1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 32 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 02:55 PM
Calmante
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was told 5-6 weeks from order, July 12. I don't see how August 16 could ever happen, but August 23 for a MINI that's close to NYC, I'll believe that.

Old 07-27-2008, 04:59 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by plutch
I am really getting excited for week 32!!! Does anyone know when we might see delivery. I know that everyone here lives in different parts of the country/world, but is late August early September out of the question?
I'm in the Omaha area and have been told the first week of September, but they also said that they weren't ruling out the last week of August. Apparently all the orders they have been receiving have been right at the 6 week mark from the time of order (according to my sales guy). I ordered on Jul 9, but if they don't start production until Aug 3, then I can't see it appearing here until at least the first week of September.

Old 07-27-2008, 05:26 PM
Doc Cooper
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Chugiakgirl
I'm in the Omaha area and have been told the first week of September, but they also said that they weren't ruling out the last week of August. Apparently all the orders they have been receiving have been right at the 6 week mark from the time of order (according to my sales guy). I ordered on Jul 9, but if they don't start production until Aug 3, then I can't see it appearing here until at least the first week of September.

here in CA, we are told 6-8 weeks from date of production week. It takes 21 days from boat trip to come across US down to West coast area... I assume if you in eastern region of US, cut that down by a week or so.

Im predicting 2nd week of Sept.... until then, i need to budget as much as possible for a big down payment (5-8k down )

Another dilemma is that these MINI have excellent resale value... i was thinking about leasing since i dont keep my car for long time, but i think it may be better to just purchase rather than leasing.... although it can become a write off for my business , i do not think that IRS wants to see two business car as a write off.. they may question, "why do you need two cars? "

Old 07-27-2008, 05:29 PM
Doc Cooper
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by RaceTripper
Doing an aftermarket mod on a car only changes the warranty for the parts you mod. If you add an aftermarket suspension the rest of your car will still be covered.

I did not order the Sport Suspension on my JCW. I may or may not get the JCW Suspension or an aftermarket suspension later., but not before I've tracked the stock car. For the street I would not bother changing anything. The stock car is more than good enough for that.

Once you go to descent coilovers, it pretty hard to turn back... you know how sweet our beloved M3s are.. after I installed TCKline coilovers 500lbs all around, man.. that thing rode better than OEM and cornered beautifully without messing up any travel distance... my wife didnt even know (i gotta sneak in mods or wife gets a little ) lol

Although spending over 2k on M3 suspension isnt that bad considering cost of the car, but spending 2k on MINI on suspension... heheh ratio of car value to mod $ is hard to swallow... but again... its fun.. its addicting... im trying not to look at all the mods... but sigh.. i may fail again... mod virus is around my nose...

Old 07-27-2008, 05:36 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Doc Cooper
here in CA, we are told 6-8 weeks from date of production week. It takes 21 days from boat trip to come across US down to West coast area... I assume if you in eastern region of US, cut that down by a week or so.

Im predicting 2nd week of Sept.... until then, i need to budget as much as possible for a big down payment (5-8k down )

Another dilemma is that these MINI have excellent resale value... i was thinking about leasing since i dont keep my car for long time, but i think it may be better to just purchase rather than leasing.... although it can become a write off for my business , i do not think that IRS wants to see two business car as a write off.. they may question, "why do you need two cars? "
I don't think you'll regret purchasing versus leasing. The resale of these little guys is amazingly high. I was considering leasing, but finally decided to buy.

Old 07-27-2008, 05:45 PM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
Once you go to descent coilovers, it pretty hard to turn back... you know how sweet our beloved M3s are.. after I installed TCKline coilovers 500lbs all around, man.. that thing rode better than OEM and cornered beautifully without messing up any travel distance... my wife didnt even know (i gotta sneak in mods or wife gets a little ) lol

Although spending over 2k on M3 suspension isnt that bad considering cost of the car, but spending 2k on MINI on suspension... heheh ratio of car value to mod $ is hard to swallow... but again... its fun.. its addicting... im trying not to look at all the mods... but sigh.. i may fail again... mod virus is around my nose...
Spending anything on suspension for my M3 would have been a big waste of my money. I got advanced enough on the track where I pushed to the edge of my tire traction, so the next step was to upgrade tires and wheels (to R Comps). Upgrading suspension first would have been silly if I didn't have the tires to take advantage of it. Tires should always be the first upgrade, then brakes, suspension, and lastly power. That's what I've always been told in the paddock, by 100% of the experienced people I've talked to. I had an instructor who's a Colonel in the Army and has about 1000 miles on the Nurburgring (from being stationed in Germany). His M3 was bone stock and he told me it was good enough and didn't need upgrades.

If I kept my M3 my next $2k was going to 18" track wheels and tires. There was nothing wrong with my suspension. It was perfect for me.

So will I upgrade to the JCW suspension? Maybe, but not until after I've gotten a set of track wheels and improved my driving to the point where I need another upgrade to go faster.

I think people are too quick to add performance upgrades, and don't realize the most meaningful first upgrade is one you can make to the driver (by participating in DEs). IMHO, if you don't do that, all the other stuff is great for bragging rights and show but it doesn't make you faster.

