1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 32 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 07:19 PM
gbsim
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrwickham
I agree it seems like all the dealerships are clueless about the adapter. I just think the adapter should also do the ipod integration - not just charge and boast
I agree!! And then you have to pay for the adapter too and the armrest is useless without it!

I had an unused ipod nano that I got free with a laptop purchase last year. Had never bothered to use it since I used the iphone for music/podcasts. Broke it out of its wrapper the day I picked up Bernard and it's great. Holds enough music to make me happy, syncs with the macbook just as easy as the iphone. Tiny, stays totally out of sight and I only have to unhook it when I need to update podcasts and music.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:17 AM
tinker_06
4th Gear
Darn.. I just checked that speadsheet and I don't think the snap in adapter is available for my smart phone. Just changed services a couple months ago and bought all new phones... not realizing a MINI was in my very near future! Oh well, the bluetooth is awesome and my phone is almost always charged when I leave the house so I'll just keep it in the purse. I would however LOVE to get rid of the ipod wires under the air cond. controls... that's a pain!

Phantom, I have an old lambwool glove and some other older microfiber clothes I use for the wheels. I have epic on them and top coated it with this 'ultra' polish they gave me for my clear bra - they still get dirty, but I'd say I reduced the dirt by 50% and they aren't too bad to clean.

mrwickham, I am thinking of bring my car back to the clear-bra place... they didn't do a great job on the mirrors and down by the fog lights it is not sealed all the way. As far as tinting, I got a 30% non-metalic tint all the way around. I forget the brand, but it was the most expensive brand, but they had a demo there showing me how much heat it reduced and I was sold. (put my hand under a hot bulb, and they blocked it with all their tints so I could feel the difference between them). The heat in the car has been greatly reduced.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:39 AM
gbsim
3rd Gear
Help! I've realized lately that one of the "seven deadly sins" has come firmly to roost in my life!

PRIDE! I'm always thinking people will notice Bernard while I'm out driving. I so want people to ask about him! I admire him when walking back to my parking space.....

I've got a book discussion group this AM and I am hoping that a nearby neighbor will want to carpool so that I can drive and show him off!

I wonder if this feeling will begin to taper off after a while??

Old 09-17-2008, 07:26 AM
RoadTrip2
3rd Gear
RaceTripper -

Looks like we'll get to see your JCW this Saturday. We will be attending the Wine Run in the morning as guest. We already had plans for the afternoon, but the club told us to come for the greet and drive. We're looking forward to meeting other StL Mini owners/enthusiasts and possibly joining the club in the future.

PS: Since it's a daily driver, we already have 700 miles on the MCS.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:46 AM
Bemmerondubs
2nd Gear
Ive been really busy lately with school so i havent had time to post but I am almost up to 1000 miles already Over the weekend I did the whole Zaino exterior poliosh and protection and the car looks like glass all over!! I also put a window polish that removed these wierd streaks that looked like it could be excess cosmoline. I finished it all off with some black WOW and it is worth every penny. The car was spotless so I decided to take some better picks of Luigi. On another note I cant wait to change to ceramic brake bads cause the brake dust is just rediculous!

Old 09-17-2008, 10:28 AM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Bemmerondubs
Ive been really busy lately with school so i havent had time to post but I am almost up to 1000 miles already Over the weekend I did the whole Zaino exterior poliosh and protection and the car looks like glass all over!! I also put a window polish that removed these wierd streaks that looked like it could be excess cosmoline. I finished it all off with some black WOW and it is worth every penny. The car was spotless so I decided to take some better picks of Luigi. On another note I cant wait to change to ceramic brake bads cause the brake dust is just rediculous!
I haven't posted for awhile either. I am having the same wierd streaks at the tops of my windows (especially noticeable after it rains). What kind of polish are you using? ... and what is WOW? Thanks!

Old 09-17-2008, 10:34 AM
Tu13es
5th Gear
I'm at just over 800 miles. My oil filters are due in tomorrow, so I'll be giving it an oil change sometime soon. Just have to go find somewhere that stocks RP.

I think I'll give it a wash and another coat of Epic tonight.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:11 AM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RoadTrip2
RaceTripper -

Looks like we'll get to see your JCW this Saturday. We will be attending the Wine Run in the morning as guest. We already had plans for the afternoon, but the club told us to come for the greet and drive. We're looking forward to meeting other StL Mini owners/enthusiasts and possibly joining the club in the future.

