1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 31 2008 Support... anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 07:17 PM
Pretzel Logic
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Week 31 2008 Support... anyone?

Hi everyone,

I know you guys are out there. Clubmans, justaCoopers, Ss... anyone?

Week 31 is not that far away, and we will be taking delivery at the end of August, which is not that far away.

I know week 30 is not even up yet, but even more power to us! Who is out there with me waiting for a week 31 Build?

I can't wait!!

Boo ya!

Anthony

Old 06-28-2008, 06:49 PM
vfrillici
Neutral
Fellow Week 31er

Yep. In the same boat. Although, I wish my MMC-JCW were literally "in the boat" tomrrow!

It is going to be a long, long Summer..........

Old 06-28-2008, 08:57 PM
Pretzel Logic
3rd Gear
Yeay, another week 31 member. I agree, it will be one long summer...

Old 06-30-2008, 06:54 PM
Pretzel Logic
3rd Gear
Just a gratuitous bump... week 31 should come around soon enough for enough people to be EXCITED about their new MINIs!! Right?

Old 07-02-2008, 07:02 AM
Samart
1st Gear
Week 31 here. That means production doesn't start until July 28th right? My wife and I have ordered 5 previous cars and all of them took about 3 months to arrive. I've been hearing 4-6 weeks for MINIs so I was excited to not have to wait 3 months. But hey 8 or 9 weeks isn't so bad!

Old 07-03-2008, 07:19 AM
Pretzel Logic
3rd Gear
Welcome to the club Samart. It will be a tough wait, but I'm sure well worth it. I'm in the Northeast, so I will probably get my MINI a week or two before you, depending on the port your car is destined for.

Do you know if your car is going to Charleston or to Port Hueneme in CA?

Also, let us know what you ordered. Please share!

Old 07-03-2008, 08:53 AM
Samart
1st Gear
After reading a few threads looking for Texan buyers, I think owners in Texas receive the car by way of Charleston. The MINI will be the wife's commuter car. We'll be selling her 2006 A4 Avant. Here's the specs of her MINI.

MCS Astro Black/White Roof
Manual Transmission
Sport Package
Convenience Package
Limited Slip Differential
Xenon Headlamps
White Turn Signals
Rear Fog Lamp

I'm a little jealous you'll get your car sooner.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:32 PM
kefour
1st Gear
Just ordered a Chile red with White MCS yesterday. Told I should have it the last week of Aug.

Never ordered a car before. The process of choosing between all of the interior and exterior options was harder than building a house. I am replacing a leased car that is up in September and have been playing with the Mini build for over a month.

Old 07-04-2008, 04:09 PM
Pretzel Logic
3rd Gear
Welcome to the week 31 support group! I have a feeling in the next week or two, we will be seeing a lot more people joining us.

Week 31 will definitely be a great week. Some fantastic MINIs will be born that week.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Pretzel Logic
3rd Gear
So... I just talked to my MA today, and added some front fog lights. I just didn't want that empty toggle switch. He told me that in the next day or two, week 31 MINIs will be changing status, and it will be too late to change our specs without delaying our delivery.

And that means that we are moving along in our MINI process, and soon enough (7-10 days) we should start getting VINs and production schedules!!

Old 07-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Samart
1st Gear
Heard anything yet about status change Pretzel? I'm anxious to get our VIN. What's a little frustrating is reading threads about other NAM members ordering the their cars after us and getting a Production Week 29!

Old 07-09-2008, 03:29 PM
Pretzel Logic
3rd Gear
I didn't want to be annoying and call my MA every day. From what I have read, the MINI website is 4-5 days behind, and the MINI phone hotline is 1-2 days behind, so the MA actually has the most up to date info.

I would expect by the end of next week, the website should be updated. I may call 1-800-ASK-MINI (I think that's the number) either this Friday or Monday just to confirm that everything is moving along on schedule.

On a brighter note, I see that there is now a week 32 support group, so we aren't the last ones in line anymore!

Hang in there!

