1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 32 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 10:17 PM
LBMCS702
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just ordered on July 9 2008 MCS

I just ordered my S on the 9th of July. How do I figure out what work week the build would be? I check the mini site and it just says ON ORDER.

Laser Blue no stripes
MFSW
White Crown Spoke
White Roof and Mirrors
Gotham Grey Interior
Xenon Lights
Hifi Audio
Checkered Cloth Interior

Edit: K, just read sticky I think I need to wait a few more days and call my rep. Can't Wait !!!

Old 07-19-2008, 04:23 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by LBMCS702
I just ordered my S on the 9th of July. How do I figure out what work week the build would be? I check the mini site and it just says ON ORDER.

Laser Blue no stripes
MFSW
White Crown Spoke
White Roof and Mirrors
Gotham Grey Interior
Xenon Lights
Hifi Audio
Checkered Cloth Interior

Edit: K, just read sticky I think I need to wait a few more days and call my rep. Can't Wait !!!
Your dealer should have that information or call ASKMINI. Also the following thread is very good:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=70301

PS I just read your edit.

Old 07-19-2008, 07:35 AM
Bemmerondubs
2nd Gear
I beat you out for last cooper ordered. I just ordered my Dark silver S yesterday (7-18-08) and I am having some serious thoughts about canceling the order and getting an 09 instead. The reason beating that they told me it would take 8 weeks for the car to come in so I would have a mid September arrival on an 08 car, and the 09 from what I have read are only a month behind. However the premium package of the 08 is more along the lines of what i wanted so if it wasn't for the long delivery time I would not mind taking the 20o8 if it was about 4 weeks delivery which looked pretty standard for the dealer I ordered at. So I was just wondering has it ever really taken 8 weeks for a delivery or was this just some sales tactic to get me to buy a car off the lot instead. They were not willing to reduce the price at all at the time i left the deposit but they told me I might be able to try again when the car comes in. I really don't want to pay full price for a car that will already be a year old when i get it.. any advice?

Old 07-19-2008, 07:41 AM
Calmante
3rd Gear
Bemmer, you should read some of the other threads on here... 8 weeks for a MINI is not that long, from what I'm reading.

Old 07-19-2008, 08:59 AM
Bemmerondubs
2nd Gear
The dealer showed me some of the other files for orderes cars and they came in within about 1 month of the order date. The 8 week arrival time doesnt bother me but what bothers me is that I would basically be getting my car at the same time that the 09's come out. If the car does get here in mid September I am thinking it might be worth paying a little extra and than reordering an 09 if the dealer isnt willing to work with me on the price at all.

Old 07-19-2008, 09:20 AM
Calmante
3rd Gear
If it's something that is going to affect your enjoyment of the car through the years, then maybe you should wait for the 2009, but I'm pretty sure you will have to wait a bit longer. For me, I don't see a problem with buying a 2008 in August of 2008 (but that's me!), since for a base MC, I was told that the earliest I could get an 09 would be late Sept/early Oct (this is not the case for JCW's).

As for "haggling" with your MINI dealer... It's just not going to happen.

Old 07-19-2008, 05:33 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Week 32 here also

Hey all,

I am waiting on an MCS that I ordered on July 9 scheduled for week 32 build as well. My dealer said that if there were a ton of Astro Black Minis being built that it might get pushed into an earlier build, but I'm not counting on it, as I still am just listed as ON ORDER. No Vin no. yet. Ten days has gone pretty slowly. Only 7 more weeks to go.

Old 07-19-2008, 05:58 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Calmante
Bemmer, you should read some of the other threads on here... 8 weeks for a MINI is not that long, from what I'm reading.
Yep. Mine will be almost nine weeks when productions starts the 32 week, then add 4-6 weeks - most likely 6 weeks to get it home. That would be 15 weeks in mid September.

Old 07-19-2008, 06:13 PM
Calmante
3rd Gear
Awesome, Chugiakgirl! Why 7 weeks, though? Does it take that much longer to get to Omaha? I wonder what port that would be...

How many of you Week 32'ers are first-timers like me?

Old 07-19-2008, 06:16 PM
Calmante
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini
Yep. Mine will be almost nine weeks when productions starts the 32 week, then add 4-6 weeks - most likely 6 weeks to get it home. That would be 15 weeks in mid September.

Wow... I guess final destination has a more to do with this than I imagined. I was told to expect delivery in about six weeks, and that was a week ago (on the 12th).

Old 07-19-2008, 10:07 PM
Doc Cooper
3rd Gear
Im thinking about cancelling my week 32 order and wait extra month for 09... i added rear fog lights and completed the conv pck (i didnt for 08.. did a la cart style minus few options so i didnt get conv pck) When i add Cold and Conv pck and rear fog lights, total came out to be extra $250. So $250 extra and extra 4-5 weeks wait is my dilema for 09 titled MCS....

Old 07-20-2008, 04:38 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
How many of you Week 32'ers are first-timers like me?
First time MINI owner.

Wow... I guess final destination has a more to do with this than I imagined. I was told to expect delivery in about six weeks, and that was a week ago (on the 12th).
Six weeks is probably more common than four, but we could get lucky and get them closer to four. I noticed that on the new JCW's that just started to come in, they spent a fair amount of time at the distribution center. They may have been state side in four weeks, but spent at least a week there. Maybe 2 - 6 days before the 32 week, we should see vin numbers. It seems you don't get one until it is almost ready for production.

