1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 32 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 05:28 AM
tinker_06
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey everyone, don't forget to update the status list and include your ship... if you are lucky enough to have got on one!

sikamini.. our Vin's aren't showing, I think we are going to be standing at the docks waving bon voyage to some of our brothers and sisters!

Anyway.. I am narrowing down 'her' name.. Penelope (nice British name) is a front runner, as well as Lucy, and Isabelle ... what ya think?

Old 08-08-2008, 05:38 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by tinker_06
Hey everyone, don't forget to update the status list and include your ship... if you are lucky enough to have got on one!

sikamini.. our Vin's aren't showing, I think we are going to be standing at the docks waving bon voyage to some of our brothers and sisters!

Anyway.. I am narrowing down 'her' name.. Penelope (nice British name) is a front runner, as well as Lucy, and Isabelle ... what ya think?
Tinker, these ships are huge the Western Highway holds 3,893 units (cars). MINI's probably a bit more. The Independence II may have even a bigger capacity. Let's just see what happens today.

Western Higway 188m x 28m x 7.9m 3,893 unit capacity.
Independence II 200m x 32m x 8.7m @5,000 unit capacity

Lucy in the sky....was it Beatles. Both names are nice. Lucy is short, I think you'll just have to ask her when you meet!

Last edited by sikamini; 08-08-2008 at 05:47 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:56 AM
tinker_06
4th Gear
What's the Western Highway? A Kline ship? If so, I was told that the Kline doesn't go into GA, only WWline...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for today. At least the automated phone message has FINALLY changed to 'released to carrier'. They were so confused themselves with my status as it was showing multiple things.. 1) complete, 2) scheduled for production and 3) in production! They had to put me on hold to get a supervisor to take a look, and then came back and said they truthfully didn't know! I guess it was a computer thing.. but I have been released officially yesterday, and confirmed SEVERAL times! LOL

Yeah, I need to meet her first - then I'll know! "Lucy in the sky...' remember that song well!

Old 08-08-2008, 06:10 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Tinker, you have a good shot at being on the Independence II, it's huge.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:12 AM
jimj
2nd Gear
[quote=Doc Cooper;2412694]Wow.. a full week later.. + 21 days of sailing + a week at VDC possibly = 2nd week of September... just as I thought.. Long away... sigh..

Hey Doc,
We'll be waitin' a little longer.
It's 23 days from South Hampton to Port Hueneme according to the WW website. The "Maersk Wind" ship is scheduled to arrive on 9/5 at Port Hueneme. Some of the other ships do it in 20 days.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:39 AM
H8w8in
2nd Gear
So , just to make sure i'm doing it right you go the WW website then tracking , then auto cargo and thats where you put your vin #?

Old 08-08-2008, 07:43 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by H8w8in
So , just to make sure i'm doing it right you go the WW website then tracking , then auto cargo and thats where you put your vin #?
Yep!

Old 08-08-2008, 07:55 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Looks like Western Highway is getting ready to sail. Good luck to those on board, next stop Baltimore! It's 15:55 in Southampton. She has just started to move away at 16:05!

Week 32 Support Group-western_highway02.jpg

Last edited by sikamini; 08-08-2008 at 08:33 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:38 AM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Reldieh
There was a thread in the General Talk forum on exactly that topic.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=149158
thanks!

Old 08-08-2008, 08:41 AM
Doc Cooper
3rd Gear
[quote=jimj;2412910]
Originally Posted by Doc Cooper
Wow.. a full week later.. + 21 days of sailing + a week at VDC possibly = 2nd week of September... just as I thought.. Long away... sigh..

Hey Doc,
We'll be waitin' a little longer.
It's 23 days from South Hampton to Port Hueneme according to the WW website. The "Maersk Wind" ship is scheduled to arrive on 9/5 at Port Hueneme. Some of the other ships do it in 20 days.

9/5?? ok.. ill live with extra two days.. but after arriving, who knows how long VDC will hold the car.... up to a week... then delivery... Im looking at 3rd week of Sep now...

Old 08-08-2008, 08:42 AM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Holy crap...I just talked to my MA and he talked to the port and it doesn't look like I'm going to make it onto the Independence II. Apparently there are only 20 cars scheduled to come to our dealership and that has something to do with how they ship. It sounds like they're waiting for more to be finished before loading them onto a ship. So much for getting done early (31st) and getting the car earlier than expected. 8 days at the port and now more waiting. UGH.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:50 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Chugiakgirl
Holy crap...I just talked to my MA and he talked to the port and it doesn't look like I'm going to make it onto the Independence II. Apparently there are only 20 cars scheduled to come to our dealership and that has something to do with how they ship. It sounds like they're waiting for more to be finished before loading them onto a ship. So much for getting done early (31st) and getting the car earlier than expected. 8 days at the port and now more waiting. UGH.
He may be wrong on what is coming. You may already be loaded!

Old 08-08-2008, 09:29 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
For those watching for Fidelio she is in Gothenburg.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:45 AM
msvic
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Doc Cooper
Wow.. a full week later.. + 21 days of sailing + a week at VDC possibly = 2nd week of September... just as I thought.. Long away... sigh.. Did i tell you guys I made this order BEGINNING of July... its just that my dealer (Southbay) doesnt charge above MSRP. This is what i get i guess.. Almost 2.5 month if it gets here middle of sept....