PS: Since it's a daily driver, we already have 700 miles on the MCS.

Yes, I'll be there with my wife. I know several of the club members from track days, but look forward to meeting you and others.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:28 PM
Bemmerondubs
2nd Gear
I used the Z-12 Window polish from Zaino. It removed those streaks and I am sure will come in handy in the future to. It is also supposed to remove those permanent looking water spots in the windows road film, that interior glass film and makes the glass really clean looking. I know this is probablly a product for the more OCD type detailer but it really worked well to remove those streaks. Black WOW is a plastic trim polish/protectant but it works incredibly well and considering how much plastic trimming the Mini has I think it is a MUST have for all MC owners. It seems to be hands down the most popular plastic trim product on here and it was created by a member of the forum and Mini owner!

Here is the link: http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...oduct_Count=16

Old 09-17-2008, 12:48 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Bemmerondubs
I used the Z-12 Window polish from Zaino. It removed those streaks and I am sure will come in handy in the future to. It is also supposed to remove those permanent looking water spots in the windows road film, that interior glass film and makes the glass really clean looking. I know this is probablly a product for the more OCD type detailer but it really worked well to remove those streaks. Black WOW is a plastic trim polish/protectant but it works incredibly well and considering how much plastic trimming the Mini has I think it is a MUST have for all MC owners. It seems to be hands down the most popular plastic trim product on here and it was created by a member of the forum and Mini owner!

Here is the link: http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...oduct_Count=16
Thanks for the info!!! I'm on the OCD side for sure!

Old 09-17-2008, 03:56 PM
rtwerk222
2nd Gear
Mini started production on August 4th. Mini was born on August 8th. Mini began its transatlantic voyage on August 14th. Mini arrived state-side on Sept. 9th. Mini arrived at Utah dealership on Sept. 15th. I'll take delivery tomorrow, Sept. 18th. Whoo Hoooo!! Dealership could have delivered today but I had them install tint, clear-bra, and navigation system. Excited for the morrow!

Old 09-17-2008, 03:58 PM
PhantomMC
3rd Gear
Sun roof

It was sunny and pretty hot when I went to get in Phantom after work today. Sure enough, I had the "sunroof won't open because of the heat" problem. I put the windows down, and in a couple minutes (by the time I'd left the parking lot and gotten to the first traffic signal) the roof opened normally. From what I've read, it's just a "feature" of the MINI that those of us with a sunroof get to live with.

Just over 160 miles in Phantom now. A lot more coming this weekend.

Old 09-17-2008, 04:26 PM
Tu13es
5th Gear
BTW, anyone done an oil change yet? Or do I get to be the first?

Old 09-17-2008, 04:46 PM
msvic
1st Gear
Hi, everyone!! I'm still one of the few sad west coasters, still waiting... How long did it take for anyone who had a JCW aero kit/spoiler installed from arrival at the VDC to your dealers?? Thanks a bunch, I've been waiting almost 12 weeks now, and going crazy!

Old 09-17-2008, 04:52 PM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by msvic
Hi, everyone!! I'm still one of the few sad west coasters, still waiting... How long did it take for anyone who had a JCW aero kit/spoiler installed from arrival at the VDC to your dealers?? Thanks a bunch, I've been waiting almost 12 weeks now, and going crazy!
I didn't get the Aero kit, but I did get the driving lamps installed at the VDC and my car was there from 8/28 until it showed up at my dealer the evening of 9/8. I took delivery two days later. The irony is they installed the wrong lamps. I asked for chrome and got black.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:02 PM
kechman8
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by rtwerk222
Mini started production on August 4th. Mini was born on August 8th. Mini began its transatlantic voyage on August 14th. Mini arrived state-side on Sept. 9th. Mini arrived at Utah dealership on Sept. 15th. I'll take delivery tomorrow, Sept. 18th. Whoo Hoooo!! Dealership could have delivered today but I had them install tint, clear-bra, and navigation system. Excited for the morrow!
all right, rtwerk!!! I'm excited for you! I know you will report back on your experience (and provide pics!). Hope you carve out some time for some leisurely motoring.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:04 PM
kechman8
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by PhantomMC
It was sunny and pretty hot when I went to get in Phantom after work today. Sure enough, I had the "sunroof won't open because of the heat" problem. I put the windows down, and in a couple minutes (by the time I'd left the parking lot and gotten to the first traffic signal) the roof opened normally. From what I've read, it's just a "feature" of the MINI that those of us with a sunroof get to live with.

