1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 08:05 PM
Steve Kay
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VIN Number

Eight days after ordering, my VIN was issued today. 4-door F55 Justa, if Justa even applies. Maybe we should call them Notans, as in Not an S.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:15 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
nice!

Old 03-04-2015, 08:47 AM
Steve Kay
2nd Gear
4-door F55 is in the paint shop according to Ask-MINI. Will be done production tomorrow. Ordered on 2/16.

Old 03-07-2015, 07:21 PM
Norbert40
Neutral
Just a nod

Just a shout out to those who put these links together. I prebuilt my mini lease back in the middle of February and have been able to track its progress a lot closer than my MA has. (Nice guy, but not much on the follow up).

This thread has allowed my to manage my obsession and keep an eye on my coop!

FYI... the www.marinetraffic.com website is an excellent resource for tracking the ship across the Atlantic. Unfortunately it only lets you do satellite tracking for a fee, so I have been left to deductive plotting when out of land based coverage (currently 15hrs to Panama!)

Woohoo!

Old 03-08-2015, 05:29 AM
BrilliantC
1st Gear
sailwx.info did a pretty good job of keeping track of our ship when it was out of range on marinetraffic.com.

Old 03-08-2015, 02:16 PM
Steve Kay
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Steve Kay
4-door F55 is in the paint shop according to Ask-MINI. Will be done production tomorrow. Ordered on 2/16.
Saw the car was booked to leave Southampton today, but then got the dreaded "Returned to Shipper". Now waiting for the next departure on March 19th.

Old 03-17-2015, 03:01 PM
frogsexchange
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Steve Kay
Saw the car was booked to leave Southampton today, but then got the dreaded "Returned to Shipper". Now waiting for the next departure on March 19th.
How do you know the car is/was booked to leave Southampton? Where do you see that info?

Old 03-17-2015, 03:17 PM
Steve Kay
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by frogsexchange
How do you know the car is/was booked to leave Southampton? Where do you see that info?
I knew it would be shipped by WW, since it was built in Oxford and is going to the NYC port of entry. I searched here:
https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?url...uickSearchPage
It didn't show up until the "batch" of 153 cars were initially booked.

Old 05-04-2015, 11:10 AM
Gloriakogg
1st Gear
Thanks for the post! Very helpful!

Just ordered mine on April 25, but dealership haven't told me my production number yet. Just emailed them this morning to see if they have any update on it. Hopefully I will get it soon!

Old 01-31-2016, 05:37 PM
dm33
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is this the best thread to discuss following the car after order?

Order was entered into the system yesterday, Saturday 1/30. Not accessible in the owners lounge yet but is the ask mini recording says its scheduled for production with no confirmed date. Status 112 - Scheduled for daily. How long until is shows up in the owners lounge?

2/1: Status hasn't changed anywhere, but I spoke to someone at ASK-MINI. They said its scheduled to be built next week, week 6. Wow. That seems fast.
2/2: Says it has entered production. And I even got a VIN. Verified it on bimmer.work and it looks correct. Amazingly fast so far. But still no OL.

Last edited by dm33; 02-02-2016 at 05:00 PM.
Old 02-06-2016, 01:58 PM
pschuchman
2nd Gear
I'm curious if the Production Week threads are still active? I wanted to know if anyone else is anxiously awaiting their new mini as I am. Mine finished production on Thursday and is awaiting transport now.

Old 02-06-2016, 02:36 PM
dm33
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by pschuchman
I'm curious if the Production Week threads are still active? I wanted to know if anyone else is anxiously awaiting their new mini as I am. Mine finished production on Thursday and is awaiting transport now.
I don't know about the production week threads, but I'm anxiously awaiting as well. Our car was just ordered a week ago, but started production just 3 days later on 2/2. Scheduled to be done 2/10.
I've been tracking the Tamesis ship. It's scheduled to arrive at Southampton on the 12th. Seems there's a chance the car could get on the ship. How long do cars usually wait for transport? There's another ship coming on the 17th. Whichever ship, the destination port is Savannah for my order.

Old 02-06-2016, 03:29 PM
pschuchman
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by dm33
I don't know about the production week threads, but I'm anxiously awaiting as well. Our car was just ordered a week ago, but started production just 3 days later on 2/2. Scheduled to be done 2/10.
I've been tracking the Tamesis ship. It's scheduled to arrive at Southampton on the 12th. Seems there's a chance the car could get on the ship. How long do cars usually wait for transport? There's another ship coming on the 17th. Whichever ship, the destination port is Savannah for my order.
I've been told the wait is anywhere from 2 days to 3 weeks. But it doesn't seem likely to wait that long, the schedule for WW has ships leaving almost daily from Southhampton to Baltimore, so for me I am fingers crossed my baby can get on a boat early this week.

