1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Aboard the FIGARO - Departs Southhampton 7/17/08

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 08:38 AM
morgansparrot
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope it is not innappropriate to ask this here, my fellow Figaro veterans, but I'm wondering what others are going to do about extended maintenance and extended warranties. You know they are going to pound us with all sorts of reasons for purchasing these before they give us the keys next week.

Instead of buying these plans, I'm thinking of setting aside $3000, which is about what both plans would cost at the dealer, and using that as "insurance" for whatever repairs the car needs once the warranty and free maintenance expires.

Is this crazy?

Old 07-31-2008, 03:57 PM
artp
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by burntpeaks
I have the same message "en route", but the guy I spoke with yesterday said he had it at VDC and the dealer would have it Monday or Tuesday. The lack of info/follow up is frustrating because they make you feel like you are pestering them. They go out of their way to enable you to track things (etc) and then give you outdated info and act annoyed when you call to follow up! My best experience has been with the the receptionist...she knows more than anyone and has been helpful!
I have to say everyone at the dealer has been more than polite and courteous no matter how often I call!

Old 07-31-2008, 05:03 PM
Powashiftin
2nd Gear
My car is at the dealer!

Old 07-31-2008, 06:12 PM
Flytime
2nd Gear
Excellent

Are you the first one from Firago to make it to the dealer? I think so!!!!!

Congrats

Old 07-31-2008, 07:01 PM
mslatter
4th Gear
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Powashiftin
My car is at the dealer!

Awesome!!! Which dealer (or, at least, what state) if you don't mind us asking. So far, you're leading the way for the first NAMer to get one of the Figaro cars. I think some other week 28ers have already gotten their cars. What week were you, and when did you order?

Old 07-31-2008, 09:23 PM
Ambidexter
2nd Gear
At VDC or is it?

Looks like my Clubbie is at the VDC...as of a few hours ago. That probably means the dealer's been doing doughnuts in the parking lot all afternoon. After all, the OO is always late!

Cheers

Last edited by Ambidexter; 07-31-2008 at 09:24 PM. Reason: comma
Old 07-31-2008, 09:46 PM
burntpeaks
2nd Gear
Mine went to VDC on the tracker tonight as well! Let's see what happens now!

Old 08-01-2008, 08:18 AM
LaserSpeeder
1st Gear
Estimated Delivery

Mine came off Figaro, and has been at the NY VDC of course, since then. The OL reads tomorrow 8/2 delivery to Annapolis, MD. That's what my MA told me too. He's says they need time to prepare car, and to plan on M, T or even W of next week. Weird that it takes that much time since I am not ordering any special add-ons.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:28 AM
Lightbringer
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by LaserSpeeder
Mine came off Figaro, and has been at the NY VDC of course, since then. The OL reads tomorrow 8/2 delivery to Annapolis, MD. That's what my MA told me too. He's says they need time to prepare car, and to plan on M, T or even W of next week. Weird that it takes that much time since I am not ordering any special add-ons.
Mine has sat at the port for a week now and just made it into the VDC. I'm jealous of all you getting it for the weekend. My MA says it will be here over the weekend, but won't be ready for pickup until Monday after 4pm.

Was REALLY hoping I could get it for this weekend....considering its a week later than what I was originally told....oh well. I guess it will give me time to read the owners manual.....again.

I too got no add ons, and am not sure what really needs to be done to it either...

Old 08-01-2008, 08:40 AM
Flytime
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Lightbringer
Mine has sat at the port for a week now and just made it into the VDC. I'm jealous of all you getting it for the weekend. My MA says it will be here over the weekend, but won't be ready for pickup until Monday after 4pm.

Was REALLY hoping I could get it for this weekend....considering its a week later than what I was originally told....oh well. I guess it will give me time to read the owners manual.....again.

I too got no add ons, and am not sure what really needs to be done to it either...

My Mini is off the Figaro and at VDC to be sent up to Buffalo. My MA hasn't called me yet, but its most likely traveling with Lightbringer and I too will not be able to get it this weekend

Old 08-01-2008, 10:38 AM
Powashiftin
2nd Gear
Prestige Mini in Mahwah NJ is my dealer. I'm picking it up on monday!

