1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 27 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 07:43 AM
tx-jbird
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
September Road Trip

Welcome Newbies......

Tex Susbo and I are heading off to Llano to go to Coopers Pit Barbecue and Fredericksburg the weekend of September 13th and 14th. Some folks that hang out in the Owner's Lounge will be meeting us also. Anyone in Texas or that is willing to make the drive is invited to join us then.

Here is a link to the thread.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=149780

Old 08-01-2008, 11:49 AM
SilverBullet82
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Tex Susbo
Picked Bob up last night Goes without saying I'm very happy! Here's a quick pic. More to come this weekend.
Bob looks great! I love that color - it was my alternative choice!

Old 08-01-2008, 11:49 PM
davidbod
1st Gear
So on Thursday afternoon the MA calls and says the last truck has arrived and mine is not there yet. She knows I'm going out of town for ten days on Friday. Major disappointment. Not ten minutes later she calls back and says one more truck has arrived and mine is on it. So today was a very busy day. At the dealership at 9:00 AM with the wife to do all the paperwork and pick up the car. A quick lunch and an hour of driving around, then back home, put the car in the garage and off to the airport. I'm now in Seattle and the surrounding area for the next ten days.

So some quick picks. Meet "Laser Blue Ray" or just Ray for short.

Week 27 Support Group-img_0473.jpg

Week 27 Support Group-img_0474.jpg

Week 27 Support Group-img_0475.jpg

Old 08-02-2008, 09:26 AM
Tex Susbo
2nd Gear
[quote=davidbod;2401623]So on Thursday afternoon the MA calls and says the last truck has arrived and mine is not there yet. She knows I'm going out of town for ten days on Friday. Major disappointment. Not ten minutes later she calls back and says one more truck has arrived and mine is on it. So today was a very busy day. At the dealership at 9:00 AM with the wife to do all the paperwork and pick up the car. A quick lunch and an hour of driving around, then back home, put the car in the garage and off to the airport. I'm now in Seattle and the surrounding area for the next ten days.

So some quick picks. Meet "Laser Blue Ray" or just Ray for short.[quote]

Congrats, Davidbod. Ray looks GREAT! We should hook up for a motor some time. Enjoy WA.

Old 08-02-2008, 06:00 PM
supermonkey
1st Gear
Let's Motor! Picked up my MINI this afternoon. My wife said I had that 'cat that ate the canary' grin. I call it the Motoring grin.

I think it was all those childhood days driving go-karts that came shooting back into memory. I'll take some photos soon and share with you all.

Man, I love this car!

Old 08-02-2008, 06:57 PM
Tex Susbo
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by supermonkey
Let's Motor! Picked up my MINI this afternoon. My wife said I had that 'cat that ate the canary' grin. I call it the Motoring grin.

I think it was all those childhood days driving go-karts that came shooting back into memory. I'll take some photos soon and share with you all.

Man, I love this car!
Congrats, Supermonkey! Can't wait for the pics. Took a nice drive out west of town with Bob this morning. Had the motoring grin the whole way

Old 08-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Calicoskies
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats to everyone and their new Minis! We can barely stay away from ours, love driving the long way everywhere! Here is a website my son built with pics of bringing her home, and after first detail. We love this car soooo much, its crazy! After being married 23 yrs, hubby and me are out joyriding every night again! We say we could only afford one midlife crisis, so we are sharing it!

http://home.nc.rr.com/eckoabrams/MaggieMae.htm

Old 08-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Danyes
3rd Gear
Stop it, you guys are killing us West Coasters. At least we are on Dry land. Even though Ask-Mini is telling us we are back in Southampton waiting for a boat. Couple days until we should start taking delivery I hope.

Old 08-02-2008, 08:34 PM
steve216
2nd Gear
Heres mine at home

Old 08-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Calicoskies
3rd Gear
Steve, your car is so pretty and so is your pup!

Old 08-02-2008, 10:46 PM
steve216
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Calicoskies
Steve, your car is so pretty and so is your pup!
its all a trap, cute care cute dog

Old 08-04-2008, 09:51 AM
minipsych
2nd Gear
Pics coming soon.... But, I drove the mini down to see my mom this past weekend and had the time of my life driving. I've washed her twice and almost washed her again last evening but was with my other girl and spent time with her instead. Plan to wash the mini tonight and wax her as well. I'm in love! Tom, MA, has moved from MA to matchmaker! I'm in love! I love this car! Only one problem..... If you can even call this a problem.....

She still doesn't have a name!! She needs a name! I'm working on it. So far thought about Kat after Katherine Hepburn who I loved in the 1954 edition of "Sabrina" or perhaps Sabrina, or Hallie after Hallie Berry who is just absolutely gorgeous and hot! Hmmmmm Still thinking though!

Well, back to motoring....

PS Got to wave at two Mini's on the way home! The wave is sooooo exciting!!!

