1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got IPOD Interface installed.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Lizette Rivera
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got IPOD Interface installed.

I'm new member. My membership started as I got an IPOD interface for my Mini S 2006. I found great information on how to install here. Did it in 1 1/2 hour no problem. Thanks to all that commented before me. I'll post some of my findings later this week.

Old 07-16-2008, 12:15 PM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Lizette Rivera
I'm new member. My membership started as I got an IPOD interface for my Mini S 2006. I found great information on how to install here. Did it in 1 1/2 hour no problem. Thanks to all that commented before me. I'll post some of my findings later this week.
Well first off Welcome new member...
And since it's been a month since you installed your Ipod interface ... can you tell us how its working out for you?

David

Old 07-26-2008, 12:02 PM
Lizette Rivera
Neutral
Thansk for the Welcoming and , I'm back with good news. My iPod interface is working as expected, great!

The Mini Owner's Manual for the iPOD Interface included in the kit was very useful and has easy instructions. I defined the playlists as required (MINI1, MINI2 ... MINI5) and I can use the radio to select them. Also, the controls from the stering wheel worked just fine for volume and advance or backtrack. Now, I mostly use my playlists so if there are any tricks with accesing music in other ways I'm not familiar yet but the mannual describes quite few. The thing is, I have over 4,000 songs so I rather organized in the playlists and play them as my mood changes for the drive.

I took pics of the tool used to removed the panel under the sterring wheel so here they are attached. Let me know if you have any other questions. I'll try to answer, much sooner than this time!

Happy Motoring!

Attached Thumbnails Just got IPOD Interface installed.-tool_1_640.jpg   Just got IPOD Interface installed.-tool_2_640.jpg  
Old 07-26-2008, 01:51 PM
exposition
5th Gear
Glad that worked out for you. I wish I had the guts to try that out myself. I desperately need to be able to play my iPod in my MINI. So tired of CDs.

Old 07-26-2008, 02:03 PM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
I highly recommend doing it as soon as possible.
It it the single best mod I have done so far, it is so nice not having to search through a pile of cd's or listen to the cd's shifting around in the glove box.
It's not really that hard once you get past the confusing directions that come with it, it's actually quite simple.

Old 07-26-2008, 02:05 PM
exposition
5th Gear
Originally Posted by cabriopilot
I highly recommend doing it as soon as possible.
It it the single best mod I have done so far, it is so nice not having to search through a pile of cd's or listen to the cd's shifting around in the glove box.
It's not really that hard once you get past the confusing directions that come with it, it's actually quite simple.
Still... maybe I'll get my dad or boyfriend to help

But it does really sound nifty, that's for sure!