1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 23 2008 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 07:47 PM
StarryEyed
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thank you! ha ha ha. And most of them have been spent complaining about how long my baby is taking to get here!

Old 06-20-2008, 08:00 PM
StarryEyed
4th Gear
Originally Posted by cooperfan1024
About how long do our MINIs stay at the VDC?
I think it all depends on whether or not you're getting anything installed there... Like my JCW aerokit is painted and installed at the VDC. I don't think anything else of mine is done there, but that has to mean it'll be there for an extra day or two.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:14 PM
calong
1st Gear
anyone out there know if the Charleston VDC works on the weekends. I am assuming my car is at the port now (sierra nevada hwy) not sure how long it takes to unload - wondering how long to get to OHIO? Any one else in the same boat (pun intended) Only having sport stripes applied - info would relieve some anxiety - HA!!

Old 06-20-2008, 08:23 PM
DChap
5th Gear
i'm still winning, i need my car soon or i think the thread might stop allowing me to post in it haha

Old 06-20-2008, 08:24 PM
DChap
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIspud
welcome to our madness noodle!

chap..sooo sorry to hear that.. it might be down to the wire if i get mine on tuesday to see who posts pix first...

what day do you think you will get yours?
I don't know, i can't get it sat, they are closed sun, and unless i call out of work on monday i won't be able to go get it until thursday.... crap on that idea.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:44 PM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
Originally Posted by StarryEyed
thank you! ha ha ha. And most of them have been spent complaining about how long my baby is taking to get here!
Hahaha!

Well I'm pretty sure the wait is well worth it because judging from the specs, Skye looks like one awesome MINI!!

Old 06-20-2008, 08:44 PM
richs10
5th Gear
Hey all, I took delivery of my Clubman S this afternoon. Everything went great at the dealership. Then I got the opportunity to run from Annapolis up to Silver Spring (outside DC) as my inaugaral run.

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!

The dealer threw in the Clubman mats and an organizer box for the boot. Plus I got a good deal on my Sports Stripes which were installed at NY VDC. Total cost including installation, $180.00. Best price I've seen!

Annapolis MINI and my MA, William Barfield, did a great job. I ordered this car on May 26th and it was delivered today, June 20th. 25 days. I don't think it could be any quicker than that!

The only problem was that some colorblind English guy installed a Cream armrest on the passenger door (correct) and a Gray armrest on the driver's door (very incorrect). Everyone was kinda stunned when we noticed it. They said they had never seen that before! They have placed an order for a new one which they will put on when it gets in. And we were missing the tow plug cover on the rear bumper.

Here are some pics I took at the dealer while waiting for the F&I guy to finish up with another customer:

Old 06-20-2008, 08:48 PM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
Originally Posted by richs10
Hey all, I took delivery of my Clubman S this afternoon. Everything went great at the dealership. Then I got the opportunity to run from Annapolis up to Silver Spring (outside DC) as my inaugaral run.

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!
OMG!! That is one very beautiful MINI!! But then again, I'm biased! But seriously.. wow!! Congratulations!! Yay for Pepperwhites!!

OWG, I believe the awarding of a wing is next in order..

[Oh could you please post of the mismatched doors? I'm curious! ]

Old 06-20-2008, 08:51 PM
blackjackmark
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by calong
anyone out there know if the Charleston VDC works on the weekends.
Sales manager in StL says they do...but I don't believe anyone else has confirmed that with their MA or sales manager, so take it for what it's worth! I certainly HOPE they do!

Old 06-20-2008, 08:53 PM
DChap
5th Gear
number two goes to richs..... congrats.... and fill up this thread with pics for us while we wait for a chance to do it for ourselves.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:02 PM
blackjackmark
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MiniMama2
Just ordered my detailing/washing supplies from Detailers Paradise. .
Just RECEIVED my order! Now I just need a MINI to use it on!

TWO WEEKS from tomorrow if all goes well! If not, a nice padded room would be good!

Old 06-20-2008, 09:08 PM
DChap
5th Gear
what is the big deal with the hydra and the rest of them? I never even heard of them before my brother got his MINI and he then went and bought a bunch. I use McGuires soaps and waxes and polishes. Or Turtle Wax. Anything Carnuba, Mothers or anything thing along those lines..... but whats the big deal around here with that stuff??

Old 06-20-2008, 10:16 PM
zonedguy
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
DChap asked for more pictures...so more you get...Starry asked for night shots....so night shots you get...

