1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 12:12 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Excellent, Swissarmy
My CM is still languishing in no-news assembly line land... estimated completion, 25 March...

Old 03-22-2013, 01:24 PM
Mini-LSE
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by swissarmybottle
Now awaiting transport! (Dealer sends us weekly updates, so I can't get any more accurate on the dealer source'd events.)

2013 Countryman All4, stick, 17" anthracites, black headlight housings, Nav, HK

date | source | event
2013-03-09 | dealer | Ordered at Mini of Stevens Creek
2013-03-09 | owner's lounge | Production Number received
2013-03-12 | owner's lounge | Entered Production
2013-03-20 | dealer | car built. awaiting quality inspection
2013-03-22 | owner's lounge | Awaiting Transport
Yes!!! It wont be long now. I am LOVING mine!!!!

Old 03-22-2013, 02:27 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Looks like my Lil Raggi has hitched a ride up Chicago way already. So, we will be able to pick the little guy up next Saturday. Unless the Viper Stripes cause a problem, which I can't imagine that they will. This last week has been very nerve racking, and now it is close to the end. Next: start putting on the mods that Lil Raggi has accumulated so far.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:36 PM
ChefTyGuy
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats bill. Hopefully u get it ASAP. Hey I'm at work right now and having withdrawals. Can you check and see where Marron is and if his cruise has docked yet?

Old 03-22-2013, 04:38 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Still says out of range. Probably on that outer reef about 30 miles out, which is out of the range.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:01 AM
OCGeorge
Neutral
Ok....I have finally given into the dark side and joined the frenzy of trying to track my new mini cooper s on the web. I figured out that it is on the Tiger but lost track of it for a few days so glad to hear I dont need to call Bruce Willis to fend off those Somalian pirates.

Old 03-26-2013, 02:57 PM
ChefTyGuy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by OCGeorge
Ok....I have finally given into the dark side and joined the frenzy of trying to track my new mini cooper s on the web. I figured out that it is on the Tiger but lost track of it for a few days so glad to hear I dont need to call Bruce Willis to fend off those Somalian pirates.
Welcome. Post pics in the first gear section of what your expecting. The popular mantra here goes "If there aren't pics then it didn't happen"

Old 03-26-2013, 03:01 PM
Dreamsicle
Neutral
"Ok....I have finally given into the dark side and joined the frenzy of trying to track my new mini cooper s on the web. I figured out that it is on the Tiger but lost track of it for a few days so glad to hear I dont need to call Bruce Willis to fend off those Somalian pirates."

Welcome! My mini is cruising with yours! The Tiger went through the Panama Canal on the 24th. It is scheduled to dock April 2, but seems to be running a few days early!!!!
Start planning- we will be motoring soon!

Old 03-28-2013, 09:50 AM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
My CMS is just hanging out at the dock, humming Beirut tracks to itself I'm guessing....

Old 03-29-2013, 05:20 AM
swissarmybottle
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by thirdraildesignlab
My CMS is just hanging out at the dock, humming Beirut tracks to itself I'm guessing....
Nice! Looks like our CMs will be boarding the same cargo ship!

Old 03-29-2013, 09:08 AM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Swiss, this is the worst of the process for me, each time I've done this. Waiting for transport. You don't know the exact schedule of ships leaving port, though the main lines show regular dates of departure (I *think* the next one shown is next week) but there's also secondary lines they might utilize. It's the one part of the schedule that's hard t predict...

Old 03-29-2013, 09:22 AM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Of course, first world problems indeed...

Old 04-02-2013, 05:50 PM
Dreamsicle
Neutral
Good News! If you have a Mini riding on Tiger-it's here! The boat is unloaded and scheduled to leave again tonight! I can almost see my Mini now!

Old 04-04-2013, 07:31 PM
swissarmybottle
2nd Gear
Now en route on the Cepheus Leader (well, since March 29th)!

2013 Countryman All4, stick, 17" anthracites, black headlight housings, Nav, HK

date | source | event
2013-03-29 | dealer | En Route on the Cepheus Leader

Old 04-27-2013, 04:35 AM
Vinny G
1st Gear
This is awesome information!! Thank You!! I am jonesing here in NY waiting for my Countryman!!

Old 04-27-2013, 09:27 AM
BillTheCat
4th Gear
Found another helpful site/link while looking for info on my 2013 MCS and its journey. FYI, it took MINI USA a WEEK to acknowledge that my MINI was on a boat. Trying to get all info on the California Highway (A K-Line ship, sadly lacking info online.) The K-Line schedule shows only the departure dates for each port. I found this site with arrival estimates and tracking info:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais

You can click on any port area on the map to see the vessels in range. If you want to unclutter the map, uncheck some of the vessel types on the left- like passenger, tanker, yacht, etc.

You can also enter your vessel name in the left hand side for specific info. If your vessel is out of range, click on the "Vessels" tab at the top and then enter your vessel name at the left again for a link to info about your vessel.

In this case, I now know that CA Highway is due in at Baltimore on Sunday, 4/28 @ 9:00 p.m. K-Line already showed it due to depart on Monday, 4/29 at an undetermined time.