Just over 160 miles in Phantom now. A lot more coming this weekend.
Phantom - sorry to hear that. About how hot was it when this happened? Is it the interior temp or exterior temp that makes the difference?

Old 09-17-2008, 05:11 PM
tinker_06
4th Gear
Hi everyone! I was out riding all over today, now have about 750 miles!!

Help! I've realized lately that one of the "seven deadly sins" has come firmly to roost in my life!

PRIDE! I'm always thinking people will notice Bernard while I'm out driving. I so want people to ask about him! I admire him when walking back to my parking space.....
gbsim, this made me laugh.. I think I am right up there with the sinning too!! I just LOVE my Mini (I know, I know.. I have already said that!!) It's funny, I went to my hairdressers and one of the ladies came out admiring 'my baby' and the funny thing is, I was beaming with pride!! LOL

Bemmer, there you are!! Wondering where you disappeared to. Thanks for the link about Zaino!

Chugaikgirl, good to see you back here too!!

Tu13es, I am planning on an early oil change - maybe about 1200 - 1500 miles. I'll enlist my dear hubby to do it for me!

msvic, 12 weeks - that's crazy!! I certainly would go insane waiting - 6 weeks was about all I could take!! Good thing though... it won't be so hard 'next time' (at this point, I think I will be a MINI owner forever) since I already have one!

rtwert, Gosh - I remember how excited I was, so I am sure you must be too! CONGRATS, and don't forget.... WE NEED PICTURES!!!

Old 09-17-2008, 05:49 PM
PhantomMC
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by kechman8
Phantom - sorry to hear that. About how hot was it when this happened? Is it the interior temp or exterior temp that makes the difference?
I think it was the interior temp. It was probably only in the upper 70s outside, but very bright and sunny, and the car was closed up. It was much hotter inside when I opened it up. It is nice to be able to open the windows with the remote from outside the car. It seemed to cool down pretty quickly, though, once I had it opened up. I knew this sunroof thing was a problem. There are several threads on NAM about it. But, I consider it a small annoyance, and I will live with it. I couldn't have been in the car more than a couple minutes before the roof did open normally. Thanks, kechman8, for the sympathy. We all expect our new babies to be perfect... and none of them are perfect (though I have to say that this is the first thing about Phantom that I've found that isn't just right).

Old 09-17-2008, 06:06 PM
gbsim
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by tinker_06
Darn.. I just checked that speadsheet and I don't think the snap in adapter is available for my smart phone. Just changed services a couple months ago and bought all new phones...
What Tinker, you bought a new phone and didn't get an iphone?? I love mine!

Road and RaceTripper, hope you have great weather this weekend!

Bemmer and Chugiak, welcome back! Bemmer are you "in" school or teaching?

Hang in there MsVic!! Savor the moment and have fun tomorrow rtwerk!!

Aaack Phantom! Bummer, but at least it opened up quickly when you got in. That's one problem that I haven't read about yet!

I "discovered" the sport button today. Had read somewhere about not using it during breakin. Which I now know isn't true. What a difference! Wowzer!! I have blast off now instead of gimping along for the first 20 feet!

Also a small thing that I found is that I'm used to planting my left foot down after years of driving the SUVs and trucks. The metal plate along the left side of the footwell on my standard is absolutely perfect for stretching out my left leg and very comfy.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:27 PM
PhantomMC
3rd Gear
Week 32 Support Group Members

I searched through many of the 1800+ posts, as well as the status list in a separate thread, and put together this list of Week 32 Support Group Members. This is everyone I could find who actually had a MINI born during Week 32, 2008. I'm sure there are errors and omissions, but I hope not too many. I thought this might be helpful to those of us who want to keep this thread going for some time. I hope we continue to share our experiences, our discoveries, and all the good (lots) and bad (few) things about being a MINI owner.

The list contains the NAM name, the location, the name of the MINI, and the basic style and color of the MINI. I have question marks where I could not find the information. Rather than have a lot of copies of this post put on the thread, if you have an addition or correction, PM me, and I'll post an updated list once a week or so. Unless someone has a better idea, of course. I'm always open to better ideas!

