1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 32 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 08:42 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Bemmerondubs
Thats not so bad than. They are about 6 hours ahead of us so its only about 1 day and a half for it to get the the dock and leave I really hope im on that next ship. Any idea when I should be able to start tracking my vehicle through the WW website?
Probably after it's loaded on a ship. If they end up on the K-Line ship we may not be able to do much more than know it's loaded.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:09 AM
tinker_06
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my phone message has remained the same for the last 2 days... "your order has been complete and is waiting to be released to a carrier"... Ask-Mini phone rep's are NOT even seeing this... for the last 3 days they are showing it is in the Quality Inspection phase.. so the phone is ahead of them..??

They didn't know why it's not updating (makes me worried!!) and told me to contact my MA. I emailed him and waiting to hear back.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:22 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by tinker_06
my phone message has remained the same for the last 2 days... "your order has been complete and is waiting to be released to a carrier"... Ask-Mini phone rep's are NOT even seeing this... for the last 3 days they are showing it is in the Quality Inspection phase.. so the phone is ahead of them..??

They didn't know why it's not updating (makes me worried!!) and told me to contact my MA. I emailed him and waiting to hear back.
It's fine they have a lot of MINIs to process, and I noticed the messages do seem to vary. But do check with your MA, they may even tell you it's on the way to the port or already sitting at the dock.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:58 AM
PhantomMC
3rd Gear
AskMINI problems?

Calling AskMINI for the past 3 days has not been very helpful. Monday I was told my car should be assembled on Thursday, Aug 7th - and that's all they could tell me. Yesterday, the system was down. Today, it seems the system they use is not being updated, so all I know is that my car is supposed to be assembled tomorrow. I hope others are having a less frustrating time getting information this week.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:33 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by PhantomMC
Calling AskMINI for the past 3 days has not been very helpful. Monday I was told my car should be assembled on Thursday, Aug 7th - and that's all they could tell me. Yesterday, the system was down. Today, it seems the system they use is not being updated, so all I know is that my car is supposed to be assembled tomorrow. I hope others are having a less frustrating time getting information this week.
Did you try both automated and live at ASKMINI? Your MINI is mostlikely in the paint shop right now.

Old 08-06-2008, 01:28 PM
denstep57
1st Gear
Originally Posted by plutch
I went to Portland to get mine, hated my experience with NW Mini. I have already planned a trip from Portland and through Central Oregon to Bend!
Haven't had any issues with NW MINI. Not yet anyway. So far, so good.

At least you'll get yours a day or two earlier than me!

Old 08-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Calmante
3rd Gear
Just confirmed with ASK MINI that my MINI was completed today and was released to the carrier! I hope it makes it to the port in time to catch the Independence II!!!

Old 08-06-2008, 01:53 PM
tinker_06
4th Gear
Still nothing.. same info, completed on the 4th, and waiting to be released to a carrier. I just spoke to another live person, and all they show is that it was complete. He said they can't really see beyond this point, and the rest of the process information should be picked up by my MA. I think my MA is off on Weds. so I still don't know if it is just sitting at the Mini plant.. or if possibly it did get released. Not sure I'll make the upcoming ship.. and to make it worse, the 'other' car I ordered just 3 days prior arrives in GA on the 14th!!!!

Old 08-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Bemmerondubs
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Calmante
Just confirmed with ASK MINI that my MINI was completed today and was released to the carrier! I hope it makes it to the port in time to catch the Independence II!!!
Congrats... Looks like we will probablly end up on the same ship. I was completed yesterday and the Independance II leaves on the 8th so i think well be on it. How can you confirm that your car is on a ship?

Old 08-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Tu13es
5th Gear
OL says "scheduled for production"
MINIUSA automated says "released to carrier"
MINIUSA live says "at the port"

I'll take the last one, please!

+1 on the "how can you confirm that your car is on a ship" question.

Old 08-06-2008, 02:53 PM
tinker_06
4th Gear
well.. I think something is holding mine up.. as now both times I spoke with Miniusa live, they told me to contact my MA as he would have more info. Gee, I wish I wanted the sunroof, because I would just take my original order at this point!

Old 08-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Tu13es
5th Gear
well.. I think something is holding mine up.. as now both times I spoke with Miniusa live, they told me to contact my MA as he would have more info. Gee, I wish I wanted the sunroof, because I would just take my original order at this point!
I was once told that they would be able to provide any more information until the car was finished production and didn't know when production would start. The next day or two later they told me it was in the paint shop.

It may just be a clueless rep (or two, or three), but if they all give you the same spiel then call your MA and see what's up.

Old 08-06-2008, 04:00 PM
tinker_06
4th Gear
okay - this is weird! I called the phone ask mini, entered my production number and it said I "scheduled for production with completion Aug. 11th" !! freaking out a bit now... so I press 0 to speak with a live person. They told me that is is showing that it is STILL in the Quality Assurance point (now for 2 + days) and that the 'recycle' production numbers.. which I find very hard to believe since my order still is showing the production # online and with my dealer! The rep really couldn't answer anything, because that is what it shows in his system, and he can't get any other info. So I asked "if I call again and use the VIN #, will that give me the correct message" he said "yes". So I immediately call back, and use the VIN # with the Automated Mini.. and it tells me to hold.. it is transferring me to customer assistance. I get another rep (who I hardly can hear) and he has all the info right in front of him without me giving him anything. He put me on hold, and comes back and said the same thing as the other rep.. it's in QA dept... that's all he knows.

