1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 30 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 07:24 PM
blackdelight
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thejokell
Thanks for all of the helpful information.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:41 AM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
This weekend, while on vacation, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that my car has been completed and is awaiting transport!

I couldn't help but check my baby's status. I'm hopeless, I know.

Now to find out what ship is going to deliver my car and start watching the ship's manifest for my VIN.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:01 AM
ckgibson
1st Gear
I just discovered this website/forum a few days ago. How nice to be able to track your baby's progress - the OL is pretty useless. I'm an instant gratification kind of person - I've ordered new cars before and it only took a couple of weeks - so this is a real exercise in patience for me .

I found out that my baby was born July 21 and has been sitting at the port since the 23rd. I originally ordered on June 21 (Lightning Blue/Black Top). My husband talked me into changing to an S about a week later (my original Mini is scheduled to arrive in Port Hueneme tomorrow - if only I had ordered an S to begin with ... ah, tal es vida).

Anyway, on the way to work this morning, I saw a Laser Blue/White top and I knew it was a good omen . When I got to work I checked the WW site, my VIN was there at last . I'm scheduled to go out on the AIDA tomorrow (Booking # GBSOU659423). I can't wait! Just four more weeks ...

I wonder what the weather report for the Atlantic is?

Old 07-29-2008, 10:07 AM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
I believe I'm scheduled for the Aida as well. I did some digging on the WW site and learned quite a bit about the ship and the company. Very cool resources!

Here's the ship:

According to the "Cargo Status History," I've been "Received At Terminal." Oddly, below that, it says I've been "Booked," but on June 3, 2008. WTF? Is that old data? Should I disregard it?

Of course, I'm probably jumping the gun here. I don't know for sure if I'm going to be placed on the Aida. But she sets sail tomorrow, so there's still hope I can "make the boat!"

If not, I guess I'll keep my eyes open for the next available ship...

Old 07-29-2008, 10:16 AM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
D'oh! I just looked more closely at the Cargo Status History report I printed out. (Yes, I'm a documentation fanatic! ). It clearly shows the same Booking Number as you, MINI Mama! We're goin' on a cruise together! Aint this wild?

Next question...how long will our cars stay at the Vehicle Delivery Center in Port Hueneme, CA before they're loaded onto carriers for the final leg of their journey to our dealers? I'm actually hoping my car won't arrive until August 30th because I want to save up more for my down payment!

Old 07-29-2008, 10:20 AM
DMAC57
4th Gear
Originally Posted by AvidMINI
This weekend, while on vacation, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that my car has been completed and is awaiting transport!

I couldn't help but check my baby's status. I'm hopeless, I know.

Now to find out what ship is going to deliver my car and start watching the ship's manifest for my VIN.
Sierra Nevada Highway is departing for Charleston on Friday. Been sitting around the port for 2+weeks waiting for a ride.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:43 AM
NSX JR
3rd Gear
Well, due to an order screw up, I am no longer the owner of my week 30 car. I have a new production number and will be a week 34 car now. Good luck everyone! All this just exactly when my week 30 car got loaded onto the ship!

Old 07-29-2008, 10:44 AM
ckgibson
1st Gear
From what I've seen, it looks like the booking date is 6/3 for everything - I think it's just reflecting what's scheduled for the summer/fall projected shipping estimates.

I've heard that they could be at the VDC anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks - if there is any damage, they repair it there and, of course, depending on how involved the repair is it could take a while I guess. So ... be careful what you wish for - you don't want your baby taking any damage on the voyage . My husband was in the Navy and last night he proceeded to tell me all the bad things that could happen during the voyage . I checked the weather satellite and weather is looking good so far though.

Luckily, my baby doesn't have far to go once it gets to Hueneme.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:54 AM
ckgibson
1st Gear
Oh, the next ship doesn't leave until 8/12 according to the WW site. That might be better for you - I think it arrives 9/4 in Hueneme. I really need to get mine as quickly as possible - I'm using a balance transfer check from Chase and I need to use it before it expires (3% for the life of the balance, $200 processing fee) since interest rates might be going up soon. Also, this way I'll get the title right away instead of the bank!

Old 07-29-2008, 10:58 AM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
Sorry to hear your wait will be a bit longer, Lee. It will be even more special to you when it arrives, though. Will it be considered an '09 model year?

That's comforting to know, MINI Mama. I've done a little more digging and found the location of the Aida; it's in port in Zeebrugge, Bruges, Belgium. I used the search engine provided by Vessel Tracker in Google Earth, and it showed me that it was last reported at the dock. However, according to the WW tracking information, the ship has already sailed for Southampton.

What? Me? OCD?

Old 07-29-2008, 10:59 AM
jdhesq
1st Gear
Has anyone hoping to be on the Don Juan seen a confirmation of booking on the WW site?

