1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 32 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 01:32 PM
Calmante
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, this is what I've discovered... Every single MINI that was loaded onto Independence II is New York VDC-bound. After the 18th, there are no MINIs left on board.

I glanced back through the thread, and there are three posters that got on the I-II (and probably tons of unregistered lurkers!).

Old 08-10-2008, 01:43 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by tinker_06
I imagine that they scan each car into their system's inventory/booking. So I wait... and my 'baby' is just staring out into the horizon waiting for her ship to come in.
Bemmerondus, as long as we do get on Fidelio it's no big deal (but one day) that we missed the Independence. My MA said I was booked on the NEXT ship.. and I assume that is Fidelio!! ** fingers crossed **
Anyway - I want him to trade it in so he doesn't take use my car!! I told him I am not sharing it, and I think he knows I am serious! (I am !!) Okay - back to the Prima Products. My car had some fancy treatment on it, so it still is very shiny, and I didn't really see much difference in the wax or Hydro. (did make a big difference on the test spot I did to hubby's dark green truck). However, the Clarity glass cleaner and Black Wow are FANTASTIC!!! I am really loving the clarity - my windows never looked so clear!!
You're probably right. But on the bright side, I do think we have a good opportunity to be on a ship sometime this week.
Yes, no sharing, he can get his own MINI and $21k should be just enough for him since he has been so skeptical. Then when the MINI bug hits him we can sit back and laugh.
I need to talk to my wife, she does not realize that we need some cleaning stuff for baby. I've been doing some tests on my old car too and makeing a list of needed supplies.

Old 08-10-2008, 01:44 PM
tinker_06
4th Gear
WOW Calmante, that's very interesting indeed! Was it the WW's website that revealed this info? I'd like to look up up the other 2 cars I ordered and cancelled - with production #'s 6746158 & 6757528. I still don't know why the first car never made it on the same ship as the 2nd one - both going to the same port!

Old 08-10-2008, 01:45 PM
tinker_06
4th Gear
yeah Sikamini - he can get his own!!! LOL

Old 08-10-2008, 01:47 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Calmante
Well, this is what I've discovered... Every single MINI that was loaded onto Independence II is New York VDC-bound. After the 18th, there are no MINIs left on board.

I glanced back through the thread, and there are three posters that got on the I-II (and probably tons of unregistered lurkers!).
That's very interesting.

Old 08-10-2008, 01:53 PM
tinker_06
4th Gear
hummm I just tracked those 2 other cars, and on the first ship (with car #2) it shows 67 mini's - all going to GA. The second car shows 315 Mini's, and from what I can tell - all going to GA. So I am thinking that they booking number somehow is tied to the port, and that there actually may be more Mini's onboard, under different booking numbers - which are going to a different port. (does anything I just typed make sense!!?/)

Old 08-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Calmante
3rd Gear
Yes, that makes sense. But I'm thinking that might add up to more MINIs than are sold in a given year?

Old 08-10-2008, 02:13 PM
Bemmerondubs
2nd Gear
Does that mean that there will be a high concentration of the MINI's going to the Georgia port on the Fidelio?

Old 08-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Calmante
3rd Gear
I keep editing my sig... I hope no one minds that I borrow ideas from others!

Old 08-10-2008, 02:42 PM
Tu13es
5th Gear
Do we have any tracking info on the I-II yet? I guess I'd probably be better off without it so I'm not refreshing the page every few minutes.

Old 08-10-2008, 03:07 PM
tinker_06
4th Gear
Calmante, I like the signature - and the information! It's nice to look at a glace as to when you placed your order, how fast it went from production to ship! Gee.. Ian Fleming-Smith was born AFTER a lot of ours and made it to the port and on the ship - FAST!! okay - I'll admit - I am a little jealous!!

Vin still not showing up - I'll be checking again today and I am sure all day Monday and Tuesday!!

Old 08-10-2008, 03:25 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
hummm I just tracked those 2 other cars, and on the first ship (with car #2) it shows 67 mini's - all going to GA. The second car shows 315 Mini's, and from what I can tell - all going to GA. So I am thinking that they booking number somehow is tied to the port, and that there actually may be more Mini's onboard, under different booking numbers - which are going to a different port. (does anything I just typed make sense!!?/)
I think it makes a lot of sense. There has to be some MINIs going to those othe ports. They probably are booked by ports and until we find someone in the same port we will not know how many are going there. Hey, all lurkers on post your info!

Yes, that makes sense. But I'm thinking that might add up to more MINIs than are sold in a given year?
Just a thought, but MINIs are sold out in many places, and we don't know how many have been sitting at Southampton sun tanning themselves for two weeks or more. Last week I noticed someone in week 29 was not sure if they were on a ship or not, there is probably a slight back log of MINIs.

