1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 31 2008 Support... anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 05:29 PM
WC50 408
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bruleto
My order said priority 1 but I've still been waiting at the port for a week. Weird stuff....
Yea some times no rime nor reason, I do feel your pain, hang in there. Cheers

Old 08-02-2008, 05:31 PM
tinker_06
4th Gear
Gmann, that IS great news! I *just* figured this out a couple minutes ago - but I wasn't 100% positive, so now I know.. I can *hope* I get on the ship on Monday, the 4th - but I know for sure I should be on the ship no later then the 9th! I am glad that I'll be able to watch it more on the WW line!

gbsim, I forgot to say CONGRATS on the birth of your baby today!! Is he/she going to have a name?

Old 08-02-2008, 06:32 PM
thejokell
4th Gear
I find it strange that Tinker and I ordered on the same date, yet mine is already on a boat on the way over here. I guess I just got lucky.

So who has named their Mini already? I'm still trying to decide right now (leaning towards "Inara").

Old 08-02-2008, 06:46 PM
tinker_06
4th Gear
thejokell, I think it has to do with the dealers allotment..? just a guess, as if you recall - my car is the 3rd one I ordered! I really think the salesman just decided after the third time.. he would move me down a little "just in case" I changed my mind again! The mini just prior to my 3rd (and last) order was less placed less then 48 hours - and it too is on the Ship already! Ahhh.. if only I wanted that sunroof I'd have my Mini sooner!! Oh well, a week or so isn't really going to kill me (may feel like it is). In any event - I am happy for you! It won't be long till you have your baby! I really like the Nightfire Red too - it was right up at the top for me, except I wanted to go with the S (well - I didn't care, but hubby talked me into that).

Old 08-02-2008, 06:52 PM
thejokell
4th Gear
My choices were between a Justacooper with a lot of options or an S with very few options. I went with the former - plus the gas mileage really helped my decision as well. I'm lucky they don't offer Nightfire Red in the S, as it would've made my decision even harder.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:21 PM
gbsim
3rd Gear
My first love was the Oxygen Blue, but I also wanted an S, so went with the Laser Blue/Silver. I know I'll be happy, but boy I wish they had that OB in the S!!
I keep switching names, so I guess maybe we'll just have to bond. At first it was "Smurf" or SmurfCar, but now Bernard and Rupert are both strong frontrunners.

'08 MCCS on order...

Old 08-02-2008, 08:03 PM
bruleto
1st Gear
Originally Posted by thejokell
I find it strange that Tinker and I ordered on the same date, yet mine is already on a boat on the way over here. I guess I just got lucky.

So who has named their Mini already? I'm still trying to decide right now (leaning towards "Inara").
I ordered a Pepper White MCS so I think I'm going to name it Sgt. Pepper but I was also thinking about Guvnor (but you have to say with a british accent). Anybody have an opinion?

Old 08-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Gmann2369
I know nobody wants to hear this ,but, the priority on the order can affect the shipping of the Minis. Mine was a priority 1 so I knew/hoped/prayed it would ship asap. If the priority is a 2 or 3 well you get the picture. The only way to find this is from your MA, also the MA is the only one that can tell you if your mini is on a K-Line boat.
Hi, I emailed my MA today with this info, and this is what he said. So it looks like we're all priority 1 unless you asked them to slow down an order for you. This is what my MA wrote me:
I hate to make anyone sound like they are wrong, but they are wrong. When a vehicle has a customer's name on it, it automatically is marked priority 1 no matter what. Priority 2 is a car that we want to hurry up and get on the lot but we never mark anything priority 2. Priority 3 is what every MINI is marked as by default so you can put a customer's name on it and it'll become a 1 or you can you can mark 2 if for some reason you want the car to get there a little faster than 3 months. There is also Priority 4 which we mark cars that we are not wanting to get right away. Let's say for instance it's winter, I'm not too excited about getting a convertible in so I'll make it Priority 4 so it'll slow it down and take it much longer to get here like 5-6 months. I hope this helps, don't worry your MINI is definitely a priority 1 and so far it looks pretty good for a late August delivery.

