1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's going to be happier...?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 09:10 PM
hoonu
5th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Who's going to be happier...?

Who's going to be happier when your MINI (finally) gets here?

You?
Your MA? (So you'll finally leave them alone-)
Your husband-wife-fiance-SO?
Your roommate or co-workers?
Your parents?

--Okay. I thought about that for a minute. If you're young enough that you're getting a MINI as your first or close to your first car...we're happy for you...really...Well, maybe a little less so if your folks are footing the bill...Okay, speaking as one of the (probably) many on here who started out with some 197X (earlier or later) POS that may have been a hand-me-down, or salvage project and didn't have air (and/or a working heater) and needed oil as often as gas...maybe we're not that happy...

-but I digress.

Who's going to be doing the biggest happy dance when you're finally Motoring?

Old 07-10-2008, 09:40 PM
BostonJohn
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You forgot to list 1-866-ASK-MINI. I'm sure i've called them a few to many times already

Old 07-11-2008, 07:51 AM
rockridge
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Your wife or girl friend. Because of the fun & great mileage, my wife has driven the car the last two weeks. I have to fight for some drive time...

Old 07-11-2008, 07:55 AM
msduncan
4th Gear
MA
Wife
Coworkers
Ask Mini

All of them will be more relieved than me.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:21 AM
hoonu
5th Gear
You're right. I forgot about ASK MINI. It's bad when they answer and say "hello again, Mr. ..."

Old 07-11-2008, 10:29 AM
Riffster
4th Gear
Originally Posted by hoonu
Your parents?

If you're young enough that you're getting a MINI as your first or close to your first car...we're happy for you...really...Well, maybe a little less so if your folks are footing the bill...Okay, speaking as one of the (probably) many on here who started out with some 197X (earlier or later) POS that may have been a hand-me-down, or salvage project and didn't have air (and/or a working heater) and needed oil as often as gas...maybe we're not that happy...
My parents arent exactly "footing" the bill they just have to co-sign on the loan but i am paying for everything. I wanted it that way so i could really say this mini is mine.

I dont know who is going to be happiest tho. Probably me, cuz i will finally will have mt baby. But also my parents, cuz i wont be talking about it so much, cuz i will be out motoring!

Old 07-11-2008, 10:36 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Poor kids! Luckily my wait time wasn't that bad, and I was already in Europe at the time. I actually had two MINIs purchased over there - and the wait time wasn't any easier...even though I was already driving one MINI, i wanted the whole family together!!!!!

TO answer the question, though, none of the above. My husband thinks I'm even WORSE now about my MINI addiction than I was when I was IMPATIENTLY awaiting it's/their arrival!

[Hey - you forgot to mention the GIHUGIC size of the 19XX POS - mine was a virtual BOAT -, and the by-hand-roll up windows in addition to the no-AC...]

Old 07-11-2008, 10:45 AM
hoonu
5th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
TO answer the question, though, none of the above. My husband thinks I'm even WORSE now about my MINI addiction than I was when I was IMPATIENTLY awaiting it's/their arrival!
Gawd, do not suggest to my wife that that's a possibility. She already puts up with the motorcycle(s), the bicycle, and the intermittent photography addiction.

[Hey - you forgot to mention the GIHUGIC size of the 19XX POS - mine was a virtual BOAT -, and the by-hand-roll up windows in addition to the no-AC...][/QUOTE]

Oh yeah. 17 MPG, leaky trunk, AM radio... that was the hand-me down. The first Datsun was fun, and then I discovered the #3 cylinder with no compression, the piece of wood quieting the timing chain... But the heat worked!

Old 07-11-2008, 11:01 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry dear - the MINI addiction only gets worse. Well, if she hasn't noticed it yet, maybe you can just slip it in unnoticed? OR, better yet! Get HER addicted and your problem is solved! (I haven't been able to bring the hubby to the "dark side" yet, much to my chagrin...)

Wow, 17 MPG!? That's good! My '84 Buick Century (the Boat) only got about 10-12 MPG. But man, i could swing that sucker into ANY parking space. My passengers just had to shut their eyes very tightly.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:49 PM
hoonu
5th Gear
Since I was waiting for a boat when I first posted this thread, and now I'm waiting on a truck (or the dealer, I don't know which), and since some of you may have your cars by now, who is happier?

Old 07-29-2008, 05:27 AM
Tex Susbo
2nd Gear
It's all about me!

This is supposed to be "my" car, but the Mrs. has already been hitting me up for her share of seat time. I've been pretty good about bothering my MA and Askmini.

My MA will be happy because he is deliverying so many cars in July. I told him I would be happy to make it one more