1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 32 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 10:56 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by dcrd
I wonder whether they have some tracking on their computer that logs how many times you call in? I know I breathe a sigh of relief when I get a different person than the last time.
I think they have a log. BigMINI is watching and listening!

Old 07-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by twieland
Sweet, just called and was told I am scheduled for completion August 2nd!

It was kind of embarrassing when the ASK-MINI rep (super nice guy) recognized my last name, told me my phone number and production order #, and said "Hey Tim, I think I talked to you yesterday, didn't I" :-)

Anyway, stoked to be built a week earlier ... wonder if there's any chance I'll get the car by Labor Day weekend ... hmmm ... better not get my hopes up too much!
Wow...I just went ahead and called them and the "automated" message told me that my MINI will be completed on July 31. That sounded crazy, so I talked to a rep and he said that my MINI doesn't even START production until August 4. What the heck? Yesterday they told me it would start production this Thursday. I am totally confused. At this point I'm just like...WHATEVER! It will get here when it gets here I guess. I wonder what the odds of the HUMAN being wrong this time? (I wish)

Old 07-29-2008, 11:03 AM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini
I think they have a log. BigMINI is watching and listening!
Oh great...that means they know I'm insane.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:12 AM
gbsim
3rd Gear
Will there be 09 and 08 all completed this week? I noticed that racetripper is expecting an 09? I thought that they closed and retooled before starting the new year.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:21 AM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by minicounter
Just thought I would drop in and welcome all you 2008 week 32ers from a 2007 week 32er! Reading through your posts brought back memories of the torment of waiting
Ahhh but it is so worth it!!

I still chat with some of the people who's babies were born at the same time as mine.

Good luck and enjoy... dream... learn...

And remember when you finally take delivery - let the mods begin!
That's cool! Still lovin that MINI?

Old 07-29-2008, 11:22 AM
Bemmerondubs
2nd Gear
Modified my order and added a MFSW and clear turn signals. Doesnt look like production will get started till next week. Hopefully something changes between now and than and it comes started sooner cause the wait is killing me!!!

Old 07-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Bemmerondubs
Modified my order and added a MFSW and clear turn signals. Doesnt look like production will get started till next week. Hopefully something changes between now and than and it comes started sooner cause the wait is killing me!!!
I feel your pain. Patience is not one of my better qualities.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:54 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Chugiakgirl
Oh great...that means they know I'm insane.
They're building a list and we're all on it!!!!!! Oh no........ .

Old 07-29-2008, 11:57 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gbsim
Will there be 09 and 08 all completed this week? I noticed that racetripper is expecting an 09? I thought that they closed and retooled before starting the new year.
Mine is an 09 JCW, I believe the 09 will all be JCWs. They mix the lot I guess.

Old 07-29-2008, 12:18 PM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gbsim
My 09 is a JCW, not a MCS. All JCWs start with MY09, including the ones delivered earlier this month.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:26 PM
tinker_06
4th Gear
I just called AGAIN, just to be sure it really was in production since the phone one says "no confirmed date" - they now know for sure I am a NUT! They did indeed have the info from my call earlier this AM!!! I didn't have to even give him my production number - HE KNEW IT! Okay, I am not going to call again until next week.. (we'll I will call the auto system - but not live) it's in production, not much more they can tell me. I can't stand this wait!!!

Old 07-29-2008, 01:40 PM
gbsim
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by RaceTripper
My 09 is a JCW, not a MCS. All JCWs start with MY09, including the ones delivered earlier this month.
Well that explains it! You tell those JCW Minis not to be like the young Chinese gymnasts who are trying to fudge on their age so that they are old enough to compete in the Olympics!

Don't you wonder why manufacturers start one year before the other is half over?

Old 07-29-2008, 01:41 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by tinker_06
I just called AGAIN, just to be sure it really was in production since the phone one says "no confirmed date" - they now know for sure I am a NUT! They did indeed have the info from my call earlier this AM!!! I didn't have to even give him my production number - HE KNEW IT! Okay, I am not going to call again until next week.. (we'll I will call the auto system - but not live) it's in production, not much more they can tell me. I can't stand this wait!!!
Call tomorrow. There is no limit on calls. It's part of the fun of waiting, so call and call often! I knew that calling was important if you want to find out exactly when your car is in any given phase, but kept my calls to a minimum. Called today after reading a couple of post and it had started production today. We are so close now, that this is the time it all unfolds and it will unfold fast. I think most of the service people actually enjoy talking to us nuts, keep them employed - call!!

Old 07-29-2008, 01:47 PM
Tu13es
5th Gear
Hmm, I was told it looked like my MINI wouldn't start production until next Monday (August 4). Does that make me a week 33'er, or are you guys just getting yours going early?

Old 07-29-2008, 02:08 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Tu13es
Hmm, I was told it looked like my MINI wouldn't start production until next Monday (August 4). Does that make me a week 33'er, or are you guys just getting yours going early?
I think just a little early. I've been a week 32 since early June.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:16 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by tinker_06
LOL...we're all there with you. I just wish the automated didn't conflict with what the person told me. now I don't know what to believe!

Old 07-29-2008, 02:22 PM
Tu13es
5th Gear
I think just a little early. I've been a week 32 since early June.
Well, my car had been on order with the dealer for a bit. I basically just changed the order they had in the system, and it was (and is) scheduled for the week of August 3/4.

I'm just trying to figure out which week I technically am. :P

Old 07-29-2008, 02:50 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Chugiakgirl
LOL...we're all there with you. I just wish the automated didn't conflict with what the person told me. now I don't know what to believe!
Ancient MINI lore says trust the shaman, the voices are misleading.

Originally Posted by Tu13es
Well, my car had been on order with the dealer for a bit. I basically just changed the order they had in the system, and it was (and is) scheduled for the week of August 3/4.

I'm just trying to figure out which week I technically am. :P
Your week 32, that's your scheduled start week.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:00 PM
tinker_06
4th Gear
yep Tu13es, you are week 32. I too was scheduled to start 8/4 but they bumped me up and started today, so I official started production today, week 31 and will officially complete it - 8/5 - week 32! However, no matter what day at this point, today, tomorrow or 8/4 - we are almost there!

Old 07-29-2008, 03:28 PM
mrwickham
2nd Gear
Still no VIN for me . Another day, another phone call to ASKMINI. Tomorrow, tomorrow will be better. (Isn't this the sign of a sick mind)

Old 07-29-2008, 03:41 PM
ephotodfw
1st Gear
Start date of this Friday, 8-1. It's all downhill from here. We sold our other car and ordered our MINI on 6/20. It's been a tough 5+ weeks with only one car!!

Old 07-29-2008, 04:16 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mrwickham
Still no VIN for me . Another day, another phone call to ASKMINI. Tomorrow, tomorrow will be better. (Isn't this the sign of a sick mind)
If that's the case, we'll all have to be committed. Wonder if they have group rates? What's weird for me is that I've had my VIN for over a week, but now the guy on the phone today tells me I'm not rolling through production until August 4th. I choose to believe the automated message that tells me my production will be COMPLETED by July 31. Think positive...

Old 07-29-2008, 04:54 PM
tinker_06
4th Gear
the automated message that tells me my production will be COMPLETED by July 31.
Gee, and my automated messages tells me that I am scheduled for production with no confirmed date!

Old 07-29-2008, 06:42 PM
minicounter
4th Gear
Hi minicounter, thanks for dropping in. Feel free to give aid to the afflicted!
Probably more like 'fuel for the fire'!

And Chugiakgirl - 'lovin the MINI' is probably an understatement!!

Every morning when I get to drive my 18 mile twisty country deserted road at maximum warp I think how blessed I am!

Everyone feel free to obsess ( it prepares you for future OCD behavior - see detailing 101 forum )

For those of you who are worried about the options you have/ haven't chosen;
I went with a rather unusual interior/exterior combination. (If I had known that it would be easy to reorder and change options I would probably have an 09 on order now ) I wasn't even sure when I actually saw it if I liked it. I ended up with a couple issues with my car and she was at the dealer for about 25 of her first 60 days in Oregon . It was when we were close to lemon-law when I realized I would probably order the exact same thing if given the opportunity. I also obsessed about not having the NAV. I think I would have been happy either way...

So the shorter-winded answer is that the car is so much fun to drive the options don't really matter all that much... it's all good!

The other part to know is that even though I had one of the rare MINI's with problems - it turned out great. I am 3 hours from the dealer so it wasn't easy but they really tried to take care of me and make things good! I am at 21k now and BlueBelle is doing well.

On the subject of names I waited till she arrived to determine sex and name. It surprised me that she seemed to be a girl with her color scheme and the fact that I have all boys in the family. Maybe I wanted a shopping partner

Future things to obsess over....
When will he/she get to the dock
Will he/she make the next ship
Loaded - will he/she sail on the ship (mine showed as loaded but was booted off for partying too much... had to catch the next one)
Find your ship's thread (or start one) then tracking the sail... tons of fun for the west coast people The Panama, etc
Then the arrival at VDC (the black hole of information)
and finally to the dealer for them to use as test drives..er prep for delivery

I think someone should apply for a grant to study lost work productivity in the US due to MINI tracking!

Sorry for long-winded post but ya got me thinking about all that fun again... enjoy!!

Old 07-29-2008, 08:02 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by minicounter
Probably more like 'fuel for the fire'!

And Chugiakgirl - 'lovin the MINI' is probably an understatement!!

Every morning when I get to drive my 18 mile twisty country deserted road at maximum warp I think how blessed I am!

Everyone feel free to obsess ( it prepares you for future OCD behavior - see detailing 101 forum )

So the shorter-winded answer is that the car is so much fun to drive the options don't really matter all that much... it's all good!

The other part to know is that even though I had one of the rare MINI's with problems - it turned out great. I am 3 hours from the dealer so it wasn't easy but they really tried to take care of me and make things good! I am at 21k now and BlueBelle is doing well.

On the subject of names I waited till she arrived to determine sex and name. It surprised me that she seemed to be a girl with her color scheme and the fact that I have all boys in the family. Maybe I wanted a shopping partner

Future things to obsess over....
When will he/she get to the dock
Will he/she make the next ship
Loaded - will he/she sail on the ship (mine showed as loaded but was booted off for partying too much... had to catch the next one)
Find your ship's thread (or start one) then tracking the sail... tons of fun for the west coast people The Panama, etc
Then the arrival at VDC (the black hole of information)
and finally to the dealer for them to use as test drives..er prep for delivery

I think someone should apply for a grant to study lost work productivity in the US due to MINI tracking!

Sorry for long-winded post but ya got me thinking about all that fun again... enjoy!!
Good to know! Lucky for me, my dealership is close by, I'll go check if there is an increase in little MY MINI sightings when its here!

Quick Reply: Week 32 Support Group