1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 27 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 05:00 AM
Tex Susbo
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Horatio
Tex, you are probably scheduled for the Western Highway on the 11th. I think all the Texas cars go through the Charleston port right?
Yeah, I've confirmed with both AskMini and my MA that I'll go through Charleston. I am hoping to make with the Western Highway (which I think is the K-Line ship) or the WW one that leaves a day later.

This wait has been hard, but I think the passage wait will actually be harder for me because it will be 13-15 days and there is nothing to do but wait. If I'm on a K-line I might not even be able to track the ship as it moves across the pond.

Reminds me of the Apollo 13 movie when they were supposed to be out of communication for 3 minutes during reentry. I'll be in my own communication blackout for 2 weeks!

Old 07-10-2008, 06:26 AM
hoonu
5th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by minipsych
Isn't Brunswick, GA closer than SC? I'm in Memphis. Should I be looking at the SC bound ships or the GA bound ships?
Probably both. But as I understand it, if you do a VIN search, it searches any of the WW ships.

Also, I didn't get a vehicle inquiry thing from my MA and don't know my port loc. subsequently. I put in my vin in the 'cargo id' box on WW site and it states that no cargo found with that ID. Does that mean that my mini has not even been scheduled on a ship yet? I suppose I should just call my MA tomorrow! AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH so many things!
I'm right there with you. My MA isn't real quick to communicate, but it may not have been booked yet. The Western Highway (K-Line) departs tomorrow , and the Patriot on Saturday the 12th. I'm hoping for the Western Highway, even though it's sort of in the dark tracking wise, because it gets here sooner. Miss those two, and it gets kicked late

Old 07-10-2008, 07:16 AM
Horatio
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by minipsych
Isn't Brunswick, GA closer than SC? I'm in Memphis. Should I be looking at the SC bound ships or the GA bound ships? I would assume GA
I bought mine from Roadshow MINI is Memphis and it is coming through Charleston.

I put in my vin in the 'cargo id' box on WW site and it states that no cargo found with that ID. Does that mean that my mini has not even been scheduled on a ship yet? I suppose I should just call my MA tomorrow!
You are probably going via the K-Line, so it won't show on the WW search page.

But yeah, call your MA and they can tell you for sure

Old 07-10-2008, 02:18 PM
hoonu
5th Gear
Anybody East Coast, Charleston or Brunswick gotten word that they're on either of the two ships headed out tomorrow or Saturday?

Not that I'm anxious er nuffin'...

Old 07-10-2008, 02:38 PM
minim8o
4th Gear
I just realized that next week, I'm going to be going to the NJ office two or three days. I'll taking the Holland Tunnel to the Turnpike, and driving right over the sprawling Newark NJ VDC those days... w/my Lil'Buddy locked up in prison there and no way to get'm out until he does his time! ...lol...

Also, my MA is skeptical the EPA clearing will come in and all the 2009 JCWs already there or soon arriving will be getting released on the 14th, because of them being 2009s.

Old 07-10-2008, 03:53 PM
robertshill
2nd Gear
hoonu, I'm booked on the Patriot 7/12 and better not be wait listed this time. Bertha, get out of our way!

Old 07-10-2008, 08:53 PM
hoonu
5th Gear
Originally Posted by robertshill
hoonu, I'm booked on the Patriot 7/12 and better not be wait listed this time. Bertha, get out of our way!
When did you find that out, and where, if I may ask?

HEY! I just saw you're from NC. Flow MINI? Ours may get there the same time, if I can get some ocean going luck!

Old 07-11-2008, 04:29 AM
robertshill
2nd Gear
I found my booking on the WW site a week ago. After Fidelio left it showed up on the Patriot's list immediately. Actually, although I'm a member of the THMMC I'm from SW VA and bought the car through Mini of Sterling in northern VA. Good luck on finding your car's booking!

Old 07-11-2008, 04:31 AM
robertshill
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by hoonu
When did you find that out, and where, if I may ask?

HEY! I just saw you're from NC. Flow MINI? Ours may get there the same time, if I can get some ocean going luck!

I found my booking on the WW site a week ago. After Fidelio left it showed up on the Patriot's list immediately. Actually, although I'm a member of the THMMC I'm from SW VA and bought the car through Mini of Sterling in northern VA. Good luck on finding your car's booking!

Old 07-11-2008, 09:32 AM
Phuzbox
1st Gear
**sigh** I didn't make it on to the Patriot's VIN listing. Hopefully I am on today's K-Line vessel.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:31 AM
hoonu
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Phuzbox
**sigh** I didn't make it on to the Patriot's VIN listing. Hopefully I am on today's K-Line vessel.
I'm with ya buddy! Could be bad news/good news; the K-Line (Western Highway) gets to Charleston 2 days sooner.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:23 PM
tkbcruiser
1st Gear
ya know, I just don't know where Rascal is. It was finished on 7/1. My MA
sent me an email Monday that said it just got on a ship....
I sent him back and asked what ship? He says they don't know
My VIN has not come up so I'm hoping I'm on K-line. I'll go into Charleston.

