1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 32 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 04:59 PM
rtwerk222
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Satang
Maersk Wind is about 450 miles and should arrive Port Hueneme late afternoon tomorrow. You could check live location http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...spx?level0=100
THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-07-2008, 05:04 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Yea, I don't think we'll hear any more weather reports Maersk Wind is almost home!!!
Got a slight problem. Hilla has some road dust on her skirt and rocker panel areas. I am just ordering some of the materials mentioned, but how should I clean the dust off. I have some microfiber towels that have never been used and are good quality. I have some Maguiares Quick Detailer spray will that work on the dust until I get the Zaino or should I just wait?

Old 09-07-2008, 06:58 PM
gbsim
3rd Gear
Power is back on at our house in LA!! Only 5 days! Lots of cleanup still to do.
Hang in there westcoasters!!!
If my dealership has power, I'll be calling tomorrow and bringing Bernard in as soon as I can get rescheduled for the clearbra. Our appt for last week was a bust!
Washed the hurricane debris and dirt off this afternoon, but am holding off on the claybar, Epic, etc until the clearbra is on since they strip it all off the hood to apply the shield. Can't wait to get some good pictures to post.

Monica, what color is Mary Minica? The pic looks like Oxygen Blue, but I know it doesn't come in the S.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:30 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gbsim
If my dealership has power, I'll be calling tomorrow and bringing Bernard in as soon as I can get rescheduled for the clearbra. Our appt for last week was a bust!
Washed the hurricane debris and dirt off this afternoon, but am holding off on the claybar, Epic, etc until the clearbra is on since they strip it all off the hood to apply the shield. Can't wait to get some good pictures to post.

Monica, what color is Mary Minica? The pic looks like Oxygen Blue, but I know it doesn't come in the S.
Glad to hear every one is okay and your getting back to normal. Let's hope Ike stays away and downgrades quickly!

Old 09-07-2008, 07:32 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Maersk Wind is nearing California!!!
Last reported at 2008-Sep-08 00:00 UTC. Time now 2008-Sep-08 01:16 UTC.
Position N 29°06', W 116°24'.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:22 PM
kechman8
3rd Gear
I missed two calls from my dealership.... called back but got a recording saying they are experiencing heavy call volumes..

Wonder what that was about? Didn't leave a message, either. Guess I'll have to satisfy my curiosity and call back tomorrow...

Old 09-07-2008, 08:29 PM
kechman8
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by gbsim

gmsim - hope the rest of your cleanup goes fast and smooth. Looking forward to your posted pics.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:47 PM
twieland
1st Gear
Congrats Mr. Wickham, tomorrow is finally your day! I agree with Chugiakgirl, Markel did a great job with my tint (I went with 35%) all around. I still haven't gotten any pictures posted yet, because of the rain my clubbie's been too dirty! Can't wait to see yours, and will get some pictures of my own up soon!

Originally Posted by mrwickham
Great videos. My MINI is here in Omaha and ready to be picked up . Finally, finally, finally. However, I decide to get clearbra so I will get her Monday afternoon. I just couldn't pick her up today and then have to send her back for clearbra. Plus with my luck I'd fall foul of some semi truck, so I'll wait cool in the knowledge that Monday I'll be driving and she'll have some protection.

Tomorrow I'll probably have to swing by to see her and snap a few pics for everyone. Next up will be some tinting, but I want to see a few examples first.

Big huge relief, but man was it hard telling the MA thanks for the news, but let's do Monday after some clearbra.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:55 PM
wgrzanic
2nd Gear
Well, here it is! Took this picture today at my parents' house. This car is just retardedly fun to drive. I've never looked for excuses to go out and drive before. I hope that those of you still waiting get your cars soon, and that the rest of you are having great fun motoring!

-Will

Old 09-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Bemmerondubs
2nd Gear
Nice car wgrzanic!! Ours are alot alike minus the stripes and wheels.

We need to get some more pics on here I will be posting some more of mine this week after I detail it. I am also waiting to see what happens with Ike

Old 09-07-2008, 09:39 PM
kechman8
3rd Gear
looks awesome, wgrzanic. Dark Silver was my very close second choice for my Clubman. Dark paints always look terrific when sparkling clean! Congrats.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:58 PM
LaurenC
1st Gear
Wgrzanic looking good i like the stripes. I almost went dark silver and black I thought it would be more grown up of me and less ostentatious and I really like the dark silver on alot of cars. But I had wanted the lightning blue since I first saw the mini at 17, and i couldnt part with my dream.

