1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 32 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 10:19 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by zouzouetmoi
Thanks!

We really don't know about this weekend, my brother wants us to visit them in San Antonio next weekend (stationed at Fort Sam Houston), but its still up in the air. So, I guess the answer is possibly maybe yes.

Oh yea....when do you pick up Hilla?
Hopefully by the end of the week. She will still be missing the carbon fiber rear diffuser, it will be in on the 15th. I hope she won't look too undressed. But, it sounds like everything else will be in place. Also found out the front and rear mud flaps will not work with the Aero kit, no biggie, maybe I can get some MINI T-shirts and a couple of caps for comp. If we don't meet up Saturday I'll look forward to seeing y'all and MINIWITHANAME next month! Give my regards to San Antonio if you go!

Old 09-02-2008, 10:27 AM
zouzouetmoi
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sikamini
Hopefully by the end of the week. She will still be missing the carbon fiber rear diffuser, it will be in on the 15th. I hope she won't look too undressed. But, it sounds like everything else will be in place. Also found out the front and rear mud flaps will not work with the Aero kit, no biggie, maybe I can get some MINI T-shirts and a couple of caps for comp. If we don't meet up Saturday I'll look forward to seeing y'all and MINIWITHANAME next month! Give my regards to San Antonio if you go!
I really want to see your MINI...looks as if its going to be great.

Hey, at least we know she is a she (wife says so) and it does not have a french name I can't pronounce.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:40 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
I really want to see your MINI...looks as if its going to be great.

Hey, at least we know she is a she (wife says so) and it does not have a french name I can't pronounce.
We were about 3 hours at Momentum Saturday, and that's when we found out ours was a girl. It didn't actually take us three hours to determine her gender, but it did take a couple of hours to figure out what she called herself - must have been her accent.
Maybe after a couple more miles her accent will be clearer and you'll figure out what she is saying.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:43 AM
zouzouetmoi
1st Gear
We were about 3 hours at Momentum Saturday, and that's when we found out ours was a girl. It didn't actually take us three hours to determine her gender, but it did take a couple of hours to figure out what she called herself - must have been her accent.
Hmmmm. We were there at 2:00 on Saturday to pick up whatsherface...probably just missed you.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:45 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Hmmmm. We were there at 2:00 on Saturday to pick up whatsherface...probably just missed you.
We were there 10:15 to around 1:00.

Old 09-02-2008, 11:34 AM
tinker_06
4th Gear
Here is something funny I wanted to share!! You know how I mentioned to my husband that he is NOT going to be driving my car (he needs to trade his 4Runner I just gave him and get his own! ) well last night he went into MY MIni and tried to start it!! He doesn't realize that he needs to step on the brake in order to start the car... so I told him I have it programed that I am the only one that can start it.. HE BELIEVES ME!!!!! I got in and didn't let him see my foot (and started her right up) LOL....

Old 09-02-2008, 11:48 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by tinker_06
Here is something funny I wanted to share!! You know how I mentioned to my husband that he is NOT going to be driving my car (he needs to trade his 4Runner I just gave him and get his own! ) well last night he went into MY MIni and tried to start it!! He doesn't realize that he needs to step on the brake in order to start the car... so I told him I have it programed that I am the only one that can start it.. HE BELIEVES ME!!!!! I got in and didn't let him see my foot (and started her right up) LOL....
I almost feel sorry for him, but not until he trades in the 4Runner!

Old 09-02-2008, 12:38 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Maersk Wind heads north!
Last reported at 2008-Sep-02 18:00 UTC. Time now 2008-Sep-02 19:36 UTC.
Position N 08°06', W 083°54'.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:39 PM
kechman8
3rd Gear
That's pretty funny! Maybe I should try that on my wife, who has thus far thought I have been rather silly tracking the Maersk Wind through it's journey! Now she is trying to talk me into letting her drive it the first day to work!! No way, Jose!!!