Old 07-11-2008, 10:21 PM
kefour
1st Gear
Scheduled for production

Checked the owners lounge tonight and my MINI has been moved to "Scheduled for production".

Got my VIN #. One step closer.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:09 AM
Samart
1st Gear
Congrats kefour! Did you order from MINI of Dallas? Ordered ours on June 26. Checked OL today and still "On order". I want my VIN so I can start using the widget a NAM member made on my Mac. Makes checking the OL much easier.

Old 07-12-2008, 03:15 PM
kefour
1st Gear
Samart, I ordered mine from Moritz on July 2nd. I live north of Ft. Worth and I heard good things about the dealer and service departments.

What is the widget you were talking about?

Old 07-12-2008, 08:15 PM
Samart
1st Gear
Old 07-13-2008, 07:38 AM
Pretzel Logic
3rd Gear
I'm still waiting for a change in my production status... but maybe because I added fog lights a few days ago, and it will take an extra few days? Oh well, good to know others in our week are already getting VINs.

By the way Samart, you don't need a vin to use this widget. You just use the number which appears in the URL of your owners lounge home page when you log in. I have been using it for a few weeks now.

Old 07-13-2008, 08:38 AM
Samart
1st Gear
Sweet! Thanks Pretzel. I'm wondering if kefour got moved up to Week 29.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:07 PM
kefour
1st Gear
I don't know if I got moved up or not. I thought I read somewhere that you can stay in the scheduled area for over a week. I will keep watching and waiting for it to go into production.

I ordered some products from detailers paradise last week and spent this weekend washing & waxing. Did my wife's volvo wagon, my Volvo XC90 (lease return going back in Sept), and my airplane.

The Prima products are good stuff and highly recommend after using them.

Old 07-14-2008, 03:31 AM
Pretzel Logic
3rd Gear
I just got my VIN and got moved into "Scheduled for Production" as well!! So, now things should really keep moving along, various stages of production, transport, VDC, and so on.

From what I have read, the first part of production is "staging" which can take over a week, as all the parts for our cars are assembled.

kefour, nice to see another Volvo fan around here. It seems like most other MINI owners are BMW only fans.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:47 AM
Samart
1st Gear
Pretzel and kefour, you guys are killing me! I'm still "On Order". Maybe later today or tomorrow.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:38 PM
BostonJohn
3rd Gear
Pretzel Logic and Kefour... sounds like you guys may be week 29ers if your in production now. When you call ASK MINI, do they give you an estimated completion date?

Old 07-14-2008, 12:45 PM
Pretzel Logic
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by BostonJohn
Pretzel Logic and Kefour... sounds like you guys may be week 29ers if your in production now. When you call ASK MINI, do they give you an estimated completion date?
I haven't actually spoken with MINI yet, I am just going by the website. As far as I understand it, I am only scheduled at this point, I would assume that the actual production would not take place for another week or so, with completion a few days after that... though I think that would make it week 30.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:59 PM
kefour
1st Gear
Since 2 of ours switched to scheduled in the last couple of days, I am sure yours will move very soon.

We have had 3 Volvo's since '00. An S40, V70, and XC90. My wife lovers her wagon. The plan was for her to take the XC90 instead of returning it, but she loves her wagon.

She said that she wants to keep her car for a couple of more years, it is an '02. But I caught her building a new one online recently. She is getting a little jealous about me getting a new car that I was able to customize with what I wanted!

When she gets a new wagon in a couple years, we will probably go visit the factory and all of that fun stuff. I wish Mini had that option. Would have been a cool summer trip.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:01 PM
BostonJohn
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Pretzel Logic
I haven't actually spoken with MINI yet, I am just going by the website. As far as I understand it, I am only scheduled at this point, I would assume that the actual production would not take place for another week or so, with completion a few days after that... though I think that would make it week 30.
By the time my status had changed to "In Production" in the OL, I had already been in production for 2 days! I suggest calling the 1-866-ASK-MINI number and at least using the automated system to check your status. It may tell you an estimated completion date

Quick Reply: Week 31 2008 Support... anyone?