1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 31 2008 Support... anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 11:58 AM
thejokell
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stan11003
anyone from the 'Integrity' get there cars yet or have any idea when they will get them?
Talked to my MA today. It's at the VDC and will be leaving shortly. There's a chance I'll have it this weekend.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Pretzel Logic
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by thejokell
Talked to my MA today. It's at the VDC and will be leaving shortly. There's a chance I'll have it this weekend.
I'm not sure how this works... my MINI arrived in NYC on 8/2, but it is still at the VDC. Original Estimated Delivery Date of 8/8 came and went.

At this point, I would just be happy to get it by the end of the week. 2 weeks after VDC arrival.

Still others who arrived on the Southern Highway with me, already picked up their cars last week.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:51 PM
thejokell
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Pretzel Logic
I'm not sure how this works... my MINI arrived in NYC on 8/2, but it is still at the VDC. Original Estimated Delivery Date of 8/8 came and went.

At this point, I would just be happy to get it by the end of the week. 2 weeks after VDC arrival.

Still others who arrived on the Southern Highway with me, already picked up their cars last week.
Your car may have been damaged in shipment, or needed something installed at the VDC. I checked with my MA and he says it looks like mine arrived with no problems and that it should be a quick turnaround since nothing is being installed there.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:04 PM
Calmante
3rd Gear
Why would you say that to the poor guy? There are thousands of reasons why it hasn't come yet that don't involve damage! Don't worry, Pretzel!

Old 08-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Haven't been on the Week 31 forum lately since I am sort of between weeks 31 and 32 it seems. I did get onto the Western Highway on 8/8/08! Talked to my MA and he said that it looks pretty good for an end of the month delivery. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Old 08-12-2008, 05:52 PM
thejokell
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Calmante
Why would you say that to the poor guy? There are thousands of reasons why it hasn't come yet that don't involve damage! Don't worry, Pretzel!
I know, but it *is* a possibility. My dealer has 2 cars that have been at the VDC for a few weeks, both were waiting on parts to fix something that was either incorrect at the factory or damaged in shipping.

Basically I'm saying to call your MA, as they'll know why it hasn't left the VDC.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:02 AM
tennesseemini
2nd Gear
I called my MA yesterday. He said my car will be in next Monday or Tuesday. I was expecting pickup today or tomorrow. C'mon, the Southern Highway arrived in Charleston on the 8/7, and I've got to wait another week?

Old 08-13-2008, 07:36 AM
WC50 408
4th Gear
Jokell thats great you'll be on the road soon. Still have two weeks here.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:12 AM
thejokell
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Gmann2369
Jokell thats great you'll be on the road soon. Still have two weeks here.
I'm hoping for Friday, but my car is still at the VDC and unless it leaves today that probably won't happen.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:37 AM
WC50 408
4th Gear
Jokell we seem to be on here quite a bit, I guess your working as hard as I am, LOL. Hope it gets there soon. Cheers

Old 08-13-2008, 10:00 AM
thejokell
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Gmann2369
Jokell we seem to be on here quite a bit, I guess your working as hard as I am, LOL. Hope it gets there soon. Cheers
I have the luxury at working at a company that allows me some freedom online. As long as I get my work done they don't care what I do.

Gotta love small businesses.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:21 AM
thejokell
4th Gear
Just got a call from my MA - my Mini is at the dealer now! They're going to set up an install for the clear bra and as soon as that's done I'll be able to come get it!

Old 08-13-2008, 10:34 AM
gbsim
3rd Gear
Congrats Jokel.... Man that has to be a world record.... less than a month!

Am crossposting here and on the week 32 list since I've been on there a lot lately. My car suddenly popped up as "in transit" last night..... now It's official.... spoke to my MA and the Clubbie is on the Western Highway!!
He said 7-10 days at the VDC due to 3 extra days for the driving lamps.... boy that sounds like a lot!
My theory is that they estimate on the long side so that the impatient new Mini owners don't drive them crazy calling and asking "where is it?"
The only positive was that he said that if they could get it out before the first, they would because they'd prefer that it went on the books for August.

'08 Laser Blue/Silver Clubman S etc, etc Born Aug 2nd, Partying on the Western Highway

Old 08-13-2008, 10:49 AM
thejokell
4th Gear
Originally Posted by gbsim
Congrats Jokel.... Man that has to be a world record.... less than a month!