Old 07-29-2008, 11:28 AM
NSX JR
3rd Gear
Thanks AvidMINI. I can wait a bit longer to make sure I have exactly what I want. I've always been pretty patient, although the people at ASK MINI might have a different opinion

I was actually able to order an 08 model. My dealer still had 4 allocations of 08 MCS remaining to play with. I'm fine sticking with the 08 because the 09 I built would be the same price, but only include one year of sirius instead of lifetime.

So I get to go through all this fun again. Perhaps my car just moved through the process way too fast the first time

Old 07-29-2008, 11:34 AM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
Originally Posted by jdhesq
Has anyone hoping to be on the Don Juan seen a confirmation of booking on the WW site?
Quick question: are you located on the east coast?

Originally Posted by NSX JR
Thanks AvidMINI. I can wait a bit longer to make sure I have exactly what I want.
You've certainly got the right attitude; you're going to live with your decision for a while! Good times lay ahead. It may be a good time to start a "Week 34" thread, if someone else hasn't already.

These forums sure make the wait bearable!

Old 07-29-2008, 01:24 PM
jdhesq
1st Gear
Yes, Bailey will shuffle off to Buffalo.

Quick question: are you located on the east coast?

You've certainly got the right attitude; you're going to live with your decision for a while! Good times lay ahead. It may be a good time to start a "Week 34" thread, if someone else hasn't already.

These forums sure make the wait bearable!

Old 07-29-2008, 01:34 PM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
Originally Posted by DMAC57
Sierra Nevada Highway is departing for Charleston on Friday. Been sitting around the port for 2+weeks waiting for a ride.
That seems like an awfully long time to wait for a ride! Still, you must be stoked that the car is ready for transport.

Originally Posted by jdhesq
Yes, Bailey will shuffle off to Buffalo.
That's cool. Your voyage is more of a direct line than mine. That's good; there's less opportunity for something to go awry. I'm gonna be on pins and needles for the next month or so!

Old 07-29-2008, 02:55 PM
DMAC57
4th Gear
That seems like an awfully long time to wait for a ride! Still, you must be stoked that the car is ready for transport.
Have learned through this process that getting booked on a ship has nothing to do with when the car was finished but rather when your dealer has an allotment due. I was always told July build and August delivery...I just assumed it would be in the beginning of the month rather mid to end.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:25 PM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
Well I sure hope they load you up with us! Waiting is difficult enough, but for me and a few others, the time crunch is especially critical. On one hand, I want the car to come later because I can save up more for the down payment, but on the other, if it comes too late, I've got to go and reapply for the auto loan. The APR and loan specifics were only guaranteed me for 60 days!

I looked over what you're expecting. Brother, that's going to be one sweet ride! I can imagine why you want it NOW!

Old 07-29-2008, 05:31 PM
blackdelight
2nd Gear
Well, due to an order screw up, I am no longer the owner of my week 30 car. I have a new production number and will be a week 34 car now. Good luck everyone! All this just exactly when my week 30 car got loaded onto the ship!
Sorry to hear about the order snafu. You must be disappointed. How did you find out about it?

Old 07-29-2008, 06:24 PM
NSX JR
3rd Gear
I just popped out at me for some reason today. I looked at my sheet and said, dammit there is no piano black trim on here. At least I caught it now instead of two weeks from now when I arrived to pick up the car!

Old 07-29-2008, 06:52 PM
DMAC57
4th Gear
I looked over what you're expecting. Brother, that's going to be one sweet ride! I can imagine why you want it NOW!
Thanks....I am anxious to get her. We have a Labor Day Weekend Trip planned and I sure hope she is here by then.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:57 PM
ckgibson
1st Gear
That would've been worse for sure. No doubt they'll have no problem finding someone to take it off their hands. My MA told me today that they already sold my original and it hasn't even been unloaded from the boat yet (and it's not nearly as tricked out as your's).

When my MA called to give me production number he told me that effective July 1st they (Brecht MINI) were tacking on an extra 10% on all sales because they had so many orders coming in. Plus, MINI raised the prices on the 2009 models - getting pretty pricey. I was going to wait until the new 2009 came out but I couldn't wait that long after I made up my mind to get one - now I'm really glad!

Old 07-29-2008, 07:19 PM
blackdelight
2nd Gear
I just popped out at me for some reason today. I looked at my sheet and said, dammit there is no piano black trim on here. At least I caught it now instead of two weeks from now when I arrived to pick up the car!
Maybe our conversation last night on English Oak vs. Piano Black made it jump out at you. Glad you found it before delivery! Best that you get it corrected so that you can get exactly what you wanted.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:20 PM
NSX JR
3rd Gear
Actually I think that pretty much was it. So you saved me a couple of weeks at least, thanks!

Old 07-30-2008, 03:38 AM
INSOC
1st Gear
The price of the 2009 models was only raised by the $500 to count for the cost of DSC which became standard.

Old 07-30-2008, 05:11 AM
DMAC57
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ckgibson
No doubt they'll have no problem finding someone to take it off their hands.
All 80 dealers across the U.S. are reporting a zero inventory of MINIs. Any cars on hand are pre-ordered. There will be no problem unloading any extra MINIs

Quick Reply: Week 30 Support Group