1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Aboard the FIGARO - Departs Southhampton 7/17/08

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 01:02 PM
Flytime
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very short trip to VDC

Guys,

NY VDC is right there at the ship dock. look at this link NYC BMW VDC via Google Maps: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...02612&t=h&z=19
and zoom out. You can see where Figaro docks. I think you can assume your Mini is in VDC now. Since they are closed weekends it should be introduced today. If there is no damage or issues we should be thru VDC in 48 hours. We can only hope.

j

Old 07-28-2008, 01:37 PM
LaserSpeeder
1st Gear
Thanks - relief

You MADE my day, gave me something to look forward to! I didn't realize the dock and VDC are right there. Let's hope we get processed quickly!

Old 07-29-2008, 05:10 AM
NSX JR
3rd Gear
I see the Figaro is in Charleston unloading this morning.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:32 PM
LaserSpeeder
1st Gear
So what do you guys think - should I call my MA or not? WW site shows unloaded at NJ NEAT on Sat 7/26, so I assume it's at VDC as of Monday 7/28. OL shows "en route" to VDC, not at VDC yet, which is probably not updated. My dealer is in Annapolis, MD (Tate). Would my MA have some idea of when the car might arrive?

Old 07-29-2008, 01:39 PM
Lightbringer
2nd Gear
Laser,

I'm in the same boat (pun intended) as you here. I emailed my MA and he tells me that it looks like things are taking a while at the VDC (he didn't elaborate) and that instead of getting my car tomorrow night, I might not get it until next week sometime :-/. I still show up as en route on mini.com, but on the shippers website I show that I was discharged (unloaded) at 7:00 am on 7/27/2008. So, I don't know if the VDC is slow in listing everything about the processing of the cars, or if its backed up or maybe my car was damaged or what.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Flytime
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Lightbringer
Laser,

I'm in the same boat (pun intended) as you here. I emailed my MA and he tells me that it looks like things are taking a while at the VDC (he didn't elaborate) and that instead of getting my car tomorrow night, I might not get it until next week sometime :-/. I still show up as en route on mini.com, but on the shippers website I show that I was discharged (unloaded) at 7:00 am on 7/27/2008. So, I don't know if the VDC is slow in listing everything about the processing of the cars, or if its backed up or maybe my car was damaged or what.

Lightbringer,
We should be on the same truck up to Towne mini. I called my MA (Ray) today and he has not returned my call yet.

I'm still hoping to take delivery this weekend.

By the way for me OL still says enroute and WW was discharged.

Keep us posted as to any info on when your mini gets to Towne.

j

Old 07-29-2008, 05:14 PM
schmoopy
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by LaserSpeeder
So what do you guys think - should I call my MA or not? WW site shows unloaded at NJ NEAT on Sat 7/26, so I assume it's at VDC as of Monday 7/28. OL shows "en route" to VDC, not at VDC yet, which is probably not updated. My dealer is in Annapolis, MD (Tate). Would my MA have some idea of when the car might arrive?
Yes your dealer has the latest info available (they have to...they have to know exactly when the car is arriving at their doorstep)
I was told today by my dealer that it indeed was ofloaded on sunday in NJ at the VDC. Then he said right now (7/29/08: 3pm) it is "in transit" and might be there ( at dealership) today or tomorrow. He asked if I want to come tomorrow (7/30) or maybe the next day to get it.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:42 PM
artp
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by schmoopy
Yes your dealer has the latest info available (they have to...they have to know exactly when the car is arriving at their doorstep)
I was told today by my dealer that it indeed was ofloaded on sunday in NJ at the VDC. Then he said right now (7/29/08: 3pm) it is "in transit" and might be there ( at dealership) today or tomorrow. He asked if I want to come tomorrow (7/30) or maybe the next day to get it.

My dealer is telling me they might be able to deliver on Friday. He said that he will call as soon as it arrives but he was not more specific than that.

Last week the sales manager indicated that it usually takes 5 to 6 days to get through the VDC, local transportation and their final prep. My dealer is about 50 miles from the VDC (Connecticut)

I have a funny feeling I might have to wait until Monday.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:35 AM
artp
2nd Gear
Anyone getting deliveries in the NYC area this week?

Car has not arrived at the dealer yet so it looks like I will not have the car before the weekend .

The dealer is not being particularly forthcoming at this point. "We will call you when it arrives" type of response but nothing further

Is anyone having better luck?

Old 07-30-2008, 07:45 AM
jmitchell
1st Gear
Originally Posted by artp
Car has not arrived at the dealer yet so it looks like I will not have the car before the weekend .

The dealer is not being particularly forthcoming at this point. "We will call you when it arrives" type of response but nothing further

Is anyone having better luck?
I'm getting the same response. I was told that it would take 3-5 day to get to the dealer once it arrives at the VDC, so I kept my hopes up that it would arrive today (7/30). But now I guess I'll just sit back and wait for the call...

Old 07-30-2008, 08:22 AM
artp
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jmitchell
I'm getting the same response. I was told that it would take 3-5 day to get to the dealer once it arrives at the VDC, so I kept my hopes up that it would arrive today (7/30). But now I guess I'll just sit back and wait for the call...
That sounds like a good plan. Just take some deep breaths and just reeeelaxxxxx ahhhhh

What dealer are you using?

