1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I ORDERED MY MINI! [oiewah[fewavpokjveag

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008 | 01:15 PM
3one3
|
3rd Gear
I ORDERED MY MINI! [oiewah[fewavpokjveag

Hey everyone! If you're wondering what that jibberish is in the title, that is me being excited and pounding on the keyboard!

Anyways, I placed my order 3 days ago with Downtown MINI in Orlando. I am so excited that I am going to have my first brand new car ever! I was determined to pay off my debt before I placed my order. So I basically lived like a bum for the past 6 months and lived off 15-20% of my income and used the rest to pay off creditors. I am happy to say that burden is off my shoulders and I am now 100% debt free! (School loans and MINI car payments don't count as debt! )

I just sold my 2000 Ford Explorer on Monday for cash to use as the down payment.

Unfortunately, for the next 6-8 weeks I have to drive my girlfriends Jeep Wrangler! That thing is NOT a very comfortable daily driver. If I hit 65-70, I feel like I'm going to roll over and explode into a gazillion pieces!

Well, I think I've rambled on enough! It's so nice to meet everyone and I look forward to making a bunch of friends on here and helping each other out!!!

Brent

Old 07-11-2008 | 03:07 PM
Red Dragoon
6th Gear
Congrats on your order and welcome to the MINIverse.

CROC 411

Old 07-11-2008 | 04:00 PM
flammeart
1st Gear
Congrats!! I pick my baby up at 10AM tomorrow!!! I REALLY don't think that I'll sleep tonight in anticipation!!!
Let the stalking begin!!! There is a REALLY good walkthrough about stalking your new baby How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated, checK it out (if you're as obsessed as I am). I was unlucky enough to get on K-Line for transport and never knew what ship it was on until I asked my MA. But FYI, the Owner's Lounge STILL has my car as "en route" when I just saw it at the dealer with my own eyes....so not sure about the accuracy of that!!

Old 07-11-2008 | 04:03 PM
MINIchaser
4th Gear
woot! nice choice of future vehicle

and welcome to NAM

Old 07-11-2008 | 10:28 PM
Mozza
5th Gear
Congrats! If I was able to help with your choice of dealer I'm glad

Old 07-12-2008 | 07:28 AM
BLE55ED
Neutral
Old 07-12-2008 | 07:29 AM
3one3
|
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Mozza
Congrats! If I was able to help with your choice of dealer I'm glad
You for sure did! Thank you and thanks everybody!!

Old 07-12-2008 | 07:31 AM
Apple
6th Gear
Downtown mini is great ... mine will be here next week

Old 07-12-2008 | 03:33 PM
3one3
|
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Cybergypsy
Downtown mini is great ... mine will be here next week
Yay! Who was your MA?

Old 07-12-2008 | 03:43 PM
Apple
6th Gear
Brittany lewis

Old 07-12-2008 | 03:49 PM
3one3
|
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Cybergypsy
Brittany lewis
What a coincidence! Same here! (Would you mine explaining how I know what week I am?)

Old 07-12-2008 | 10:04 PM
NJ Clubman
3rd Gear
I could never figure out what week I was, either. As a result, I never really plugged into a support group. I hope I can overcome.

As others have said, the OL is not the best source of info. I used 866-ASK-MINI. They have better info -- more timely and detailed. Happy tracking.

Welcome to the phenomenon! You made a great choice. It's more than a car.

Old 07-13-2008 | 08:35 AM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
Welcome to the site, Brent! I feel a bit odd welcoming someone else as I've only recently discovered NAM, but I already feel "at home" with everyone here. Great site!

I know how you feel about ordering and waiting for your car. I've ordered three myself and the anticipation can be a bit overwhelming at times. Just find things to distract you and the time will pass quicker!

Based on what you've described in your signature, your car will be a gem. Will it look like this?

Old 07-13-2008 | 08:50 AM
3one3
|
3rd Gear
Thanks again for the warm welcome guys! I hope someone will be able to help me with what week I am. When is a good time to begin calling askmini?

Avid, it will look JUST like that minus the stripes! Thanks for the compliment :D

Old 07-13-2008 | 09:00 AM
msduncan
4th Gear
You can call them as soon as you have a production number.

Old 07-13-2008 | 09:17 AM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
Originally Posted by 3one3
Avid, it will look JUST like that minus the stripes! Thanks for the compliment :D
Here you go...

Can you tell I'm a Photoshop junkie?

I was curious as to what your car might look like so I launched MINI's virtual build window and whipped up that preview. I wasn't sure if you'd ordered stripes and just forgot to mention them, so I took a little creative license!

I'm psyched for you and I think you are wise for having chosen to sip gas rather than guzzle! Honestly, these cars really thumb their noses at the oil companies.

Old 07-13-2008 | 09:44 AM
Fini'sMini
Neutral
welcome

Hello & welcome to NAM (north american motoring), I too have ordered my first MINI, I ordered it on June 5th 2008, from Keeler NY dealership asI live in VT - where this is not 1 single mini dealership. ... but, I am getting close to delivery time as I ordered it over 5 weeks ago. The anticipation is terrible! If you didn't know, you can track your MINI across the ocean after it's loaded on a boat. If you do a search on this site for "how to track your mini" you will find the post with directions of how to get more info than what is available thru the Owner's Lounge (on the MINIUSA website). So did they give you an estimate of how many weeks before your mini will arrive?

Old 07-13-2008 | 11:23 AM
3one3
|
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Fini'sMini
Hello & welcome to NAM (north american motoring), I too have ordered my first MINI, I ordered it on June 5th 2008, from Keeler NY dealership asI live in VT - where this is not 1 single mini dealership. ... but, I am getting close to delivery time as I ordered it over 5 weeks ago. The anticipation is terrible! If you didn't know, you can track your MINI across the ocean after it's loaded on a boat. If you do a search on this site for "how to track your mini" you will find the post with directions of how to get more info than what is available thru the Owner's Lounge (on the MINIUSA website). So did they give you an estimate of how many weeks before your mini will arrive?
Thanks Fini! You must be so excited!! I am waiting for the reply from them about how long to expect. However, I heard it is a good sign if you see inaccurate information when you track your MINI. I heard it means they threw you in one of their dealer order slots.