1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 32 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 07:16 AM
tinker_06
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just called, and I have moved up again! My birthday is now August 3, so I am officially week 31 now. Great group going here and I will still be following your threads!

Old 08-01-2008, 10:15 AM
Bemmerondubs
2nd Gear
How do we get production codes? Whenever I call they never know where to find it and I cant find it in OL.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:17 AM
Tu13es
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Bemmerondubs
How do we get production codes? Whenever I call they never know where to find it and I cant find it in OL.
You should have received that from your MA when you ordered. If not, call and bug him or her for it.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:40 AM
Bemmerondubs
2nd Gear
Sorry not the production order number... The "Status code" it is a number associated with the point in production

Old 08-01-2008, 10:56 AM
Calmante
3rd Gear
You know what I don't like? That my MA suggested that it was likely I'd get it before the end of August, but when I speak to the ASK MINI people, they tell me that:

It takes about a week after production to get loaded.
Two weeks in transit.
One or two weeks at the VDC.
One week to ship it to the dealer.
Prep time at the dealer.

WHAT? Over six weeks? For a car that's going to live 3 or 4 hours away from the VDC that just happens to be the closest one to Southampton? Someone tell me this is wrong!

Old 08-01-2008, 11:06 AM
tinker_06
4th Gear
Calmante, the Ask Mini gave you the wrong info! It only takes a couple days for it to get on the ship. I am 100% positive - because I have been following the 2 cars I cancelled (gotta fill this obsession!) they are both on the ship! (one finished 7/25 other 7/28) It does take 2 weeks transport time on the ship and I don't know how long it stays at the VDC.. but I was also told that from the time I placed the order it would take about 4 weeks.. and I have seen others that put the production time and pick-up time in their signatures and some are just 4 weeks. Now... I am on the east coast - and we get them much faster (thank goodness) then people on the west coast!

Bemmerondus, I have found that some "know" the production code and others either don't know or don't want to bother looking it up. One even told me they were authorize to give me the code... Call again - and try speaking to someone else.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Tu13es
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Calmante
You know what I don't like? That my MA suggested that it was likely I'd get it before the end of August, but when I speak to the ASK MINI people, they tell me that:

Two weeks in transit.
Prep time at the dealer.

WHAT? Over six weeks? For a car that's going to live 3 or 4 hours away from the VDC that just happens to be the closest one to Southampton? Someone tell me this is wrong!
They overestimate just to be safe. My MA also gave me a date that was about 6-7 weeks from order but said it'd hopefully not take that long.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:55 AM
Bemmerondubs
2nd Gear
Yeah I have found ASKMINI to be very unreliable. They need some more consistency with their information. You would figure they would be a little better at this since they are getting payed to do it but I dont really care so much cause its not like its affecting the overall date of arrival. I just wish I wasnt getting a different answer every time i would call.

Old 08-01-2008, 12:42 PM
denstep57
1st Gear
Interesting.

Called on Tuesday, was told it was in production.

Recording said estimated completion date of 8/5.

Called today (Friday) to see where in production it was, and was told that it wasnt in production yet, but has an estimated completion date of 8/5.

Huh?

Old 08-01-2008, 03:53 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Port! Port! Port!

OMG! I'm so excited! I just called MINI for an update and my car is at the port!!!! I thought it was just being finished up...but it's waiting to board the ship! WEEEEE! I asked if she knew what ship and she said that they don't have that info. I wonder how everyone is finding out their ship??? I need to go recheck the "tracking your MINI" printout I have. Just had to share my excitement (my hubby doesn't "get it").

Old 08-01-2008, 04:11 PM
twieland
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Chugiakgirl
OMG! I'm so excited! I just called MINI for an update and my car is at the port!!!! I thought it was just being finished up...but it's waiting to board the ship! WEEEEE! I asked if she knew what ship and she said that they don't have that info. I wonder how everyone is finding out their ship??? I need to go recheck the "tracking your MINI" printout I have. Just had to share my excitement (my hubby doesn't "get it").
I'm happy for you Chugiakgirl! After seeing your post, I called hoping mine also would be magically at port. Unfortunately, I'm still in the 'assembly line', so looks like our cars won't likely be on the same ship to Omaha. You'll probably get yours first, enjoy! And keep us updated when you find out your ship!

Old 08-01-2008, 04:22 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Congrats, Chugiakgirl!! We're waiting to follow you in. As far as I am concerned no matter what day our MINI finishes, he/she is still a week 32 - preeni or not. So far as far as I know ours is still scheduled for Mondau 08/04, but even if the birth date is Sunday, I'll go by the original week.

Old 08-01-2008, 04:57 PM
mrwickham
2nd Gear
Wow - Chugiakgirl that is so cool. Still no VIN for me, but next week is rapidly approaching and I'm off to Jamaica so I can wait while I chill in the sun. Get you camera ready because we all want to see pics of the newborn once she/he arrives at Markel.

Old 08-01-2008, 05:11 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Just called ASKMINI, it's in the body shop!!!! After that it would be going to the paint shop, and then the assembly line. He was very good and explained what happens in the body shop phase. You just have to call again if you don't get information. He said once it's in the assembly line, it usually finishes in 24 hours. He aslo said these are approximate times, it could be earlier, but most likely Monday assembly line and finish. With 3500 MINIs coming out every week that's a lot of births!

Mrwickham, you know we going to want to see vacation pics!

Old 08-01-2008, 06:27 PM
Bemmerondubs
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Chugiakgirl
Wow thats awesome Congrats... Seems like people are getting bumped up pretty often here. I called again later today and I spoke to the nicest person by far that I have spoken to at ASKMINI. She was very friendly and answered all of my questions and even went way out of her way to answer a random question I had about the car. She even remembered what I had named my car since I had spoken to her before. So if any one gets to talk to Aileen ( I think thats how you spell it) you will be very lucky. She is by far the best.

Old 08-01-2008, 07:57 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Calmante

Two weeks in transit.
Prep time at the dealer.

Originally Posted by tinker_06
Calmante, the Ask Mini gave you the wrong info! It only takes a couple days for it to get on the ship. I am 100% positive - because I have been following the 2 cars I cancelled (gotta fill this obsession!) they are both on the ship! (one finished 7/25 other 7/28) It does take 2 weeks transport time on the ship and I don't know how long it stays at the VDC.. but I was also told that from the time I placed the order it would take about 4 weeks.. and I have seen others that put the production time and pick-up time in their signatures and some are just 4 weeks. Now... I am on the east coast - and we get them much faster (thank goodness) then people on the west coast!

Bemmerondus, I have found that some "know" the production code and others either don't know or don't want to bother looking it up. One even told me they were authorize to give me the code... Call again - and try speaking to someone else.
My MA said 4 to 6 weeks after production. So that would put it at the beginng to the middle of September. It's probably conservative, but it's consistent with the experiences of many posters.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:02 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by twieland
I'm happy for you Chugiakgirl! After seeing your post, I called hoping mine also would be magically at port. Unfortunately, I'm still in the 'assembly line', so looks like our cars won't likely be on the same ship to Omaha. You'll probably get yours first, enjoy! And keep us updated when you find out your ship!
There is a possibility that some of the ones in the production line will make ships at the same time. Some times there has been ten day delays before they are loaded on the ships. Remember these are huge ships with quite a few MINIs. MINI production is 3500 a week, of course they don't all come to the states, but you get the idea.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:27 PM
Doc Cooper
3rd Gear
Still no production date... ASKMINI says no confirmed date... what the... im sure im week 32 but i guess im really pushed back on the assembly line... Mother MINI... pop my baby out NOW!!!

Old 08-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini
There is a possibility that some of the ones in the production line will make ships at the same time. Some times there has been ten day delays before they are loaded on the ships. Remember these are huge ships with quite a few MINIs. MINI production is 3500 a week, of course they don't all come to the states, but you get the idea.
This is true. They said today that depending on whether my car was the first in the line or the last in the line, it would either be loaded immediately onto a ship or possibly sit there for up to 5 days to wait for all the others. In other words...it's probably sitting out in the weather waiting. We may all be on the same transport. I couldn't get any other info than it was at the port. So for now it's flying under the radar. In any case, we're all going to have our cars in 4-5 weeks! YAY!

Old 08-01-2008, 10:09 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by twieland
You never know...they might be on the same ship. I think mine is just waiting for yours in the Port parking lot.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:54 PM
LBMCS702
1st Gear
no vin yet

I called ask mini today and no vin yet. But they said I'm still scheduled for week 32, but they don't know when...

This waiting is making me

Old 08-02-2008, 04:22 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Doc Cooper
Still no production date... ASKMINI says no confirmed date... what the... im sure im week 32 but i guess im really pushed back on the assembly line... Mother MINI... pop my baby out NOW!!!
I'll all work out soon Doc. For the first three days after I was told production had started there was no activity and the ASKMINI person told me so. Sunday or Monday will be the beginning of our scheduled week, you can probably start expecting for them to be able to tell you the good news no later than Monday. Hang in there, some times mommas take their time. Make sure you talk to a person, the automated system is no better than the OL.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:04 AM
msvic
1st Gear
Just called 1-800-ASK- MINI, we are released to carrier. I guess we'll be on the next ship going to CA. I'm guessing either the Western Hwy, or the Maersk Wind???? Anyone else on the west coast? I can't wait!!!

Old 08-02-2008, 11:23 AM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
Mine is in production with expected completion of Aug 10. That's according to the automated system. That would put delivery around Sep 20 or so. That's about right for me. My last lease payment on the M3 is October 1, so I want my first loan payment to be no earlier than Nov. 1. That means I should take delivery no more than 45 days before that.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Calmante
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by RaceTripper
Mine is in production with expected completion of Aug 10. That's according to the automated system. That would put delivery around Sep 20 or so. That's about right for me. My last lease payment on the M3 is October 1, so I want my first loan payment to be no earlier than Nov. 1. That means I should take delivery no more than 45 days before that.
I think you're going to get it a bit earlier than that... If you are complete on the 10th, you may make it on the Fidelio leaving on the 12th and arriving in Brunswick on the 26th of August. I don't think it'll take a month to get to St. Louis from there... Will it?

Quick Reply: Week 32 Support Group