Am crossposting here and on the week 32 list since I've been on there a lot lately. My car suddenly popped up as "in transit" last night..... now It's official.... spoke to my MA and the Clubbie is on the Western Highway!!
He said 7-10 days at the VDC due to 3 extra days for the driving lamps.... boy that sounds like a lot!
My theory is that they estimate on the long side so that the impatient new Mini owners don't drive them crazy calling and asking "where is it?"
The only positive was that he said that if they could get it out before the first, they would because they'd prefer that it went on the books for August.

'08 Laser Blue/Silver Clubman S etc, etc Born Aug 2nd, Partying on the Western Highway
Yeah I'm kinda shocked. 3 weeks from the order date and it's at the dealer. I never expected it that fast.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:56 AM
Reldieh
3rd Gear
Yeah I'm kinda shocked. 3 weeks from the order date and it's at the dealer. I never expected it that fast.
Holy mothballs, Batman!!

That's super fast!!

I guess it helps that your MINI got off the ship at NY

Congratulations! And remember to take plenty of pictures!

Old 08-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Samart
1st Gear
Congrats thejokell! That's insanely fast! Can't wait for pics.

The Sierra Nevada Hwy will be docking tomorrow in Charleston. Hopefully my MCS can get on a truck by the weekend.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:14 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Congratz!!! That's truly amazing! How much fun are you having???

Old 08-13-2008, 03:52 PM
thejokell
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Chugiakgirl
Congratz!!! That's truly amazing! How much fun are you having???
None yet, gotta wait for the Clear Bra to be installed.

Old 08-13-2008, 04:08 PM
gbsim
3rd Gear
None yet, gotta wait for the Clear Bra to be installed.
I'm doing the same thing.... don't even want to take it for a quick spin without the shield. It will kill me to wait another day or two, but it seems smart as there are too many darn rocks around here!

Old 08-13-2008, 04:17 PM
thejokell
4th Gear
Originally Posted by gbsim
I'm doing the same thing.... don't even want to take it for a quick spin without the shield. It will kill me to wait another day or two, but it seems smart as there are too many darn rocks around here!
Yeah my MA asked me if I wanted to take delivery first, and I said no way! I know as soon as I drive it off the lot I'll hit a bunch of gravel and chip all my paint.

So I should be able to have it installed tomorrow, and then I'll go pick her up on Friday. May have to leave work a bit early to take care of it.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Yeah my MA asked me if I wanted to take delivery first, and I said no way! I know as soon as I drive it off the lot I'll hit a bunch of gravel and chip all my paint.

So I should be able to have it installed tomorrow, and then I'll go pick her up on Friday. May have to leave work a bit early to take care of it.
Smart move. I'm installing my own, as I have done it before on my Z3. Not too terribly difficult...but it takes about 2-3 hours and a lot of patience. I just hope I don't hit a gravel patch on the way home before I get it installed.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:09 AM
Samart
1st Gear
The Sierra Nevada Hwy has docked in Charleston as of 3AM. Unloading started at 7AM. Here's hoping everyone on board gets on a truck ASAP!

Old 08-14-2008, 07:32 AM
Reldieh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Chugiakgirl
I'm installing my own, as I have done it before on my Z3. Not too terribly difficult...but it takes about 2-3 hours and a lot of patience.
Which product are you getting and where are you buying it from? I want to get a clear bra as well but I refuse to pay the dealer to do something that I can possibly do with little difficulty.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:34 AM
Reldieh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Samart
The Sierra Nevada Hwy has docked in Charleston as of 3AM. Unloading started at 7AM. Here's hoping everyone on board gets on a truck ASAP!
WooHoo!!! C'mon trucks!!!

Old 08-14-2008, 08:05 AM
thejokell
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Reldieh
Which product are you getting and where are you buying it from? I want to get a clear bra as well but I refuse to pay the dealer to do something that I can possibly do with little difficulty.
Meh, I've put them on my phone before (it's the same 3M material from what I understand) and that is NOT a project I'd like to do on my own. I'd rather pay someone to make sure it's done right than hope I could do it on my own with no screw ups.

Quick Reply: Week 31 2008 Support... anyone?