1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 32 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 06:47 AM
dcrd
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tu13es
Hm, I just realized that OL has a "review your order". It's missing the clear turn signals and xenon headlights. However, I have 3 different documents from my dealer that show them. I'll just assume OL is wrong, I think. Maybe I'll but my MA. *shrug*

I also found out I have a VIN but still no completion date.
I also thought my mini order was missing a few options but what I didn't realize (after I sent my frantic email to the rep) was that the scrolling bar on the options section is quirky and only highlights if you run your cursor over a very small area on the triangle part. I was then able to click and see the missing 2 options. Had to send a "never mind" followup to my MA
And my mini is born!!! and awaiting transport to the dock!!! per the ASK MINI rep I spoke with this morning. It will come to NYC so now it's time to figure out the tracking for the ships. Anyone else coming into NYC?

MCS, CR/W, DSC, Conv., Cold, Premium, rear fog lights (I need symmetry in my toggles!)

Old 08-04-2008, 06:54 AM
jimj
2nd Gear
I'm still week 32 and ASKMINI said my car is being painted done today. Can't wait, I've been Mini-less since my wife wrecked my MCS in February.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:55 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by dcrd
I also thought my mini order was missing a few options but what I didn't realize (after I sent my frantic email to the rep) was that the scrolling bar on the options section is quirky and only highlights if you run your cursor over a very small area on the triangle part. I was then able to click and see the missing 2 options. Had to send a "never mind" followup to my MA
And my mini is born!!! and awaiting transport to the dock!!! per the ASK MINI rep I spoke with this morning. It will come to NYC so now it's time to figure out the tracking for the ships. Anyone else coming into NYC?

MCS, CR/W, DSC, Conv., Cold, Premium, rear fog lights (I need symmetry in my toggles!)
Congrats!! Ours is on the final assembly line should finish up today!

PS the scroll is very quirky!!!!

Old 08-04-2008, 07:47 AM
tinker_06
4th Gear
well I am confussed.. if your Mini is already born - isn't that week 31 and not 32? I was scheduled for week 32, but it bumped up and started on Tuesday of last week. Today - she is born, (the 4th) and waiting transportation.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:08 AM
dcrd
1st Gear
Originally Posted by tinker_06
well I am confussed.. if your Mini is already born - isn't that week 31 and not 32? I was scheduled for week 32, but it bumped up and started on Tuesday of last week. Today - she is born, (the 4th) and waiting transportation.
It seems like they overlap the weeks a lot. I was originally told week 32 and then when I checked last week (31) I was told it had started the process and would finish up today the 4th. Has anyone looked at the time lapse production video that MiniUSA has on their web site? The robotics are pretty wild.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:09 AM
dcrd
1st Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini
Congrats!! Ours is on the final assembly line should finish up today!

PS the scroll is very quirky!!!!
Congratulations to you too! I think our minis share a birthday

Old 08-04-2008, 08:20 AM
Bemmerondubs
2nd Gear
The first ship leaves today but the next one is scheduled to leave on Aug. 9th. The ship is called the Independance II I believe and Im hoping ill be on it. Sounds like a few people here will be on it aswell. I asked today and they said that sometimes a car is completed and put on a ship in the same day. But since I have an Aug. 6th completion date It should be no big deal to get on that Aug. 9th shipment. Who else is Being completed between today and Aug. 9th?

Old 08-04-2008, 08:37 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by tinker_06
Tinker_06, mine is the same way. I am going with the scheduled week which is 32. It makes very little difference, but since it is the original scheduled week it's what they start with. Mine will finish up today!

Old 08-04-2008, 08:40 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Congratulations to you too! I think our minis share a birthday
Hopefully yes. Everything looks to be going on schedule.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:39 AM
denstep57
1st Gear
In the body shop now! With a completion date of 8/5 (tomorrow)!
Not sure what "in the body shop" entails, but it sounds good anyway!

Old 08-04-2008, 11:19 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by denstep57
In the body shop now! With a completion date of 8/5 (tomorrow)!
Not sure what "in the body shop" entails, but it sounds good anyway!
It means they are welding up the body panels, then it will have a 10 hour stint in the paint shop. Both will probably happen today, since it will go to the assembly line and finish up tomorrow.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:21 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Our baby just rolled out of the assembly line, born 08/04/08. She/he is in the quality check phase according to our MA. Next stop the docks.

PS That was a nine week pregnancy from the time of conception.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Tu13es
5th Gear
Ah ha! You win the prize! Thanks!

Old 08-04-2008, 12:35 PM
dcrd
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Bemmerondubs
The first ship leaves today but the next one is scheduled to leave on Aug. 9th. The ship is called the Independance II I believe and Im hoping ill be on it. Sounds like a few people here will be on it aswell. I asked today and they said that sometimes a car is completed and put on a ship in the same day. But since I have an Aug. 6th completion date It should be no big deal to get on that Aug. 9th shipment. Who else is Being completed between today and Aug. 9th?
I've been eyeing the Independence II also - my car is done and in transport so I'm hoping it will get on the Aug 9 sailing - that's my birthday also so hopefully a good omen! What port is yours going to? My mini will get off in NYC.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:41 PM
dcrd
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Tu13es
Ah ha! You win the prize! Thanks!
Oh good - it sounds like that was the answer. Yes, I was freaking when I couldn't see my last 2 options esp. since the one that was missing was my roof color. I could handle not getting fog lights but I definitely couldn't live with not having a white roof!

Old 08-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Tu13es
5th Gear
It means they are welding up the body panels, then it will have a 10 hour stint in the paint shop. Both will probably happen today, since it will go to the assembly line and finish up tomorrow.
Woohoo! Called today and mine is in the paint shop! Nice to finally get a detailed update.

Old 08-04-2008, 03:02 PM
H8w8in
2nd Gear
Called today and mine is on a truck headed to the dock. They could not tell me which ship it was getting on or when it was leaving the dock. Doh!

Old 08-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mrwickham
Chugiakgirl, As far ahead as you are, I would hope not for your sake. However, that would be cool to have a travel mate.

Now - me thinks I need to come up with a name for the soon to be born mini
Ya never know! I still haven't heard from my MA on the ship. I'm thinking our Mini's are planning an on-board party or something.

Old 08-04-2008, 03:53 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Our baby just rolled out of the assembly line, born 08/04/08. She/he is in the quality check phase according to our MA. Next stop the docks.

PS That was a nine week pregnancy from the time of conception.
That's pretty funny...congratulations to the proud parent!

Old 08-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Bemmerondubs
2nd Gear
I've been eyeing the Independence II also - my car is done and in transport so I'm hoping it will get on the Aug 9 sailing - that's my birthday also so hopefully a good omen! What port is yours going to? My mini will get off in NYC.
Congrats qnd Happy Birthday hopefully ill be on the Independance II with you... My port is supposed to be Georgia so its estimated arrival date to Georgia is the 28th. WIsh it was sooner but I am happy that the day is getting closer anyways. ASKMINI said that it sits at the VDC for about a week going through the final inspection before it gets sent down for me to pick up so I would say its about 4 weeks away for me. Should be sooner for NY though since it takes about 8 days to get there from southhampton. My girlfriend named my car the other day too.... She decided to call it Luigi after the little car in the move Cars. Thought it was funny so Luigi it is

Old 08-04-2008, 04:26 PM
tinker_06
4th Gear
Hey Bemmerondubs, good news.. it actually reaches GA on the 25th, not the 28th. This voyage is also actually 1 day longer then the 'normal' 15 days.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
My MA just wrote me an email and said that we don't know about ship yet and we won't know until it's on it's way to the VPC. What's a VPC? (dumb question I'm sure)

Old 08-04-2008, 05:08 PM
tinker_06
4th Gear
VDC = Vehicle distribution center. here they check it over one last time before it is released to your dealer.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:10 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Chugiakgirl
My MA just wrote me an email and said that we don't know about ship yet and we won't know until it's on it's way to the VPC. What's a VPC? (dumb question I'm sure)
Maybe Vessel Port of Call or destination port.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:11 PM
gbsim
3rd Gear
If you open the 1st Gear Forum and read the Sticky up at the top called How to Track Your Mini, Revised and Expanded you'll get the scoop on VDC, and the whole series of events and codes.

Repeat after me.... patience is a virtue! Ha! Sure!

Quick Reply: Week 32 Support Group