1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 04:38 AM
mmeskill
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10 days for an update at this is point might be a little long but in the world of waiting for your new MINI it feels like a year! Mine was at that stage for 6 days. Once it showed up on the ‘ship search’ (via the VIN) the ship had already been at sea for 2 days

Old 06-06-2013, 09:53 PM
okyeron
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turns out I was on a KLine boat so VIN tracking was getting me nowhere. Got a bot name from my MA and it arrived in Brunswick GA yesterday!

Old 07-12-2013, 06:29 PM
The Wine Guy
1st Gear
This information is great. My MCS has been in production status for a little over a week but I called the MINI support line today and while the web site had not been updated the representative told me my MINI had been built and was at the port awaiting transportation. Based on the other posts it appears my MINI will take four weeks to the Bay Area.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:02 PM
chemistrus
1st Gear
I found another ship tracking site seems to be a little better. The original one stopped tracking the ship ones it gets out into open waters for some reason. It could be it gets out of range or something else. Any ways...

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/dat...a=A&level0=200

Enjoy.

The ship carrying my Mini is due in to Baltimore by 7/17 than its got to go through the Panama Canal before get to CA. The wait is killer.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:42 PM
The Wine Guy
1st Gear
My MINI left the port on July 20th, arrives in Panama on August 1st and is scheduled to arrive into at Port Hueneme on August 10th. Hopefully, the car will get to my dealer in Northern California within a week.

Last edited by The Wine Guy; 07-22-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:00 PM
The Wine Guy
1st Gear
I just checked the shippers web site and found new information.

Originally, my car showed that it was loaded onto the Morning Concert which departed on July 20th. At the time, the site also said the car was "returned to shipper" on 7/19 but I did pay much attention to it since it said it was loaded and the ship departed. However, checking the shippers web site today on 7/22, it now shows my car was returned to shipper on 7/19 it was loaded on 7/21 onto the Grand Vega, which is not scheduled to arrive into Port Hueneme until 8/15, not 8/10 as the Morning Concert indicated.

What usually happens when the comments are "returned to shipper?" I suspect they damaged something during the logistics process and had to return the car to the factory to correct it. Is there anyway to find out the cause for the delay??

Last edited by The Wine Guy; 07-22-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:41 PM
EHans
5th Gear
Originally Posted by The Wine Guy
I just checked the shippers web site and found new information.

Originally, my car showed that it was loaded onto the Morning Concert which departed on July 20th. At the time, the site also said the car was "returned to shipper" on 7/19 but I did pay much attention to it since it said it was loaded and the ship departed. However, checking the shippers web site today on 7/22, it now shows my car was returned to shipper on 7/19 it was loaded on 7/21 onto the Grand Vega, which is not scheduled to arrive into Port Hueneme until 8/15, not 8/10 as the Morning Concert indicated.

What usually happens when the comments are "returned to shipper?" I suspect they damaged something during the logistics process and had to return the car to the factory to correct it. Is there anyway to find out the cause for the delay??
Contact your MA but I seriously doubt it was anymore than one of two things:
  1. There wasn't room, so the shipper bumped it to the next ship
  2. They were on a tight schedule to get out before weather or to make room for another ship and simply wasn't time to get the car loaded.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:29 AM
The Wine Guy
1st Gear
I think you are correct about the ship and the reassignment. In total the car will have been at the port for thirteen days which seems like quite a long time.

Right now the newly assigned vessel is scheduled to leave Southampton on July 25th and it takes three weeks to arrive into Port Hueneme, August 15th. To keep my sanity for the next few weeks I am going to stop checking the web site every day...LOL!!!

Last edited by The Wine Guy; 07-23-2013 at 06:34 AM.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:07 AM
EHans
5th Gear
Originally Posted by The Wine Guy
I think you are correct about the ship and the reassignment. In total the car will have been at the port for thirteen days which seems like quite a long time.

Right now the newly assigned vessel is scheduled to leave Southampton on July 25th and it takes three weeks to arrive into Port Hueneme, August 15th. To keep my sanity for the next few weeks I am going to stop checking the web site every day...LOL!!!
My car came in to Port Hueneme about a week and a half a go, and yeah, that trip across was brutal, especially when others on the east coast would get their car out of production and delivered to them in less time than mine was on the boat! But she is here now and all is good.

Just be patient.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:39 PM
Tasty Beverage
Neutral
Hey everyone! I'm new to the NAM forum and found it while surfing for more information about my Mini order. I recently purchased my first Mini Cooper, and have been waiting as patiently as I can for it to arrive. I put my order in on July 1st, logged on to the OL site on July 3rd and it was awaiting production. July 12th the build was completed, and it arrived to Southhampton on the 17th to board the ship Torino. The vessel left on the 18th and anchored at the Baltimore port this morning. Yay!!! Not sure how much longer I'll have to wait since I live in Missouri. Does anyone have any insight as to how long my wait will be!?

The car I got is a 2014 Mini Cooper Convertible. Ice Blue with Polar Beige interior. Chrome line interior, always open package, center arm rest, Harman Kardon speakers, white turn signals, black Bonnet stripes, black side mirror caps, and 16" twin 6 star black rims… and of course, standard transmission.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Cheers!

