1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 23 2008 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 07:41 PM
hexnut
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blackjackmark
Same here, finished either 6/6 or 6/7, the robo-voice states that I'm "at the port awaiting shipment".
Blackjack, my MCS was also completed 6/6 and robovoice says I'm "at the port awaiting a shipping vessel". My VIN hasn't shown up on the W&W site yet.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:43 PM
hexnut
2nd Gear
Yes!!! Maybe I have no shipping information but it's nice to see I just started page 45 of this thread with post #1101!

Old 06-10-2008, 07:50 PM
MCEnvy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by hexnut
One would think our nations would have included a trade agreement solution so we could share MINI tracking information. I wish I could help.
One would indeed! Especially since I'm only about an hour drive from the US. But no such luck. I'm extremely jealous. At least I can sort of track my Mini through you guys!

Old 06-10-2008, 07:52 PM
hexnut
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MCEnvy
One would indeed! Especially since I'm only about an hour drive from the US. But no such luck. I'm extremely jealous. At least I can sort of track my Mini through you guys!
I live in Northern Idaho, about 150 miles from BC. Where are you in Canada?

Old 06-10-2008, 07:53 PM
blackjackmark
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Blackjack, my MCS was also completed 6/6 and robovoice says I'm "at the port awaiting a shipping vessel". My VIN hasn't shown up on the W&W site yet.
Nope, mine's not on W&W either...hoping for K-Line that's already steaming our way, but more likely will be on the one that leaves 6/13

Old 06-10-2008, 08:03 PM
krim
5th Gear
If anyone has access to AISLIVE, here's Sierra Nevada Highway's callsign: 3FPU4

Old 06-10-2008, 08:13 PM
AlexM
1st Gear
Finally showed up on W&W today! Mark me down for ASIAN CHORUS too!!

Old 06-10-2008, 09:06 PM
krim
5th Gear
welcome aboard. try the buffet on the 3rd deck, it's great.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Chernobyl
2nd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Problem is that I'm in Canada and don't have access to ASK-MINI or the Mini USA website . So I'm stuck getting updates only from my MA.
I hear you dude...we Canucks are second class when it comes to tracking our MINI deliveries. Here is my (long) story:

I phoned my MA a few days after ordering and asked for my production number (I was told they had a production slot that they could amend, so I knew I wouldn't have to wait long for the number). He gave it to me, but I could hear in his voice an unasked question: "What do want it for???".

I tried entering the prod number on the miniusa.com OL - no dice. Not really a surprise, but I thought I might get lucky.

After about a week I tried calling the Canadian 866-DRV-MINI hotline. They told me: "You haven't been assigned a VIN yet. Your MA will have more information then we have available." Sigh - getting nowhere. The same day, I sent an email to MINI Canada via the "Contact Us" section on their website asking about the status of my order. Didn't get any response.

About a week later, I tried calling the 866-ASK-MINI number (just in case). After poking on his computer and talking to some other people he came back and asked: "Is this a Canadian order? We can't track those." ARGG!!

Then lo and behold, last Friday morning, I got an email response from MINI Canada (I had completely forgotten about my email to them!):
"Thank you for contacting MINI Canada.

Your vehicle is currently in production. Your VIN is WMWMF33558*******. Unfortunately, MINI Canada does not have the same vehicle tracking system as our US counterpart. Please feel free to call our Customer Interaction Center for updates at 1-866-DRV-MINI."
Woohoo - I had a VIN!!!

I tried entering my VIN on the WW site daily, and sure enough on Monday morning it came back saying I was assigned to the Mignon and was waiting on the docks at Southampton!

Now it is just a matter of getting on board and setting sail (on Wednesday at 4PM UK time).

And that's my tracking ordeal!

Old 06-11-2008, 03:15 AM
MCEnvy
3rd Gear
I live in Northern Idaho, about 150 miles from BC. Where are you in Canada?
I'm in Toronto, so quite far from where you are. I think Chernobyl is in BC!

Old 06-11-2008, 03:20 AM
MCEnvy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Chernobyl
I hear you dude...we Canucks are second class when it comes to tracking our MINI deliveries. Here is my (long) story:

And that's my tracking ordeal!
They man, thanks for that long story! You know, I really felt like doing the same thing, thinking a production would be universal. But honestly, I just didn't have the guts to ask my MA for the production number, especially after he said he's the only one that could track it and that I could call him for updates. So my update is that it's been in production for 2 weeks apparently! I'm thinking that either 1) He's messing with my head, 2) The first times he told me it was in production, it was actually awaiting production.

But I'm glad I now know that we don't have the same ability to check. Otherwise I may have lost it on him when we wouldn't give me any more info! So I'll keep following up until I get a VIN.

What I don't understand is - why don't we have the same ability? It's being made in the same plant. Aren't all cars tracked?

Old 06-11-2008, 04:25 AM
OWG
5th Gear
They man, thanks for that long story! You know, I really felt like doing the same thing, thinking a production would be universal. But honestly, I just didn't have the guts to ask my MA for the production number, especially after he said he's the only one that could track it and that I could call him for updates. So my update is that it's been in production for 2 weeks apparently! I'm thinking that either 1) He's messing with my head, 2) The first times he told me it was in production, it was actually awaiting production.