If you want to see something, you just let me know and I'll get it for you tomorrow.

I tried some night photography, some of it came out, some of it did not, I've salvaged what I could and posted in my original link. Most of it is of the ambient lighting effects (which is really really cool in person!): http://picasaweb.google.com/zonedguy/MINI

One of the things that really surprised me today was how bright the lights were in the dailylight, so I was understandably blown away by how vibrant they are at night. How best to capture this than by video? For your enjoyment I've uploaded to YouTube and posted below. YouTube's compression really killed the quality...but you get the idea.

Note: I forgot my camera also recorded sound, so while you can hear the beautiful purrrrrr of the engine, I am also horrifically embarassed by the choice of music that is playing on whatever that factory preset radio station is. I had pulled my iPod and it defaulted to the tuner, I was too busy to notice...oooooh well, I'll suffer for your further enjoyment.

Direct Link: http://www.youtube.com/v/IOKBepfBdG0

Last edited by zonedguy; 06-20-2008 at 10:28 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:19 PM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
Originally Posted by zonedguy
DChap asked for more pictures...so more you get...Starry asked for night shots....so night shots you get...

If you want to see something, you just let me know and I'll get it for you tomorrow.

I tried some night photography, some of it came out, some of it did not, I've salvaged what I could and posted in my original link. Most of it is of the ambient lighting effects (which is really really cool in person!): http://picasaweb.google.com/zonedguy/MINI
Wow, the Xenons are really bright! And the mood lights.. aaaah. Aarrgh I get more excited waiting for Peewee just looking at your pics!

Wish you could've taken a longer video shot with the whole interior and all! But thanks!

Haha look at us! We're living our dreams through you!

Just a few more weeks for me now...

Last edited by Tweeckey; 06-20-2008 at 11:36 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:33 AM
DChap
5th Gear
nice video there zoned. must be a good morning knowing you can walk outside and get in your very own MINI COOPER.

Old 06-21-2008, 03:50 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by zonedguy
Not only working, working past 5:00 on Friday. I know, I am ashamed :(

Does it count that I motored all morning!? I put 139 miles on it already! (and the best thing, the gas gauge dial didn't even go down yet!)
Wow, I don't know if I'm "wowing" about the 139 miles or the fact the gas gauge didn't move yet!!
both are really great things.

Old 06-21-2008, 03:52 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by DChap
damnit, MA just called, he won't be ready to deliver it tomorrow so I have to wait a few days.
WHAT, what is up with that??? what are they doing to it? Are you having something done?

Old 06-21-2008, 03:56 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
ok i know i'm moaning and being a grump right now, but zoned you need to post a bunch more pictures pronto since I am going to be unable to take photos of mine for another 3-5 days. I WANT TO CRY :-(
I'm just trying to catch up from last night and I have 3 pages to go through, but why 3-5 more days? Sorry if I missed something and if this is a repeated question and you are upset enoughalready to explain again! sorry.

Old 06-21-2008, 04:19 AM
OWG
5th Gear
Congratulations!

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!
On Behalf of the members of Production Week 23 2008

Delivery #2

Old 06-21-2008, 04:21 AM
OWG
5th Gear
Two down, fifty two to go!

Welcome Noodle

K-Line website (http://www.kline.com/) and the WW website (http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSchedules/)

East Coast –
Halifax

MIGNON Departed: 11‐Jun Arrived:17‐Jun EX806-MIG
  • Chernobyl
FEDORA Departed: 18‐Jun ETA: 25‐Jun EA824-FED
DON JUAN
Departs: 24‐Jun ETA: 1‐Jul EA825-DOJ

Pending Completion / Shipping Info
  • MCEnvy
NYC VDC
FIDELIO
Departed: 05-Jun Arrived: 14-Jun
  • zonedguy #1
  • Richs10 #2
  • BahnMan
  • toolazyforalogin
  • irondynarider
PATRIOT Departed: 07-Jun Arrived: 16-Jun
  • MINIspud
  • DChap
MIGNON Departed: 11‐Jun Arrived: 20-Jun EX806-MIG
  • gemgirlpa
  • chowdah
  • chippey46
  • Tennessee Cuttey
ASIAN CHORUS Departed: 12-Jun Arrived:20-Jun ED823-ASC
  • DanceforMINI
  • Mainie
  • Noodle