Old 08-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Luthien
Neutral
Woo hoo! Miss Rose Tyler is at the dealer, and I'm picking her up tomorrow. I'm so excited!

I was getting worried this weekend when I heard all of you Houstonites had picked up your MINIs late last week. Everything is good, though.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Tex Susbo
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Luthien
Woo hoo! Miss Rose Tyler is at the dealer, and I'm picking her up tomorrow. I'm so excited!
Congrats, Luthien. As long as we aren't washed away here in Houston, I'll be motorin' around.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:19 PM
hoonu
5th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Finally, pics!

Greets to all my contemporaries! (And if you're double subbed on the week 28 list, sorry for the duplication.)

Picked the Clubman up last Thursday. Got there early, and had a neat experience walking through all the features with my MA. They had to fix a place on one of the sport stripes, but after that we grabbed some lunch then came back for something I don't remember now. Motoring will do that to you...

Activated the Sirius radio sitting in the lot and just as I was getting ready to head out...a humongous thunderstorm rolled in. So I drove for the first hundred miles of the car's life in the rain, and it looked nasty when I got to my destination.

Anyway, here's my "smiling Jack" act from delivery day, and one when we got home and got 'er cleaned up. The rest are in my gallery, courtesy of NAM.

Attached Thumbnails Week 27 Support Group-clubman_01a.jpg   Week 27 Support Group-clubman_06a.jpg  
Old 08-04-2008, 08:59 PM
minipsych
2nd Gear
Here's to everyone motoring and walking around with a goofy grin all day!!!

WAAAAHHHOOOOOOOOOOO

MOTOR ON FELLOW MOTORERS!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-04-2008, 09:07 PM
djryan012
1st Gear
For use on the West Coast who just had our ship arrive last week are waiting for ours this week or weekend. Est Delivery to dealer is 8-7. Glad to hear of you are enjoying your mini's. Cant wait.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Phuzbox
1st Gear
Congrats to everyone that has picked up so far. Post more pics. I am scheduled to pick up mine tomorrow, hopefully Tropical Storm Edouard passes through quickly.

Old 08-05-2008, 05:11 AM
Tex Susbo
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by hoonu
Picked the Clubman up last Thursday. Got there early, and had a neat experience walking through all the features with my MA. They had to fix a place on one of the sport stripes, but after that we grabbed some lunch then came back for something I don't remember now. Motoring will do that to you...

Anyway, here's my "smiling Jack" act from delivery day, and one when we got home and got 'er cleaned up. The rest are in my gallery, courtesy of NAM.
Congrats, Hoonu. Car looks great. I noticed your sunshade. . . I don't have one yet and am regretting it. Do you like the MINI-branded one?

Motor on!

Old 08-05-2008, 10:45 AM
hoonu
5th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Tex Susbo
Congrats, Hoonu. Car looks great. I noticed your sunshade. . . I don't have one yet and am regretting it. Do you like the MINI-branded one?

Motor on!
I do. When I saw the cost, I scoffed. So, I took a flyer and asked my MA to throw one in on the deal, and he did. But, it's really nice. Heavy vinyl around about 10mm thick sections of insulation, stitched down to "hinge" at each crease. It even has little wings at the bottom corners to flip out and completely cover the windshield opening. AND it comes in a heavy silver vinyl case. I like it well enough that if/when it wears out, I'll probably spend my own money on one. One issue is that it just does clear the sides of the automatic rear view mirror. I end up having to adjust the mirror every time I use the shade. HTH!

WooHoo! 300th post! 4th Gear!

Last edited by hoonu; 08-05-2008 at 10:51 AM.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Horatio
2nd Gear
I end up having to adjust the mirror every time I use the shade. HTH!
I have the same problem, unless i am VERY careful, the mirror gets pushed a bit. I love the shade, but hate that aspect.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Tex Susbo
2nd Gear
I do. When I saw the cost, I scoffed. So, I took a flyer and asked my MA to throw one in on the deal, and he did. But, it's really nice. Heavy vinyl around about 10mm thick sections of insulation, stitched down to "hinge" at each crease. It even has little wings at the bottom corners to flip out and completely cover the windshield opening. AND it comes in a heavy silver vinyl case. I like it well enough that if/when it wears out, I'll probably spend my own money on one. One issue is that it just does clear the sides of the automatic rear view mirror. I end up having to adjust the mirror every time I use the shade. HTH!
Great thinking on getting it thrown in. . . why didn't I think of that!

Originally Posted by Horatio
I have the same problem, unless i am VERY careful, the mirror gets pushed a bit. I love the shade, but hate that aspect.
Thanks to both for the feedback. I can live with the rvm issue. A call to my MA will be happening shortly.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:06 PM
Tex Susbo
2nd Gear
The Official Week 27 Alumni Thread

Thought it was time to start a Week 27 Alumni thread so we can all keep in touch. After all, our MINIs crossed the Atlantic together! We're practically family

Follow the link and share your motoring stories, mods, etc.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=150990