1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 32 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 09:34 AM
Bemmerondubs
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WW says i was discharged it 8:50. This must be the worst part cause i dont think there is any way to track it now

Old 08-26-2008, 09:47 AM
gbsim
3rd Gear
OH NO It is lovebug season here in Louisiana!

I just went outside and the little boogers were drifting all around my back door (they like the white trim). Those of you from the south know that they are in drifts along the roads and can turn paint and plastic to nothing in no time. Plus they adhere like they are made of superglue. If I get my car this weekend then I'll be driving in them before I can do the Prima detailing that I've got planned for after the clearbra installation on Wednesday. AAARGGH!!!

Old 08-26-2008, 09:48 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Maersk Wind is about 2.5 miles from Galveston Island, she will be in port soon!!!

Old 08-26-2008, 09:51 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by tinker_06
oh... I just put my VIN# in on WWs site and my car was DISCHARGED at 8:52 AM!!

If it was one of the first off.. than it will be one of the last to get to the VDC as they load the trains in reverse order...

Old 08-26-2008, 09:56 AM
kechman8
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini
Maersk Wind is about 2.5 miles from Galveston Island, she will be in port soon!!!
coolio.. thanks for continuing to track and keeping all of us up to date, sikamini. You are awesome.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:17 AM
minilovejoy
1st Gear
My MINI arrived at the dealership today, but it won't be ready until Thursday. So, I have an appointment on Thurs at 10AM to pick up my MC!!!

Old 08-26-2008, 11:37 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by minilovejoy
My MINI arrived at the dealership today, but it won't be ready until Thursday. So, I have an appointment on Thurs at 10AM to pick up my MC!!!
Remember pics!!! Oh, congrats too!

Old 08-26-2008, 11:48 AM
gbsim
3rd Gear
Remember pics!!! Oh, congrats too!
Yes! Everyone remember to take some pictures! We all want to see!

'08 Laser Blue/Silver Clubman S etc, etc Western Highway Passenger currently at VDC, possible delivery date Aug 30

Old 08-26-2008, 11:59 AM
MWhinnery
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by minilovejoy
Congratulations, I'm happy for you! Which port did your Mini come into? Mine was made 6 days before yours, and it's supposedly still on the ship waiting to dock in South Carolina.

Old 08-26-2008, 02:18 PM
twieland
1st Gear
Woot! MA called today and told me mine is scheduled for delivery to the dealer on Saturday. Depending on the time of day they receive, I might be able to take delivery Saturday afternoon. He also said it's possible it could arrive early on Friday, or late and not until next Tuesday ... keeping fingers crossed!

Old 08-26-2008, 04:11 PM
tinker_06
4th Gear
The wait is hard.... no more checking on my ship, just have to wait and wait.. and wait!!!

Old 08-26-2008, 04:33 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by twieland
Woot! MA called today and told me mine is scheduled for delivery to the dealer on Saturday. Depending on the time of day they receive, I might be able to take delivery Saturday afternoon. He also said it's possible it could arrive early on Friday, or late and not until next Tuesday ... keeping fingers crossed!
Wow, that's great news! I hope mine is on the same truck. I'm beyond impatience at this point.

Last edited by Chugiakgirl; 08-30-2008 at 09:21 AM.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:42 PM
Tu13es
5th Gear
Wtf, how are people taking delivery on the same day it arrives at the dealer? Mine takes at least a few days to get the title and then a few more to prep. Mine was at the dealer this weekend and my MA still hasn't called to set up a time for pickup.

*sigh*

Old 08-26-2008, 04:53 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Tu13es
Wtf, how are people taking delivery on the same day it arrives at the dealer? Mine takes at least a few days to get the title and then a few more to prep. Mine was at the dealer this weekend and my MA still hasn't called to set up a time for pickup.

*sigh*
Have you called your MA again? I would bet it would be ready by tomorrow if they got it last weekend!

Old 08-26-2008, 04:58 PM
twieland
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Tu13es

*sigh*
I asked my MA about that (being able to take delivery the same day). He said depending on how busy they are, and what time of day they get the car, it is possible for same day delivery. I didn't ask him about having to wait for paperwork, nor did he mention anything, so hopefully it isn't an issue!

Old 08-26-2008, 05:07 PM
mrwickham
2nd Gear
Oh yeah, Omaha is getting MINIs Maybe mine can slip in on the back of that Saturday delivery truck... One can only hope.
PS - My MA never calls me either - the only way I know anything is through this group, ASKMINI, and shipping websites. I'm calling him tomorrow, the excitement is building.

Old 08-26-2008, 05:29 PM
tinker_06
4th Gear
Must be different in different states.. as when buying a car here in FL, the title is always mailed.

My MA did say they just (or are) receiving 50 MINIs in - all sold!! Today, while out, I spotted 4 MINIs - the most ever in one day in my small city. (2 Chili Reds, and 2 Pure Silvers). The local dealership here had 1 2005 MINI on his lot with just 12,000 miles.. and I didn't see it yesterday or today.. so I imagine someone bought it!

I told my hubby that I am NOT sharing this car - at all. He laughed.. and I don't think he believes me!! (and I am serious - I am NOT sharing!! ). I am not one for going out and buying 2 new auto's, however, I am bring along the title to my 2007 4Runner when I go to pick-up my car.. and if hubby wants one to drive - he'll need to trade and buy one!

Old 08-26-2008, 05:40 PM
Tu13es
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Chugiakgirl
Have you called your MA again? I would bet it would be ready by tomorrow if they got it last weekend!
Yeah, I talked to him yesterday. Still waiting to set up a delivery appointment. :impat ient:: impatient::impati ent:

Old 08-26-2008, 06:34 PM
rtwerk222
2nd Gear
Gosh, how did you know that? I've been following it all the way across the Atlantic and I received updates at least twice a day . . . but I've received nothing since last night. The web site I've been using is:
http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...html?call=S6TY

Old 08-27-2008, 03:38 AM
zouzouetmoi
1st Gear
Originally Posted by gbsim
OH NO It is lovebug season here in Louisiana!

I just went outside and the little boogers were drifting all around my back door (they like the white trim). Those of you from the south know that they are in drifts along the roads and can turn paint and plastic to nothing in no time. Plus they adhere like they are made of superglue. If I get my car this weekend then I'll be driving in them before I can do the Prima detailing that I've got planned for after the clearbra installation on Wednesday. AAARGGH!!!
Ohhhh, I remember those things ...we used to call them 'telephone bugs', say hello and hang up. They would be so thick over the roads that the windscreen would become opaque with bug juice in minutes (I drove slow then, seconds in a MINI). I would have to do one of two things in that situation, garage the MINI or hire a big truck to follow.

Old 08-27-2008, 04:20 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by tinker_06
Must be different in different states.. as when buying a car here in FL, the title is always mailed.

My MA did say they just (or are) receiving 50 MINIs in - all sold!! Today, while out, I spotted 4 MINIs - the most ever in one day in my small city. (2 Chili Reds, and 2 Pure Silvers). The local dealership here had 1 2005 MINI on his lot with just 12,000 miles.. and I didn't see it yesterday or today.. so I imagine someone bought it!

I told my hubby that I am NOT sharing this car - at all. He laughed.. and I don't think he believes me!! (and I am serious - I am NOT sharing!! ). I am not one for going out and buying 2 new auto's, however, I am bring along the title to my 2007 4Runner when I go to pick-up my car.. and if hubby wants one to drive - he'll need to trade and buy one!
I've seen a three fold increase in MINIs in my area of Houston in three months. Yep, let your hubby have a choice his own MINI or the 4Runner!

Old 08-27-2008, 04:20 AM
Calmante
3rd Gear
Taking delivery today, God willing. I will try to take pictures but may be distracted by my excitement...

Old 08-27-2008, 04:24 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Caribbean Highway is on her way to Charleston!! Maersk Wind is moored in Galveston! I wonder where Gustav is going - I hope it stays away from the center of the gulf and heads for land.

Old 08-27-2008, 04:27 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Calmante
Taking delivery today, God willing. I will try to take pictures but may be distracted by my excitement...
Great!!! My OL just updated to show the dealer would have ours next week, on the first, but I don't think thats realistic on a labor day weekend! I'll be satisfied if we get our MINI sometime next week, Friday would be nice!

Old 08-27-2008, 04:32 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MWhinnery
Congratulations, I'm happy for you! Which port did your Mini come into? Mine was made 6 days before yours, and it's supposedly still on the ship waiting to dock in South Carolina.
Is your MINI on the Caribbean Highway?

Quick Reply: Week 32 Support Group