Old 09-07-2008, 10:48 PM
jessitron
1st Gear
Well, I finally got a return call from my MA, looks like mine will be ready anywhere from the 14th to the 18th. (which means my car will sit at the VDC for a week?...It's not that far, I should just go there and pick it up!!!) I'm really starting to get frustrated with this waiting thing. Ever try using public transport in Southern California? I now understand why so many people drive down here. It's damn near impossible to get anywhere under 2 hours!. I will really cherish every motoring minute I will have soon, even the stupid traffic I always seem to get stuck in!

keep posting pictures you guys!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-08-2008, 04:06 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Maersk Wind MINIs nearing home:
Last reported at 2008-Sep-08 06:00 UTC. Time now 2008-Sep-08 11:02 UTC.
Position N 30°48', W 117°12'.

No siesta in Tijuana!!!

Last edited by sikamini; 09-08-2008 at 04:14 AM.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:10 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by wgrzanic
Well, here it is! Took this picture today at my parents' house. This car is just retardedly fun to drive. I've never looked for excuses to go out and drive before. I hope that those of you still waiting get your cars soon, and that the rest of you are having great fun motoring!

-Will
Beautifull!!!! More pics!

Mrwickham congrats and don't forget the camera!!

Old 09-08-2008, 04:33 AM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by wgrzanic

-Will
I was thinking about getting those stone guards, but your pictures helped me decide I don't think I want them. I'm going to have my Clear Bra installer add some film there instead.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:34 AM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
Hopefully my car shows up today.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:38 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Here is a pic of my two girls and me courtesy of my friend AJ. Glad I didn't break his lens!
Week 32 Support Group-imgp0450.jpg

Old 09-08-2008, 04:45 AM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini
Here is a pic of my two girls and me courtesy of my friend AJ. Glad I didn't break his lens!
Attachment 36818
Very nice. Yellow was on the short list of colors for mine.

Just curious. Why didn't you get the Challenge wheels?

Old 09-08-2008, 04:54 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RaceTripper
Very nice. Yellow was on the short list of colors for mine.

Just curious. Why didn't you get the Challenge wheels?
It was a hard choice, but in the end I just looked at the photos and liked the spokes just a little bit more. I think the weight was about the same so I didn't really have to consider that as a major reason. I will say that on some colors the Challenge wheels look better to me.

Old 09-08-2008, 05:16 AM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
It was a hard choice, but in the end I just looked at the photos and liked the spokes just a little bit more. I think the weight was about the same so I didn't really have to consider that as a major reason. I will say that on some colors the Challenge wheels look better to me.
OK. Your taste and mine must be different. When I was considering a Cooper S (rather than JCW) I had planned to pick an option to avoid getting the spoke wheels.

I like the Challenge on any color. They remind me somewhat of the E46 M3 Competition Package wheels, which I regretted not getting for my M3.

Old 09-08-2008, 05:25 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
OK. Your taste and mine must be different. When I was considering a Cooper S (rather than JCW) I had planned to pick an option to avoid getting the spoke wheels.

I like the Challenge on any color. They remind me somewhat of the E46 M3 Competition Package wheels, which I regretted not getting for my M3.
Oh, I went back and forth on the issue, my safety net was that I figured if I didn't like my choice I could eventually get both wheels. I want to get some AX tires someday and I plan on getting the Challenge wheels for that!

Old 09-08-2008, 05:36 AM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
That makes sense, although I bet you can get a much lighter weight wheel for less than the Challenge. BMW/MINI OEM wheels are very expensive when purchased as accessories. OZ is about to come out with a 13.5 lb. 17" Alleggerita wheel for the MINI. Maybe it will clear the BBK on the JCW.

BTW: I came to St. Louis from Houston. We lived in Bellaire (sp?). But that was back in the 60s. I've been in St. Louis since 1966 & have never been back to Houston.

Old 09-08-2008, 05:47 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
That makes sense, although I bet you can get a much lighter weight wheel for less than the Challenge. BMW/MINI OEM wheels are very expensive when purchased as accessories. OZ is about to come out with a 13.5 lb. 17" Alleggerita wheel for the MINI. Maybe it will clear the BBK on the JCW.

BTW: I came to St. Louis from Houston. We lived in Bellaire (sp?). But that was back in the 60s. I've been in St. Louis since 1966 & have never been back to Houston.
Nice rim, I'll have to keep it on the short list with the Challenge.
Houston and Bellaire have changed a bit since the 60's. We live in the Rice Village area in the West Houston platt which is between Morningside and Kirby Drive. Bellaire is just down the road a bit, very close. I came to Houston from Massachussetts in 1974, and before that from Finland in 1968.

Old 09-08-2008, 05:53 AM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
I came to Houston from Massachussetts in 1974, and before that from Finland in 1968.
Before Houston I was from Heidelberg, Germany.

Quick Reply: Week 32 Support Group