My $0.02

Last edited by RaceTripper; 07-27-2008 at 06:07 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:50 PM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Chugiakgirl
I don't think you'll regret purchasing versus leasing. The resale of these little guys is amazingly high. I was considering leasing, but finally decided to buy.
If anyone leases, don't get dealer accessories. They don't residualize, so you end up paying full price to use them for just the life of the lease.

My MA recommended against leasing a MINI. Residuals are OK, but money factors are high.

Old 07-27-2008, 05:55 PM
Calmante
3rd Gear
Unfortunately for the West-coasters, the sea voyage is three times as long. I think Southampton - NYC is 1 week.

Our Royal Caribbean honeymoon cruise actually left from that same place... Contrary to what's been stated on these forums, it's actually Bayonne, New Jersey, not Jersey City (but right next to it).

Old 07-27-2008, 10:23 PM
denstep57
1st Gear
Originally Posted by plutch
I am really getting excited for week 32!!! Does anyone know when we might see delivery. I know that everyone here lives in different parts of the country/world, but is late August early September out of the question?
It takes a bit longer to get 'em thru the Panama Canal to California, and then truck 'em up north. I'm thinkin' mid-September at best.

But if I'm wrong, and it gets here quicker, hey, thats a good thing!

Old 07-28-2008, 07:21 AM
ephotodfw
1st Gear
I'm scheduled for production! Are any of you guys as well?
-e

Old 07-28-2008, 08:13 AM
tinker_06
4th Gear
I've been scheduled for production since the day I ordered (last week, july 22) however, it is scheduled for production with no confirmed date as of today. :(

so I wait.. and wait... this is hard!

Old 07-28-2008, 08:48 AM
Calmante
3rd Gear
Still no VIN for me... :(

Old 07-28-2008, 09:50 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
We probably will not see the VINs until the car is already in the production line. I would not expect to see them until next week.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:08 AM
ephotodfw
1st Gear
I've got a VIN today. My MA said my car was sent into production on Sat. It may be here sooner than what we originally thought.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:10 AM
Bemmerondubs
2nd Gear
I called today and they gave me a different message about them getting ready to start production and laying out parts already. Dont really know what that is supposed to mean but the day is getting closer anyways. Our production week begins a week from today

Old 07-28-2008, 10:21 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ephotodfw
I've got a VIN today. My MA said my car was sent into production on Sat. It may be here sooner than what we originally thought.
Congrats! Does that mean you got bumbed to week 31?

Old 07-28-2008, 10:32 AM
ephotodfw
1st Gear
Not sure, I'm still waiting to hear from my MA. All I know is that I wasn't expecting to see a change until late next week, so this is great.

Where did you order yours from sikamini? MOD or Moritz?

Old 07-28-2008, 10:42 AM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ephotodfw
I'm scheduled for production! Are any of you guys as well?
-e
YES! I am scheduled for production!!!

Old 07-28-2008, 10:45 AM
Tu13es
5th Gear
Do you guys just keep bugging your MA for status updates? Or calling ASKMINI? I feel like I don't want to be continually bugging my MA for updates..

Old 07-28-2008, 11:35 AM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Tu13es
Do you guys just keep bugging your MA for status updates? Or calling ASKMINI? I feel like I don't want to be continually bugging my MA for updates..
Call ASKMINI and bug them. They have the most updated info and it's what they are there for.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:41 AM
PhantomMC
3rd Gear
Just talked with AskMINI and was told I'm scheduled for week 32 (next week). He said my production could begin this coming Friday or Saturday. I plan to call next Monday to get an update.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:57 AM
denstep57
1st Gear
1-866-ASK-MINI still says no confirmed production date, but when I 've talked with a rep, they've said week 32 - Aug 4 - next week(!).
Haven't spoke with my MA since ordering (July 5). Havent felt the need to (yet). Should probably call or email just to "check in".

Old 07-28-2008, 12:19 PM
twieland
1st Gear
Another Omaha Week 32'er ...

Chugiakgirl - Another week 32'er from Omaha here ... called 1866ASKMINI this morning hoping I'd been bumped to week 31, no such luck. No VIN# and no change in status (Scheduled for production with no confirmed production date) ... was really hoping to get bumped up, oh well!

Old 07-28-2008, 01:46 PM
Chugiakgirl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by twieland
Chugiakgirl - Another week 32'er from Omaha here ... called 1866ASKMINI this morning hoping I'd been bumped to week 31, no such luck. No VIN# and no change in status (Scheduled for production with no confirmed production date) ... was really hoping to get bumped up, oh well!
Hey! Welcome to the club! When did you place your order? I'm confirmed at week 32 (next week). I ordered on July 9. I finally got bumped on the OL to "scheduled for production". They really are about 2-3 days behind what Ask Mini can tell you.

Old 07-28-2008, 02:00 PM
Tu13es
5th Gear
Originally Posted by denstep57
1-866-ASK-MINI still says no confirmed production date, but when I 've talked with a rep, they've said week 32 - Aug 4 - next week(!).
I called today and they were finally able to confirm the same thing. I'd have liked week 31, but at least now I know for sure.

Woohoo!

Quick Reply: Week 32 Support Group