So... I am upset! My MA is off today, and now I have no clue what is going on. Because I am a little ( okay.. maybe a lot ) OCD with this car - I call back again and use my production number - and it tells me the OLD message, "I am complete and waiting to be released to a carrier" so I am in limbo... until my MA can shed some light on this. You all are getting current messages, and I am stuck!

Old 08-06-2008, 06:59 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
So... I am upset! My MA is off today, and now I have no clue what is going on. Because I am a little ( okay.. maybe a lot ) OCD with this car - I call back again and use my production number - and it tells me the OLD message, "I am complete and waiting to be released to a carrier" so I am in limbo... until my MA can shed some light on this. You all are getting current messages, and I am stuck!
I feel your pain. I've been waiting to hear about my MCS as well. I know it was completed on the 31st. Almost 1 week later and my MA still has no information. I'm guessing it is just sitting at the port waiting to board (hopefully the Independence II on Friday). But my MA has no information. Ask Mini has no information. And speaking of OCD...yes...I too am afflicted. Hang in there. I'm sure we'll be seeing our cars within the month.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:11 PM
Doc Cooper
3rd Gear
My car is in the PAINT shop... still planned to be finished 8/7/08

Old 08-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Calmante
3rd Gear
Tinker, that stinks... I'm sorry.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Tank
1st Gear
Tinker,
I'm being told the same thing by my MA...Aug 11th build date. Look at it this way...One of our cars may be the very last off the line in 2008. A dubious honor perhaps.

Tank

okay - this is weird! I called the phone ask mini, entered my production number and it said I "scheduled for production with completion Aug. 11th" !! freaking out a bit now... so I press 0 to speak with a live person. They told me that is is showing that it is STILL in the Quality Assurance point (now for 2 + days) and that the 'recycle' production numbers.. which I find very hard to believe since my order still is showing the production # online and with my dealer! The rep really couldn't answer anything, because that is what it shows in his system, and he can't get any other info. So I asked "if I call again and use the VIN #, will that give me the correct message" he said "yes". So I immediately call back, and use the VIN # with the Automated Mini.. and it tells me to hold.. it is transferring me to customer assistance. I get another rep (who I hardly can hear) and he has all the info right in front of him without me giving him anything. He put me on hold, and comes back and said the same thing as the other rep.. it's in QA dept... that's all he knows.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Tank
1st Gear
It looks like a "Week 33" post is up and running. I was told that Week 32 was the last build week of the year. I guess that's not the case. Here's a link...

Old 08-06-2008, 11:22 PM
plutch
2nd Gear
Denstep who was your MA at NW Mini?

Old 08-07-2008, 04:12 AM
Calmante
3rd Gear
Check the WW tracking page, people!!!! I am booked on the Independence II!!!! Check it out, Tinker, maybe you made it on, too?

Old 08-07-2008, 04:25 AM
tinker_06
4th Gear
Chugiakgirl, where is your Mini at when you call the automated phone? And what do they tell you when you speak to a person at Ask-Mini? I imagine this limbo of not knowing where you are either is driving you crazy as well!

Todd, it's for surely already built - I did confirm this, had the Vin since July 27th (week 31 production actually) it IS completed on 8/4 (week 32) and now it's somewhere! However, good luck with your build!! May you have more patience than I!

I spoke again last night to 2 other people, and they all confirmed it is built and in the last phase of their production and waiting for a train to pick her up... so maybe she is buried in the back.. hopefully my MA will be able to give me more information! As of this AM and last night, I haven't received the message that I am "in production". (that freaked me out) I get the same message - "your order is complete and waiting to be released to the carrier". I am holding onto hope that there is a chance I'll make it on the Independence II... I wish they had more info!

Old 08-07-2008, 04:26 AM
tinker_06
4th Gear
Calmante!! CONGRATS!!! I am happy for you, sad for me.. as I am not on it yet!

Old 08-07-2008, 05:05 AM
Tu13es
5th Gear
Woohoo, booked for the Independence II as well! Looks like it hits port at NYC the 18th. How long for it to get to my Boston-area dealer? Couple days?

Old 08-07-2008, 05:34 AM
tinker_06
4th Gear
Tu13es, congrats to you too! I am waiting for my MA to get back to me.. but I guess I am trying NOT to worry if I make it on the Independence or not, since the other ship FIDELIO is next up, and even though it leaves 4 days later, it arrives to my port just one day later than the Independence II. Oh this wait is HARD!

Old 08-07-2008, 05:47 AM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
My car is still scheduled to be done by Aug 9. I haven't called in the past couple days, but I'm not too worried abut it either since I'm on a plan to not take early delivery.

I'm in a hotel right now in Rockford, IL...on my way to Road America...should be there by around lunchtime to see the REAL cars of tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Week 32 Support Group