1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Aboard Asian Chorus! Departing Southampton 12 June

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 09:12 AM
sgregg67
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine also changed to @VDC with an EDD of 7/9. That's when it arrived at the dealer.

Pick up at 5:00 this evening.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:33 AM
thevelourfog
5th Gear
I'll have to keep an eye out for your car! I'm glad someone got theirs already!

It's really weird because my original MA apparently got fired and I of course had to be proactive and deal with the hassle of getting a new MA assigned to me to let me know when my car was being delivered and answer all of my questions. I was also promised some accessories and I'm wondering if I'll still be getting anything since the guy is different.

Originally Posted by HenrysMINI
Hey Velourfog! We're neighbors! Picked up our MINI last night in Calabasas - the traffic was awful but the MINI is great. We really liked one salesguy at Assael in Monrovia - can't remember his name but they have (at least) one very knowledgeable and helpful guy working there and (at least) one a**hole - I hope your MA is the really nice one!

Anyway, at least one Asian Chorus passenger is already breaking all limits on the 110 and having a wonderful time!

Old 07-10-2008, 12:31 PM
proximal
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My car has arrived. Picking it up on Saturday.

edit: My awesome MA took some pictures for me.

Attached Thumbnails All Aboard Asian Chorus! Departing Southampton 12 June-mini-club.jpg   All Aboard Asian Chorus! Departing Southampton 12 June-miniclub2.jpg  

Last edited by proximal; 07-10-2008 at 04:53 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:29 PM
MINIutia
3rd Gear
Somehow this seems inequitable. I've got performance enhancement parts sitting in the garage, the window tinter ready, yet it appears my car will be one of the last delivered.

Old 07-10-2008, 02:27 PM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
PeeWee is ready for pick-up in an hour!

Hey MINIutia, I sent you a txt message!

Old 07-10-2008, 04:23 PM
krim
5th Gear
OL still shows me enroute, i swear ill have picked her up before it changes to VDC, or maybe it'll skip it all together.

23 hours 36 minutes to go.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:21 PM
Doc Cooper
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by proximal
My car has arrived. Picking it up on Saturday.

edit: My awesome MA took some pictures for me.
NICE!!! Congrats!

Old 07-10-2008, 09:53 PM
otterdad
3rd Gear
I'm official. I went motoring today. One photo in my gallery. Decided to drive rather than to hover with the camera. What a thrill I had in the local hills, especially after I remembered the Sport button.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Mirrim
Wrench Wench
Woot!! Owner's Lounge tracking finally ticked over to arrived. It is showing an ED of 07/15! Now I'm getting REALLY excited!

Old 07-11-2008, 12:29 AM
thevelourfog
5th Gear
I think I'll be looking at a Friday or Saturday delivery despite my MA saying on Wednesday that my car was on a truck on the way to the dealer for a Thursday delivery.

Old 07-11-2008, 05:37 AM
krim
5th Gear
OL finally flipped over to VDC, even though it's at the dealer ready for pick up, w/ a EDD of Jul 12th.

Old 07-11-2008, 08:03 AM
minimundus
1st Gear
EDD 7/7/08; as of two days ago, MA said they were definitely working on it a VDC

Old 07-11-2008, 02:56 PM
thevelourfog
5th Gear
My OL stil says en route. Finaly scheduled for a Saturday morning pickup!

Old 07-11-2008, 04:27 PM
katwmn1
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MINIutia
Somehow this seems inequitable. I've got performance enhancement parts sitting in the garage, the window tinter ready, yet it appears my car will be one of the last delivered.
Bet I get mine later...I'm in Washington State. I know Elton is at the dealer as of yesterday or today and my amazing MA is telling me this coming Thurs or Fri for pick-up. They have to install a bunch of stuff at the dealer.

Ordered my Zanio kit today, RaggTopp and Black Wow. I'll be ready for a full Zanio detail when we get home....ahhh...bonding with my car....

Been talking to George at MiniMania - the 15% is looking pretty hot right now, but I want to find out what, if anything, mods will do to my warranty.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:51 PM
pintofhooky
1st Gear
Hiya Kat! You beat me here by a couple of weeks lol.
Time is supposed to be at the dealer today, they claim it takes about a week to detail a new car and do whatever other checks they do.
I really want this to be over with, this is the worst car buying experience I've ever had, only bright spot is the car I'm getting.