Old 08-02-2008, 09:51 PM
ephotodfw
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Gmann2369
Well there is a boat departing on the 5th, 8th and 9th so Tinker and Ephotodfw should be on one. I have a Mini in the garage now but am very excited about the new JCW. Ephotodfw member of MM? Did you order a JCW? If so what color etc. Oops I see it all in the sig.
Hey G,
I guess I'm technically a member of mm.org, although we've never made it out to any of the functions or get togethers. The only contact I've had with anyone would be agranger(I did some photos for him a while back) and with dickdavid(ordered some magnets).
We plan to change all that in the future! We're really looking forward to meeting everyone!
-e

Old 08-02-2008, 11:10 PM
WC50 408
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Chugiakgirl
Hi, I emailed my MA today with this info, and this is what he said. So it looks like we're all priority 1 unless you asked them to slow down an order for you. This is what my MA wrote me:
I hate to make anyone sound like they are wrong, but they are wrong. When a vehicle has a customer's name on it, it automatically is marked priority 1 no matter what. Priority 2 is a car that we want to hurry up and get on the lot but we never mark anything priority 2. Priority 3 is what every MINI is marked as by default so you can put a customer's name on it and it'll become a 1 or you can you can mark 2 if for some reason you want the car to get there a little faster than 3 months. There is also Priority 4 which we mark cars that we are not wanting to get right away. Let's say for instance it's winter, I'm not too excited about getting a convertible in so I'll make it Priority 4 so it'll slow it down and take it much longer to get here like 5-6 months. I hope this helps, don't worry your MINI is definitely a priority 1 and so far it looks pretty good for a late August delivery.
Well this is great for everyone and I guess it shows its luck of the draw why some get on a boat right away and some sit at Port of Exit for two weeks +.

Old 08-03-2008, 06:37 AM
tinker_06
4th Gear
bruleto, I like both names!

I wish the Ask-Mini real people were in today, I'd like an update! It still just says it's "in the body shop". I have no choice but to learn patience!!

I have a few names picked out her "her".. as I know it's a girl! I will be able to decide once she comes home and I can see her!

I am pretty hopeful that all of us will end up on a ship this week! I was first told I was set for week 32, which starts tomorrow - so in any event, I am happy I was bumped up!

Ordered my car detailing package and when it arrives.. I might practice on my current car - as I never have really detailed a car before! Driving through a car wash is what I did, but this car if different!

Old 08-03-2008, 06:39 AM
tinker_06
4th Gear
Oh and about waiting at the port for 2 weeks... someone posted this on another thread, and it makes sense.

In talking with my MA this week, she said boarding a ship is based on dealer allotments cycles. My MINI was slated for a July build and August delivery to the dealer. She said I am ahead of schedule on the build. So what I gather, build date has no bearing for shipment date. I just hope since I have been classified as an "August Delivery" by the dealer, I am hoping for an early August delivery vice a late August delivery.

Old 08-03-2008, 07:25 AM
twieland
1st Gear
Thanks for the info! When you first ordered from Markel, did they give you an estimated delivery date? They told me around Sept. 6th, and that was with a week 32 build. Since we were 'bumped' to week 31 builds, that would be great if we got our cars before Labor Day weekend. We've got a weekend trip planned, and would love to take the new car!

BTW - Who is your MA? We're working with Brian.

Old 08-03-2008, 08:17 AM
tinker_06
4th Gear
Gee... I know I must have OCD.. I now know the Ask-Mini phone # and my production # by heart... I called again - hoping that possibly the phones update.. but no, same old message.

It would be great to have our cars prior to labor day! crossing fingers!

