1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 32 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 07:59 PM
plutch
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you guys truly feel sorry for us West Coasters, you would post MORE PICTURES!

Old 09-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Bemmerondubs
2nd Gear
Cant figure out how to do this any other way so here is the first pic I will put out of little Luigi I can only post one at a time and I dont know why but here ya go. I will be back with more when my Zaino products come in next week. Theres 2 more pics in my Gallery too though

Old 09-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Bemmerondubs
2nd Gear
Hey Tinker ... Post new pics with the tints on. I have been contemplating getting them but I just like the look better without them. However 2 days of 90+ has made me think it might look pretty cool. I will be posting more pics soon of mine after I am done detailing. I am so happy with my car so far. It handles incredible and is alot faster than I expected. I'll be sticking around posting pics and keeping this thread alive for the west coasters. One tip though for all... make sure your air caps are properlly tightened because ive already lost one and the 3 still remaining were either loose or improperlly screwed in

Old 09-04-2008, 09:20 PM
plutch
2nd Gear
Looking good Bemmer, but you need to get that thing out of your driveway! Lets see Luigi near a cliff at sunset!

Old 09-05-2008, 04:17 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Okay Maersk Wind MINIs release the Captain and crew and the there will be no stopping in Puerto Vallarta!!
Maersk Wind should be a little over 400 nautical miles from her last reported position almost 24 hours ago.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:56 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Picked up Hilla from Momentum MINI yesterday evening. Surprised my wife when I went to pick her up from work, I also got my first wave in a MINI. The traffic info is great and it guided me away from my first woulda been traffic jam.
Went for a little evening drive - very solid with nimble handling. I actually loved the feel of the run flats. She's a stout little girl with the additional JCW sport suspension and JCW strut brace! Did my best to try to follow the recommended breaking in - varying the acceleration and keeping her under the limits. The xenon lights are better than I could have hoped for - very clear and sharp.
Still have a lot of stuff to read in the manuals. In the manuals set, there was two sets of keys and three manuals. I read in some thread there was supposed to be a template for the key, did anyone get one of those?
The only item, we ordered that was not yet installed is the carbon fiber rear diffuser - it will be installed after the 15th. I did purchase a three year tire warranty - Houston roads are bad and I tend to find all the nails.
I'll get more pics today.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:11 AM
tinker_06
4th Gear
Congrats Sikamini!! You have been so patient waiting!!! Doesn't she just make you smile though? I really love the xenon lights too. I just received 2 key fobs - nothing else, but the dealer told me that there are 4 more made (and I assume that MINI holds them, not my dealer) but after that - it would be really big money to get replacements.

I was told to keep Lucy in the hot sun today ( to help the tinting?) looks pretty cloudy out!! Hope she will be okay...

I'll snap a few more pictures with the tint on her. I too wasn't sure I wanted to add tint, but I really like the look - plus, they had this demo where I put my hand under a heat light and slide the tints over and boy - there was a big heat reduction! I felt that living in FL and with the redwood leather, less heat and uv rays would be beneficial!

I guess my husband decided to keep his ugly, hand-me-down 4Runner . I guess just as well, because he would have been a NON MINI WAVER!! He deserves the 4 Runner and 'inability' to start my MINI!! LOL

Old 09-05-2008, 05:49 AM
PhantomMC
3rd Gear
Maybe Today

Great to see all the pictures of alll the new MINIs.

I expect to get the call today from my MA that Phantom has been delivered to the dealership. If I get it, then it's likely I will be able to pick him up tomorrow. I can hardly believe the waiting is almost over. I will certainly try to post the first pic as quickly as possible.

This group has provided wonderful support all through the process. Let's keep in touch!

Old 09-05-2008, 06:10 AM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by tinker_06
I paid just about the exact same as RaceTripper....
I've been having additional discussion with my clear bra installer. I'm still going with 35% tint. That's the legal limit.

I was going to have him do the Sport Stripe install over the clear bra. But now we're talking about putting the stripes underneath, and overlaying them with clear bra all the way to the windshield. He also grooves the clear bra where the stripes end to eliminate the micro-gap that could trap dirt/moisture. The stripes will also wrap into the scoop and over the bumpers, similar to the MINI Challenge poster car.

This guy specializes in higher end cars and picky car club customers. His work is art and first rate. Can't wait to see the end result.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:32 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Maersk Wind update, Captain and crew safe:
Last reported at 2008-Sep-05 12:00 UTC. Time now 2008-Sep-05 14:29 UTC.
Position N 17°24', W 102°24'.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:43 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Congrats Sikamini!! You have been so patient waiting!!! Doesn't she just make you smile though? I really love the xenon lights too. I just received 2 key fobs - nothing else, but the dealer told me that there are 4 more made (and I assume that MINI holds them, not my dealer) but after that - it would be really big money to get replacements.

I was told to keep Lucy in the hot sun today ( to help the tinting?) looks pretty cloudy out!! Hope she will be okay...

I guess my husband decided to keep his ugly, hand-me-down 4Runner . I guess just as well, because he would have been a NON MINI WAVER!! He deserves the 4 Runner and 'inability' to start my MINI!! LOL
Thanks, and I woke up with a stupid grin on my face! Make sure you give Lucy her sun bath! Sorry to her your hubby hasn't seen the light, take him to the dealership and let him test drive one there, I think he'll change his mind.

Originally Posted by PhantomMC
Great to see all the pictures of alll the new MINIs.

I expect to get the call today from my MA that Phantom has been delivered to the dealership. If I get it, then it's likely I will be able to pick him up tomorrow. I can hardly believe the waiting is almost over. I will certainly try to post the first pic as quickly as possible.

This group has provided wonderful support all through the process. Let's keep in touch!
+1

Originally Posted by RaceTripper
I've been having additional discussion with my clear bra installer. I'm still going with 35% tint. That's the legal limit.

I was going to have him do the Sport Stripe install over the clear bra. But now we're talking about putting the stripes underneath, and overlaying them with clear bra all the way to the windshield. He also grooves the clear bra where the stripes end to eliminate the micro-gap that could trap dirt/moisture. The stripes will also wrap into the scoop and over the bumpers, similar to the MINI Challenge poster car.

This guy specializes in higher end cars and picky car club customers. His work is art and first rate. Can't wait to see the end result.
Can't wait to see the pics!!

Old 09-05-2008, 10:35 AM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
The car **** says, "no new MINI for you today!"

I got the wrong call from my MA today. My car was the one that did not arrive on the truck today. A double check showed MINI NA bumped the dealer arrival date to Monday. I just postponed my Monday/Tuesday plans.

Waaaa....

Old 09-05-2008, 11:30 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Hilla's first outing!
Week 32 Support Group-l1030635.jpg

Week 32 Support Group-l1030636.jpg

Week 32 Support Group-l1030637.jpg

Old 09-05-2008, 11:30 AM
kechman8
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini
Picked up Hilla from Momentum MINI yesterday evening. Surprised my wife when I went to pick her up from work, I also got my first wave in a MINI. The traffic info is great and it guided me away from my first woulda been traffic jam.
Went for a little evening drive - very solid with nimble handling. I actually loved the feel of the run flats. She's a stout little girl with the additional JCW sport suspension and JCW strut brace! Did my best to try to follow the recommended breaking in - varying the acceleration and keeping her under the limits. The xenon lights are better than I could have hoped for - very clear and sharp.
Still have a lot of stuff to read in the manuals. In the manuals set, there was two sets of keys and three manuals. I read in some thread there was supposed to be a template for the key, did anyone get one of those?
The only item, we ordered that was not yet installed is the carbon fiber rear diffuser - it will be installed after the 15th. I did purchase a three year tire warranty - Houston roads are bad and I tend to find all the nails.
I'll get more pics today.
Congratulations, sikamini! Glad you are finally motoring!

Old 09-05-2008, 11:32 AM
kechman8
3rd Gear

I got the wrong call from my MA today. My car was the one that did not arrive on the truck today. A double check showed MINI NA bumped the dealer arrival date to Monday. I just postponed my Monday/Tuesday plans.

Waaaa....
Sorry to hear that, RaceTripper. Hope you get your ride soon.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:11 PM
tinker_06
4th Gear
Sikamini - WOW.. she's a hot little thing!! I really love the MY color.... if I only had a little bit more boldness... I would have picked it!

Driving down the interstate today, and got right behind a MY MCS! Then as I approached my exit, I passed him... and the driver never so much as looked... and a wave was out of the question!

RaceTripper, so sorry!! What a terrible let down!!!

Well, it's only a little sunny out, so hope it is helping Lucy. Here she is with her 30% tint all around (except windshield)

Old 09-05-2008, 12:20 PM
Tu13es
5th Gear
Woohoo, got my first wave back today!

Old 09-05-2008, 01:35 PM
MWhinnery
2nd Gear
Gorgeous pictures!

I saw a laser blue motorcycle, the same color as my MINI, driving down the road yesterday. If was funny, I was checking out the blue cycle as he drove by, and he was checking out my blue MINI! All the people on the road, and we were staring at each other's blue vehicles...