OL shows edd of 7-11

Old 07-11-2008, 05:26 PM
katwmn1
1st Gear
Hey Pint.

What's been so bad about your car buying experience? Granted, my wait has been painful, but my husband had to wait over 6 MONTHS for his C320. THAT was painful!

I figure the wait is going to be SO worth it...

Plus, I knew that the dealer was going to have to do a bunch of installs...alarm system, driving lights, illuminated sills, ipod adapter and a bunch of other stuff, so I expected it to sit at the dealer for a week or so before I could take delivery.

Old 07-11-2008, 05:48 PM
pintofhooky
1st Gear
Hiya Kat, it's kinda long story, I'll try and abbreviate.

I configured 2 cars on-line and sent them to the dealer, no reply, called them to find out about test drives had to make appt.

Walked in to dealer, only one MA there and he was busy working on another delivery, I kinda didn't care for him but We were cordial to each other, anyway, a couple weeks later I called and asked for another MA, he seemed nice, said to just call him to set up appt. for test drive, I called, went to voice mail, he never called back (I live 60+ miles away and work 1PM-9PM so I have to try and do on day off). BTW I never did test drive a new mini, had to rely on drive 3-4 year old ones locally which I loved.

Ended up ordering by phone, then MA doesn't return calls, not that I called much, I found other sources of info. Also didn't reply to most emails, only the ones he initiated.
So far the only communication I have received was my order and the booklet they send you in the mail.

I can deal with High pressure Salesmaen, and have dealt with several different styles, but never one that pretty much ignores their customer.

I realize they are selling alot of these and they are busy, but they made me feel like I had to almost beg to buy their car.
I only hope the service dept. is better.

But look on the bright side Kat, I'll have Tim soon and thats what counts the most!
Pint

Old 07-11-2008, 06:43 PM
katwmn1
1st Gear
What dealer are you working with?

I work with Aaron at Puget Sound Mini and he has been fabulous. This is actually the second time I've worked with him as I helped a friend buy her Mini through him, too.

He has been very patient with me as I am very "high maintenance" and he has a great sense of humor - which is a major must to work with me.

He has been in constant contact with me since I placed my order and has been very forthcoming with communication. He usually answers within a couple of hours, if he's there...he takes Tues and Wed off, but I know that...

So, I guess, as with most things, who you work with is a BIG part of your experience.

Aaron just emailed me to tell me Elton is pulled into their shop and they will start all his installations on Monday

Old 07-11-2008, 06:54 PM
pintofhooky
1st Gear
I'm "working" with Rasmussen Mini, I expect I'll have to call as my MA is on vacation til the 21st.
I read the thread here about dealers, seems most people have a good experience with Rasmussen, not sure why, but my experience surely hasn't been.
I have yet to ever call and actually get through to anyone other than the receptionist, voice mail is a black hole...

Pint

Old 07-11-2008, 07:21 PM
krim
5th Gear
Yuko is home. Ol still says at VDC.

Old 07-11-2008, 08:54 PM
phxsteele
4th Gear
Originally Posted by katwmn1
Bet I get mine later...I'm in Washington State. I know Elton is at the dealer as of yesterday or today and my amazing MA is telling me this coming Thurs or Fri for pick-up. They have to install a bunch of stuff at the dealer.

Ordered my Zanio kit today, RaggTopp and Black Wow. I'll be ready for a full Zanio detail when we get home....ahhh...bonding with my car....

Been talking to George at MiniMania - the 15% is looking pretty hot right now, but I want to find out what, if anything, mods will do to my warranty.

I heard officially from my MA that my pickup is tomorrow morning at 11 am. I have the Zaino ready to go on this weekend.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:13 PM
katwmn1
1st Gear
WAHOO, Chris! Have a great time.

Just placed my Zanio order today, as well as ordering RaggTopp and Black Wow from AutoGeek.

Hopefully it will be here for us when I get home next weekend.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:44 PM
proximal
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
oooooooooo

Old 07-12-2008, 01:16 PM
pintofhooky
1st Gear
I love the tan leather I ordered black because I'm a mechanic and didn't want to ruin the seats

Old 07-13-2008, 01:29 PM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
My PeeWee is finally home...

Quick Reply: All Aboard Asian Chorus! Departing Southampton 12 June