Old 07-20-2008, 04:43 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Doc Cooper
Im thinking about cancelling my week 32 order and wait extra month for 09... i added rear fog lights and completed the conv pck (i didnt for 08.. did a la cart style minus few options so i didnt get conv pck) When i add Cold and Conv pck and rear fog lights, total came out to be extra $250. So $250 extra and extra 4-5 weeks wait is my dilema for 09 titled MCS....
Have you done the numbers on a 2009 JCW? They are in production already.

Old 07-20-2008, 12:44 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Don't know...

I don't know why 7 weeks, I'm just going off of what my dealer said. They said it would be 8 weeks from the time I ordered it until it arrived. The port is CHSPOA - South Carolina I think?

Old 07-20-2008, 02:02 PM
plutch
2nd Gear
When is week 32? I have my production number but not my VIN number. Anyone know when I can make a last minute change if I need to?

Old 07-20-2008, 02:14 PM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by plutch
When is week 32? I have my production number but not my VIN number. Anyone know when I can make a last minute change if I need to?
Week 32 is Aug 3 I think. I just changed my roof color. My MA said that time to make changes will run out any day now as status changes from ordered to scheduled for production. He also said that changes to how they schedule production could also result in my order getting bumped to a earlier production date, depending on what I have optioned.

Old 07-20-2008, 02:17 PM
plutch
2nd Gear
Thanks Trip!

Old 07-20-2008, 04:19 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Week 32

Yes, week 32 is Aug 3-9 - The 32nd week of the year. I assume that if you need to make changes, you do it quickly because I expect that they're going to be scheduling production PDQ.

Old 07-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Doc Cooper
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini
Have you done the numbers on a 2009 JCW? They are in production already.
Hmm... it is a little over my budget... ill try building one right now.. but similar optioned MCS is definately several thousand less than similarly equipped JCW...

Old 07-21-2008, 06:00 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Two more weeks! I've been counting my week from the 4th -10th. Not that it makes any difference, but MINI probably will not start building on Sunday. Besides that was how my pocket calendar was set up.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:20 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Doc Cooper
Hmm... it is a little over my budget... ill try building one right now.. but similar optioned MCS is definately several thousand less than similarly equipped JCW...
I started mine with the 2008 MCS and then did the 2009 JCW. I wanted a lot of options performance, JCW parts and so on. Some of it came standard in the JCW so look closely at the specs to see if what you want is already there. Even if you got the base model JCW it would be easier to later add to it. Some items like navigation and lights have to been done at the factory, so look to add in only those that cannot be done later. I pretty much loaded mine up, I tend to keep cars for ever. My current car has been in service for 13 years and hopefully this MINI will be with me longer.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:32 PM
RoadTrip2
3rd Gear
Looks like we may be a Week 32 order as well. Just talked to ASK-MINI and they said it looked like Week 32, it was not confirmed yet. Guess we'll hang around here until we hear different...

First Time Mini Owners!

2008 MCS
Triple CR
Punch Carbon Black Leather
Cold Package
16" Bridge Spoke/All Season Tires
DCS
LSD
Xenon
Rear Fog Lamp
Auto AC
Anthracite Headliner
LSW w/Multifunciton
10 Speaker Hi-Fi Sound System
Sirius
Driving Lamps

Old 07-21-2008, 04:22 PM
PhantomMC
3rd Gear
Another Week 32 MINI

Hello, my first post, but I've been lurking here for quite a while. NAM has been incredibly helpful to me in building my MINI. My first one. It's triple pure silver - MC auto - full build in my signature below. Ordered from Cincinnati MINI on July 11th. Was told I'd be in Week 33, then when I called my MA the following Monday to change something in my order, he said I'd been moved up to Week 32. Great news, but it still seems like a long way off.

Been driving a 1989 Honda Prelude (silver of course) since I bought it new in May 1989 - over 19 years, and it's been a great car. Still running great, but I've maintained it well, and it's been garaged the whole 19 years. Don't expect the MINI to last that long, but hope it lasts a good 10 years or more.

I wanted another car that fun to drive - the 'Lude certainly has been. I wanted a car that gets great gas mileage. And I wanted a car that would be reliable and last a long time. I know the MINI will win big on the first 2, and hope it will be a reliable car for many years.

Only mods I expect to make when I get it will be a stubby antenna, and replace the chrome grill with the JCW upper grill (black) which will tone the car down a bit. I'm more on the stealth side than the bling side of silver.

Anyway, nice to meet everyone on this thread. Let the waiting begin!

Old 07-21-2008, 04:56 PM
Calmante
3rd Gear
Hi Phantom,

We have a bit in common. Big Honda lover here, too.

By the way, I called ASK MINI today, and I don't know if I misunderstood, but I could have sworn he said that there are Weeks 33 & 34 for 2008's now. Anyone else hear this?

Old 07-21-2008, 05:44 PM
PhantomMC
3rd Gear
By the way, I called ASK MINI today, and I don't know if I misunderstood, but I could have sworn he said that there are Weeks 33 & 34 for 2008's now. Anyone else hear this?
I got the impression when I placed my order that 2008 hardtops - MC and MCS would be produced at least through Week 34 and maybe Week 35 (which would be the end of August). I was originally scheduled for Week 33.

Quick Reply: Week 32 Support Group