FEDORA Departed: 18‐Jun ETA: 27‐Jun EA824-FED
  • OWG
  • wng
COURAGE Departs: 21‐Jun ETA: 1‐Jul EB825-COG
DON JUAN
Departs: 24‐Jun ETA: 3‐Jul EA825-DOJ

Unknown Vessel
  • Axela
  • Mozza
Charleston VDC
PATRIOT
Departed: 07-Jun ETA:21-Jun
  • lohrm1
SIERRA NEVADA HIGHWAY Departed: 8‐Jun Arrived 20-Jun
  • Greg Davis
  • extremevalues
  • cooperfan1024
  • houtexcc
  • MINImalistnam
  • MiniMama2
  • chknlil
WESTERN HIGHWAY Departed: 13‐Jun ETA: 26‐Jun
  • ThommyG
  • mnimule
  • mrmrsjackson
  • jfp
  • blackjackmark
  • YsIFit
  • Claytonl
  • hexnut
EMDEN Departs: 21‐Jun ETA: 3‐Jul
COURAGE Departs: 21‐Jun ETA: 5‐Jul EB825-COG

• ahpook
  • bumgartnern
  • StarryEyed
Brunswick VDC
FIDELIO
Departed: 05-Jun Arrived 19-Jun
  • Bandit
  • georgetown59
West- Port Hueneme VDC
RIGOLETTO
Departed: 04-Jun ETA:26-Jun
  • SeattleClubmanS
ASIAN CHORUS Departed: 12-Jun ETA:3-Jul ED823-ASC
  • Krim
  • Mirrim
  • spidrz06
  • proximal
  • Tweeckey
  • dwf137
  • Sgregg67
  • AlexM
  • HenrysMINI
European Delivery
  • Eusey
Secure, Undisclosed Location
  • vashim66
  • DC1

Last edited by OWG; 06-21-2008 at 07:33 AM. Reason: slot Axela
Old 06-21-2008, 04:24 AM
MiniMama2
2nd Gear
anyone out there know if the Charleston VDC works on the weekends. I am assuming my car is at the port now (sierra nevada hwy) not sure how long it takes to unload - wondering how long to get to OHIO? Any one else in the same boat (pun intended) Only having sport stripes applied - info would relieve some anxiety - HA!!
I am in the same situation. Maggy came in on the SNH and is headed for Detroit. The only things being installed are the driving lamps and her stripes, so I hope that she doesn't linger at the VDC. When I spoke to my MA last Tuesday, he said it would be about a week and half or two weeks.

what is the big deal with the hydra and the rest of them? I never even heard of them before my brother got his MINI and he then went and bought a bunch. I use McGuires soaps and waxes and polishes. Or Turtle Wax. Anything Carnuba, Mothers or anything thing along those lines..... but whats the big deal around here with that stuff??
I'm not sure its a big deal, but after reading the detailing thread it made it sound easy to do. Spray on and wipe! I am all in favor of easy and that's why I went that route. Also it said it was great for squashed bugs. Not so much chance of injuring Maggy's Mellow!!

Old 06-21-2008, 04:27 AM
DChap
5th Gear
apparently they didnt have enough time with the car to be able to deliver it to me today. Something about their finance and detail depts holding me up. So I can't go get it today, they are closed Sunday, I can't on Monday due to my work hours that day, MA has tuesday off, can't Wednesday because of my hours again, so Thursday is my next oportunity to get it. They better throw in some free mats or something.

Old 06-21-2008, 05:11 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
UGH - i'm so sorry!
on the funny side - Nuggget and Altoid will meet again!
Nugget will hopefully be there on Wednesday and so they can party like "old times" until you pick him up. He will have lots of company!

Old 06-21-2008, 05:41 AM
toolazyforalogin
6th Gear
apparently they didnt have enough time with the car to be able to deliver it to me today. Something about their finance and detail depts holding me up. So I can't go get it today, they are closed Sunday, I can't on Monday due to my work hours that day, MA has tuesday off, can't Wednesday because of my hours again, so Thursday is my next oportunity to get it. They better throw in some free mats or something.

I'm not taking delivery until I get my free mats. Everybody seems to get them

Old 06-21-2008, 06:37 AM
StarryEyed
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Tweeckey
Hahaha!

Well I'm pretty sure the wait is well worth it because judging from the specs, Skye looks like one awesome MINI!!

Well thank you! That's why I'm even more excited to get her!

Hey all, I took delivery of my Clubman S this afternoon.

Nice car! One more person to be envious of. haha...

Quick Reply: Week 23 2008 Support Group