1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 32 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 04:04 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by finaddict
SInce the BMs (board moderators) indicated that I should post here first, let myself introduce myself: I live in the nw corner of the left coast and am also waiting on the maersk wind to off load the pw/pw jcw that mostly built in week 32 but also a little in 33 and I didn't see a week 32 1/2 week support group and it looked to me like the w32 sg has more fun, so here I am. I'm happy that I found this Mini related resource.
Welcome!!!

Originally Posted by RaceTripper
I use Zaino products. There's a detailing forum here at NAM. You might check that out.

Oh, and don't use diapers on your car. They leave micro-scratches.
Bare bottoms, eh!

Old 09-03-2008, 04:07 AM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sikamini
Welcome!!!

Bare bottoms, eh!
If it aint microfiber it aint touchin' my car! And keep your bottom off!

Old 09-03-2008, 04:11 AM
Tu13es
5th Gear
Originally Posted by zouzouetmoi
Now I have a problem with the Cooper... ...and its sort of big.

This is the first car I have bought that I want to baby and I am at a loss, how do I wash and wax it? What do I use? It was easier buying 4x4s and trucks, they like to be dirty. My old VW buses were supposed to be dirty like the hippie driver.

I find myself with a soft rag dusting the bumper and vacuuming the interior before its dirty, this is weird. Anyway, does anyone have a favorite soap, wax and cloth?

I just hope I don't try to change its diaper or something.
Yeah, as RaceTripper said there's a ton of good info in the detailing forum here. You'll find lots of people like Prima products, myself included. Good stuff.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:10 AM
tinker_06
4th Gear
zouzou, I hear ya!! I sometimes think I walked off the deep end!! Loving a car... well, it's just not me!! I could probably count on one hand the times I have hand washed a car, and I find myself out in the garage wiping her down and dusting the interior!!! I did buy a lot of Prima supplies, and they all seem great! Heard many good things about Zaino too.. probably can't go wrong with either brand!

Old 09-03-2008, 05:32 AM
Bemmerondubs
2nd Gear
+1 for Zaino

I have used Zaino for about 2-3 years and it was very popular with BMW owners on other forums. Prima seems to be the popular choice on NAM also so I dont think you can go wrong with either one. I have also seen that Black WoW seems to be a popular item on here aswell. I am going to be stocking up in the next month or so on the complete Zaino kit and some black wow.

On another note my poor luigi looks as though he was washed with a wire brush at the dealership. There are swirl marks allover the roof and i dont know if any one else is having this problem but when the window is wet there are some wierd streaks that I am assuming is due to the cosmoline. No big deal though I can get the swirl marks out when I detail it and im sure the window thing will go away in time. I am also happy to report that I dont seem to have any of the common issues of hot footwells and sunroof stuck in hot weather.

Lastlly I am trying to post pictures but I dont know how. Do you have to put the pictures on a website somewhere or can I do it from my documents.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:44 AM
tinker_06
4th Gear
Bemmer, you can upload them here on NAM . Under your user Profile, click the Gallery. Or you can upload them to a photo site (like photobucket.com) It's pretty easy once you upload, you'll need to copy and paste the image code (which NAM conveniently supplies)

This whole car detailing is all new to me. I have read and read up on things.. but before I really detail Lucy, I need to reread and make sure I am doing everything right!! I spent over about $250 on supplies now (gulp).. so I should be set!!

Old 09-03-2008, 06:43 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Maersk Wind trudges on!!
Last reported at 2008-Sep-03 12:00 UTC. Time now 2008-Sep-03 13:41 UTC.
Position N 11°06', W 088°30'.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:29 AM
tinker_06
4th Gear
twieland, thanks for your first impressions!!

Old 09-03-2008, 09:31 AM
PhantomMC
3rd Gear
Phantom update

I got a message from my MA yesterday informing me that my car is scheduled to be delivered to the dealership Friday (Sept 5th). He said that means it could be anytime from Thursday to Saturday. I've not actually talked with him, but hope to find out tomorrow how long before I can pick it up, etc. I'm hoping it can be this weekend. BTW, my car came over on the Caribbean Highway and arrived in Charleston, SC on August 28th.

The wait is almost over!

