1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Aboard the RIGOLETTO - leaving Southampton 6/4/08 for Port Hueneme!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 10:34 AM
Ownd
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So in other words tracking is going to be extremely weak from here out...Does it really take a week at vdc? I don't have any jcw parts being installed or stripes.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Dude, where's my car?
1st Gear
Me too!!

Next time stamp comes up at 11am Pacific (1800 UTC)...so let's see if we show up.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:38 AM
MINIspud
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mine is at the VDC now. My MA showed me on his computer over the weekend what they can check. They CAN see some status at the VDC. Like estimated departure..estimated arrival at dealer. and i think some info on where it is at while in the VDC.. so once it makes it to shore, i would be emailing/calling my MA.

mine got dropped at the VDC yesterday morn. So i am patiently waiting until tomorrow to start bugging my MA for info.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:20 PM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
FYI, as of a couple of days ago the Port Hueneme arrival schedule (http://www.portofhueneme.org/documen...0612162452.pdf) shows the Rigoletto coming in on June 25. WW's schedule (http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSche...esselSearch.do) still shows June 24.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Ownd
3rd Gear
Yea I noticed that too...

Old 06-17-2008, 02:30 PM
SeattleClubmanS
3rd Gear
My MA told me it can take UP TO one week at the VDC, I've read other MINI's being out in a few days. Let's hope it's shorter, but I'm not sure if the transport to the dealer has anything to do with it (filling up a truck headed your way, etc).

My dealer is installing the sport stripes not at the VDC so I don't have any options being installed there either... And I was one of the last on the ship before it sailed so hopefully that means I'll be one of the first off...

Old 06-17-2008, 02:44 PM
Dude, where's my car?
1st Gear
FYI, as of a couple of days ago the Port Hueneme arrival schedule (http://www.portofhueneme.org/documen...0612162452.pdf) shows the Rigoletto coming in on June 25. WW's schedule (http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSche...esselSearch.do) still shows June 24.
I think I read somewhere that the port schedule is updated on Thursdays, so it's showing the schedule as of last Thursday, June 12th. If that's right, then we'll know more when they put out a new schedule this week - and hopefully it'll show our ship coming in on the 24th.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:43 PM
Chilao
1st Gear
My MA mentioned 4 to 5 days at the VDC then one day to the dealership in SoCal.
So I'm thinkin' June 24 at the dock, July 1 at the dealer, July 4th on Angeles Crest Highway!!!!!!

BTW, what are the break-in specifics?
And how does one stay under the limits with a new MINI?

Old 06-17-2008, 09:10 PM
SeattleClubmanS
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Chilao
My MA mentioned 4 to 5 days at the VDC then one day to the dealership in SoCal.
So I'm thinkin' June 24 at the dock, July 1 at the dealer, July 4th on Angeles Crest Highway!!!!!!

BTW, what are the break-in specifics?
And how does one stay under the limits with a new MINI?
I dunno about the specs but I know it's hard to do! Self-control...

Old 06-17-2008, 10:14 PM
Dead Ringer
4th Gear
I feel so lost without being able to track the ship and its trail .. I keep on clicking the link to no avail , oh where oh where is my ... uh ... hum ... little go cart that handles like its on rails??

Old 06-18-2008, 01:01 PM
SeattleClubmanS
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Dead Ringer
I feel so lost without being able to track the ship and its trail .. I keep on clicking the link to no avail , oh where oh where is my ... uh ... hum ... little go cart that handles like its on rails??
Me too!

But at least we only have 5-6 days to go.... not like that is making it go any faster....

Old 06-18-2008, 01:03 PM
SeattleClubmanS
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MINIspud
mine is at the VDC now. My MA showed me on his computer over the weekend what they can check. They CAN see some status at the VDC. Like estimated departure..estimated arrival at dealer. and i think some info on where it is at while in the VDC.. so once it makes it to shore, i would be emailing/calling my MA.

mine got dropped at the VDC yesterday morn. So i am patiently waiting until tomorrow to start bugging my MA for info.
I like your new signature!! Did Cooperation hook you up too?

Old 06-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Dead Ringer
4th Gear
Originally Posted by SeattleClubmanS
Did Cooperation hook you up too?
speaking of, how did you get such a cool signature yourself??

Old 06-18-2008, 01:26 PM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
Uhhh, has anyone else checked the WW schedule recently? Sometime in the last 24 hours the Rigoletto's scheduled arrival at Port Hueneme changed from June 24 to June 26! No update on the Port website, and I can't get any updated tracking info on the ship...

Old 06-18-2008, 01:45 PM
SeattleClubmanS
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Dead Ringer
speaking of, how did you get such a cool signature yourself??
Under "General MINI Talk" then the "What if" thread I had requested a special image from "Cooperation" and he sent me the custom image as well as a bunch of cool signatures to use if I wanted.... It was really awsome. It took a week or so after my request to get it but in the end it was all worth it!

Old 06-18-2008, 01:48 PM
SeattleClubmanS
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by SPF ZERO
Uhhh, has anyone else checked the WW schedule recently? Sometime in the last 24 hours the Rigoletto's scheduled arrival at Port Hueneme changed from June 24 to June 26! No update on the Port website, and I can't get any updated tracking info on the ship...
Ugh.... I checked earlier and didn't even notice that... I did check all the sites today and nothing came of it... Didn't someone say that they update the schedule on Thursday's? I guess we can check and see again tomorrow... Let's hope they don't delay anymore...

