1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 32 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 08:04 PM
PhantomMC
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RaceTripper
You folks just aren't standing on the throttle hard enough. Put that bad boy in Sport, pull the seat closer, and get that throttle planted to the floor.
That's right. Not really interested in doing that. I did get Phantom up to about 85 mph this weekend. It happened really easily. I'm not accustomed to a car that goes like Phantom (and it's justacooper). I had to watch my speed constantly on my trip to VA and back. It's so easy to go fast, and it surely doesn't feel that fast!

But I'm happy that those who do want to stand on the throttle can do so and have so much fun. Go.... RaceTripper!

Old 09-24-2008, 05:33 AM
tinker_06
4th Gear
Phantom, it's great you got the photo's next to your dad's beetle! I am sure he would have been very happy with your new MINI purchase.. I am sorry for your loss...

Whitelighting - love the name!!! FLASH.. goes great with your screen name and the color!!

Tu13es, glad to hear it was a piece of cake!! I am just shy of 1000 miles!!!!!

plutch.... wow.. I surely understand how you feel!!! It's been such a LONG wait for you, but all I can tell you is that it is worth the wait!! Hope the times flies by for you and your new MINI arrives SOON!!

gbsim, I had NO CLUE the sports button was available on both models! I thought it was just for the S's too.

hit the week 23 thread by accident this AM.. and week 32 is a topic of disscussion!!! They were taking about our Badge (which I think looks way nicer than theirs!)

My rattle seems to come and go... but I do think it is where the back speaker is. I am going to try and grease the latch just for the heck of it!

Old 09-24-2008, 05:35 AM
tinker_06
4th Gear
Originally Posted by PhantomMC
That's right. Not really interested in doing that. I did get Phantom up to about 85 mph this weekend. It happened really easily. I'm not accustomed to a car that goes like Phantom (and it's justacooper). I had to watch my speed constantly on my trip to VA and back. It's so easy to go fast, and it surely doesn't feel that fast!

But I'm happy that those who do want to stand on the throttle can do so and have so much fun. Go.... RaceTripper!
Yes - I agree.. you have to watch the speedo for sure!! In FL i-75 is 70 MPH and a LOT of cars travel 80-85 miles and it's not hard to follow. I have noticed though.. when I travel under 70 mph - my mpg is considerably better!

Old 09-24-2008, 05:38 AM
Tu13es
5th Gear
You folks just aren't standing on the throttle hard enough. Put that bad boy in Sport, pull the seat closer, and get that throttle planted to the floor.

I'm getting about 25 MPG, but I'm having fun. I just have to make that JCW exhaust burp and backfire and burble....

If I throw it in sixth and settle in for a highway cruise I get around 36 MPG.
Today I made it a point to drive a little faster and realized that my high MPG is due not to my lack of a lead foot, but the cars in front of me! :P My commute is mostly back roads and about 2 minutes of highway, so I spend a good bit of time stuck behind slow cars or busses. Still prefer it to taking the highway, though.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:47 AM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Tu13es
Today I made it a point to drive a little faster and realized that my high MPG is due not to my lack of a lead foot, but the cars in front of me! :P My commute is mostly back roads and about 2 minutes of highway, so I spend a good bit of time stuck behind slow cars or busses. Still prefer it to taking the highway, though.
You need to take a nice weekend country drive on the twisties.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:52 AM
Tu13es
5th Gear
You need to take a nice weekend country drive on the twisties.
Agreed, but twisties that are in good condition and have no slow drivers on them are a bit tough to come by around here. There's one fun road up north (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sadd...72662&t=h&z=11) that's pretty fun. I'm hoping to get up there when the leaves are changing for a nice drive and some pics.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:59 AM
PhantomMC
3rd Gear
Motorcycle (MINI) Roads

Those of you who like to drive the "twisties" might be interested in this site:

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/

Lot's of nice roads. If they work for motorcycles, they work for MINIs!

Old 09-24-2008, 06:40 AM
WhiteLightning08
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini
Nice choice! Is Flash a boy or girl?
You know, I'm not really sure. Let me think about it!

Old 09-24-2008, 09:46 AM
kechman8
3rd Gear
Just finished changing my oil. Piece of cake. Put four and a half quarts of lovely Royal Purple in and it is good to go.
am curious....when you change the oil yourself what happens to the maintenance mileage countdown? does the computer sense that an oil change occurred and resets itself or does it continue to count down for the next official dealer maintenance? anyone know? am thinking of changing the oil myself soon.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:00 AM
Tu13es
5th Gear
Originally Posted by kechman8
am curious....when you change the oil yourself what happens to the maintenance mileage countdown? does the computer sense that an oil change occurred and resets itself or does it continue to count down for the next official dealer maintenance? anyone know? am thinking of changing the oil myself soon.
Hm, not sure. I know when I started it it still said 15k on the tach for a second. Where do I check?