Old 09-03-2008, 09:59 AM
kechman8
3rd Gear
I went nuts on car detailing supplies. I bought a ton of Prima products and a porter cable polisher and experimented with our old Honda. I must say that the pc rocks! I am also very pleased with results from the entire line of prima products. Boy it is a slppery slope once you start playing around with detailing products. I think I fell in head first but am not regretting it.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:11 AM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
My dealer is getting 13 cars today, and I think one of them is mine. I also talked to the financial guy about my loan, and he says he can set me up for a Nov. 1 first payment without waiting for that 45 day window (which would have been 9/17). So it looks like taking delivery is imminent.

Just hope mine is one of the 13. It was going to get driving lights installed at the VDC, but it's been there since last Thursday so that should have left enough time.

Maybe I'll be motoring this weekend. I have tickets to go to the BMW Championship.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:25 AM
tinker_06
4th Gear
Phantom & RaceTripper... fingers crossed for you that you both soon get your babies!! It's a great feeling once they are home!!

Old 09-03-2008, 02:45 PM
RoadTrip2
3rd Gear
Just talked to our MA and new MCS arrived today. Looks like we might have her by the weekend...

Old 09-03-2008, 03:10 PM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
Just talked to my MA. I'm doing a Friday or Saturday delivery. Woohoo!

On Monday the car will be gone for clear bra, sports stripes (including wrapping the scoop and bumpers), and 20% tint.

Old 09-03-2008, 03:13 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by twieland
We picked up our new Clubman Saturday morning, and headed out of town for a weekend road trip. Got home last night with just under 900 miles on the car.

After countess hours reading on NAM, here are some general observations (after 3 days ownership)and comments on aspects of the car that are popular topics of discussion. Note, these are MY opinions and YMMV! :-)

Fun Factor - off the charts! I've never had so much fun driving a car. Absolutely love the feel and drivability, makes me want to find excuses to drive just to get some more time in the seat.

Comfort - I found the car stiff (17" 5 star wheels w/all season runflats), but comfortable. 7 and 9 year old kids in the back, 6 hour trip. No problems and plenty of rear leg room for the kids.

Materials - Punch leather is very nice. Have had leather in a few other vehicles, and this seems comparable, comfortable. Anthracite headliner - glad I made this choice, think it makes the interior look top notch when mostly everything else is black. Fit and finish seems good, no rattles or things that didn't seem to fit together well.

Hi-Fi - OK, so the reports about a lack of deep bass are accurate. At higher volumes and with the bass EQ set anything above 0, you do get distortion. But at 'normal' listening levels, I think the system sounds above average. Probably good enough for my tastes.

Armrest - I found the armrest to be fine and 'comfortable'. I have not had any problems with it sliding open while my arm is resting on it.

MPG - For this first roadtrip, I averaged 32mpg, avg speed (OBC) 60mph (no use of cruise control during break-in period), 90% highway, 10% city. Not bad IMHO!

Sunroof - Debated on this one quite a bit. Have had a number of cars with and without. After a weekend with, it's fun to have with the weather starting to cool down some. As fall approaches, I anticipate using it frequently and am glad I got it as an option.

I'm sure I'll have more to report after more time, and will post some pictures after sport stripes and windiw tinting are finished tomorrow!
Cool! Sounds like a great trip! I'm having fun with mine as well. I am almost to 100 miles on it. It's a blast to drive and I'm loving all the great gadgets I added to it. I like the Hi-Fi a lot. The sound seems to me very crisp.

Old 09-03-2008, 03:18 PM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Chugiakgirl
...I am almost to 100 miles on it...
What? A 100 stinkin' miles! You need to stop playing around on NAM and start driving that baby or we might have to revoke your motoring status.

Old 09-03-2008, 03:24 PM
LaurenC
1st Gear
Ipods

Did anyone get the ipod connection via the glovebox or the ipod/bluetooth package?

Is having ur ipod in the glove box really annoying? How easy is it to switch artists and find stuff without ur ipod right there I mean i know its through the radio but how many options does it give u? Im anxious because I have a touch and I am not sure how well it will work... but concidering all i have in my current car is a cd player i guess anything will be better. Im also worried cause that never showed up on the list on the owners lounge and i went back and forth with the dealer on which to get. One better be on there.

