1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 32 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 04:36 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Congrats Tinker!!!!

Independence II reported Aug 11th 06:00 UTC at lat North 55 degrees 06 minutes long West 019 minutes 36 minutes. Taking a northern route.

Western Highway reported Aug 11th 05:50 UTC at lat North 41 degrees 48 minutes long West 021 degrees 18 minutes. Taking a southern route

Old 08-11-2008, 04:47 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Tinker, Fidelio was last spotted in Zeeland near the English Channel. It may start to head to Southampton soon.

Old 08-11-2008, 05:21 AM
tinker_06
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
woohoo! How exciting is this!!? Really, I feel like this Mini purchase is consuming every waking and sleeping moment! Seriously.. I have had dreams about Mini Coopers! Can't recall them - just know I wake up and a Mini was in my dreams... hope they aren't going to confine me to a mental unit!

This really has been difficult wait... and now I just need to sit back and let the next 2½ weeks go by. I need to seriously focus on something else!

Old 08-11-2008, 06:08 AM
twieland
1st Gear
Originally Posted by tinker_06
I just this minute checked my Vin on WW's site - I AM ON THE FIDELIO!!!!

Wow, I am excited about this!! Hope others are going to be on this voyage as well.
Congrats Tinker! You got me all excited when I read your post, so I went and checked, but nothing is showing up for me (yet). I'm still clinging to hope that somehow I possibly made it onto the Western Highway last week, but really doubtful ... hoping to get on the Patriot this Friday!

Last edited by twieland; 08-11-2008 at 06:14 AM.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:47 AM
Bemmerondubs
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tinker_06
woohoo! How exciting is this!!? Really, I feel like this Mini purchase is consuming every waking and sleeping moment! Seriously.. I have had dreams about Mini Coopers! Can't recall them - just know I wake up and a Mini was in my dreams... hope they aren't going to confine me to a mental unit!

This really has been difficult wait... and now I just need to sit back and let the next 2½ weeks go by. I need to seriously focus on something else!
WOOOOOOO JUST FOUND OUT I GOT BOOKED FOR FIDELIO TOO!!!!

I am even more excited now than before. So it looks like our MINI's will be heading over the pond together tinker!! Im hopeing to have it the first week of September.

Anyone planning on starting an "All Aboard Fidelio" thread?

Old 08-11-2008, 06:56 AM
Bemmerondubs
2nd Gear
I found this link to a pretty good checkilist of things too look for when picking up our cars that i thought everyone would find usefull so Im posting it here for those that might want print it

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=92420

Old 08-11-2008, 07:19 AM
Tu13es
5th Gear
My MA just called to give me the "two weeks warning". He said once they get the car into the dealer it "takes a few days to get the papers in". Anyone know what he meant by this?

Old 08-11-2008, 07:42 AM
gbsim
3rd Gear
Way to go Tinker and bemmer!!! Wish Fidelio was making a stop in Charleston!
I've got fingers and toes crossed for the Kline (can't remember the name) and the Patriot this week.
Tues.... does the two week warning mean that you are on a boat?

08 Laser Blue/Silver Clubman S etc, etc

Old 08-11-2008, 08:00 AM
RoadTrip2
3rd Gear
ASK-MINI status this morning says we are at the port - does that mean we are at Southampton waiting for the Fidelio? How can we find out?

Old 08-11-2008, 08:19 AM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by twieland
Congrats Tinker! You got me all excited when I read your post, so I went and checked, but nothing is showing up for me (yet). I'm still clinging to hope that somehow I possibly made it onto the Western Highway last week, but really doubtful ... hoping to get on the Patriot this Friday!
Based on our Dealership's comments to me last week, I'm under the assumption that we're (Omaha) all going to ship together. I'm hoping for the Patriot on Friday as well!

Old 08-11-2008, 08:22 AM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by RoadTrip2
ASK-MINI status this morning says we are at the port - does that mean we are at Southampton waiting for the Fidelio? How can we find out?
You really can't find out any more until you get booked onto a ship. I've been sitting at the port since July 31 (not to be a bummer for you or anything ). ASK MINI can't tell me anything more than that. I'm hoping to get on the Patriot this Friday.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:32 AM
gbsim
3rd Gear
Even though I could look up the VIN on the WW/Patriot, I'm hoping for the KLine Carribean Highway since it gets in to Charleston 3 days sooner!!

I still haven't placed my washing/detailing supplies order! I think I'm procrastinating til I know that my car is onboard.

08 Laser Blue/Silver Clubman S, etc, etc

Old 08-11-2008, 08:59 AM
tinker_06
4th Gear
RoadTrip, what port are scheduled for? Did you try the WW's site with your Vin #?

Bemmer, your DS/B & my PW/B will have to meet at the buffet! Hope there is lots of good food on board for our journey across the pond!

I all hope everyone else gets on a ship - or is already on one! This whole waiting/patience game is extremely stressful!

I still think that they must be processing the Mini's now, so there still most definitely is time to get on the Fidelio!