I just had someone from Mini try to tell me it could take 4-6 weeks ON THE OCEAN. I had to laugh - and poor guy took a little offense. But seriously, they must think we're idiots...if we are calling and asking, most of us are also looking - and 4-6 weeks my MINI could swim here....

What did you order?

Old 02-06-2016, 03:46 PM
pschuchman
2nd Gear
How are you tracking the ship, if I can ask? I see the Tamesis on the schedule, and it's also stopping in Baltimore on 2/21 - so if my mini gets on that ship, our cars might be ship-mates!

Old 02-06-2016, 05:57 PM
dm33
2nd Gear
How are you tracking the ship, if I can ask? I see the Tamesis on the schedule, and it's also stopping in Baltimore on 2/21 - so if my mini gets on that ship, our cars might be ship-mates!
Tracking starting with links in the first post of this thread. Although most of them are no longer working.

https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?min...ScheduleRWD%2F

I searched WW schedules between Southampton and Savannah (where my car is going). Looked at the next voyage. Shows the next ones departing Southampton, 2/12, 2/17, 2/28. Click on the voyage and it shows where its stopping and when.

Found a place to show current location for the ship.
https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9191307

There's also an iOS/Android app, but they charge $10 for the full version. Amazing how well you can track the ships. Its updated by the minute. I watched some cruise ships as they left port.

IF the car I ordered manages to get on the 2/12 trip, its supposed to arrive in Savannah on 2/24. Figure a few days to get around and 2 days in the VDC, seems a slight chance to get it this month. That seems unlikely and would be a record 4 weeks from order to delivery. More likely I've underestimated some long wait along the way.

Were you able to get status while the car was being manufactured? The OL site is useless. The voice response at ASK MINI is nice, but seems to run days late, so I don't expect an update before 2/10. I'm trying to not call until 2/8, figure thats pretty close to being done and they might have new status.

I'm eager to find out how early the car will get booked on a ship. Does it happen that day, as it shows up, or do they plan it days in advance.

On the WW website, you're supposed to be able to enter the VIN as the cargo ID to see if its booked on a voyage. Mine isn't yet. If your car is sitting there I would hope its already booked on a ship.
https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?fra...uickSearchPage

Old 02-06-2016, 06:05 PM
dm33
2nd Gear
I've been told the wait is anywhere from 2 days to 3 weeks. But it doesn't seem likely to wait that long, the schedule for WW has ships leaving almost daily from Southhampton to Baltimore, so for me I am fingers crossed my baby can get on a boat early this week.

I just had someone from Mini try to tell me it could take 4-6 weeks ON THE OCEAN. I had to laugh - and poor guy took a little offense. But seriously, they must think we're idiots...if we are calling and asking, most of us are also looking - and 4-6 weeks my MINI could swim here....

What did you order?
I figure folks answering the phone at ASK MINI probably have no idea how long the voyage takes. They just recite what they read somewhere or make it up. Maybe it can take a long time to the west coast and he quoted the highest value written somewhere so that folks don't get too anxious when it takes longer to get there.

Ordered a F55 (4dr), VO, white top & stripes, manual w DDC, sunroof, media package. Went for fairly base w focus on fun to drive (manual, DDC).

What's your config?

Old 02-06-2016, 06:53 PM
pschuchman
2nd Gear
I figure folks answering the phone at ASK MINI probably have no idea how long the voyage takes. They just recite what they read somewhere or make it up. Maybe it can take a long time to the west coast and he quoted the highest value written somewhere so that folks don't get too anxious when it takes longer to get there. Ordered a F55 (4dr), VO, white top & stripes, manual w DDC, sunroof, media package. Went for fairly base w focus on fun to drive (manual, DDC). What's your config?
Ok..thank you! I did find the tracking...and I am hoping for shipping this week. But who knows apparently. Ask Mini does seem to be less than sharing...but at least it's better than OL as that info us really late to update. Hey did complete the car on the estimated day though, so that timing was exact.

They keep saying six weeks from this point though, which is puzzling me. Unless customs hold it up just can't imagine that taking that long.
It
I have tried to enter the VIN # in cargo ID and nothing is found...so I am still wait and see. Port is closed on Sunday it says, so I guess it won't update for me before Monday.