There is no arrival info for Brunswick, GA yet, but I suspect that will update after it departs Baltimore. I do know that K-Linke says it will depart Brunswick on 5/2, while I am at MINIs on the Dragon for my Coupé's farewell tour.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:06 PM
chrisorbit
1st Gear
Originally Posted by BillTheCat
Found another helpful site/link while looking for info on my 2013 MCS and its journey. FYI, it took MINI USA a WEEK to acknowledge that my MINI was on a boat. Trying to get all info on the California Highway (A K-Line ship, sadly lacking info online.) The K-Line schedule shows only the departure dates for each port. I found this site with arrival estimates and tracking info:

You can click on any port area on the map to see the vessels in range. If you want to unclutter the map, uncheck some of the vessel types on the left- like passenger, tanker, yacht, etc.

You can also enter your vessel name in the left hand side for specific info. If your vessel is out of range, click on the "Vessels" tab at the top and then enter your vessel name at the left again for a link to info about your vessel.

In this case, I now know that CA Highway is due in at Baltimore on Sunday, 4/28 @ 9:00 p.m. K-Line already showed it due to depart on Monday, 4/29 at an undetermined time.

There is no arrival info for Brunswick, GA yet, but I suspect that will update after it departs Baltimore. I do know that K-Linke says it will depart Brunswick on 5/2, while I am at MINIs on the Dragon for my Coupé's farewell tour.
I have been using this site as well. Really nice.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:47 PM
swissarmybottle
2nd Gear
That seemed pretty fast... got from dealer-ordered to dealership (from bremerhaven to mini of stevens creek) in a little over 7 weeks! We were quoted 8 to 10 weeks, so to be on the shorter end of that feels pretty good. We're picking it up this Thursday

2013 Countryman All4, all white, stick, 17" anthracites, black headlight housings, Nav, HK

date | source | event
2013-03-29 | dealer | En Route on the Cepheus Leader
2013-04-25 | marinetraffic | arrived at Port Hueneme
2013-04-28 | dealer | arrived at Mini of Stevens Creek

Old 04-30-2013, 12:55 PM
kingfishcoons
1st Gear
Originally Posted by BillTheCat

I'll add another couple links to the mix.
http://www.fleetmon.com/ -- great for tracking ships/ports (free registration)
http://www.blg.de/de/blg-logistics/s...am-automobile/ -- webcam at the port in Bremerhaven

Old 05-11-2013, 07:27 PM
amancuso
5th Gear
Mom's Coupe is booked on Tombarra departing tomorrow!

Old 05-11-2013, 08:51 PM
speedbird_1
1st Gear
I just got my 2009 MCS "Finn" a month ago, and although I love him to death, I was a bit jelly of all you guys who ordered your's new and got to watch the journey from the factory...Well I found out today you can still navigate to the tracking section of the WW site and enter your VIN, and I was able to bring up 3 yr. old info such as when it left the factory, when it was loaded and unloaded from the vessel, the voyage number...And even the ship's name itself "MV Toronto"

Old 05-13-2013, 05:31 PM
XSIV SUN
2nd Gear
Help! I was using an early post to track the WW line (Final Destination Port Huemene) by putting my VIN into the ships site...but it always says "not found" Then I happened to be in the dealership and they said "oh, it left on the 9th...be in port on the 30th" but couldn't say what ship! How do you find that out? The Mini Owner's Lounge only today noted it was on a ship...but didn't say anything else! What's the secret to finding out?

Old 05-15-2013, 12:37 PM
mmeskill
1st Gear
Here you go XSIV SUN

4. Transport: This is where the Wallenius Wihlmsen site (WW) comes in,
http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp (Update 29 April 2013: the website has changed around a bit since 2006 and I have updated the link in this step) Go to the site and then ‘Customer Center’ dropdown to ‘Track and Trace’…. Put your VIN# in the box for ‘Cargo ID’ and hit ‘Track’…. You will now get the vessel name and other information: The name of the ship for my Mini was: SALOME

5. Ship tracking: Now you need the www.sailwx.info site Use the 'Find ship by name or call sign' under the Ship Tracker menu. Once you find your ship you can track it across the Atlantic. If the ship is too close to land it will not show up. It seems that they don't report to this site unless they are out to sea. You can always go back to the WW site and check the voyage details to see if it has left a port. (Update 29 April 2013: This info is still valid. I also used http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/ to track the ship. You can track by ‘Area’ ‘Ship’ or ‘Port’. I can hit page refresh in IE and was able to watch the ship move though the Chesapeake Bay at 3:30am EST…as I was sitting in Germany. I did this instead of using the method recommended by the OP. I’m leaving that info here for reference)

Once it gets close to the good 'ol USA you need to switch to http://aisfree.aislive.com , you will need to do a free registration. This is really a paid site but you can usually get enough info from the free version. They have a really details view of the NYC ports, with lists of every ship updated every hour. Once it leaves NYC the info is less detailed and you have to hope to check it at the right time to see your ship listed.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:10 AM
amancuso
5th Gear
I wrote some feedback to WW about their status report section inquiring as to what each status actually means. In reply I received a phone call from a very kind gentleman. He explained that customs are handled by a 3rd party (I'm guessing MINI USA) and he explained that
Discharged means the vehicle is unloaded from the vessel and at port.
Delivered From means the vehicle was sent to the VDC for the appropriate port.

Hope this helps some people!

Old 05-29-2013, 12:57 PM
okyeron
1st Gear
Average wait for loading?

Can anyone chime in with an average wait-time for "Awaiting Transport"?

My MINI was finished being built about 10 days ago and seems to be in limbo in Southampton - waiting to get on a boat.

My VIN shows "no results found" when trying to track on the WW site. :(

(I am in Texas so it should be heading to SSIPOA eventually)

Quick Reply: How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated