1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 31 2008 Support... anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 01:12 PM
gbsim
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you haven't watched the "process camera" film of the mini being made from start to finish go to the owners lounge at miniusa.com and watch!! It is great.... I have to admit that I gave a gasp when the mini went down in the water , and at first I was thinking "Awww, all those robots and no human hands" but then it looked like a fun spin going out for a quick drive before waiting on the docks. Worth the 10 or so minutes if you haven't found it yet.

Old 08-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Reldieh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by tinker_06
Reldieh, gee - I feel your pain! I too would be disappointed! I looked up the Independence and it said leaving on the 9th..?
Oops! You're right!

I was thinking about the Independence II being the last ship that I can get on before having to wait another week.

Thanks for catching that!

(See, that shows just how frustrated I am! lol)

Old 08-01-2008, 01:32 PM
Reldieh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by gbsim
If you haven't watched the "process camera" film of the mini being made from start to finish go to the owners lounge at miniusa.com and watch!! It is great.... I have to admit that I gave a gasp when the mini went down in the water , and at first I was thinking "Awww, all those robots and no human hands" but then it looked like a fun spin going out for a quick drive before waiting on the docks. Worth the 10 or so minutes if you haven't found it yet.
Where exactly do I find this?

Can you give me a step-by-step guide to it's location?

I'm sorry if I sound crazy, but I couldn't find it, hehe.

Thanks!

*Edit* Nevermind, I found it. It's not in the owner's lounge, it's just at MINIUSA.com. I was confused.

Old 08-01-2008, 01:48 PM
gbsim
3rd Gear
I got to it after tracking my mini in the owners lounge area. There's a link to "tour factory and view production" or something like that after you get your tracking results.

Old 08-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Reldieh
3rd Gear
Ok, haha, I guess I'm still confused because I cant find it from the owner's lounge, only from MINIUSA.com.

It's alright though, at least I found it somewhere, lol.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:25 PM
WC50 408
4th Gear
It is where you track your production.

Old 08-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Reldieh
3rd Gear
Oh, haha, I'm such an idiot.

I found it.

Thanks for reminding me of just how much my brain has been *off* lately!

Old 08-02-2008, 12:03 PM
tinker_06
4th Gear
This thread is slower then week 32's - so I thought I would post to get it moving up again!

So, in anyone here on week 31 still in production - or are you all at port!? I said I wasn't going to call today.. but I did and guess there are no live persons on the Ask Mini line.. so all I know it that it is still in the body shop with the birth expected TOMORROW!!

I have been spending time on the Detail thread, and placed an order for $230.00 on Prima Products and supplies!!! I can't believe how much I think about this car! I really should be spending time planning our upcoming vacation - a cruise, and yet I haven't looked into one thing!

I told hubby he needs to get the nursery ready and CLEAN the garage!! LOL... he is just thinking I walked off the deep end.. maybe I have!!

Old 08-02-2008, 12:44 PM
ephotodfw
1st Gear
I called today as well Tinker and the automated message told me I'm waiting for transportation to the port of exit! Not sure when I'll leave the port once I get there, but I think I'm officially a week 31 build now. BD was 8/1.

I'm also about to place my order with DP and my wife and I have cleaned out our garage(painting tonight) in preparations. We are very excited to say the least and we've owned a MINI before! I wasn't that fond of it until we ordered a Clubman to replace it. Now we're looking at getting rid of our Accord and will possibly have a 2-MINI family by the end of the year! Then we get to do this all over again!

Old 08-02-2008, 01:14 PM
WC50 408
4th Gear
Well there is a boat departing on the 5th, 8th and 9th so Tinker and Ephotodfw should be on one. I have a Mini in the garage now but am very excited about the new JCW. Ephotodfw member of MM? Did you order a JCW? If so what color etc. Oops I see it all in the sig.

Old 08-02-2008, 02:09 PM
tinker_06
4th Gear
I am thinking WE too might become a 2 MINI family! Funny thing is - a car has ALWAYS just been a car.. didn't care about it at all. I recall years ago asking my hubby, "what kind of car is that?" (pointing to a Mini). It was the only car I recall ever catching my eye.. (we'll I liked the VW bugs somewhat too). I just got a new car 18 months ago.. a Toyota 4runner. I never liked it - just too big and hard to park, and now - a gas hog as well! I just happened a few weeks ago to spot a mini and it refreshed me of how much I liked this car! Hubby and I traveled 70+ miles to the dealership (and he tells me he secretly thought once I drove it and saw it - I /we would not like it). We took a test drive and I LOVED it and so did he! He then started looking and looking... we went home and ordered a couple days later, but now he is "building" his mini too! He isn't as impulsive as I.. so he'll wait and drive my some before he takes the leap, I have informed him that he won't be driving mine - so that if he loves it - he needs his own!

ephotodfw, so in all likelihood - you could already BE at the port!! (phones not updated). Lucky!!

Gmann, oh how I hope I get on the August 5th.. I have NO PATIENCE and this whole process of ordering and waiting - kills me! I ordered an auto trans - even though I know how to drive manual - it's been a long time. Hubby though - he will go with a manual, but looking at the Clubman.

Is it the Kline Ships that leave on the 8th and 9th? I am still figuring out the tracking thing!

Old 08-02-2008, 02:19 PM
WC50 408
4th Gear
The shipping schedule shows WW on the 5th, 9th, and 16th. A K-line on the 8th, 15th and 22nd. Think positive for the 5th. Mine came off the production line on the 30th and was heading west on the 1st. Hope that helps. Cheers

Old 08-02-2008, 02:25 PM
bruleto
1st Gear
My car finished production on the 28th and was on the port on the 29th. I talked to my MA today and was informed that I'm still sitting at the port. I'm not sure why my MINI is being left behind but it's really frustrating.

Old 08-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Gmann2369
The shipping schedule shows WW on the 5th, 9th, and 16th. A K-line on the 8th, 15th and 22nd. Think positive for the 5th. Mine came off the production line on the 30th and was heading west on the 1st. Hope that helps. Cheers
Mine came off the line on the 31st and I still don't know what ship it is or will be on. Hard to figure that one out! I've gone to http://schedule.2wglobal.com
to track for WW, but after entering my 17 number VIN, it says it's not there. Are you entering the entire VIN no to find out? Wonder if mine is going on a K-Line? It's arriving to the Charleston, SC port, so could be either of the transports I guess.

Old 08-02-2008, 02:31 PM
tinker_06
4th Gear
Chugiakgirl, I ordered 2 orders prior and cancelled.. but I had production numbers for both of them and it's been fun tracking them as well!

car #1 entered into production, and finished 3 days before car #2. Car #2 made it on the ship first! They are both sailing on different ships and both are with WW. I entered the vin number - and car #1 JUST showed up yesterday as "loaded" - but it's BD was 7/25. Car #2 is en-route... no real hard set rules I guess.. but yes, I am entering the full complete Vin #'s starting with the WMWMF7...

Old 08-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Chugiakgirl, I ordered 2 orders prior and cancelled.. but I had production numbers for both of them and it's been fun tracking them as well!

car #1 entered into production, and finished 3 days before car #2. Car #2 made it on the ship first! They are both sailing on different ships and both are with WW. I entered the vin number - and car #1 JUST showed up yesterday as "loaded" - but it's BD was 7/25. Car #2 is en-route... no real hard set rules I guess.. but yes, I am entering the full complete Vin #'s starting with the WMWMF7...
Ah, thanks. Yep...mine will probably be sitting there for a few days then if yours was just loaded and has been completed since the 25th.

Old 08-02-2008, 02:44 PM
gbsim
3rd Gear
It's a Mini!! Called AskMini first thing this morning and right according to schedule my mini was born sometime during the evening/AM hours!!! Now I'm released for transport and waiting with the rest of the week 31ers at the docks!
I think I'll call on Monday and ask my MA if he knows anything about boats.
I'm going to be out of town for a week in Aug and I'll be SOOO upset if he comes in while I'm gone.
And Tinker you're not the only one.... I'm about to put in a big order for Prima products too and I've never claybarred in my life and haven't waxed since my old Truimph days in the 70's. My husband is getting a kick out of how excited I am!

'08 MCCS Laser Blue/Silver on order. Wheels, bonnet, boot, seats and lots of extras..... Born Aug 2, 2008

Old 08-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
It's a Mini!! Called AskMini first thing this morning and right according to schedule my mini was born sometime during the evening/AM hours!!! Now I'm released for transport and waiting with the rest of the week 31ers at the docks!
I think I'll call on Monday and ask my MA if he knows anything about boats.
I'm going to be out of town for a week in Aug and I'll be SOOO upset if he comes in while I'm gone.
And Tinker you're not the only one.... I'm about to put in a big order for Prima products too and I've never claybarred in my life and haven't waxed since my old Truimph days in the 70's. My husband is getting a kick out of how excited I am!

'08 MCCS Laser Blue/Silver on order. Wheels, bonnet, boot, seats and lots of extras..... Born Aug 2, 2008
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Awesome news!

Old 08-02-2008, 03:20 PM
WC50 408
4th Gear
I know nobody wants to hear this ,but, the priority on the order can affect the shipping of the Minis. Mine was a priority 1 so I knew/hoped/prayed it would ship asap. If the priority is a 2 or 3 well you get the picture. The only way to find this is from your MA, also the MA is the only one that can tell you if your mini is on a K-Line boat.

Old 08-02-2008, 03:58 PM
tinker_06
4th Gear
I just pulled my paper work.. it has info on it that I didn't see before! It tells me the port location is SSIPOA - and through searching - it means it is going to be going to Brunswick, Ga, so that narrows it down.

Gmann - special request.. ?? by you or the dealer? A "rush" or some sort was on it?

I know I was given a space in the allotment they had, and all 3 of my orders - have the status code 112 - scheduled for daily production pack. Special requests: "normal", but it does have some other code on it... Dir. Srch. Code: SO8 ..? no idea on that one! (other 2 orders say S07)

Old 08-02-2008, 04:22 PM
gbsim
3rd Gear
Pulled my vehicle inquiry order which the MA gave me after production had started and it says by Priority: 3-Priority Stock. Not sure what this means but they began production the same day that the MA put the order in so it didn't delay anything at that point.
Anyway, so far it's going along great and I couldn't ask for a quicker build.

Old 08-02-2008, 05:12 PM
bruleto
1st Gear
My order said priority 1 but I've still been waiting at the port for a week. Weird stuff....

Old 08-02-2008, 05:15 PM
WC50 408
4th Gear
Pulled my vehicle inquiry order which the MA gave me after production had started and it says by Priority: 3-Priority Stock. Not sure what this means but they began production the same day that the MA put the order in so it didn't delay anything at that point.
Anyway, so far it's going along great and I couldn't ask for a quicker build.
right place right time hope it continues quickly. Cheers

Old 08-02-2008, 05:17 PM
WC50 408
4th Gear
I just pulled my paper work.. it has info on it that I didn't see before! It tells me the port location is SSIPOA - and through searching - it means it is going to be going to Brunswick, Ga, so that narrows it down.

Gmann - special request.. ?? by you or the dealer? A "rush" or some sort was on it?

I know I was given a space in the allotment they had, and all 3 of my orders - have the status code 112 - scheduled for daily production pack. Special requests: "normal", but it does have some other code on it... Dir. Srch. Code: SO8 ..? no idea on that one! (other 2 orders say S07)
I thought that might be the case living in FLA. that you would go through GA. I don't know what the S08/07 codes are. PM'd you

Old 08-02-2008, 05:24 PM
WC50 408
4th Gear
Tinker some good news your Mini will be on a WW ship as K-Line doesn't go to GA. Ship Departs Arrives

ELEKTRA 4 Aug 20 Aug
Independence II 9 Aug 25 Aug
Fidello 12 Aug 26 Aug
Patriot 16 Aug 01 Sep

Quick Reply: Week 31 2008 Support... anyone?