Old 07-30-2013, 08:43 PM
EHans
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Tasty Beverage
Hey everyone! I'm new to the NAM forum and found it while surfing for more information about my Mini order. I recently purchased my first Mini Cooper, and have been waiting as patiently as I can for it to arrive. I put my order in on July 1st, logged on to the OL site on July 3rd and it was awaiting production. July 12th the build was completed, and it arrived to Southhampton on the 17th to board the ship Torino. The vessel left on the 18th and anchored at the Baltimore port this morning. Yay!!! Not sure how much longer I'll have to wait since I live in Missouri. Does anyone have any insight as to how long my wait will be!?

The car I got is a 2014 Mini Cooper Convertible. Ice Blue with Polar Beige interior. Chrome line interior, always open package, center arm rest, Harman Kardon speakers, white turn signals, black Bonnet stripes, black side mirror caps, and 16" twin 6 star black rims… and of course, standard transmission.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Cheers!
Congrats. Ping your MA. They should know he transit time to MO.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:49 AM
mmeskill
1st Gear
Mine was about 7 days once it landed in Baltimore. This time varies for a lot of reasons. Depending of some options you ordered (some get done in the US) transit time to your dealer, and prep time by the dealer (usually a day but mine took 2 days due to a large number of custom orders coming in on one truck)

Old 07-31-2013, 12:02 PM
Tasty Beverage
Neutral
That's cool. I figured it would take a bit of time to get here. It's still way ahead of the 6-8 weeks that the dealer said it should take… but I am eager to flip that top down and roll with the sun beaming down!

One question though, is the MA the person that sold me the car, or is it a different person that works at the dealership?

Old 08-02-2013, 08:49 AM
TG.
6th Gear
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Sweet, it has officially arrived in United States at Fairfield Auto Terminal in Baltimore. . .
A week or so and it's ours :grin

Name:  MinitrackingInport2August2013-016_zpse2d3dbdd.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  102.7 KB

Old 08-02-2013, 09:22 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TG.
Sweet, it has officially arrived in United States at Fairfield Auto Terminal in Baltimore. . .
A week or so and it's ours :grin

Really like that Kite Blue. Kinda wish I'd have gone that way with Lil Raggi.
Look really great!!!

Old 08-02-2013, 10:08 AM
TG.
6th Gear
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by hemisedan
Really like that Kite Blue. Kinda wish I'd have gone that way with Lil Raggi.
Look really great!!!
Hey Thanks hemisedan!

I have a little bit of apprehension because we've never seen it outside.
We saw one in person at an auto show but it was inside. And the web pictures can be deceiving... But I'm still very exited to see it in real life and with the options we selected...

Now we have a week to found his or her name . . . though it's likely to be a her

Old 08-03-2013, 02:30 PM
ravinald
Neutral
It is not immediately obvious to me where I enter my production number for my second MINI. Currently the tracking section will only show my current one. Adding the new production number to my profile seems to imply I own it already since it wants the date of possession and mileage. I mailed MINI support asking how, but perhaps someone here knows.

Also for those interested the order is for a '14 Iced Chocolate S Clubman with chrome line interior and pretty much everything else black (headlamps, headliner, dash, panels, pillars, roof, and seats). I got the cold weather, loaded, sport, and technology packages.

I am very excited and thankfully I'm going on a 6 week road trip to help pass the time until I get back when the new one should have arrived.

Edit: Standard transmission, of course, although living in San Francisco I sometimes think I'm completely crazy.

Old 08-03-2013, 04:50 PM
Btwyx
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ravinald
It is not immediately obvious to me where I enter my production number for my second MINI.
I think you can enter it in your profile, but you can't get any tracking for it. The only way to get tracking on a new MINI I've found is to make a new account. That's why I have 5 accounts on the ol.

To add a new MINI: Update Profile, then click >Add under Member Vehicles. That gives you a place to put in the production number.

Old 08-05-2013, 03:18 PM
ravinald
Neutral
Originally Posted by Btwyx
I think you can enter it in your profile, but you can't get any tracking for it. The only way to get tracking on a new MINI I've found is to make a new account. That's why I have 5 accounts on the ol.

To add a new MINI: Update Profile, then click >Add under Member Vehicles. That gives you a place to put in the production number.
Yeah, so this is true, and once you do you can select which MINI to get details on at the drop down menu at the top. You can track any mini form that point which is nice.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:20 PM
Btwyx
6th Gear
That works, I wish they'd make it more obvious.I have 4 spare accounts I never needed.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:14 PM
MINI_42
4th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
ZonedGuy,

Excellent source of information, thank you for taking the time to put all that info out there! I wish you were my MA, as mine seems to be 'Mostly Away' from phone or email contact....

Old 08-17-2013, 06:42 AM
EHans
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MINI_42
ZonedGuy,

Excellent source of information, thank you for taking the time to put all that info out there! I wish you were my MA, as mine seems to be 'Mostly Away' from phone or email contact....
You and I either have the same MA or they are closely related.

Old 08-17-2013, 09:17 PM
The Wine Guy
1st Gear
My car arrived at the VDC on Thursday and is scheduled to be at the dealer on Wednesday. Almost there!!!

Old 08-17-2013, 09:42 PM
MINI_42
4th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by EHans

You and I either have the same MA or they are closely related.
You're not in Houston, perchance?

Old 08-18-2013, 08:54 AM
EHans
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MINI_42
You're not in Houston, perchance?
Nope. Orange County, CA. They are cousins then.

Quick Reply: How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated