1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi, everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 07:31 AM
jgcorn
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, everyone!

Hello, all. My name is Jan Cornell. I'm an FP doc presently living and practicing in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. I've lusted after a MINI Cooper for years, but I hadn't pulled the trigger because of financial issues (divorce) and weather issues -- our winters are pretty much 6 months long and we average maybe 300" of snow a year. That being said, I have seen a few MINIs around here, so maybe they get around in the snow OK. I wonder if you can put skis on one?

At any rate, I have taken a position in Albuquerque, NM, to begin October 2008. So the weather will be less of an issue there. And I now have the ability financially to afford a MINI, so I am picking mine up in Chicago next week. It is a Pepper White MINI Cooper S, with the Premium, Cold Weather, Sport and Convenience packages.

I am extremely glad to have found NAM. My MINI has the HiFi system, and there seems to be a dearth of information about its exact specifications. But then I found the Navigation & Audio Forum here. It looks like that's going to tell me everything I need to know regarding upgrading the sound system.

I look forward to making some new friends here!

JC

Old 07-09-2008, 09:02 AM
Alts
Neutral
How are Ya? I'm new today too.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:36 AM
jgcorn
Neutral
Thanks!

Doin' great, I just don't know how I'm going to be able to focus on anything until next week when I get my car!

Old 07-09-2008, 09:36 AM
futuremini
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Jan! Welcome to the family!

Old 07-09-2008, 09:40 AM
ngweibing
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
welcome... i put snow tires on my mini so i can drive during winter

Old 07-09-2008, 09:40 AM
Alts
Neutral
I hear ya! I'm still a couple of months off, and it gets worse every day. I feel bad for my wife.