Old 08-03-2008, 08:19 AM
WC50 408
4th Gear
Have heart and hang in there, mine was according to Ask Mini still in the paint shop as it actually was crossing the Celtic Sea. Cheers

Old 08-03-2008, 08:24 AM
thejokell
4th Gear
Originally Posted by tinker_06
Gee... I know I must have OCD.. I now know the Ask-Mini phone # and my production # by heart... I called again - hoping that possibly the phones update.. but no, same old message.

It would be great to have our cars prior to labor day! crossing fingers!
I think most of us have our production numbers memorized.

Old 08-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by twieland
Thanks for the info! When you first ordered from Markel, did they give you an estimated delivery date? They told me around Sept. 6th, and that was with a week 32 build. Since we were 'bumped' to week 31 builds, that would be great if we got our cars before Labor Day weekend. We've got a weekend trip planned, and would love to take the new car!

BTW - Who is your MA? We're working with Brian.
My MA is Steve. My original estimated delivery date was the first week of September, so it makes sense since we were bumped forward that I might get it the last week of August. I hope so! And I hope you get yours at the same time...that would be great!

Old 08-03-2008, 09:49 AM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Scary, but true. When I called the last time, the person on the phone knew my name, car and address. It popped up with my phone number. So it freaked me out a little when she called me by name.

Old 08-03-2008, 09:52 AM
RSXtoMCS
2nd Gear

Saw mine for the first time and that was all I needed.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:36 AM
tinker_06
4th Gear
well good! Now I don't feel like such a nut! (which my husband thinks I am at this point!!) LOL It's very unlike me to be excited about a car.. well, I am MORE than excited!

I need to call from a different number.. LOL Chugiakgirl... they KNEW who I was too.. and saw the past call record(s)

I have an upcoming cruise vacation that is only a couple months away.. and usually I start researching "what to do" but gee.. I really can't stay away from NAM!

Old 08-03-2008, 03:51 PM
gbsim
3rd Gear
Well it looks as though my Clubbie will be humming Otis Redding tunes (aka Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay") for a while.
My port is Charleston which doesn't have any ships leaving at the beginning of the week. K Line shows boats leaving on Aug 7, 13 and 21 and WW on Aug 8 and 16. Sigh... oh well so much for the thrill of getting on a boat tomorrow!!!
I'll make my first call to my MA tomorrow and see what he knows.

Old 08-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Reldieh
3rd Gear
Those schedules can be a bit difficult to understand.

The dates for departure (and arrival in Charleston, SC) are-

K-Line:
depart- Aug 8, arrive Aug 21 (Western Hwy)
depart- Aug 15, arrive Aug 27 (Caribbean Hwy)
depart- Aug 22, arrive Sep 4 (Southern Hwy)

WW:
depart- Aug 5, arrive Aug 19 (Elektra)
depart- Aug 9, arrive Aug 23 (Independence II)
depart- Aug 16, arrive Aug 30 (Patriot)

Last edited by Reldieh; 08-03-2008 at 07:38 PM. Reason: a wrong date, and added ship names
Old 08-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Reldieh
Those schedules can be a bit difficult to understand.

The dates for departure (and arrival in Charleston, SC) are-

K-Line: depart- Aug 8, arrive Aug 13
depart- Aug 15, arrive Aug 27
depart- Aug 22, arrive Sep 4

WW: depart- Aug 5, arrive Aug 19
depart- Aug 9, arrive Aug 23
depart- Aug 16, arrive Aug 30
Thanks! That K-Line schedule was crazy!

Old 08-03-2008, 07:36 PM
gbsim
3rd Gear
Thanks!! You're right, I was looking at the arrival times! Now I have hope again of a pre-labor day arrival.

Old 08-03-2008, 07:44 PM
Reldieh
3rd Gear
Thanks! That K-Line schedule was crazy!
Originally Posted by gbsim
Thanks!! You're right, I was looking at the arrival times! Now I have hope again of a pre-labor day arrival.
No problem.

Quick Reply: Week 31 2008 Support... anyone?