Would you guys have paid over MSRP to have your car in 6 wks or wait like me and pay MSRP....

I'll do that definately. It sucks that our ship is leaving so late...
Hey don't feel bad, I ordered 6/23!!! What really sucks is that my MA told me it would be here in 8 weeks. I also had the chioce of spending a little more, but that dealer was a large one, and their cars average 6 to seven weeks. Oh well, too late now. I really hope we get on this ship, otherwise it could be a very long wait!!!

Old 08-08-2008, 09:51 AM
twieland
1st Gear
Crap indeed ... I'm assuming that means I won't be making it onto either the Western Highway or Independence II either. This stinks.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:19 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Independence II just undocked at 18:14 local time in Southampton, heading for New York, safe trip everyone! Hope some of you are on board!

Old 08-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini
He may be wrong on what is coming. You may already be loaded!
I hope you're right, but I looked up my vin number on WW and it isn't showing up as such. I wonder how long it takes to show up on their site? Any idea?

Old 08-08-2008, 10:36 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Well, Western Highway and Independence II are off. Next ships for Charleston are the Caribbean Highway 08/15 and Patriot 08/16. For Charleston travelers this is our next shot if we missed the boat. Guess I'll go find something to take my mind off this, before I go more insane than I already am!

Old 08-08-2008, 10:44 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
I hope you're right, but I looked up my vin number on WW and it isn't showing up as such. I wonder how long it takes to show up on their site? Any idea?
Neither is ours, I keep looking,but nothing! Could be a couple of days or more, best to check with the MA when you can. Keep an eye on the OL maybe it will update status to show it's on a vessel. The OL actually updated when ours left the factory to the port in 24 hours, so miracles do happen. Let's see what happens.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:51 AM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini
Neither is ours, I keep looking,but nothing! Could be a couple of days or more, best to check with the MA when you can. Keep an eye on the OL maybe it will update status to show it's on a vessel. The OL actually updated when ours left the factory to the port in 24 hours, so miracles do happen. Let's see what happens.
Heh heh. The miracle that will happen is that my car will be ready for me to pick up the last week of August! My dealer said that it most likely would be...but if it isn't on the Independence II, how that's going to be possible??? Maybe they're going to BEAM IT to the states. ::whine::

Last edited by Chugiakgirl; 08-30-2008 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:11 AM
Calmante
3rd Gear
From what I've been reading around the net, it's not quite as random as we're thinking (this whole getting-on-a-ship thing). Apparently, these slots are booked well in advance and belong to the local MINI dealerships, so even if the car gets to port well in advance, it still has to wait for the ship that it was booked on, sometimes months ahead of time... (not saying they wait months at the dock)

Hugs to everyone that didn't make it onto I-II...

Last edited by Calmante; 08-08-2008 at 11:24 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:02 PM
tinker_06
4th Gear
I am not on the Independence either.. I tracked the other 2 cars, and they definitely both showed up before the ship sailed.. so I think we missed this boat. I am hoping I get on Fidelio....

Well, I had a little Mini fun! Hubby is thinking of getting a Clubman, so we went to a local car dealer who had a 2006 on the lot, and test drove it again! He thought it had a bit of road noise (run-flats) he is sure... I didn't notice it. He loves the way it handles.. and I love it - and can't wait! I did look at the armrest again, and although I ordered it - I probably will end up replacing it. I see what people mean by it sliding open. Not a big issue, and maybe I was examining it a bit too close!

Old 08-08-2008, 12:08 PM
tinker_06
4th Gear
Calmante, I think that is partly true, however, that 2nd car I ordered was booked only the next day, and car#1 was booked a month ahead.. car#2 was loaded and on it's way to the US a week before car#1.. I am clueless!

Well, I just called ASK_MINI - don't know why, there is really nothing else they can tell me. My car is "with the carrier" still.. and can stay that way for a few days.. but I am hopeful - I will be on the next ship coming to GA!

Chugiagirl, gosh - I really feel bad for you, it just sucks watching other Mini's born after yours head home to their mama's & papa's!

Old 08-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by tinker_06
Calmante, I think that is partly true, however, that 2nd car I ordered was booked only the next day, and car#1 was booked a month ahead.. car#2 was loaded and on it's way to the US a week before car#1.. I am clueless!

Well, I just called ASK_MINI - don't know why, there is really nothing else they can tell me. My car is "with the carrier" still.. and can stay that way for a few days.. but I am hopeful - I will be on the next ship coming to GA!

Chugiagirl, gosh - I really feel bad for you, it just sucks watching other Mini's born after yours head home to their mama's & papa's!
Yeah, it stinks, but I'm sure I'll get the car eventually. I just need to try to come up with something else to think about for the next 4-5 weeks.

Old 08-08-2008, 12:28 PM
denstep57
1st Gear
I keep checking and what I get is:

No tracking information is available for the Cargo ID you entered

Quick Reply: Week 32 Support Group