1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 23 2008 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 04:21 PM
chowdah
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by richs10
For the OCDers participating in this thread:
I just noticed that, under the Topic, "1st Gear", this thread currently ranks at #7 for the most posts. Further, the six threads ahead of us are mostly from delivery weeks in 2007 or 2006. Given the level of medication obviously needed by the participants in this thread, I have no doubt that we will eventually plant that flag.

Accordingly, we must persevere in our level of posting so that may achieve our goal and establish our rightful place in annals of 1st Geardom MINItopia!
That is......(Cue the horns)...... THE GREATEST THREAD IN ALL THE WORLD.

BTW, I have decided to call my Clubman "MINI POOPER".

That is all.
I love the name "Mini Pooper." I've been obsessing over a name for my "boy" for the last 2 months ... It shouldn't be this hard to give him a name! Regarding our level of posting, I'm up for the challenge to write more! Week 23 rules!

Old 06-10-2008, 04:26 PM
OWG
5th Gear
Originally Posted by chowdah
I love the name "Mini Pooper." I've been obsessing over a name for my "boy" for the last 2 months ... It shouldn't be this hard to give him a name! Regarding our level of posting, I'm up for the challenge to write more! Week 23 rules!
Go with the force Luke...

Old 06-10-2008, 04:38 PM
OWG
5th Gear
Originally Posted by extremevalues
I can't get the VIN to pull up on patriot, so that must be it!! I'm excited!
"so let be written, so let it be done"

Old 06-10-2008, 04:39 PM
krim
5th Gear
I think we can easily out-post '06 Week 23 and take 5th on the list... or maybe it's just that Week 23's are destined to be have chatterboxes in them.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:43 PM
OWG
5th Gear
Originally Posted by krim
I think we can easily out-post '06 Week 23 and take 5th on the list... or maybe it's just that Week 23's are destined to be have chatterboxes in them.
We are not GM or Ford - we are QUALITY. Chatterboxes are optional equipment.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:46 PM
wng
1st Gear
I am at wits end, I thought I would give it the weekend to get an update... but no news, just "waiting to be release to carrier" since 6/3... very frustrated now and no one can give me an answer, just told to wait... I just wondering if anyone else feels my pain... looks like I won't any boat this week

Old 06-10-2008, 05:10 PM
krim
5th Gear
Originally Posted by OWG
We are not GM or Ford - we are QUALITY. Chatterboxes are optional equipment.
My inane posts are always of the highest calibre.

Old 06-10-2008, 05:25 PM
chknlil
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by wng
I am at wits end, I thought I would give it the weekend to get an update... but no news, just "waiting to be release to carrier" since 6/3... very frustrated now and no one can give me an answer, just told to wait... I just wondering if anyone else feels my pain... looks like I won't any boat this week

We feel your pain! Several of us on here are in the same spot you are in. Let me guess, you are going to Charleston Port in SC? Most of the guys who finished prod around 6/3 and then ended up in Southhampton by 6/6 are in the same situation. I'm betting we are either on a K-Line ship coming to the states now or are going to be heading out on a K-Line very soon. Try to be patient! The rest of us are also. Check here often for updates. It helps you cope! At least it does me.

Old 06-10-2008, 05:26 PM
hexnut
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by DanceForMINI
So now that the MINIs arrivals are steadily approaching... how far is everyone going to get theirs? There is only one dealerhip in MI but I didn't order from them, went from Classic Mini in Ohio and it's a 3 hour drive each way, what about everyone else??? Everyone who has a close dealer is fortunate, it won't be a bad drive back to MI IN my Mini but not looking forward to the cruise to get it. Of course, I'll be psyched so hopefully it will be fun!
Dear W23-2008ers;

I live in Moscow, Idaho but will be picking up my MCS in Chicago so I am located about 1825 miles from my dealer (I’ve driven it several times before).

My MCS is somewhere in that purgatory of a big parking lot at the Southampton export depot waiting for my VIN to be scanned into the W&W system. I am boatless.

I also support the effort to out-post all other forum threads. Post early and post often!

Old 06-10-2008, 05:31 PM
mnimule
3rd Gear
Me and hexnut are in the same boat!!! not literally hahahahahhaa!

Old 06-10-2008, 05:50 PM
MCEnvy
3rd Gear
Getting frustrated

So I spoke with my MA today and he said that it's "in production". But that's what he said last week Mon and the week before Tues. How can it be in production for 2 weeks? I asked for a completion date and am waiting. Looks to me like production takes approx 6-7 days, no?

So... I'm confused! Any moral help would be appreciated.