But I'm glad I now know that we don't have the same ability to check. Otherwise I may have lost it on him when we wouldn't give me any more info! So I'll keep following up until I get a VIN.

What I don't understand is - why don't we have the same ability? It's being made in the same plant. Aren't all cars tracked?
I suspect it is that MINI Canada and MINI USA are two different profit centers in the MINI corporate structure. Both hit BMW's ERP for tracking information, but MINI USA has chosen to invest in the "customer relations" help desk. And of course in the spirit of corporate think, another profit center can't be allowed to use that investment for free.

Old 06-11-2008, 04:45 AM
MCEnvy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by OWG
I suspect it is that MINI Canada and MINI USA are two different profit centers in the MINI corporate structure. Both hit BMW's ERP for tracking information, but MINI USA has chosen to invest in the "customer relations" help desk. And of course in the spirit of corporate think, another profit center can't be allowed to use that investment for free.
Ah, that makes sense. I think you're absolutely right! Just imagine all the extra staff that Mini USA has to hire just to give everyone updates!

Nonetheless... it still sucks!

Old 06-11-2008, 05:48 AM
DanceForMINI
3rd Gear
Good morning everyone. No updated shipping status yet- still awaiting carrier and I don't know which one!

Old 06-11-2008, 06:25 AM
OWG
5th Gear
As of this am, all known left coasters are manifested....

West- Port Hueneme VDC
RIGOLETTO
Departed: 04-Jun ETA:25-Jun
SeattleClubmanS

ASIAN CHORUS Departs: 11-Jun ETA:3-Jul ED823-ASC
Krim
Mirrim
spidrz06
proximal
Tweeckey
dwf137
Sgregg67
AlexM

MAERSK WAVE Departs: 20‐Jun ETA: 10‐Jul ED825-MWA

Pending Completion / Shipping Info
NONE

Old 06-11-2008, 06:25 AM
MINI_CH
Neutral
hey,

mine was born in week 23 as well. but as i live in europe, mine will already be at the dealership this week

wish you guys all a good waiting time and lots of fun with your week 23 coopers!

Old 06-11-2008, 06:44 AM
claytonl
2nd Gear
Robo-voice still places me in the paint shop to be completed yesterday. Live person says their tracking system is down, please call back in an hour or two.

Old 06-11-2008, 06:48 AM
StarryEyed
4th Gear
Ask Mini systems are down.... I just want o know what part of production Im in!

Old 06-11-2008, 06:57 AM
wng
1st Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
I don't get it,WNG, Nugget was born the same day, and we look like we have the same MINI Twins (just about). I just found out Monday i was on the Mignon. And today i saw it was delayed one day, possibly to load more on!
Yours has got to be here shortly. Maybe tomorrow will be the day! I feel your pain, i hoping for you!
Nothing new this morning... same message. Lucky to have the support group here, only hope not to have this thread closed before I get my MINI..lol..

Old 06-11-2008, 07:17 AM
wng
1st Gear
Originally Posted by chknlil
We feel your pain! Several of us on here are in the same spot you are in. Let me guess, you are going to Charleston Port in SC? Most of the guys who finished prod around 6/3 and then ended up in Southhampton by 6/6 are in the same situation. I'm betting we are either on a K-Line ship coming to the states now or are going to be heading out on a K-Line very soon. Try to be patient! The rest of us are also. Check here often for updates. It helps you cope! At least it does me.
Thanks for the support, but what really fustrates me is that my car isn't at the port yet. It is waiting to be release to carrier to be brought to the port according to a live person at ASK MINI. I should be on a W&W boat coming into NJ/NY as the dealer and I are in NJ, less that 25 miles from the port...

Old 06-11-2008, 07:38 AM
DanceForMINI
3rd Gear
Stinks that all of the Canadian soon to be Mini drivers don't have the same access that we do in the States, then again, maybe Mini figures you are more paitient :}

Old 06-11-2008, 08:15 AM
MCEnvy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DanceForMINI
Stinks that all of the Canadian soon to be Mini drivers don't have the same access that we do in the States, then again, maybe Mini figures you are more paitient :}
Nah, nothing to do with patience. It's that they figure we're too polite to complain about it!

But yes, it's quite aggravating knowing that you guys have so much info. But what are you gonna do? I guess once production is finished and we get the VIN, it's all the same. Just feel bad calling my MA for constant updates.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:51 AM
DanceForMINI
3rd Gear
This board is pretty quiet today- what's the deal, everyone else get their MINI's shipped overnight and are busy out motoring?? Today would be a glorious day for it in MI anyway....

Old 06-11-2008, 10:22 AM
OWG
5th Gear
Been wondering the same thing - may be because the ASK-MINI folks didn't have an operable system this am (they are up now, by the way).

Old 06-11-2008, 10:35 AM
chknlil
2nd Gear
I think it's because we have to work!

Quick Reply: Week 23 2008 Support Group