Just got back from a golf trip - oh my aching back. I'm not getting any younger. Further exacerbated by the fact that it took nearly 7 hours to get back from Reno!!!! Labor Day traffic was a nightmare.

Glad to see the Maersk Wind is making progress!!! Also glad to see Gustav toned down a bit before hitting landfall. Hope all you folks in TX and LA are ok!

Old 09-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Tu13es
5th Gear
Finally took some pics! Here's a teaser:

Lots more pics here!

http://tu13es.smugmug.com/gallery/5866644_9hbXB

Old 09-02-2008, 02:55 PM
RoadTrip2
3rd Gear
EXCELLENT!! Great Photos!!!

Old 09-02-2008, 03:22 PM
rtwerk222
2nd Gear
Maersk Wind is taking too long to head up the Central American coast. My wife tells me that they are making frequent stops so the Mini's can get off and play, she says they like to take banana breaks

Keep those pictures coming!!! You gotta love the color of Hilla!!

Old 09-02-2008, 03:23 PM
mrwickham
2nd Gear
Very nice pictures Tu13es - any day now I should be getting the call to come and get my baby. It's not a JWC, but an S none the less. Your gallery has certainly raised the bar. What camera / lens did you use for the shots?

Old 09-02-2008, 03:24 PM
jimj
2nd Gear
Maersk Wind heads north!
Last reported at 2008-Sep-02 18:00 UTC. Time now 2008-Sep-02 19:36 UTC.
Position N 08°06', W 083°54'.
News Flash! Maersk Wind got blown over in freak Pacific tital wave.
Sorry, just kidding!
I had to do something to entertain us west coaters waiting for our ship
to reach port in Southern California.

Last edited by jimj; 10-16-2008 at 09:46 AM.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:34 PM
tinker_06
4th Gear
ohhhh la la Tu13es... very sharp indeed! Nice camera shots.. and reminds me I need to practice more!!!

Kechman, this 'joke' is working out really good!!! I decided to let him 'try' my car tonight on the interstate. He got in the drivers seat, I was outside the door, and he tried to start it (without stepping on the brake pedal). LOL.. I told him it won't start without me starting it, well - he didn't believe me and told me to get in the car (he is smart - realized that the fob needs to be inside)!! So I get in, and he tries again!! LOL Nothing!!! So I quickly get out and go around and tell him let me sit there, and all the while I show him the fob, and explain that when The dealer programed it with me, it is 'fingerprint coded' (told him his would be too) LOL. So I am holding the fob up to distract, and he keening is watching my finger hit the button - and never notices my foot!! LOL.. he really, truly believes it is finger-print sensitive!!) I am NOT telling him otherwise!! This is fun - and I can't wait till HE figures it out!! LOL

so exactly when is Maersk Wind expected to dock at the VDC? Must be pretty soon??

Old 09-02-2008, 03:38 PM
mrwickham
2nd Gear
I am NOT telling him otherwise!! This is fun - and I can't wait till HE figures it out!! LOL
?
Now that's just cruel...but I love it

I can't wait to hear what he says/does when he does finally figure it out.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:43 PM
Tu13es
5th Gear
Haha, thanks for the compliments. I'm not very impressed with them, though I guess considering I was running late and had about 3 minutes to shoot, they came out okay. I think one of my lenses was a bit dirty though. Oh well.

I have a Nikon D40 with the kit lens (18-55mm) and the 55-200mm VR Nikon lens.

Old 09-02-2008, 04:37 PM
rtwerk222
2nd Gear
so exactly when is Maersk Wind expected to dock at the VDC? Must be pretty soon??
Next Monday - Sept. 8th

Old 09-02-2008, 04:40 PM
finaddict
1st Gear
SInce the BMs (board moderators) indicated that I should post here first, let myself introduce myself: I live in the nw corner of the left coast and am also waiting on the maersk wind to off load the pw/pw jcw that mostly built in week 32 but also a little in 33 and I didn't see a week 32 1/2 week support group and it looked to me like the w32 sg has more fun, so here I am. I'm happy that I found this Mini related resource.

