1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 32 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 12:01 PM
plutch
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just received my painted red mirror caps from Minspeed.net. They look pretty good. Now I just need the car to put them on. I might have another week before I pick it up in Portland. The JCW Aero Kit is taking awhile to install.

This thread is a little quiet right now, hopefully all of you are out driving!

Old 09-20-2008, 02:04 PM
gbsim
3rd Gear
Photos of Bernard post detailing.... I'm still recovering!!!
More in the gallery.
Now to figure out how to add the badge to my signature!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 09-20-2008, 05:04 PM
rtwerk222
2nd Gear
Great Job gbsim, I really like BERNARD's driving lights. I REALLY wanted a pair myself but the MA said they would be about $750 installed so I backed away from it . . . but I know in my heart of hearts that they will happen some day.

As this thread becomes older and older it may be somewhat problematic with respect to the posts we make into it. For example:

I was trying to program my phone voice commands. I did two flawlessly at the dealership however at home it went like this . .
I would say "Save Name"
Auto would say "Say Name"
I would then say the name . . .
Auto would then say " Would you like to delete so-and-so"
I would say "No"
Auto would say "System Off"
For some reason it would not accept my voice commands. So, I gave it a rest for about ten minutes, tried again, and everything worked just as it's outlined in the manual.

So if this happens to you, you may consider trying again.

Now, back to the posting issue. This post could clearly belong to the iPhone, Voice Commands, and Bluetooth threads as well as we 32 weekers, or should I say the MOTORING 32nd. !!!

Old 09-21-2008, 05:54 AM
tinker_06
4th Gear
Good morning!! We sure are a quiet bunch lately!! Hopefully, we can keep this thread ongoing. It's nice to hear how others are doing and stuff!!

gbsim, Bernard is handsome!!!! It sure is a lot of work, but the good thing once done, it doesn't have to be done again for a while, and they are so much better protected and look fantastic!!

I didn't go anywhere yesterday!! I have been running around all week, needed a down time! Friday though.. I was driving through a parking lot and there sat another PW/B MCS! It's the 2nd one in our city that I spotted the same color. I know there is also a black, MY and 2 CR's. I think my husband will be the first one with a clubman - as I have not seen one anywhere. Back to the PW/B I saw park.. it was dusty and dirty!! It didn't look nearly as nice as Lucy (if I must say so) but the color looked different. My husband actually thought it was a older model with a different paint color. It was much a much more darker cream... ??

Old 09-21-2008, 05:55 AM
tinker_06
4th Gear
rtwerk, I am finally getting the hangof the voice commands and it is working pretty darn good except it has trouble with peoples names. Most of my calls are to my top 8 so I give the top 8 command and just scroll to the name I need.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:22 AM
rtwerk222
2nd Gear
Tinker, If I get REALLY BRAVE today I just might try to change over the microphone. I seem to have resolved the issue with regard to in-putting names via voice command.

Do you have a name for the "voice" in the car.

Yesterday was the first saturday we've owned our MINI . . . showers of and on and I didn't want to drive our new MINI in the rain

Old 09-21-2008, 07:06 AM
tinker_06
4th Gear
rtwerk, I too was VERY nervous about doing the microphone - but really - trust me it is VERY easy and helped a lot for people on the other end of the phone.

Hummm.. I didn't name my voice as to me it's just Lucy! However, on my old car, I had a Garmin Streetpilot.. the screen was violet in color, and it rhymed, Violett the Streetpilot - so it was called Violet!

it was raining the other night and I didn't want to take her out either!! Hopefully - you'll have good weather!! I just LOVE my MINI!!

Old 09-21-2008, 07:36 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by PhantomMC
I've been watching news coverage from Texas of the effects of Ike. I hope we hear from sikimini soon, and I hope he and his family (and Hilla) are OK. I suspect they are, but are without power. Just heard an estimate that as many as 3 million people are without power and it could be weeks before all power is restored.
Originally Posted by zouzouetmoi
We live in Sugar Land, suburb of Houston. We got power back around 5 last night. I hope sikimini is ok too...I doubt they have internet even if they had a generator.

This is the third weekend that something has happened that I cannot drive the (unnamed still) Clubman. My wife drives it to work and I get it on the weekends. The roads around here are still full of debris so it's staying in the garage.
Originally Posted by tinker_06
gbsim, how did Ike effect your location? I am thinking Sikamini must be without power... as he is a faithful poster! Hope Hilla is okay too!
Thank you all! After eight days we finally have power. Everyone is fine, - cats, Hilla and us. We suffered some roof damage, probably in the last hours of the storm. We ended up with the dirty clean side of Ike. Houston is a mess, but at least we're still here. I've had Hilla tucked safely in our garage, so I really didn't have to worry about her very much. Glad to see the nice pics again. It was hard not letting anyone know we were okay, but so many faired a lot worse than us, and my thoughts go out to everyone who suffered from this tragedy. I've had some choice words about my thoughts on above ground power lines in the fourth largest city in the US, it's a topic I've warned about in the past and Ike just proved my point. I won't rant about that anymore, and I want to catch up with what everone has been up to!

Old 09-21-2008, 08:04 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RoadTrip2
I've been thinking about an "Official 2008 Week 32er" badge for my signature, so here it is. Now that I've created it, I thought I might get some decals or mag badges made. I'm going to do some research on the quantity/cost and I'll post what I learn.

Thanks for the sig!!

Old 09-21-2008, 08:46 AM
gbsim
3rd Gear
Sikamini!!! Great too hear from you!! Sorry about your roof, but glad you are doing okay now!

HELP! I've wasted an hour trying to get both the Week 32 and the Laser Blue Clubman Badges on my signature. If I don't have a Paint program (I'm apple) how do I do this?

Old 09-21-2008, 08:52 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gbsim
Sikamini!!! Great too hear from you!! Sorry about your roof, but glad you are doing okay now!

HELP! I've wasted an hour trying to get both the Week 32 and the Laser Blue Clubman Badges on my signature. If I don't have a Paint program (I'm apple) how do I do this?
Are you trying to combine the two in a single "jpg"?

Old 09-21-2008, 10:04 AM
mrwickham
2nd Gear
Spent most of yesterday afternoon working up a sweat. Black wow, Clay, & then Epic. Lots of fun. I still can't get over what clay does to the finish - smooth, smooth, smooth.

Today I'm going to work on the interior - Tinting has been up since Wednesday so I don't think Clarity will hurt the windows. This is still very fun.
Glad to see sikamini & others back in the boards with the return of power.
Motoring 32nds just keep going.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:11 AM
kechman8
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mrwickham
Spent most of yesterday afternoon working up a sweat. Black wow, Clay, & then Epic. Lots of fun. I still can't get over what clay does to the finish - smooth, smooth, smooth.

Today I'm going to work on the interior - Tinting has been up since Wednesday so I don't think Clarity will hurt the windows. This is still very fun.
Glad to see sikamini & others back in the boards with the return of power.
Motoring 32nds just keep going.
Mr. Wickham - you have to try some Slick on the exterior windows if you have it. It has been posted elsewhere on another thread - I tried it on Trooper yesterday - pretty cool. Leaves a gloss that is hard to describe. I didn't even know a window could 'glow'.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:12 AM
masterd78
MANIAC
Wow, I just noticed this thread was recently posted on, and it took me back. 1 year ago I was on this thread waiting for my Beast. Just thought I would share a little flashback with y'all. Granted I was in the 2007 group, but I was a week 32er also!! Congrats all of ya!!

Old 09-21-2008, 10:16 AM
kechman8
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini
Thank you all! After eight days we finally have power. Everyone is fine, - cats, Hilla and us. We suffered some roof damage, probably in the last hours of the storm. We ended up with the dirty clean side of Ike. Houston is a mess, but at least we're still here. I've had Hilla tucked safely in our garage, so I really didn't have to worry about her very much. Glad to see the nice pics again. It was hard not letting anyone know we were okay, but so many faired a lot worse than us, and my thoughts go out to everyone who suffered from this tragedy. I've had some choice words about my thoughts on above ground power lines in the fourth largest city in the US, it's a topic I've warned about in the past and Ike just proved my point. I won't rant about that anymore, and I want to catch up with what everone has been up to!
Sikamini is IN THE HOUSE!!! Very happy to hear you are ok!! Welcome back!

Old 09-21-2008, 10:18 AM
kechman8
3rd Gear
First Week Impressions and Random Thoughts..

Hi all - Just wanted to share some thoughts on my First Week Experience:

* I continue to be pleased with the Hi Fi system - maybe it is due to reading beforehand all the negatives written about it on this site, but I was pleasantly surprised from the beginning and continue to think that it sounds pretty good. I do not play my music at extreme volumes but do like my thump-thump music LOUD. It does the job.
* First tank: 343 miles, 12.2 gals, assuming that the dealer filled up the tank => 28.1 mpg. Not bad for a first tank, actually very happy. ~3/4 freeway driving, 1/4 city. I did not baby the car but of course stayed within 'guidelines' during break in. Varying 10 mph on the freeway every few minutes on the freeway obviously does not help gas mileage, so I am hopeful that I can reach 30 mpg on my Auto S clubbie without having to move like a slug on the roads.
* Update on 'the squeak': gone! Released the back seat latch, sprayed some WD-40. Presto! Gone! Woo hoo for not going bonkers hearing that constant GROAN from the back right of the car every time I go over uneven pavement. What a relief.
* This car is as fun to drive as I expected it to be. Like everyone else, I find excuses just to DRIVE. Taking my kids to swimming Saturday mornings has never been more fun. I look forward to hitting the rush hour traffic going to work (ok, not really, but it makes it easier driving Trooper). I am loving the attention this car gets everywhere I go. I can't wait to really drive it hard after break in!
* The interior design: I am actually getting used to the Death Star speedometer. The only drawback is that my wife is now very aware of how fast I am driving: "you are going to get a ticket if you don't slow down!!". I love the silver checkered pattern trim. My only regret is not plunking down the $$ for a cream color trimline - everything is dark grey or silver in my cabin, which is fine but after seeing all you other nice folks' interiors with colors that POP, I wish I had done the same.
* Scratches on paint from dealership: found some light scratches on the roof before I even washed the car - it must have been from the dealer prep guys. I was kind of expecting something like this to occur and contemplated asking my dealer NOT to wash the car, but ended up letting them do it since the thought of taking delivery on a dirty car did not appeal to me. I figure I am going to detail the car anyway, and armed with Swirl and a PC, I can make it right.
* I feel the compulsion to customize my 'baby' - really want some stripes soon- have to wait until I get my clearbra on, then will probably go to a local sign shop to get some nice wide racing stripes. Since there are so many PW/B out there, am thinking of some different stripe color. I guess I will be doing some Photoshopping to see what color stripes may work well with PW. I also have on order from Classic Mini front/rear mudflaps and checkered mirrors. Can't wait to put them on.

That's it for now. Back to motoring some more!

Old 09-21-2008, 11:44 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by kechman8
Sikamini is IN THE HOUSE!!! Very happy to hear you are ok!! Welcome back!
Thanks! Hilla has just over 200 miles on her because of Ike, we've been grounded.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:49 AM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
Thanks! Hilla has just over 200 miles on her because of Ike, we've been grounded.
Good to see you fared the weather reasonably well. The storm rolled thru St. Louis and did it's small share of damage here, but nothing like for you all down there.

I lived in Houston as a young child, from '61 - '66. One thing I have memory of is my father boarding up windows every now and then for hurricane warnings. I remember going to bed scared.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:06 PM
gbsim
3rd Gear
Are you trying to combine the two in a single "jpg"?
I hate to say it, but I don't have a clue how to combine them. I don't have a paint or draw program on my laptop (at least not that I know of)

Old 09-21-2008, 12:21 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RaceTripper
Good to see you fared the weather reasonably well. The storm rolled thru St. Louis and did it's small share of damage here, but nothing like for you all down there.

I lived in Houston as a young child, from '61 - '66. One thing I have memory of is my father boarding up windows every now and then for hurricane warnings. I remember going to bed scared.
Yeah, it's a mess here. I tried to listen to the news on my emergency radio and got a pretty good idea that Ike did a fair amount of damage as he cut throught to the north. We lost our power at 4:30 am Saturday, the wind was pretty memorable. I was like the captain of ship pacing the bridge, listening for that final blow which seemed to be coming at any time. To me it felt worse than Alicia in the 80's, maybe I'm just older, but it seemed that once it started there was no break at all. Of course the eye wall just shirted right next to us and Alicia when right over where I was living at the time. It's incredible to think, that the tail end was as strong as the front end, and it remained a hurricane far into north Texas. I hope we don't see anymore storms this year.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:22 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
I hate to say it, but I don't have a clue how to combine them. I don't have a paint or draw program on my laptop (at least not that I know of)
Did you try putting both seperately? Were you working with the Sig-O-Matic?

Old 09-21-2008, 12:34 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Go to where you have the "jpg" and see which programs your apple offers you for opening the file. One of them will be able to edit "jpg"s. I can check on our mac if any of the programs are the same.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Tu13es
5th Gear
Hm, think I'm gonna try and change my oil tonight. Will hit the 1200 mile mark tomorrow.

Old 09-21-2008, 02:48 PM
tinker_06
4th Gear
Sikamini!! Welcome back, good to hear from you!!! So glad you're okay and Hilla too. It's indeed a sad sight in many parts of TX, I am sure. I have been looking at photo's but you really need to be there to know the true devastation. I remember when Charley hit our neighboring county.. it was a small storm, but a powerful cat 4. sad... complete cider block bluiding totally knocked down.

Tues, I have almost 900 miles and my husband agreed to do my first oil change!! Tell us how it goes for you!

Kechman, thanks for your review! I really like the first impressions. I am in 100% agreement with you on the HiFi, sounds very nice to me! You MUST post pictures of your stripes that you end up with!!

Re: my squeak.. I am thinking it might be the back speaker, I am going to see if I can do anything to it!! I'll let you all know if I am successful!

Masterd78, thanks for stopping in!! If you should read this - take a moment and post a '1 year after review' - sure would love to know your feelings!

mrwickhan, sure feels nice to have our babies all shiny and clean!! I'll have to try the Slick on the windows recommend by kechman.

Old 09-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Tu13es
5th Gear
Ugh, turns out we dont have a 36mm socket so no oil change tonight. D'oh.

Quick Reply: Week 32 Support Group