Calmante, I like the signature - and the information! It's nice to look at a glace as to when you placed your order, how fast it went from production to ship! Gee.. Ian Fleming-Smith was born AFTER a lot of ours and made it to the port and on the ship - FAST!! okay - I'll admit - I am a little jealous!!

Vin still not showing up - I'll be checking again today and I am sure all day Monday and Tuesday!!
I think we should all be jealous of Calmante. On the other hand, I do think his dealer would have had that slot anyway, so I am glad it's going to him.

Old 08-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear

Great info! That makes sense now. Glad to know that they just didn't forget about me.

Old 08-10-2008, 03:40 PM
kechman8
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini
About two days min. Don't expect to see the messages change that quick. Talk to ASKMINI or your MA in person. What's your port?
Thanks. I have my fingers and toes crossed. Since I'm in CA, it'll be Port Hueneme.

Old 08-10-2008, 03:41 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Western Highway reported at lat N 42 degrees 30 minutes and long W 017 degrees 06 minutes, run 490 nautical miles!

Old 08-10-2008, 03:49 PM
rtwerk222
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by kechman8
Hi all - been hoping all week that my car will complete production and make it on Maersk Wind. Can anyone tell me how long it took from 'paint shop' status to arrive at port? The ASKMINI automated message is telling me Trooper is in the paint shop right now, but am hoping the message is lagging real-time status. Thanks!
If your auto was started on the 4th, as was mine, you should be able to make it on the Maersk Wind, which sails on Aug. 13th. West Coasters have a three week voyage to Port Huemene

Old 08-10-2008, 03:50 PM
gbsim
3rd Gear
PS colors are important too!
Boy you are right about that! Laser blue and red were the only two colors I was deciding between. It would be a dealbreaker for me! Of course I really love the oxygen blue, but it isn't in an S.
And I do like the black and brown, but have an opensided carport and drive in dusty areas, so didn't want to hassle with the dust showing!

'08 Laser Blue/Silver Clubman S on order, born Aug 2

Old 08-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Just checked the weather in Southampton...rain, followed by rain, rain and rain until Saturday. At least we'll find out if our sunroofs are leak proof. Temps have been in the low 60's. I thought as long as we were obsessing over our Minis, I could obsess over the weather as well.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:36 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Chugiakgirl
Just checked the weather in Southampton...rain, followed by rain, rain and rain until Saturday. At least we'll find out if our sunroofs are leak proof. Temps have been in the low 60's. I thought as long as we were obsessing over our Minis, I could obsess over the weather as well.
Low 60's and cool rain, beats the 90's in Houston.

Old 08-10-2008, 07:10 PM
mrwickham
2nd Gear
Low 60's and cool rain, beats the 90's in Houston.
60s in England - Bloody typical. I'm a ex-pat so know all to well the wonderful liquid sunshine that is an English summer. The good news is that the weather certainly won't stop the Brits from getting our babies over to us as quick as they can.

Old 08-10-2008, 10:42 PM
denstep57
1st Gear
I'm wondering how long before loading will it appear on the WW cargo tracker?? Hoping to be on Maersk Wind leaving on the 13th; but it's still coming up No tracking information is available for the Cargo ID you entered

Would hate to have to wait for the next one on 8/23; but I guess if I gotta, then I just gotta.

Old 08-10-2008, 10:51 PM
kechman8
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by rtwerk222
If your auto was started on the 4th, as was mine, you should be able to make it on the Maersk Wind, which sails on Aug. 13th. West Coasters have a three week voyage to Port Huemene
yep - I think prod did start on the 4th for mine. Hope both our cars get on the 'Wind!

Old 08-11-2008, 03:58 AM
tinker_06
4th Gear
I just this minute checked my Vin on WW's site - I AM ON THE FIDELIO!!!!

Wow, I am excited about this!! Hope others are going to be on this voyage as well.

Old 08-11-2008, 04:01 AM
tinker_06
4th Gear
I'm wondering how long before loading will it appear on the WW cargo tracker?? Hoping to be on Maersk Wind leaving on the 13th; but it's still coming up I'm wondering how long before loading will it appear on the WW cargo tracker?? Hoping to be on Maersk Wind leaving on the 13th; but it's still coming up No tracking information is available for the Cargo ID you entered
Same info I was getting.. and I checked last night before I went to bed, and still was showing I'm wondering how long before loading will it appear on the WW cargo tracker?? Hoping to be on Maersk Wind leaving on the 13th; but it's still coming up No tracking information is available for the Cargo ID you entered.

My ship is sailing tomorrow, and it just now showed up this morning. Keep your fingers crossed!!

Old 08-11-2008, 04:24 AM
tinker_06
4th Gear
so far... there is 89 other Mini's heading to the GA port!

Quick Reply: Week 32 Support Group