1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ALL ABORD FIDELIO LEAVING SOUTH HAMPTON JULY 8th

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 03:00 PM
roscoenj
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got back from Switzerland and there are a LOT of minis there. In fact mini appeared to be one of the most popular cars. There were more Smart Cars however (and even more bicycles). Unlike here, most of the minis there were justacooper. There were also a number with no badge in the back. I assume those are the mini ones.

MiniO,

When are our cars coming in? (unless you went over to the port and hijacked it off the boat )

Old 07-18-2008, 06:07 PM
MiniO
3rd Gear
Hey Roscoe! How's it going....the wait is even worse now, knowing that it is so close. Talked to Morristown today. They said I should be motoring before next weekend. However, when I called back to get them to e-mail my Credit Union the purchase order with VIN #, I asked what day it will be there and he said they don't know that they just show up after getting through the VDC. Based on that I guess my car is still at VDC. If that is the case I don't know how he could say what he said earlier.
Time will tell.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:57 PM
roscoenj
2nd Gear
MiniO,

Our cars are at the dealer! Mine will be ready Wednesday but I can"t get it until Saturday. When will you pick up?

Old 07-21-2008, 01:17 PM
MiniO
3rd Gear
Wish I knew.
My MA is telling me that the car is due in today or tomorrow but they don't know when it will be ready yet. They still have not received the sun roof decal that I wanted either. I ordered this on June 7th and still nothing.
The dealer doesn't have much to do on mine though. Just Sport Stripes, side scuttles and the sun roof decal....I will be very happy if I can pick up on Saturday. I will keep you posted.
What dealer additionals are you getting?

Old 07-21-2008, 01:24 PM
roscoenj
2nd Gear
Nada, zilch , zip. Just getting DSC, LSD, ipod/bluetooth and armrest. All factory installed. Thats probably the difference. However I can't imagine that they have two trucks take cars from the same boat to the same dealer so i would bet that your mini is on the premises. My MA told me at approximately 1:00pm that mine was there.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:32 PM
MiniO
3rd Gear
my MA told me that at 2:30 today.
He did sound stressed though. Said he had 2 people picking up today and that he has been extremely busy. Hope he is wrong.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:05 PM
MiniO
3rd Gear
Hey Roscoe....
Looks like I should be picking up on Saturday as well. MA called today and car is there. They just need to install the Stripes, decal(if it comes in),side scuttles and Mud Flaps. I should know more on Thursday afternoon. Will keep you updated and maybe I'll meet you at the dealer. Can't believe the wait is almost over.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:21 AM
MiniO
3rd Gear
Hey Roscoe...
What time are you picking up Saturday. I have confirmed time of 12:00 NOON. Can't wait to finally be driving in a real car. Sunroof graphic was being installed today. Let me know!
Mike

Old 07-24-2008, 07:19 PM
roscoenj
2nd Gear
MiniO,

Excellent news! I will be picking up at 11:15 assuming I can get my wife (who thinks I am beyond queer for being as into this as I am) to drop me off in time. This week I was in Amish country, PA. Very few minis there.

Roscoe

Old 07-24-2008, 07:31 PM
MiniO
3rd Gear
Yeah, My fiancee thinks I'm weird also...she is just glad it's in so I stop talking about it. Little does she know that the real obsession begins Saturday.
My MA called me today after the black jack decal was installed to tell me that it looks amazing on the black roof with the Mellow Yellow and it matches the side scuttles perfectly. He also said that within the first hour, 3 people asked about buying it. I have a feeling that Friday will be a sleepless night.
I will probably get there a bit before 12. I will look for you.

Old 07-26-2008, 11:10 PM
MiniO
3rd Gear
Hello....exhausted from a day of motoring. Perfect day(maybe just a little hot but clear) What a blast....especially after my experience with my POS Jetta. I don't think I can drive anything but a Mini from now on.
The car looks amazing with the the Black Jack decal on sun roof and the side scuttles. I will post pics tomorrow but honestly pics doesn't do it justice. Have to see it in person. Looking forward to going to an event in the future to hang out with other people as obsessed as me.
Roscoe...how did it go today? I was going to look for you but I ended up not arriving at dealer until 12:30 and you were probably gone already. Hope you had as great of a day as I did.
So worth the wait of ordering and the stress of the daily tracking...
Good luck to everybody and I'll wave when I see you on the roads

Old 07-27-2008, 06:48 AM
roscoenj
2nd Gear
Hot damn. So thats what all the fuss is about. I do have a bone to pick about Mini's deceptive advertising. All of the benefits of superb gas mileage are lost when owners spend all of their time driving around for no good reason solely because it is so much fun.

MiniO, yeah I left before 12:30. Post pics. I took a quick look around for your decal but didn't see it.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:20 PM
MiniO
3rd Gear
Hey Roscoe....Can't believe how much fun this is!
My car was outside on the side before the hill going up to the other ones in back. Pics are up in Gallery but the are not great. Will eventually try to get better pics but these will do for now.
we should meet at an event or something in the future. (my finacee will really think I am a dork then )

Mike

Old 07-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Cunard
Neutral
I have been tracking my new MINI Cooper since the day it boarded the Fidelio and today was the BIG day! I picked up my new car from Braman MINI this afternoon and went for a joy-ride over to the beach on the causeway overlooking downtown Miami for some pictures. I parked on the sand next to some palm trees with the bay and downtown skyscrapers in the background. I almost made it home before the daily thunderstorm hit....I found out just how well this car drives in a complete downpour! I really think it drives better in the rain than my BMW 323ci did. Now I'm just waiting for the sun to go down so I can go for a nightime cruise around the neighborhood. I'm dying to see those cool interior ambient lights!