1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 23 2008 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 03:45 PM
chowdah
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SeattleClubmanS
You don't want the "free" floor mats... you want to pick out nice floor mats that they won't charge you for! There is a BIG difference!
The "free" floor mats suck huh? Are they the all rubber ones?

Old 06-23-2008, 03:50 PM
krim
5th Gear
Originally Posted by DanceForMINI
Pretty quiet on here this morning- everyone out motoring?
Forums are blocked by our firewall. We're monitored heavily and it isn't worth it to use a proxy. AND i'm trying not to think about the 3 weeks remaining.

Originally Posted by chowdah
The "free" floor mats suck huh? Are they the all rubber ones?
My MA said i could choose rubber or fabric, i hope you get a choice too.

Old 06-23-2008, 04:26 PM
chknlil
2nd Gear
I had to order mine. Dealer wouldn't give up anything for free. Anyway, I ordered the carpeted ones with the S logo on them. They did give me like 20% off though.

Old 06-23-2008, 04:57 PM
calong
1st Gear
any word on delivery Michigan? I am in Ohio and am wondering if you heard anything about getting your MINI on a truck and getting the heck out of Charleston. I needed sport stripes added but that is it. The lounge still says I am in transit as well as the telephone in robo voice. Getting impatient - going on vacation shortly and need to get my car! Also need to sell a car but can't until I take delivery.

Old 06-23-2008, 05:03 PM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
I had a bit of a confusion a while back regarding those but got it cleared up. I'm getting the free mats I think, 'cause my MA said they were going to throw it in that's why I ordered from them, aside from that, I wanted the Sport Stripes which was $84 and when he totaled them, it was $190 -he said it was plus installation. When we got home, my brother said "you know why it was $190? You paid for the floor mats as well..". But anyway, I asked around and they said that's usually the whole price for Sport Stripes and installation so I'm hoping my brother is wrong and I'm really getting the mats for free.

Whew! Long explanation..

Old 06-23-2008, 05:14 PM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
Lookie this!
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...54#post2321154
He's getting his MINI in less than a month! How'd some people get to be so lucky??

Old 06-23-2008, 05:23 PM
krim
5th Gear
Originally Posted by calong
any word on delivery Michigan? I am in Ohio and am wondering if you heard anything about getting your MINI on a truck and getting the heck out of Charleston. I needed sport stripes added but that is it. The lounge still says I am in transit as well as the telephone in robo voice. Getting impatient - going on vacation shortly and need to get my car! Also need to sell a car but can't until I take delivery.
Robo-voice's human counterpart told me that Robo-voice doesn't track farther than Southampton, your MA is the best source after it's been loaded on a RORO.

Originally Posted by Tweeckey
Lookie this!
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...54#post2321154
He's getting his MINI in less than a month! How'd some people get to be so lucky??

Live on the wrong coast helps a lot. We have that extra 2 weeks of transit. If I were on the other coast, i'd have mine by now too.

Old 06-23-2008, 05:24 PM
BahnMan
1st Gear
Anyone in Week 23 in DC Area

Anyone in Washington area get their car yet? Mine was on the Fidelio, arrived NY on 6/14, but no car yet.

Anyone get a car at Sterling? My MA keeps telling me "it's in NY."

Old 06-23-2008, 05:26 PM
krim
5th Gear
I think your MINI said it was too hot and humid and was staying in the air conditioned VDC.

I heard NYC takes longer and they dont work weekends. If you have a lot of things that need to be put on, then + days(?) May want to check out the Fidelio thread if you aren't already on there.

Old 06-23-2008, 05:37 PM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
Live on the wrong coast helps a lot. We have that extra 2 weeks of transit. If I were on the other coast, i'd have mine by now too.
Oh yeah.. you're right. Forgot about that. Now's the only time I wished I lived on the East Coast. Haha. JK.

Old 06-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Fuso
1st Gear
Can I get added to the Mignon. I was discharged on June 20th

Originally Posted by OWG
K-Line website (http://www.kline.com/) and the WW website (http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSchedules/)

MIGNON Departed: 11‐Jun Arrived: 20-Jun EX806-MIG
  • gemgirlpa
  • chowdah
  • chippey46
  • Tennessee Cuttey
__________________________________________________ ____________
*vashim66 has retired from this group
I seem to be lost in the system. My MA has no information on my MINI. He thinks its still waiting for a vessel. But my VIN tells me it was on the Mignon and discharged on June 20th.