Old 07-30-2008, 08:33 AM
jmitchell
1st Gear
Originally Posted by artp
That sounds like a good plan. Just take some deep breaths and just reeeelaxxxxx ahhhhh

What dealer are you using?
The dealer I am using is Keller Mini in Latham, NY (a little north of Albany, NY)

Old 07-30-2008, 08:45 AM
morgansparrot
1st Gear
Got the same "don't call us, we'll call you when it's ready" response from my MA. The thing is we are going on a 12 day vacation this weekend so the car will have to wait at the dealer.

Hopefully they won't use it to teach other buyers how to drive a manual transmission during that time...

Old 07-30-2008, 08:55 AM
burntpeaks
2nd Gear
Mine was on Figaro too!!!

Anyone know when we should see movement? I've checked in with the owners lounge but it just says "en route". The ship discharged on Sunday but don't see it beyond that! I am in CT...anyone have any info?

Attached Thumbnails All Aboard the FIGARO - Departs Southhampton 7/17/08-bpp_logo_wagon-copy.jpg  
Old 07-30-2008, 12:11 PM
artp
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jmitchell
The dealer I am using is Keller Mini in Latham, NY (a little north of Albany, NY)

My daughter was just in Albany and then to the Finger Lakes.

I am a bit closer to Newark NJ. The dealer is in Stamford, CT.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:20 PM
artp
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by burntpeaks
Anyone know when we should see movement? I've checked in with the owners lounge but it just says "en route". The ship discharged on Sunday but don't see it beyond that! I am in CT...anyone have any info?
I think we are all in the same situation. I am thinking they do not have much of incentive to rush through a delivery as the boat arrived a bit late to make a July delivery. So it does not matter if they deliver at the end of this week or next week. (Probably better not to rush the final prep anyway)

That's OK I can wait.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:56 PM
mslatter
4th Gear
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Just talked to my MA and learned that I'm at the VDC today and due at the dealer around the 3rd (which doesn't make sense, because they're not there to take delivery on the 3rd, but I can understand a lack of precision on their part.) And they'll need a day or two for dealer inspection, etc., so perhaps the 4th-6th for delivery.

Old 07-30-2008, 01:54 PM
LaserSpeeder
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Lightbringer
Laser,

Yeah I guess we're in the same sitch. My MA called back and said he believes the truck will arrive at dealer as early as this Saturday, or as late as Tuesday next. So I will wait patiently. Very excited!

Old 07-30-2008, 01:56 PM
LaserSpeeder
1st Gear
I think we're all unloaded from Figaro and at various stages of going through VDC. I think the car will be delivered in Annapolis,MD from VDC NY earliest Saturday 8/2, or as late as Tuesday next week. Hang in there!

Old 07-30-2008, 01:59 PM
LaserSpeeder
1st Gear
Originally Posted by morgansparrot
Got the same "don't call us, we'll call you when it's ready" response from my MA. The thing is we are going on a 12 day vacation this weekend so the car will have to wait at the dealer.

Hopefully they won't use it to teach other buyers how to drive a manual transmission during that time...
Our dealer is pretty strict about using ordered cars - he just pointed to them, which is reassuraing. Test drives were in other cars. They had complained at MINI of Annapolis of not having any cars to sell, and Oxford shipped them like 12 identical white MCs!

Old 07-30-2008, 02:09 PM
miniglenn
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by LaserSpeeder
I think we're all unloaded from Figaro and at various stages of going through VDC. I think the car will be delivered in Annapolis,MD from VDC NY earliest Saturday 8/2, or as late as Tuesday next week. Hang in there!
I hope I hope I hope it's going to be 8/2 -- I ordered mine from Mini of Annapolis too and my birthday is the next day.

Old 07-30-2008, 03:58 PM
burntpeaks
2nd Gear
I just spoke with dealership and I got the 3rd as the delivery to Fairfield (Sunday) so best estimate is 4th or 5th at this point! He said they were a bit backed up at distribution center with BMW's and Minis!

Old 07-30-2008, 07:57 PM
jmitchell
1st Gear
Finally my status in the mini OL has changed to "At Distribution Center". It just changed within the last couple hours.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:41 AM
artp
2nd Gear
I just spoke with dealership and I got the 3rd as the delivery to Fairfield (Sunday) so best estimate is 4th or 5th at this point! He said they were a bit backed up at distribution center with BMW's and Minis!
I called my MA at MINI of Fairfield County this morning and he had no information (his system was down).

Hopefully I will get delivery early next week but so far he is not promising anything.

I know he has no control over the delivery to the dealer but I am getting so aggravated over the lack of new information. My OL account still shows "En Route to the VDC"
Just tell me something new

Old 07-31-2008, 08:17 AM
burntpeaks
2nd Gear
I have the same message "en route", but the guy I spoke with yesterday said he had it at VDC and the dealer would have it Monday or Tuesday. The lack of info/follow up is frustrating because they make you feel like you are pestering them. They go out of their way to enable you to track things (etc) and then give you outdated info and act annoyed when you call to follow up! My best experience has been with the the receptionist...she knows more than anyone and has been helpful!

Quick Reply: All Aboard the FIGARO - Departs Southhampton 7/17/08