1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 32 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 02:50 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Alright, this is a reminder. You have approximately 11 day (maybe) or less to make any changes to your configuration in step 1-4 at MINIUSA. These items cannot be changed later! Check your lists!! And be happy!

Old 07-23-2008, 03:20 PM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sikamini
Alright, this is a reminder. You have approximately 11 day (maybe) or less to make any changes to your configuration in step 1-4 at MINIUSA. These items cannot be changed later! Check your lists!! And be happy!
Probably less. My MA said the status for my car will change any day now to where changes are no longer possible (I think from 112 to 113).

Old 07-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Calmante
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Bemmerondubs
Thanks for all of your help. Didn’t mean to bring anyone down, its just that my family is going way out of their way to buy me this car and it will be a graduation gift so I want to make sure that I am getting the best deal possible for the car I want. I have decided to wait it out and see what the dealer tells me when the car is here. I would really like them to reduce the price or at least throw in some free extras other than the usual floor mats if i settle for the 08 if not i will just reorder an 09. Called again today and I am scheduled for week 32 and they said it will arrive early September late august if I am lucky. Any one here have any previous experience ordering with Braman in Miami???
That's one heckuva graduation present... May I ask, high school or college?

Old 07-23-2008, 04:07 PM
Bemmerondubs
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Calmante
That's one heckuva graduation present... May I ask, high school or college?
Thanks .... Im graduating with my Bachelors in Civil Engineering and I am almost ready to start sending off applications for law school now so my parents and grandparents got together and are buying me the car exactlly how I wanted it. Im really excited it will be my first car with a manual transmission and I will be getting out of the 16mpg gas guzzler im in now

Old 07-23-2008, 05:49 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RaceTripper
Probably less. My MA said the status for my car will change any day now to where changes are no longer possible (I think from 112 to 113).
Yes, that is what I have been told too. ASKMINI also told me that our cars would probably be in production before the information is updated in the OL. But, until then you can always ask. I don't think I left out anything that I would regret.

Thanks .... Im graduating with my Bachelors in Civil Engineering and I am almost ready to start sending off applications for law school now so my parents and grandparents got together and are buying me the car exactlly how I wanted it. Im really excited it will be my first car with a manual transmission and I will be getting out of the 16mpg gas guzzler im in now
Congrats on graduating! Why do you want to go to law school? We need more good civil engineers than lawyers, go to grad school, and then a PHd.

Old 07-23-2008, 06:01 PM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini
Yes, that is what I have been told too. ASKMINI also told me that our cars would probably be in production before the information is updated in the OL. But, until then you can always ask. I don't think I left out anything that I would regret.
There's nothing factory I would add. I may still add the JCW aero kit if I come up with an extra $2500 and she who is CFO approves the requisition order.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Come on Week 32!!!

Trying to wait patiently for week 32 to begin...so I rented the Italian Job just to watch some Minis in action. I knew it would be a long wait, and it's only been 14 days (OMG) but after watching that movie, I think I'm back to "dying to get it now" all over again.
I hope it will be as awesome as I'm expecting once it finally arrives.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:51 PM
jimj
2nd Gear
"MANS SECOND GREATEST PLEASURE IS DRIVING A MINI"

Rent the original "Italian Job" (1968) with Michael Caine and see
some great "original" Minis' in action.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:23 PM
Doc Cooper
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Chugiakgirl
Trying to wait patiently for week 32 to begin...so I rented the Italian Job just to watch some Minis in action. I knew it would be a long wait, and it's only been 14 days (OMG) but after watching that movie, I think I'm back to "dying to get it now" all over again.
I hope it will be as awesome as I'm expecting once it finally arrives.

OMG.. i just watched Italian Job too. I realized that the CR was the only S?C version and other two that Jason Stathom and Mark Walberg (Spell?) was "JustaCooper" The "whining sound" of S/C makes me wanna get a Gen 1... lol

We just gotta wait guys.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:25 PM
jessitron
1st Gear
So I just found out I'm week 32, called and spoke to someone on ASK MINI, because the website just wasn't cutting it.

Does anyone know if the price you agree on when you order is the price you will end up paying? (I don't plan on getting any dealer add-ons). The person I spoke to at ASK MINI said if my production is pushed, it will be a 2009, which will mean an increase in price. When I ordered, I agreed to the options, and the installation fees, I even was given the full write up and initialed the price. So I'm just wondering if anyone has researched this. Is it possible to get your pricing locked before delivery?
Supposedly week 32 is the last of the 08 production...

yeah procrastinators!!!!!

Old 07-23-2008, 10:06 PM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
Alright that does it. I'm officially stoked! I was beginning to wonder what week I was when I stumbled upon this thread and read the posts.

I ordered my 2008 MINI Cooper on July 18th, and given what I've read, that suggests a delivery around mid-September. That's fine with me, since I need the time to scrape up every dime I can for my down payment!

This will be my first MINI, although I've pined over them for years. I'm so glad I finally decided to buy, and y'all are making the process of waiting much easier. While it's not as flashy or sporty as a JCW or MCS, I'm sure my MINI will deliver years of driving enjoyment.

Old 07-24-2008, 12:15 AM
Doc Cooper
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jessitron
So I just found out I'm week 32, called and spoke to someone on ASK MINI, because the website just wasn't cutting it.

Does anyone know if the price you agree on when you order is the price you will end up paying? (I don't plan on getting any dealer add-ons). The person I spoke to at ASK MINI said if my production is pushed, it will be a 2009, which will mean an increase in price. When I ordered, I agreed to the options, and the installation fees, I even was given the full write up and initialed the price. So I'm just wondering if anyone has researched this. Is it possible to get your pricing locked before delivery?

If ASK MINI said week 32, it is 2008 regardless. 09 is Week 36 and on and i believe factory slows down for retooling and maintenance in month of August. So number of production rates are much slower i hear.

I think your MINI is dedicated 2008 model with 2008 pricing. We are all in the same boat. Seems like most orders placed in month of July is being pushed to the last week of 2008 production for 2008... which is WEEK 32.

Congrats on your order!

Old 07-24-2008, 12:17 AM
Doc Cooper
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by AvidMINI
Alright that does it. I'm officially stoked! I was beginning to wonder what week I was when I stumbled upon this thread and read the posts.

I ordered my 2008 MINI Cooper on July 18th, and given what I've read, that suggests a delivery around mid-September. That's fine with me, since I need the time to scrape up every dime I can for my down payment!

This will be my first MINI, although I've pined over them for years. I'm so glad I finally decided to buy, and y'all are making the process of waiting much easier. While it's not as flashy or sporty as a JCW or MCS, I'm sure my MINI will deliver years of driving enjoyment.

Welcome to the Week 32 support group. Dont matter what you ordered.. its MINI at the end of the day... we all have difference "clothing" on.. either the JustaCooper or S or JCW.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:12 AM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
That's so funny! I just now realized that I've seen that before. "JustaCooper".

That's cool. When I was into Mustangs (shudder), there was a real sibling rivalry mentality. The V6-equipped models were looked down upon by V8-equipped GT models, which were looked down upon by supercharged V8-equipped Cobra models. Then there's the whole "manual vs. automatic" mentality, and the "convertible vs. hardtop" mentality. It was never ending! Flat out horrible. Ultimately, just having a base model Cooper is fine with me. They're all born from the same mother; they've just got different fathers!

I'm just happy to become part of the MINI community. I've really enjoyed getting to know the MINI crowd. At the risk of sounding conceited, they're a nice bunch of people. I'm sure there are a few bad apples, but by and large everyone seems very friendly and nurturing.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:26 AM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
I'm just happy to become part of the MINI community. I've really enjoyed getting to know the MINI crowd. At the risk of sounding conceited, they're a nice bunch of people. I'm sure there are a few bad apples, but by and large everyone seems very friendly and nurturing.
I have to agree. This has so far been a very pleasant community of enthusiasts. I'm not too proud to say I've come across some real childish a**ses on some of the BMW forums. If there's any flaming here to speak of, I've missed it so far.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:46 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jessitron

The OL is always going to be slow. There is a tracking thread which covers it well. The price you were quoted, when you gave them your $1000 deposit is what they should charge you. There may be slight variations if you changed options, but there should not be a huge change. I think the price on future orders will probably increase. If there any lawyers present please chime in. I was worried about the same issue, but others in the same position were of the opinion that the written quote is part of a contract - true?

Old 07-24-2008, 07:51 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
I have to agree. This has so far been a very pleasant community of enthusiasts. I'm not too proud to say I've come across some real childish a**ses on some of the BMW forums. If there's any flaming here to speak of, I've missed it so far.
There are some in every group, best just to try to ignore them. Who nows they maybe just having a bad day.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:57 AM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
Well said, sikamini.

I just learned that I'm actually Production Week #30! What the?

I called the 1-866-ASK-MINI and they said my car is in the paint shop! Step # 152 has been initiated. Next comes assembly...

Now I've got to start a Production Week #30 thread!

Old 07-24-2008, 08:24 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Well said, sikamini.

I called the 1-866-ASK-MINI and they said my car is in the paint shop! Step # 152 has been initiated. Next comes assembly...

Congrats!

Old 07-24-2008, 08:28 AM
Bemmerondubs
2nd Gear
I dont remember signing anything that gauranteed that the price would be gauranteed. Actually i was told that I might still be able to negotiate the price down a little when the car came in. Im having second thoughts now though about whether i want to add the MFSW to my order. Would it push me back another week or so if i would make any modifications?

Old 07-24-2008, 10:06 AM
Doc Cooper
3rd Gear
Im on M3forum, E46Fanatics, and couple of other ones. I have to say that E46fanatic screw are the most immature teenager group of folks with wealthy parents who bought everything they asked for. LOL M3forum had more adults who are responsible, but lately, it is getting pretty out of control. I dont go on those sites anymore.

Well said, sikamini.

You are leaving us hahah congrats!!!

Old 07-24-2008, 10:16 AM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Doc Cooper
Im on M3forum, E46Fanatics, and couple of other ones. I have to say that E46fanatic screw are the most immature teenager group of folks with wealthy parents who bought everything they asked for. LOL M3forum had more adults who are responsible, but lately, it is getting pretty out of control. I dont go on those sites anymore.
Bimmerfest is the only one that's tolerable anymore, and you still have to filter out a lot of dumb stuff (some of which I took part in). I used to frequent M3Forum and Bimmerforums (and haven't at all for years). Those two are all about bling and childish kill stories; i.e. nothing worthwhile or substantive.

NAM seems to be more about having fun and having character.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:40 AM
Calmante
3rd Gear
Im having second thoughts now though about whether i want to add the MFSW to my order. Would it push me back another week or so if i would make any modifications?
Call immediately, man! If you notice, my MC is basically stock except for that, which I think is an absolute necessity!

Old 07-24-2008, 11:52 AM
Bemmerondubs
2nd Gear
Yeah i am going to decide by the end of the week. Mini accesories have become pretty addictive. 2 months ago when i first started considering the car all I wanted was a PW/B cooper with nothing on it. 2 months later I am going for an S w/ premium package and xenons and a few small extras . I am also thinking about getting the clear turn signals... Im really afraid im going to regret not getting a few things that i cant put on later so I am going to have to sell off a few thigns around the house. Any one looking to buy some E36 parts?

Old 07-24-2008, 01:02 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Wow!

Well said, sikamini.

Did this info show up on the OL info, or just through the 1-866-Ask-Mini? I would LOVE it if I got bumped into week 30! :D GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Quick Reply: Week 32 Support Group