Old 06-10-2008, 05:52 PM
proximal
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MCEnvy
Your MA should be able to provide you a production number that you can use to track the car online or over the phone.

Old 06-10-2008, 06:02 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by wng
I don't get it,WNG, Nugget was born the same day, and we look like we have the same MINI Twins (just about). I just found out Monday i was on the Mignon. And today i saw it was delayed one day, possibly to load more on!
Yours has got to be here shortly. Maybe tomorrow will be the day! I feel your pain, i hoping for you!

Old 06-10-2008, 06:03 PM
hexnut
2nd Gear
<snip>
I received my production number in an email from “MINIUSA [motorers@askminiusa.com]”. As proximal suggested, I then call Ask MINI and got updates. The information was often the same info for days and days but finally I got a targeted completion date.

Old 06-10-2008, 06:19 PM
extremevalues
2nd Gear
I can't get the VIN to pull up on patriot, so that must be it!! I'm excited!
My MA verified that I am on the Sierra Nevada Highway.

Now anyone figured out how to see that one on the map? I can't find it by using the name. Guess I'll just look at the weather in lieu of knowing exactly where it is. . . .

Old 06-10-2008, 06:21 PM
chowdah
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by wng
I feel your pain! I get a different answer every time I call Ask Mini. Tonight, they told me my Mini should be completed tomorrow. (Originally, they told me it had been born on May 20 ... It was actually born on June 4.) It seems like the live person is a day behind, at least in my case. Your Mini should show up on the carrier's site so keep checking!

Old 06-10-2008, 06:32 PM
extremevalues
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by wng
I just e-mailed my MA to get as much info as possible. I feel your pain!

Old 06-10-2008, 06:36 PM
extremevalues
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by chowdah
I feel your pain! I get a different answer every time I call Ask Mini. Tonight, they told me my Mini should be completed tomorrow. (Originally, they told me it had been born on May 20 ... It was actually born on June 4.) It seems like the live person is a day behind, at least in my case. Your Mini should show up on the carrier's site so keep checking!
I'm confused??? How was your car born before it went through the birth canal? It's a little graphic, but seems like it has to get out to be born. If memory serves me right anyway!

JK

Old 06-10-2008, 06:36 PM
extremevalues
2nd Gear
I'm doing my part today to help with the post count!!!!

Old 06-10-2008, 06:57 PM
Mirrim
Wrench Wench
Originally Posted by krim
My inane posts are always of the highest calibre.
High quality inanity is an art form!

<psst, my inane contribution for this evening>

I'm excited because we'll be taking delivery in July and MITM3 is in August. It's going to be soooo fun!

Old 06-10-2008, 07:01 PM
krim
5th Gear
im a little sad, ill be heading down to San Diego for work the weekend they're in LA... maybe ill leave sat instead of friday.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:06 PM
MCEnvy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by hexnut
I received my production number in an email from “MINIUSA [motorers@askminiusa.com]”. As proximal suggested, I then call Ask MINI and got updates. The information was often the same info for days and days but finally I got a targeted completion date.
Problem is that I'm in Canada and don't have access to ASK-MINI or the Mini USA website . So I'm stuck getting updates only from my MA.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:18 PM
chowdah
3rd Gear
I'm confused??? How was your car born before it went through the birth canal? It's a little graphic, but seems like it has to get out to be born. If memory serves me right anyway!

JK
Oh, the birth canal! You have a valid point ... born before conceived ... Hmmmm. The Ask Mini people told me something like this, "Your car was born on June 4, then it goes through the painting, assembly, and quality check." My Mini is going to look like a freak but I'll luv him no matter what!

Old 06-10-2008, 07:18 PM
blackjackmark
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chknlil
We feel your pain! Several of us on here are in the same spot you are in. Let me guess, you are going to Charleston Port in SC? Most of the guys who finished prod around 6/3 and then ended up in Southhampton by 6/6 are in the same situation. I'm betting we are either on a K-Line ship coming to the states now or are going to be heading out on a K-Line very soon. Try to be patient! The rest of us are also. Check here often for updates. It helps you cope! At least it does me.
Same here, finished either 6/6 or 6/7, the robo-voice states that I'm "at the port awaiting shipment".

I too figure we're all bound for a K-Line ship, which means no tracking , but I'd rather it get here un-trackable than have to wait for a trackable (later) ship!

Old 06-10-2008, 07:39 PM
hexnut
2nd Gear
Problem is that I'm in Canada and don't have access to ASK-MINI or the Mini USA website . So I'm stuck getting updates only from my MA.
One would think our nations would have included a trade agreement solution so we could share MINI tracking information. I wish I could help.

Quick Reply: Week 23 2008 Support Group