1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Greetings! Waiting to be united with my MINI.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 01:51 PM
heronsilver
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greetings! Waiting to be united with my MINI.

Hello all. First time poster, couple-week lurker. I ordered on 6/2 and seem to be extremely fortunate that my scheduled delivery is 6/26. I know Prescott's in the States now.

Reading all the posts here has made me realize I'm super lucky to be looking at a delivery so soon, but also made me all the more impatient! lol.

I'm going from a '06 Honda Element to a standard Cooper hardtop. I love my Honda for lugging stuff and people, but for commuting (which is what I'm mostly doing) it's not the most ideal.

I'm hoping getting the regular Cooper instead of the S was the right choice. I went in interested in either and my MA ended up convincing me to go with the normal Cooper for everyday ride quality, and for the 15" wheels with all-seasons being the best for the winter months here in NE. He told me it'd still be a lot of fun to drive and the test drive in a normal Cooper seemed decent (no twisty roads near the dealer though, boo!) It also afforded me the ability to get a few more extras than I might have if I'd gone for the S in terms of price. I suppose "worst case" I'll just have to make the next car an S, right?

I'm really hoping the Nightfire Red looks as good on the Cooper as it did on the Clubmans in their lot. I haven't seen any in person, which is also kinda cool to have a 'rarer' color.

I've seen a lot of friendly posts and enthusiasm on the boards here so I'm hoping to keep up with the goings on and look forward to interacting with all the MINI maniacs

Safe Motoring!

Old 06-23-2008, 01:58 PM
Red Dragoon
6th Gear
Welcome to NAM and the MINIverse and all things quirky. Nice choice of colour to boot. You'll have to send pics once your sweet ride is delivered.

CROC 411

Old 06-23-2008, 02:00 PM
ofioliti
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome! Yes, we always like pics.

Old 06-23-2008, 02:33 PM
chowdah
3rd Gear
Nice build ... welcome to the NAM addiction and post some pics of your new baby!

Old 06-23-2008, 02:56 PM
jjp007
4th Gear
Congrats! Lucky lucky you to get that car so very fast. I'm still have about 3 weeks left to wait and I ordered on May 24th.

Welcome!! Can't wait to see pics too. Have fun. I too ordered a 'justacooper' and I'm sure it will be just fine for me. I'm not into racing or driving fast. I'm a mild driver, don't really travel long distances but I've always wanted a Mini!!!

Old 06-23-2008, 03:12 PM
Jimbo
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm sure you'll be pleased with your choice. I'm on my 2nd Cooper with 15" All Season tires and it is by far the best choice for here in the Northeast.
On both mine when I needed new tires I "plus sized" to 195 / 60 for a bigger more aggressive look and I can go anywhere with little or no problems up to 12" of snow !! It still handles like a gocart as well, just remember to keep your revs up for the best performance, remember redline is at 6750 and 4500 is like an after burner kicking in, but only if you need it. Otherwise enjoy 30 mpg city and 40 on the highway

Jimbo

Old 06-23-2008, 03:20 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to NAM and the wide wide wide world of MINI! I LOVE Night Fire Red - I wish they made it in MCS. Happy Motoring!

Old 06-23-2008, 05:13 PM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
Congratulations and welcome to NAM!
You're getting your MINI in less than a month!? Wow! Lucky you!!

Old 06-23-2008, 05:19 PM
heronsilver
1st Gear
Thanks for the warm welcomes all! I know I'm a potentially lucky guy to get them so soon. I hope my luck holds and the schedule is right!

I'll be sure to get some pics as soon as my baby is in my hands

Old 06-23-2008, 05:42 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Congratulations! You are indeed lucky, but you must have been good in your former life (maybe that's why my June order won't arrive until September). In any event, hope you get some sleep before your MINI arrives and have a blast in it once it does!

Old 06-23-2008, 07:35 PM
extremevalues
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by heronsilver
Hello all. First time poster, couple-week lurker. I ordered on 6/2 and seem to be extremely fortunate that my scheduled delivery is 6/26. I know Prescott's in the States now.
Lucky you! Taking delivery this week! That's fast. You must have orded something that matched up exactly with one that was already being built. Otherwise I don't think that would be possible. Jack Jack started production on 5/30 and he just hit US soil late last week.

I'm hoping to take delivery this week or next. Wooo Hoo!

Last edited by extremevalues; 06-23-2008 at 07:41 PM. Reason: realized original post was today
Old 06-23-2008, 07:57 PM
heronsilver
1st Gear
Yeah I believe my MA edited an order the dealer already had in the system. On top of that he seemed pretty surprised that my order made it into that production week. I think they might get some preferential treatment because of the volume they sell.

Sounds like Jack Jack and Prescott are siblings, or at least cruise-mates. I don't know for sure it'll be this week. Might be next by the time the dealer gets done with it. The OL says the estimate is Thursday. Can't wait!

Old 06-26-2008, 11:19 AM
heronsilver
1st Gear
Last week or so is the worst!

This is killing me

So earlier this week the estimated delivery date was 6/26.

On Tuesday (6/24) I emailed my MA to ask if they had a better estimate on when I could take delivery, since I knew Prescott was at least in the states and the site had an estimate of a couple days later. I'm also trying to make some plans with friends next week and wanted to keep my schedule free around the pickup date, plus the finance manager at the dealership wanted me to call her to confirm some stuff when delivery was close so she could write up all the paperwork in advance...

Wednesday morning (6/25) I had an email waiting from my MA saying "I haven't seen it yet but it should be very soon." (not that that really answered all my questions but anyway). The crazy thing is that that morning I checked the owner's lounge and the estimated delivery date was changed to the previous day (6/24)!

Now I'm going nuts just waiting to find out when I can pick up my new MINI. The anticipation is killing me! Lol. I'm trying to behave and not pester my MA with "Is it there yet? Is it there yet? How about now?"

Old 06-26-2008, 11:46 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by heronsilver
This is killing me
Now I'm going nuts just waiting to find out when I can pick up my new MINI. The anticipation is killing me! Lol. I'm trying to behave and not pester my MA with "Is it there yet? Is it there yet? How about now?"

You might as well pester them a LITTLE -- they're more than used to it already...Or haven't you noticed we're all a little bonkers about our cars?