Old 07-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Tex Susbo
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by hoonu
I'm with ya buddy! Could be bad news/good news; the K-Line (Western Highway) gets to Charleston 2 days sooner.

My thinking exactly! I emailed with the old MA today and no joy on information from him. . . that means I'm guessing I'm not on the Western Highway and I don't show up for a WW ship

If I'm correct (and I really hope I am not) then the next ship doesn't leave until July 17!!! OMG!!!

I've typed my VIN into the WW site so often I have it memorized!

Old 07-11-2008, 08:18 PM
hoonu
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Tex Susbo
If I'm correct (and I really hope I am not) then the next ship doesn't leave until July 17!!! OMG!!!
But: It's the Figaro, which does the voyage two days faster, so instead of losing 5 days, we'd only lose three. But after that...It gets ugly.

Sigh.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:24 PM
Danyes
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was wishing I was on the east coast since it only takes 10 days but at least I know I am on a ship and heading over. Hopefully you all made the ships. But then again even if you catch the 17th ship I still think you will be on US soil before us West Coasters, we don't hit the port until the 29th.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:08 PM
minipsych
2nd Gear
I'm still not on the ww so maybe on the k-line. Called my MA and he hasn't gotten back with me yet. just ordered the decal for my sunroof from cooperflags. I thought about it and read on the forums here, and decided to get one. I hope it fits my clubman sunroof....???

I'll try to call my MA again tomorrow. Just hope I'm on A Ship!

gotta call ask mini again!

Old 07-11-2008, 10:17 PM
minipsych
2nd Gear
If I didn't get on the K-line yesterday (11th) then the next K-line is on the 20th!!!!

I hope Tom, my Awesome MA, has some awesome news for me tomorrow! I so hope so! I just hope that ask mini is behind and is wrong! Ask mini states I'm still waiting to board a ship. All I can do is wait, but it seems like all I've been doing is waiting!

One good thing, is that I'm in great waiting company! We have all been waiting together and its nice to know that others are waiting just as impatiently as I am!

Thanks guys!

Old 07-11-2008, 11:26 PM
tracktoy990
2nd Gear
I'm jealous of you east coasters cuz you get your cars first! Us west coasters have to wait til our boat hits the docks on the 29th.

Old 07-12-2008, 06:06 AM
tkbcruiser
1st Gear
Hey TEX Susbo!
I'm with you I also memorized my vin - I even tried to figure out what future use that could be. Just imagine being able to rattle off your vin.....the cops might get a kick out of it.....how about the insurance co....?

Since you're in tx you'd understand this- I mentioned Bertha to askmini and they had no idea if that would mess the shipping up. Let's hope not!

Let's just hope we all get on ships that make it across the pond. I agree with the previoud post that said that we are in great company waiting!!!
Nice to know we're not alone

Old 07-12-2008, 06:14 AM
Tex Susbo
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tkbcruiser
I mentioned Bertha to askmini and they had no idea if that would mess the shipping up. Let's hope not!
Just check the Weather Channel, and it looks like she won't make if far enough north to be an issue.

[sigh] OL still says "Awaiting Transport".

Old 07-12-2008, 06:23 AM
tkbcruiser
1st Gear
OL - ditto for me- AT
MA said Mon it just got on a ship, but says he can't get info to say which one....and so we wait-
did you order in houston?
I ordered in Chicago- will probably fly up to get it

Old 07-12-2008, 01:11 PM
davidbod
1st Gear
Hey all,

So this is my first post. I have a laser blue Clubman S sitting at the dock waiting to board a ship as well. I'm in Houston and my baby was completed on July 8th. For those who have actually made it aboard a ship, how long was it from your completion date to getting on the ship? Anyone know how to figure out which port on the US side it will land?

Thanks,
David

Old 07-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Phuzbox
1st Gear
Welcome David. Did you receive a copy of your Vehicle Inquiry Report when you placed your order? That will let you know which VDC you are bound for. From what I've noticed though, it looks like the majority of Texas vehicles are going through the Charleston, SC port.

Stopped by Momentum MINI today to ask my MA some questions. He checked the status of my vehicle again while I was there, still sitting at the dock.

Old 07-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Tex Susbo
2nd Gear
Hi David. . . welcome to the waiting room

When I last spoke to my MA, he said about 4 weeks from time it ships to dealer delivery.

Then depending on what dealer-installed stuff you have (I'm getting the JCW front strut bar) it should be ready in a day or two.

Old 07-12-2008, 04:41 PM
MrsZug
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by davidbod
Hey all,

So this is my first post. I have a laser blue Clubman S sitting at the dock waiting to board a ship as well. I'm in Houston and my baby was completed on July 8th. For those who have actually made it aboard a ship, how long was it from your completion date to getting on the ship? Anyone know how to figure out which port on the US side it will land?

Thanks,
David
I second the possibility that your Clubman will arrive at the Charleston, SC port. I'm in Ft. Worth and that's where mine is headed (on a K-Line ship, so no tracking ).

My Clubman sat at the dock from June 25 to July 5 -- 10 days. I suppose it could have left earlier if it were coming on a WW ship.

Quick Reply: Week 27 Support Group