Old 08-01-2008, 11:20 AM
miniglenn
2nd Gear
Just checked with my MA about taking delivery on Saturday when it's estimated to be delivered to the dealer... he said that it was very unlikely to happen as they do not deliver on the weekends and their technician needs a day or two to do pre-delivery inspections. Ah well, it never hurts to ask! It's just like a baseball player getting his physical done before being signed to a new team, so I'm down with that.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:26 AM
artp
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Powashiftin
Prestige Mini in Mahwah NJ is my dealer. I'm picking it up on monday!
You lucky dog. My MA called last night and expects delivery to him on Monday and expects that I will be able to take delivery by Tuesday or Wednesday. So close now!!!

Old 08-01-2008, 05:07 PM
Danielle3
Neutral

Last edited by Danielle3; 08-01-2008 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Posted to the wrong forum. :(
Old 08-02-2008, 08:11 PM
jmitchell
1st Gear
My status in the OL has just been updated to "at your mini dealer". Woohoo! Looks like I should be able to take delivery monday or tuesday!

Old 08-02-2008, 10:13 PM
mslatter
4th Gear
Got the call - my car is at the dealer as of today. I'll call Monday or Tuesday to arrange the pickup.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:56 AM
artp
2nd Gear
OL says At the dealer!

Originally Posted by mslatter
Got the call - my car is at the dealer as of today. I'll call Monday or Tuesday to arrange the pickup.
No call yet but OL updated over the weekend to "At the Dealer" Strange thing was the change in estimated delivery

On Thursday 7/31 the estimated delivery was 8/3 (Sunday )
On Saturday 8/2 the estimated delivery changed to 8/1 !!

Now it says at the dealer so I assume it is correct. Looks like it must be true!! I will call the later and try to get delivery tomorrow. YAY!

Last edited by artp; 08-04-2008 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Fixed typo
Old 08-04-2008, 12:22 PM
artp
2nd Gear
Delivery set

My MA called and said I can take delivery tomorrow (Tuesday 8/5).

I will post PIX shortly thereafter.

Old 08-04-2008, 01:19 PM
miniglenn
2nd Gear
Just called my MA and it seems my car still is not at the dealership, even though the OL says it's at the dealer and lists a delivery date of 8/1/2008. He says that it may arrive later today or tomorrow, and then still needs its inspection. Wish it was sooner since I have off of work today, and I know I'm going to be so antsy at work tomorrow (and maybe Wednesday too!) if I'll have to wait even longer to take delivery.

Plus, it's supposed to get hot in the next day or so, and the car I'm using in the meantime doesn't have A/C.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:23 AM
jmitchell
1st Gear
Got the call this morning. I'm picking my mini up later this afternoon!!!

Old 08-05-2008, 01:25 PM
mslatter
4th Gear
I ended up getting the wrong check (fixed instead of a blank draft) from PenFed, and now am waiting for them to re-issue it as a blank draft. Should be Friday or Saturday, maybe Monday, when I get the check, and then maybe one more day to schedule and get the car.

Post pictures, you who are so lucky!

Old 08-05-2008, 06:00 PM
jmitchell
1st Gear
Originally Posted by jmitchell
Got the call this morning. I'm picking my mini up later this afternoon!!!
Picked mine up at 5pm! He's sitting in the garage right now. I'll post pics once I get a chance to take them.

I'll be installing a minidomore hitch tonight, to carry my bike rack.

mslatter,
That must be really frustrating to delay your pickup for a week for something so simple.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Flytime
2nd Gear
Dealer called .... my Clubman S is in Going out of town so I can't pick it up until Thursday

Old 08-05-2008, 09:04 PM
jmitchell
1st Gear
Got the hitch on, it took less than 3 hours. I tried to take some pics but they came out like crap with the dim lighting. I'll take some pics tomorrow in the daylight.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:45 AM
artp
2nd Gear
Picked mine up at 5pm! He's sitting in the garage right now. I'll post pics once I get a chance to take them.

mslatter,
That must be really frustrating to delay your pickup for a week for something so simple.

Picked up mine at 5:00 yesterday as well. The delivery went very smoothly and all was in order. The MA gave me two MINI of Fairflied key chains and a MINI coffee mug with coffee and a cookie that sort of looks like a MINI. Mats were part of the deal as well.

The car is great. I have not gotten the nerve to hit the Sport Button yet.

Quick Reply: All Aboard the FIGARO - Departs Southhampton 7/17/08