Old 06-18-2008, 03:10 PM
Dude, where's my car?
1st Gear
Truly bad news indeed!!

So, how's this for a theory? Before, when our arrival date was the 24th, we were supposed to go thru the canal on the 16th. Well...seeing as our new date is now the 26th, what if we're just leaving the canal today?!?!? Maybe that's the reason we haven't popped back up on the sailwx site?

I had the panama canal webcam up on Monday afternoon and evening, and I never saw us go thru. I just thought I missed it, but now I'm not so sure.

http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/ca...html?cam=HiDef

Or, maybe the captain didn't have the correct change for the toll, and he/she had to turn around to find an ATM or something.

Old 06-18-2008, 03:16 PM
SeattleClubmanS
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Dude, where's my car?
Truly bad news indeed!!

So, how's this for a theory? Before, when our arrival date was the 24th, we were supposed to go thru the canal on the 16th. Well...seeing as our new date is now the 26th, what if we're just leaving the canal today?!?!? Maybe that's the reason we haven't popped back up on the sailwx site?

I had the panama canal webcam up on Monday afternoon and evening, and I never saw us go thru. I just thought I missed it, but now I'm not so sure.

http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/ca...html?cam=HiDef

Or, maybe the captain didn't have the correct change for the toll, and he/she had to turn around to find an ATM or something.
But the WW site says it's already left that port... I like the theory but I dunno... We are sailing under the radar -- maybe they will suprise us with an early arrival becuase of stong tail winds helping to push it along....

Old 06-18-2008, 03:35 PM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
Awww, what the hell... I called the WW office at Port Hueneme!

The person there told me that the Rigoletto is scheduled to arrive late on the 25th ("could be early on the 26th"). Once the ship arrives, "...it will take 1-2 days to offload all the cars on the ship." After that "it goes to the delivery center, and it could be a few days to a week there, depending on what they need to do for your car." Then he asked, "What kind of car you getting? MINI? BMW?" I told him it is a MINI, and he said "I thought probably... they seem to be the ones who call."

I told him I had been watching the ship's progress until it got to the Canal, but that the tracking site has no updates. He told me, "I'd love to help. We used to give out details, but after 9/11 we can't do that anymore."

Really nice guy... too bad he didn't offer to make the ship go faster!

Old 06-18-2008, 03:49 PM
Dude, where's my car?
1st Gear
Code:
Awww, what the hell... I called the WW office at Port Hueneme!
The phone - Totally old-school, but oh, so effective!!
How did we all get any information before Al Gore created the Internet?!?!?

But I digress...

So, I went over to the bmw boards and looked at some tracking threads, and I found this site that has canal schedules:

http://www.boydsteamship.com/traffic...king_slots.htm

Good to see that we're not on any list (i.e., we're thru), but it does say that, because of heavy traffic, there can be a delay of 48-72 hours getting thru the canal. So while we did leave the port, I'm not sure we made alot of progress initially. That may be the source of our delay into PH.

Hopefully, we're thru and northbound...

Old 06-18-2008, 03:51 PM
Dead Ringer
4th Gear
Originally Posted by SPF ZERO
The person there told me that the Rigoletto is scheduled to arrive late on the 25th ("could be early on the 26th"). Once the ship arrives, "...it will take 1-2 days to offload all the cars on the ship." After that "it goes to the delivery center, and it could be a few days to a week there, depending on what they need to do for your car." Then he asked, "What kind of car you getting? MINI? BMW?" I told him it is a MINI, and he said "I thought probably... they seem to be the ones who call."
Really nice guy... too bad he didn't offer to make the ship go faster!
thanks for the info, too bad it sounds like it might be at the VDC for a week

Old 06-18-2008, 03:59 PM
redfiver
2nd Gear
how long does it take to get through the canal? And, when they've left port at the canal, does it mean they are just cleared to go through the canal? or is the whole canal the port?

Here is a picture from moments ago at Miraflores (White top, green bottom, looks like a car carrier?)

Attached Thumbnails All Aboard the RIGOLETTO - leaving Southampton 6/4/08 for Port Hueneme!-miraflores.jpg  
Old 06-18-2008, 04:05 PM
Dude, where's my car?
1st Gear
Go to the high-res image on the Miraflores Locks cam...is that us???

Old 06-18-2008, 04:16 PM
Dude, where's my car?
1st Gear
NOPE!! It's the Sunbelt Spirit.

Nothing to see here...break it up.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:14 AM
SeattleClubmanS
3rd Gear
You guys are funny... Glad to see some investigative work being done -- GREAT JOB!!!

Dead Ringer -- Don't be too upset that they will be at the VDC for a week, that is what my MA has been telling me the whole time plus most people move right through a lot quicker... unless there was damage done during transit... which NONE of us will have!!! I guess I'm just not suprised or worried about the one week since that is what I was told all along and included in my delivery calculations... But I understand your frustrated if you didn't know that!

So are you guys thinking we are still near the Canal or not through it yet....... It HAS to be closer to Cali then we think because it is supposed to arrive next Wednesday (apx) and these ships don't move very fast...

I'm staying optimistic...

Quick Reply: All Aboard the RIGOLETTO - leaving Southampton 6/4/08 for Port Hueneme!