Hopefully I will be able to see for myself soon, if the Maersk starts making time and stops the booze cruise its on now?

Old 09-03-2008, 04:39 PM
LaurenC
1st Gear
Checkered Light Covers

Hey wasn't someone here looking for checked covers for their driving lamps?

http://www.mossmini.com/Shop/ViewPro...93&SortOrder=2

Old 09-03-2008, 04:41 PM
tinker_06
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Chugiakgirl
...I am almost to 100 miles on it...
I put that on on day one!! I have 253 miles as of tonight! (and I am not really even going anywhere!! just driving around town)

RaceTripper - that's awesome!! It is such a relief to get the wait over with!

Lauren, I didn't get the connection inside the glove box, it's below the controls which will work out very nice.

So tomorrow I go and get my clear-bra on and my windows tinted! Not sure how much a tint I will go with.. I was thinking 30%.. or maybe 25% hope they will advise me, as I have NEVER tinted my own car before!

So my Mod's so far...
Changed Microphone Position (from right side to left)
Made little disk for the bottom of my cup holders
stubby Ant.

My next big thing I am going to tackle (with the help of dear hubby who can't drive my car!! LOL) is paint the brake calibers red!

Old 09-03-2008, 04:44 PM
LaurenC
1st Gear
Disk?

Disk at the bottom of your cup holder, elaborate.

Im so stalking this forum right now, 15 minutes of work left... Ive been counting down since noon.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:13 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by RaceTripper
What? A 100 stinkin' miles! You need to stop playing around on NAM and start driving that baby or we might have to revoke your motoring status.
LOL...had to work...what can I say??? I guess I did spend a lot of time just sitting in it in the garage saying, "Ahhhhhhhh".

Last edited by Chugiakgirl; 09-03-2008 at 05:29 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:16 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by LaurenC
Did anyone get the ipod connection via the glovebox or the ipod/bluetooth package?

Is having ur ipod in the glove box really annoying? How easy is it to switch artists and find stuff without ur ipod right there I mean i know its through the radio but how many options does it give u? Im anxious because I have a touch and I am not sure how well it will work... but concidering all i have in my current car is a cd player i guess anything will be better. Im also worried cause that never showed up on the list on the owners lounge and i went back and forth with the dealer on which to get. One better be on there.

Hopefully I will be able to see for myself soon, if the Maersk starts making time and stops the booze cruise its on now?
I got the ipod/bluetooth pkg and I love it. The connection is not in the glove box, it's under the stereo...in the little cubby right in front of the shifter. The options with the bluetooth/ipod pkg are great because you control the ipod via the stereo control. No trying to read that little ipod screen while driving!

Old 09-03-2008, 05:21 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by tinker_06
I put that on on day one!! I have 253 miles as of tonight! (and I am not really even going anywhere!! just driving around town)

RaceTripper - that's awesome!! It is such a relief to get the wait over with!

Lauren, I didn't get the connection inside the glove box, it's below the controls which will work out very nice.

So tomorrow I go and get my clear-bra on and my windows tinted! Not sure how much a tint I will go with.. I was thinking 30%.. or maybe 25% hope they will advise me, as I have NEVER tinted my own car before!

So my Mod's so far...
Changed Microphone Position (from right side to left)
Made little disk for the bottom of my cup holders
stubby Ant.

My next big thing I am going to tackle (with the help of dear hubby who can't drive my car!! LOL) is paint the brake calibers red!
I went with 20% on the back 3 windows and 35% on the front two plus I got a 20% on my sunroof just to keep it cool. I love it! I have to admit that I chickened out on the DYO clearbra. I have it, but decided to take it in (tomorrow) and have them do the bonnet and the bumper. It looked a lot more difficult than the Z3 one that I did. I'll have a spare I guess...just in case.
What do you mean you made a little disk for bottom of cup holders? Absorbant material or something?

Old 09-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Tu13es
5th Gear
450+ miles here! You all need to start driving more!

I also have an iPod Touch and am hoping to get some sort of mount so that I can just use the iPod interface. I'll post here if I find one.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Did anyone else get the bluetooth? I absolutely love the voice on the voice dialing...it sounds like HAL 9000.

Quick Reply: Week 32 Support Group