1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need help with my brakes!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 06:47 PM
48halfpint
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need help with my brakes!

Hello everyone my name is Valarie. I have a silk green 2003 Mini Cooper. I absolutely love my mini and I am glad that I didn't buy a different car. Anyway like everyone else I would like to save money so when it came time to getting new tires I went someplace other than the Mini dealership due to the high cost from Mini. I previously had run flats, but went to a non-runflat tire (Faulken). When I had my tires replaced I found out I needed new brakes, pads, and rotors. Well, I did replace everything because I do have 107,000 miles on my car and new that I probably needed them.

As stated I went to a place to where it was cheaper than the dealership. I started off with a flapping noise in my front right tire so when I went back this place removed the front right tire and switched it with the back left tire. Well, then there was a noise when I applied my brakes coming from the back left tire, almost a flapping/ wabbeling sound. After 6 trips back I ended up getting my money back from the brake job this place did because they could not fix the problem. This place did originally put on Mini pads and when they couldn't figure out what the noise was they replaced them with Wagnor (sp) pads and obviously that didn't help.

I am coming to all of you to get any helpful feedback. I may in the end have to go to the dealership and not another mechanic.

Please help if you can.

Valarie
Jacksonville, FL

Old 07-04-2008, 04:05 AM
Noegel
5th Gear
Welcome to NAM, Valarie!

You might want to try copying and pasting your post into the 1st Generation Problems/Fixes forum. I'm sure they know a lot more about this than 1st Gear. I'm sure you'll get many helpfuly responses very quickly!

Good luck!

Old 07-05-2008, 07:58 AM
48halfpint
Neutral
Thanks for the info.

Valarie