Old 09-02-2008, 04:56 PM
tinker_06
4th Gear
welcome finaddict!! You arrived at the RIGHT forum, we ARE more fun!! LOL Congrats on your new baby.. we have several awaiting the arrival of maersk wind . One week 32 rule though.. you are REQUIRED to post pictures within the first week!!

Old 09-02-2008, 05:37 PM
kechman8
3rd Gear
Kechman, this 'joke' is working out really good!!! ...........
Tinker - that is just too much. You must be great at poker - I don't know how you can keep a straight face with your husband! I'm not sure if I can pull it off with my wife... very very funny!

Old 09-02-2008, 06:40 PM
twieland
1st Gear
We picked up our new Clubman Saturday morning, and headed out of town for a weekend road trip. Got home last night with just under 900 miles on the car.

After countess hours reading on NAM, here are some general observations (after 3 days ownership)and comments on aspects of the car that are popular topics of discussion. Note, these are MY opinions and YMMV! :-)

Fun Factor - off the charts! I've never had so much fun driving a car. Absolutely love the feel and drivability, makes me want to find excuses to drive just to get some more time in the seat.

Comfort - I found the car stiff (17" 5 star wheels w/all season runflats), but comfortable. 7 and 9 year old kids in the back, 6 hour trip. No problems and plenty of rear leg room for the kids.

Materials - Punch leather is very nice. Have had leather in a few other vehicles, and this seems comparable, comfortable. Anthracite headliner - glad I made this choice, think it makes the interior look top notch when mostly everything else is black. Fit and finish seems good, no rattles or things that didn't seem to fit together well.

Hi-Fi - OK, so the reports about a lack of deep bass are accurate. At higher volumes and with the bass EQ set anything above 0, you do get distortion. But at 'normal' listening levels, I think the system sounds above average. Probably good enough for my tastes.

Armrest - I found the armrest to be fine and 'comfortable'. I have not had any problems with it sliding open while my arm is resting on it.

MPG - For this first roadtrip, I averaged 32mpg, avg speed (OBC) 60mph (no use of cruise control during break-in period), 90% highway, 10% city. Not bad IMHO!

Sunroof - Debated on this one quite a bit. Have had a number of cars with and without. After a weekend with, it's fun to have with the weather starting to cool down some. As fall approaches, I anticipate using it frequently and am glad I got it as an option.

I'm sure I'll have more to report after more time, and will post some pictures after sport stripes and windiw tinting are finished tomorrow!

Old 09-03-2008, 03:22 AM
zouzouetmoi
1st Gear
Now I have a problem with the Cooper... ...and its sort of big.

This is the first car I have bought that I want to baby and I am at a loss, how do I wash and wax it? What do I use? It was easier buying 4x4s and trucks, they like to be dirty. My old VW buses were supposed to be dirty like the hippie driver.

I find myself with a soft rag dusting the bumper and vacuuming the interior before its dirty, this is weird. Anyway, does anyone have a favorite soap, wax and cloth?

I just hope I don't try to change its diaper or something.

Old 09-03-2008, 03:50 AM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
Now I have a problem with the Cooper... ...and its sort of big.

This is the first car I have bought that I want to baby and I am at a loss, how do I wash and wax it? What do I use? It was easier buying 4x4s and trucks, they like to be dirty. My old VW buses were supposed to be dirty like the hippie driver.

I find myself with a soft rag dusting the bumper and vacuuming the interior before its dirty, this is weird. Anyway, does anyone have a favorite soap, wax and cloth?

I just hope I don't try to change its diaper or something.
I use Zaino products. There's a detailing forum here at NAM. You might check that out.

Oh, and don't use diapers on your car. They leave micro-scratches.

Old 09-03-2008, 03:52 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Maersk Wind continues on after another exotic evening:
Last reported at 2008-Sep-03 06:00 UTC. Time now 2008-Sep-03 10:47 UTC.
Position N 10°06', W 087°00'.

Quick Reply: Week 32 Support Group