I'm waiting calmly....yes, I AM waiting calmly.

Old 06-23-2008, 05:53 PM
Fuso
1st Gear
Me! I'm in Baltimore and ordered through Mini of Annapolis

Originally Posted by BahnMan
Anyone in Washington area get their car yet? Mine was on the Fidelio, arrived NY on 6/14, but no car yet.

Mine says it was discharged to the VDC on June 20th. I shouldn't be having anything done to it at the VDC. It should me in and then right out again.

My MA can't tell me anything. When I talked to him on Saturday, he told me his records showed it "waiting for a vessel". Yet the WW tells me it was discharged.

I'm trying to be calm. I'm going to guess that the MAs all want these sales closed out by the end of the month.

One other guy on NAM said his went from being at the VDC to in his hands in 7 days, and this was at Annapolis.

Yours seems to be taking a really long time.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:38 PM
OWG
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Fuso
Can I get added to the Mignon. I was discharged on June 20th

Yes, happily! Done.*

*Note: I update the last roll, and will pull it forward in a couple of pages or when someone takes delivery.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:41 PM
OWG
5th Gear

Just three folks in NY-NJ area.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:49 PM
wng
1st Gear
OWG - It looks like the Fedora will not arrive into Port Newark until 6/27... Just an FYI..

Old 06-23-2008, 06:56 PM
OWG
5th Gear
Originally Posted by wng
OWG - It looks like the Fedora will not arrive into Port Newark until 6/27... Just an FYI..
Got it. Thanks! Well whats another day, right before the 4th....

Old 06-23-2008, 07:20 PM
DChap
5th Gear
I didn't know there was a difference between free floor mats and the ones you are supposed to buy. Interesting.

So things are on for thursday, car will be ready and waiting for me by 1:00pm. Apparently it is ready now, and sitting inside. Does that mean in the showroom? I hope not.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:39 PM
krim
5th Gear
Originally Posted by DChap
I didn't know there was a difference between free floor mats and the ones you are supposed to buy. Interesting.

So things are on for thursday, car will be ready and waiting for me by 1:00pm. Apparently it is ready now, and sitting inside. Does that mean in the showroom? I hope not.
I'd hope so too, people like to play with cars inside the showroom... i wouldn't want anyone molesting my MINI like I did the clubman that was in the showroom when I was last there.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:47 PM
extremevalues
2nd Gear
Run as fast as you can and rescue poor Altoid! He's being touched by all kinds of MINI lovers out there. You know you did it too!

Glad to hear they are ready for you, hopefully Altoid is in the garage not the showroom. gulp!

Old 06-23-2008, 07:54 PM
toolazyforalogin
6th Gear

what's the difference? I was told $105 but classic mini sells them for $60 w/ the NAM discount.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:01 PM
richs10
5th Gear

I really doubt the car is still in NY. I was on the same ship. NY VCD on 6/14, sport stripes installed at NY VDC; at my dealer (Annapolis MINI) on Wednesday, 6/18; in my hot, little hands by 3pm Friday, 6/20.

It may be time for lot walk......

Old 06-23-2008, 08:25 PM
StarryEyed
4th Gear

There is no difference in the floor mats. They just have the choice of which floor mats you get for free if they don't want to let you choose. There all the same ones.. only difference is whether they let you choose which ones or they give you the cheapest ones.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:31 PM
jfp
1st Gear
I just got an email from my MA and he says I should be able to pick up either Saturday or Monday. Yay!

Not

Old 06-23-2008, 08:33 PM
jfp
1st Gear
I just got an email from my MA and he says I should be able to pick up either Saturday or Monday. Yay!

Not bad considering that I placed my order on May 30 so Monday Jun 30 is exactly 1 month from order to delivery.

oops, double post... dunno how that happened, sorry!

Old 06-23-2008, 08:33 PM
zonedguy
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by extremevalues
Run as fast as you can and rescue poor Altoid! He's being touched by all kinds of MINI lovers out there. You know you did it too!
Glad to hear they are ready for you, hopefully Altoid is in the garage not the showroom. gulp!
My MINI was in the garage underneath a MINI car cover. Bad touch!

Quick Reply: Week 23 2008 Support Group