I will keep fingers crossed for you for this week!

Old 02-06-2016, 07:03 PM
pschuchman
2nd Gear
I figure folks answering the phone at ASK MINI probably have no idea how long the voyage takes. They just recite what they read somewhere or make it up. Maybe it can take a long time to the west coast and he quoted the highest value written somewhere so that folks don't get too anxious when it takes longer to get there. Ordered a F55 (4dr), VO, white top & stripes, manual w DDC, sunroof, media package. Went for fairly base w focus on fun to drive (manual, DDC). What's your config?
I have a Clubman S automatic, lounge leather, nav, power seats, HK sound, alarm, tech package, melting silver all around, leather steering, spare tire, illuminated trim, anthracite headliner, garage door opener, almost everything with just a few things we passed on...

The power seats clinched the deal. Then the leather seats which look gorgeous...excited to see it all together.

Old 02-06-2016, 07:38 PM
dm33
2nd Gear
I have a Clubman S automatic, lounge leather, nav, power seats, HK sound, alarm, tech package, melting silver all around, leather steering, spare tire, illuminated trim, anthracite headliner, garage door opener, almost everything with just a few things we passed on...

The power seats clinched the deal. Then the leather seats which look gorgeous...excited to see it all together.
Sounds like a decked out new model Clubman. Wow. I'm justifying the Mini as a "family" car. We kept debating between the 4dr hardtop and a Clubman. Went to a launch party here for the Clubman. Cool looking car. Didn't end up test driving one. From January sales figures, looks like they're selling pretty well. I had wondered if there'd be a longer wait to order because of it being a new model and all.
Are you getting it as a family car or wanted more space for yourself?

Old 02-07-2016, 05:46 AM
pschuchman
2nd Gear
Not a family car - kids are grown and gone. I will be using it for my business - we're going to custom wrap it with advertising.

DH wanted to make sure both light stands (I'm a photographer) AND golf clubs would fit nicely in it, LOL. There really is a great amount of space in the back of the Clubman, and although I thought I'd hate the back doors, I actually really liked them.

I'm used to a Lexus SUV so I wanted the auto seats, and the leather. I'm a techie, too, so the more automated the better for me. It's certainly going to be different from my Lexus, but we'll keep that SUV as a main car still and sell my husband's little hybrid Lexus. It pained me for a bit because the service at Lexus is amazing, which is why we left BMW 9 years ago - I had a 3 series wagon that was so much fun to drive, I LOVED it, but the maintenance on that and the service department were horrible. I cried selling the BMW but once I got used to the "experience" at Lexus, I realized the car was great, and no hassle service was even better.

We are very nervous to go "back" to this dealer (the same one we had such horrible service from before), but are hoping for better and hoping that since it's all MINI now and separate from BMW (they moved to a new building across the street) it might be a different experience. Fingers are crossed....because we aren't ones to fix or maintain ourselves and we do take it back to the dealer for everything.

Old 02-08-2016, 05:18 PM
dm33
2nd Gear
Our ordered car is leaving the body shop today. Still scheduled to be done 2/10. Meanwhile the Tamesis has left Bremerhaven and is heading for Zeebrugge. Still on schedule for Southampton on Friday.

Old 02-09-2016, 05:49 AM
pschuchman
2nd Gear
I just found out my baby has a ticket on the TUGELA - leaving Southampton on Wednesday, bound for Baltimore on 2/19. She didn't sit too long - she arrived last Friday, and this is one of the first two boats that she could have been put on, so lucky me!

Old 02-09-2016, 03:39 PM
dm33
2nd Gear
I just found out my baby has a ticket on the TUGELA - leaving Southampton on Wednesday, bound for Baltimore on 2/19. She didn't sit too long - she arrived last Friday, and this is one of the first two boats that she could have been put on, so lucky me!
Awesome. How did you find out?

Old 02-09-2016, 03:47 PM
pschuchman
2nd Gear
Awesome. How did you find out?
The shipping site for WW was updated this morning. I put in the VIN # in the Cargo ID field and it brought up the information.

Old 02-11-2016, 03:35 PM
pschuchman
2nd Gear
So bummed! I was able to track the Tugela until it left the English Channel...now I can't get the sailwix site to update at all, and Google Earth just wasted an hour of my life I won't get back to download, install, and learn that I can only track passenger ships.

Any ideas on how to track this vessel or do I really have to go blind now until it docks in Baltimore?

Quick Reply: How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated