1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 32 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Bemmerondubs
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How can you find the dates that are scheduled for the ships to leave? Production is supposed to be completed for me on Aug. 6th so how do I know what ships will be leaving around that time?

Old 08-02-2008, 02:25 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
If I pasted the right link this thread should tell all about shipping.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=144057

Also, the production codes are there.

Old 08-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini
If I pasted the right link this thread should tell all about shipping.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=144057

Also, the production codes are there.
The K-Line is pretty crazy. Do you have any idea how to read that thing? My MINI is at the port, but so far hasn't been loaded onto WW Cargo, so perhaps a K-Line. ? Mine is supposed to come into the Charleston, SC port.

Old 08-02-2008, 02:37 PM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Calmante
I think you're going to get it a bit earlier than that... If you are complete on the 10th, you may make it on the Fidelio leaving on the 12th and arriving in Brunswick on the 26th of August. I don't think it'll take a month to get to St. Louis from there... Will it?
If it gets there earlier, the dealer will have to hold it -- I really do not want two car payments in the same month. The VDC is installing the driving lamps, and I'm now looking into what it will cost for the VDC to do the sport stripes, so those may get done there too.

Old 08-02-2008, 03:38 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Chugiakgirl
The K-Line is pretty crazy. Do you have any idea how to read that thing? My MINI is at the port, but so far hasn't been loaded onto WW Cargo, so perhaps a K-Line. ? Mine is supposed to come into the Charleston, SC port.
Not yet. Are you sure you're going to be on K-Line instead of WW? The only clue seems to be the schedule pdf.

Old 08-02-2008, 03:54 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Not yet. Are you sure you're going to be on K-Line instead of WW? The only clue seems to be the schedule pdf.
I'm honestly not sure of anything. Just trying to make a guess. It's not showing up as loaded on WW, so wondered about the possibility of K-Line. Maybe I'll know more in a day or two.

Old 08-02-2008, 04:45 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
I'm honestly not sure of anything. Just trying to make a guess. It's not showing up as loaded on WW, so wondered about the possibility of K-Line. Maybe I'll know more in a day or two.
I'd hope it would end up on a WW ship, so you can track it. Also, I think it's easier to find your VIN on the WW ship. Do you know if ASKMINI is automated on weekends or can you still get a hold of a person?

Old 08-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
I'd hope it would end up on a WW ship, so you can track it. Also, I think it's easier to find your VIN on the WW ship. Do you know if ASKMINI is automated on weekends or can you still get a hold of a person?
I think they're automated, but my last person from ASKMINI said that now that it's at the port, they can't tell me anything else - my MA would have to. So I guess I'll just wait patiently for the next 3 to 4 weeks to pass.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Bemmerondubs
2nd Gear
Well I know that my car will be completed on Aug. 6th and the next ship leaving Southhampton is on Aug. 9th so I figure Ill be on it. It than gets to NY 8 days later but my port is in Georgia so it wont get there till the 28th according to that chart. Just to be safe ill say it gets to Miami in a week so I should be able to meet my MINI first week of September. Its only about a 10 hour drive from most places in Georgia to Miami so I dont think it will take a week to get down but who knows Ill just be safe and say a week. So the day is getting closer and Im stoked 4 MORE WEEKS WOOOOOO

Old 08-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Doc Cooper
3rd Gear
My car is BORN and in PRODUCTION!! YAY!!!! Completion date is 8/7.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Congratz Doc Cooper! That's great news!

Old 08-03-2008, 12:32 PM
LBMCS702
1st Gear
question about Mini OL

I just got my vin and a completion date of 8/7/08 However, what mini ol is showing and what my dealer showed me and I selected are different. Ask-mini can neither confirm nor deny the options. The dealer and me are on the same page, its just Mini OL is missing an option.

Is there any other way to verify the right options are being installed?

Old 08-03-2008, 12:47 PM
twieland
1st Gear
I had a similar question as OL was not showing my specific wheel selection. ASK-MINI told me that OL was not quite accurate and to not worry, as long as my dealer confirmed we had ordered the correct items. Also, if the 'slot' your dealer had was previously allocated for a different car, it can take a couple days for OL to show the correct details, not sure the specifics for your order. Anyway, congrats on getting your vin and completion date!

Originally Posted by LBMCS702
I just got my vin and a completion date of 8/7/08 However, what mini ol is showing and what my dealer showed me and I selected are different. Ask-mini can neither confirm nor deny the options. The dealer and me are on the same page, its just Mini OL is missing an option.

Old 08-03-2008, 01:14 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Doc Cooper
My car is BORN and in PRODUCTION!! YAY!!!! Completion date is 8/7.
Congrats!!!!!!

Old 08-03-2008, 01:18 PM
sikamini
6th Gear

Check Monday in the OL, if it's still not right call your MA. Did your MA e-mail your order copy to you, check that also. OL will be several days late on everything. Congrats.

Old 08-03-2008, 02:05 PM
LBMCS702
1st Gear
OL, has been wrong for 3 weeks now. My MA did fax me the original order showing the missing option. So I do have a copy and I spoke to my MA and he said don't worry it will be installed. The $500 bluetooth option is whats missing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

Old 08-03-2008, 02:13 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
OL, has been wrong for 3 weeks now. My MA did fax me the original order showing the missing option. So I do have a copy and I spoke to my MA and he said don't worry it will be installed. The $500 bluetooth option is whats missing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...
Get your MA to straighten it out Monday. If it's not your list by the time the MINI goes into production it will not get put in. Call again. Yours will be production in days!

Old 08-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Decided to name my car after my dog's sire. It just seemed to fit.

Old 08-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Tu13es
5th Gear
Hm, I just realized that OL has a "review your order". It's missing the clear turn signals and xenon headlights. However, I have 3 different documents from my dealer that show them. I'll just assume OL is wrong, I think. Maybe I'll but my MA. *shrug*

I also found out I have a VIN but still no completion date.

Old 08-03-2008, 06:55 PM
gbsim
3rd Gear
LOVE the name Black Rook for your Astro Black!!
My MA specifically warned me that Mini would show things as wrong on the order and not to worry. If it was right on the print out that he gave me then it would be okay.

Old 08-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Doc Cooper
3rd Gear
Congratz Doc Cooper! That's great news!
Congrats!!!!!!

Finally with VIN number, I can call PENFED to get the financing

Old 08-03-2008, 08:03 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Tu13es
Hm, I just realized that OL has a "review your order". It's missing the clear turn signals and xenon headlights. However, I have 3 different documents from my dealer that show them. I'll just assume OL is wrong, I think. Maybe I'll but my MA. *shrug*

I also found out I have a VIN but still no completion date.
If you have items that are factory installed and not on the list in OL call your MA Monday!

Old 08-04-2008, 05:20 AM
mrwickham
2nd Gear
Finally a VIN for me Here relaxing in Jamaica and now I see on OL that I'm scheduled for production. Happy Day. Yeah!!!! Now the real question - do I pay the $2.00 per minute to talk to ASKMINI for completion dates . Or is there a way to check that information online?

Old 08-04-2008, 05:26 AM
mrwickham
2nd Gear
You never know...they might be on the same ship. I think mine is just waiting for yours in the Port parking lot.
Chugiakgirl, As far ahead as you are, I would hope not for your sake. However, that would be cool to have a travel mate.

Now - me thinks I need to come up with a name for the soon to be born mini

Old 08-04-2008, 06:08 AM
PhantomMC
3rd Gear
Production update

Hello Week 32ers:

Well, I have a VIN, and am told by ASKMINI that production has started. As of now, they expect the car to be assembled on the 7th. Nice to hear that something is happening. We all continue to wait, though.

Quick Reply: Week 32 Support Group