Old 08-11-2008, 09:43 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Tu13es
My MA just called to give me the "two weeks warning". He said once they get the car into the dealer it "takes a few days to get the papers in". Anyone know what he meant by this?
I would guess he expects to have your MINI in 2 weeks + Xdays, congrats!

Old 08-11-2008, 10:30 AM
Tu13es
5th Gear
Originally Posted by gbsim
Tues.... does the two week warning mean that you are on a boat?
Yes, I am on the I-II.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:21 AM
RoadTrip2
3rd Gear
Tinker 06,

Not sure what port we are scheduled for -- how can I find out?

I did go to the WW's site to check VIN and received this message: "No tracking information is available for the Cargo ID you entered".

I'll check again later.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:36 AM
tinker_06
4th Gear
RoadTrip, look at your paperwork your dealer gave you, it tells a lot like your production # and what port your are scheduled for. Look for the Port Loc -

-Halifax, Nova Scotia (Port Loc = ?) : WW, ~6 days for transport
-New York City, NY (Port Loc = NYCPOA) : WW, ~8 days for transport (truly based in Jersey City, NJ)
-Charleston, SC (Port Loc = CHSPOA) : WW and K-Line, ~15 days on WW, ~13 days on K-Line
-Brunswick, GA (Port Loc = SSIPOA) : WW, ~17 days for transport (thanks to Bandit for the Loc Code!)
-Manzanillo, a.k.a. Panama Canal (Point of reference only) : WW, ~13 days
-Port Hueneme, CA (Port Loc = PHMPOA): WW, ~21 days for transport (thanks krim

Old 08-11-2008, 12:17 PM
twieland
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Chugiakgirl
You really can't find out any more until you get booked onto a ship. I've been sitting at the port since July 31 (not to be a bummer for you or anything ). ASK MINI can't tell me anything more than that. I'm hoping to get on the Patriot this Friday.
Oh ... I am so excited, I have great news! My MA just called and let me know I MADE IT ONTO THE WESTERN HIGHWAY last Friday! Woo hoo ... I am en route! Woo Hoo!!!! Due in Charleston Aug. 21st, should have before Labor Day weekend!

Chugiakgirl (maybe Mr. Wickham?) - I don't know for certain, but I'm guessing (hoping) you are also on the boat ... call your MA right away and find out!

Made my Monday ... yes!

Old 08-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Oh ... I am so excited, I have great news! My MA just called and let me know I MADE IT ONTO THE WESTERN HIGHWAY last Friday! Woo hoo ... I am en route! Woo Hoo!!!! Due in Charleston Aug. 21st, should have before Labor Day weekend!

Chugiakgirl (maybe Mr. Wickham?) - I don't know for certain, but I'm guessing (hoping) you are also on the boat ... call your MA right away and find out!

Made my Monday ... yes!
WOO HOOOOO...MINE DID TOO!!! YAY FOR US!!!

Old 08-11-2008, 01:04 PM
tinker_06
4th Gear
Oh WOW - How exciting - 3 more on a ship!

Old 08-11-2008, 01:30 PM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
Mine is now at the dock waiting to be put on some boat, that I don't know of yet.

Old 08-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by RaceTripper
Mine is now at the dock waiting to be put on some boat, that I don't know of yet.
I'll bet you'll get on the Patriot this Friday.

Old 08-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Reldieh
3rd Gear
In response to twieland and Chugiakgirl's recent posts, which I will reference below:

Made my Monday ... yes!
and-

Originally Posted by Chugiakgirl
WOO HOOOOO...MINE DID TOO!!! YAY FOR US!!!
Do you remember when I made this post last Thursday?

Originally Posted by Reldieh
Hey guys, a week 31'er here.

Just as a word of advice:

To all those that are not yet showing up on the Independence II, it is very possible that you will be on the Western Highway but won't know it for a while. The ship that my MINI was on (Sierra Nevada) left the port on Aug. 1st. However, neither my MA's info nor ASK MINI automated's info reflected that I had actually gotten on a ship until Aug 5th! Then the OL was updated on the 6th to say "En Route".

In short, if you aren't updated tomorrow saying that you are "in transit" or "en route", don't fret. Give the system a few days to catch up. You should know for sure in a week or less.

Just wanted to give you possible K-Line'ers a bit of hope
Yeah.

I hate to say I told you so, but....

"I told you so!"

Congratz!

Old 08-11-2008, 03:11 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
In response to twieland and Chugiakgirl's recent posts, which I will reference below:

and-

Yeah.

"I told you so!"

Congratz!
Hahaha! I'm super glad you can say "I told you so!" Looks like it should make port a week from today. We should be driving by the end of the month! WOOHOO! Just in time for a long Labor Day weekend!

Old 08-11-2008, 03:59 PM
twieland
1st Gear

and-

Yeah.

"I told you so!"

Congratz!
I have never been so happy to be on the receiving end of an "I told you so" ... Thanks!

Quick Reply: Week 32 Support Group