I'm going to try to restore the MINI tradition of waving to other MINI drivers in our area. I figure they don't wave cause either they don't know, they don't notice, or they're afraid to wave not knowing if we'll wave back. So my kids and I wave at all MINIs on the road and figure they'll eventually start to wave back.

Did you know owning a MINI is a good way to meet neighbors?! A woman at the dentist was telling me about her neighbor's red MINI with a checkered roof, so I asked her, do you live on ____(my)_____ street? Sure enough, her neighbor lives across the street from me!

Old 09-05-2008, 01:37 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by kechman8
Congratulations, sikamini! Glad you are finally motoring!
Thanks, it was three months and a day! But, it sure was worth it.

Waaaa....
Sorry to hear about the MINI ****! Are you scheduled for a pickup on next Tuesday then?

Sikamini - WOW.. she's a hot little thing!! I really love the MY color.... if I only had a little bit more boldness... I would have picked it!

Driving down the interstate today, and got right behind a MY MCS! Then as I approached my exit, I passed him... and the driver never so much as looked... and a wave was out of the question!

RaceTripper, so sorry!! What a terrible let down!!!

Well, it's only a little sunny out, so hope it is helping Lucy. Here she is with her 30% tint all around (except windshield)

The tint works 100%!! Yesterday, bringing Hilla home I noticed a MINI behind us waving, in my confusion I had to do a right handed center wave. ( forgot where the window switch was ) No harm done he waved again! I better study the manual some more. When I think about it everything is very logically placed, unfortunately I have had too many years alternate conditioning! It was also a shock having someone actually wave!

Originally Posted by Tu13es
Woohoo, got my first wave back today!
It just makes you have even a bigger grin!!

Old 09-05-2008, 02:08 PM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini

Sorry to hear about the MINI ****! Are you scheduled for a pickup on next Tuesday then?
I hope for Monday afternoon. Then I could do a Tuesday clearbra/tint/stripe install and Wednesday for play (other than a business lunch I scheduled).

Old 09-05-2008, 03:56 PM
wgrzanic
2nd Gear
Woohoo! Picked up my car today -- it's great!! Pics when I can get my act together enough to take them. Even waved at a girl in a Pepper White MC who was behind me on the way home, and got a smile and a wave back. Ah, the fun we have!

-Will!

Old 09-05-2008, 04:37 PM
PhantomMC
3rd Gear
Update - no car today

My MA called just before 6 p.m. No car today, and the delivery date to the dealer has been changed from today to Sept 9th. But, my MA said the car could still arrive tomorrow, and if so, then I can pick it up Monday. So, I'm hoping. Just have to be patient and keep waiting (something we all got pretty good at).

Old 09-05-2008, 04:46 PM
LaurenC
1st Gear
Distribution Center

Anyone have any idea how long it takes for them to do the go over at the distribution center???

I talked to the guy who is mediating my purchase and he said that the dealer can have it ready to go the same day they get it and then it can be sent to my city the next day which is only like an hr away, which means I could pick it up that afternoon. Obviously I am anxious but the people who bought my current car are getting a bit anxious to take over ownership of it too, and im hoping I can tell them that I'll be able to give it to them next week, but I am worried that wont happen.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:08 PM
mrwickham
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by PhantomMC
My MA called just before 6 p.m. No car today, and the delivery date to the dealer has been changed from today to Sept 9th. But, my MA said the car could still arrive tomorrow, and if so, then I can pick it up Monday. So, I'm hoping. Just have to be patient and keep waiting (something we all got pretty good at).
Same here. MA called to let me know that mine would be here either today or tomorrow. 1 hour left before MINI closes for the night so I'm guessing it did not come in today.

If it comes in tomorrow then there is a chance I could get it, otherwise it is another weekend of waiting and then a pickup on Monday.

It's not the waiting - it's the expecting on day or rather counting on one day only to find out it will be another day - that's what's killing me.

To all who have yet to get their MINIs home hang in there. We'll be motoring very soon and sharing pictures/stories. Now our job is to ensure we keep this thread going. I would hate to see it slowly die - we're just getting to know each other.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:29 PM
PhantomMC
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by LaurenC
Anyone have any idea how long it takes for them to do the go over at the distribution center???
It seems that time at the VDC varies. I know that my car has been there just over a week,and was just released to the transport company to deliver to the dealership. I think I've read that others, particularly those close to the VDC, have had their cars spend only a day or two at the VDC. If your car is at the VDC, I think your MA should be able to tell you when the car is scheduled to be delivered to the dealership. Good luck, and I hope your wait is short!

Quick Reply: Week 32 Support Group