Old 09-24-2008, 10:40 AM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by kechman8
No, the service tech has to reset it. The reason for that is some people do mid-term oil changes and that should not change the countdown for the oil service that is part of the included maintenance. I always did an oil service between scheduled service on my M3. Unless, you have a MINI out of free maintenance you should not be resetting the service indicator for any reason (unless you are doing scheduled service outside of MINI).

Old 09-24-2008, 03:23 PM
kechman8
3rd Gear
Racetripper, thanks for the reply. That makes sense.

Old 09-25-2008, 03:04 PM
gbsim
3rd Gear
Thanks to Phantom, I've got a signature with photos!

On my way to my monthly classics book group and will get to drive 25 miles of windy country roads after dark!!! Woohoo!!

Old 09-25-2008, 03:52 PM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
Woohoo. I got the JCW Carbon Fiber + Alcantara shifter, e-brake handle, and boots installed. It was easy & looks way cooler than the cheap vinyl boots it came with.

I also got my replacement chrome headlamps. I'll take some new pictures this weekend.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Tu13es
5th Gear
Woohoo. I got the JCW Carbon Fiber + Alcantara shifter, e-brake handle, and boots installed. It was easy & looks way cooler than the cheap vinyl boots it came with.

I also got my replacement chrome headlamps. I'll take some new pictures this weekend.
Nice! How much did all that run you? Looking forward to seeing it.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:22 PM
Bemmerondubs
2nd Gear
Thats awesome I really want to do this cause I really hate the vinyl and the ebrake handle feels like melting chocolate earlly in the morning. Unfortunately I am broke so ill have to wait for this but it seems like the only thing i would like to do to the car? How was the fit of these items does it have an OEM tight fit?

Old 09-25-2008, 06:52 PM
rtwerk222
2nd Gear
Let the MODs begin. They are just doo daa now, but we love em just the same. Oh yeah, and it's obvious that I still haven't quite mastered the attachment of pictures scheme.

Last edited by rtwerk222; 07-30-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:35 PM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
Nice! How much did all that run you? Looking forward to seeing it.

The shifter, e-brake handle and both boots all ran about $325 total. Alcantara is slighter more than leather, but it looks cool and feels great.

Old 09-26-2008, 04:53 AM
tinker_06
4th Gear
Hi everyone!! I hit the 1200 mile mark!! Now I will use the sports button more often. I didn't use it much in the beginning because I found that I am pretty 'heavy on the foot' and would constantly go over 4500 RPM's

I'll look forward to seeing more Mod pictures!! I have done a few myself, but nothing will be too major. I do have the 'actual size' decal on my back window - and it gets a lot of giggles.

I noticed that the thread is slowing down, I do hope we are able to keep it alive. Of course, it will only stay alive if everyone keeps posting - or at least pop in and say 'hello'

Old 09-26-2008, 05:18 AM
Tu13es
5th Gear
I'm trying to contemplate my next 'mod'. I'm thinking the LED bulb kit. I had red lights all in my last car and liked them, though I think the blue will go well with the new one.

I also want to find something to plug the antenna hole with so I can get rid of the RC antenna.

An iPod Mount is up there for me too.

Old 09-26-2008, 05:41 AM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Bemmerondubs
Thats awesome I really want to do this cause I really hate the vinyl and the ebrake handle feels like melting chocolate earlly in the morning. Unfortunately I am broke so ill have to wait for this but it seems like the only thing i would like to do to the car? How was the fit of these items does it have an OEM tight fit?
Everything fits like OEM and looks way better. It should have been in the JCW in the fist place. Next up will be the JCW Alcantara steering wheel.

Old 09-26-2008, 05:46 AM
Tu13es
5th Gear
Everything fits like OEM and looks way better. It should have been in the JCW in the fist place. Next up will be the JCW Alcantara steering wheel.
pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics

Old 09-26-2008, 09:12 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Nice Tinker!! We just passed the 350 mark! Let's see some interior pics. I'll be busy this weekend, but I still need to really read up on all the buttons in the manual. That Nav system is something else.
RaceTripper, did you put your photos in your sig gallery already?

Old 09-26-2008, 09:15 AM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini
RaceTripper, did you put your photos in your sig gallery already?
Not yet. I have some priority stuff to take care of first. I'm trying to put out some fires for work, and preparing for my road trip to Petit Le Mans next week. Pictures will have to wait a bit.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:48 AM
gbsim
3rd Gear
Racetripper, Wow! You've been adding a lot! Makes me feel guilty that all I've done to Bernard is take out the rubber rings from one of the cupholders!

Tinker has inspired me to move the microphone over so I'll attempt that tonight or tomorrow.

Today will be the first Mystique and Hydro wash since last weeks detailing adventure. I'm up to 650 miles now.

What is the general consensus on changing oil at 1200 miles? Are most of you going to do it? I was going to bring it in to the dealership and have it done even though I'll have to pay for it.

Quick Reply: Week 32 Support Group