OK, here's the list:

Week 32 Support Group Members:

Calmante .... Fall River, MA .... Ian (MC BRG/W)
minilovejoy .... Madison, CT .... Luigi (MC BRG/B)
Tu13es .... Hudson, NH .... ???? (JCW LaB/B)
NJWilliam .... Hamilton, NJ .... (MCS CR/B) - never posted to Week 32 thread
Zouzouetmoi .... Houston, TX .... ???? (MCCS PW/B)
Bemmerondubs .... Miami, Fl .... Luigi (MCS DS/B)
tinker_06 .... Venice, FL .... Lucy (MCSa PW/B)
woohoo .... DC .... Stanley (MCS AB)
twieland .... Omaha, NE .... ???? (MCCSa PW/B)
sikamini .... Houston, TX .... Hilla (JCW MY/MY)
Chugiakgirl .... Omaha, NE .... Black Rook (MCS AB/W)
wgrzanic .... Chicago, IL .... Bondy (MCSa DS)
ephotodfw .... Grand Prairie, TX .... Zazu (MCCS DS/B)
gbsim .... Port Hudson, LA .... Bernard (MCCS LaB/S)
h8w8in .... Dallas(Corinth),TX .... ???? (MCS LB/LB)
LBMCS702 .... Las Vegas, NV .... ???? (MCS LB/W)
denstep57 .... Bremerton, WA .... ???? (MCS MY/W)
jimj .... Fremont, CA .... ???? (JCWC SS/S)
Doc_Cooper .... Playa Vista, CA .... ???? (MCS AB/AB)
kechman8 .... San Mateo, CA .... ???? (MCCSa PW/B)
rtwerk222 .... North Ogden, UT .... ???? (MCS DS/W)
plutch .... Seattle, WA .... ???? (MCS DS/W)
Globalvet .... Portland, OR .... (JCWC CR/B) - never posted to Week 32 thread
RaceTripper .... St. Louis, MO .... "My Car" (JCW CR/W)
RoadTrip2 .... New Melle, MO .... Fergie (MCS CR/CR)
PhantomMC .... Dayton, OH .... Phantom (MCa PS/PS)
Mrwickham .... Omaha, NE .... ???? (MCS AB/AB)
k3imibbg .... Jacksonville, FL .... (MCC SS/B) - never posted to Week 32 thread
finaddict .... ?????, WA .... ???? (JCW PW/PW)
jessitron .... San Diego, CA .... ???? (??? AB/??)
Satang .... ?????, CA .... ???? (MCS CR/B)
LaurenC .... ?????, ? .... "Mine" (MCS LiB/W)
MWhinnery .... Fairborn, OH .... Mary Minica (MCCS LB/W)
WhiteLightning08 .... ?????, ? .... Oxy (MCSa PW/B)
BR55 .... ?????, ? .... ???? (MC PW/??)
amgkid .... ?????,? .... Trogdor (MCS MY/B)
rjvegas .... Las Vegas, NV .... ???? (??? ??/??)
tancred .... Omaha, NE .... Tancred (MCC CR/B)
msvic .... ?????, ? .... ???? (MCS LB/B)
Reldieh .... ?????, ? .... Darth Small (MCCS DS/B)
loesches .... Eppstein, GA .... ???? (JCWC PW/B)

Old 09-17-2008, 07:03 PM
mrwickham
2nd Gear
Phantom - excellent job with the status list. I still haven't arrived at a name. I know I need to but it just hasn't hit me yet (the name that is). I did have tint added today so I'll be taking some pictures and posting the new improvement. Clearbra was replace and the exact same thing happened - little non sticking section below the side mirrors - needless to the say the manager was not very please and is have the person come out to my job to fix the issue and detail the vehicle inside . We'll see what it looks like tomorrow, but I'm certainly happy that they are trying to make it right.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:04 PM
jessitron
1st Gear
cool phantom

well today is a happy day for me. I'm finally picking my baby up tomorrow!!! Still don't have a name, but I'll know soon....Oh and I was so excited earlier, I knocked over a bottle of mountain dew right on my laptop !!! Obviously it still works...yeah Sony Vaio, for withstanding 15 fluid oz. of nothing but the dew!

Old 09-17-2008, 07:06 PM
gbsim
3rd Gear
Love the status list! Thanks Phantom!

It helped me realize that Zouzou was also in Houston along with Sikamini. I'm sure they are tired of being without power but hope that is all of their problem and not something more serious.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:23 PM
finaddict
1st Gear
Ok the long wait is over, I think I may just about be the last one of week 32 to get their car..... the long wait is over.....

Quick Reply: Week 32 Support Group