1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got my new baby...

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 11:38 PM
darthguru
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got my new baby...

Well, I made the decision to get another Mini about a week and a half ago. (I had previously come down with some kind of mind destroying flu and traded my 03 MCS for a VW GTI about 18 months ago. I regretted it it almost immediately.)

Anyway, I went in to my local North Scottsdale Mini with a print out of what I wanted... built on the Miniusa website. With paper in hand I waited in the bizarrely slow moving elevator to the second floor where Mini's are sold. The door slid quietly to the side and I was nearly blinded by the sight of an all Mellow Yellow 2008 Cooper S with the dealer-installed John Cooper Works package. Within moments, I was sitting in the leather drivers seat of the little yellow wonder... my previous idea of ordering forgotten. I could not believe my luck, they actually had a Mini on the showroom floor... I didn't have to order one and wait. This was a sign from God or the Force or whatever.... After a bit of dickering over the (pathetic) trade-in value of my VW GTI, I signed the purchase agreement and I picked up the car two days later.

As mentioned before, it is Mellow Yellow... body, top and mirrors, dark tinted windows, 17" crown spoke wheels with the Dunlop run-flats, Sport Package, John Cooper Works package, Dark Grey leather seats, yellow accents on the dash and doors, 10 speaker stereo, stering wheel with radio controls

Needless to say, I am immensely happy with my new purchase. My previous 03 Mini MCS was purchased used so I never got the whole "New Mini" purchase experience. Overall, the folks at North Scottsdale Mini were a joy to work with. I really can't say enough good things about them.

I am glad to be back in the Mini drivers seat and look forward to more Mini discussions within these forums.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:43 AM
Red Dragoon
6th Gear
Welcome back to the MINIverse. Can't wait to see pics of your all Mellow Yellow sweet ride.

CROC 411

Old 07-15-2008, 06:34 AM
ngweibing
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
u got yrself a sweet ride. ..JCW package is my holy grail some day

Old 07-15-2008, 06:36 AM
RoadTrip2
3rd Gear
WOW - It was meant to be!! Congratulations...

Old 07-15-2008, 06:36 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
I was in that showroom on 7/4/08 ordering my new MCSm and saw your beautiful new ride! After seeing your wheels, I decided to order the same . Did your MA throw in anything at all i.e. floor mats etc...? Mine didn't. It is Scottsdale, so I certainly didn't expect anything. Make sure to share lots of pics with us!

Old 07-15-2008, 07:06 AM
MINIspud
5th Gear
congrats, welcome to the MY JCW club.

Old 07-16-2008, 12:19 AM
darthguru
Neutral
Sadly... my MA (although very nice, helpful and friendly) would not throw in any extras... I had to buy my floormats and even a new "I have one and you don't" T-Shirt. As SuperGreg said... very Scottsdale.

Loving the car so far... with one slight exception. The exhaust system is very loud at certain RPM's. I drove up to Flagstaff, AZ this weekend and at RPM's of about 2700 to 3300 it has an amazingly loud resonant hum inside the vehicle. And since the cruising speed in 6th gear at about 80 MPH sits right at 3000 RPM, my wife and I had to practically yell at each other for a good chunk of the drive. I would assume this is due to the JCW exhaust upgrades. I am going to contact the service department and see if this is normal. I really don't have a good comparison, since I only just barely test drove a non-JCW MCS and my last one was an 03 with the supercharger.

Even with the noise it was a fun drive. I really love this car!

If anybody else has the JCW package... is yours really loud?

Old 07-16-2008, 05:00 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Originally Posted by darthguru
Sadly... my MA (although very nice, helpful and friendly) would not throw in any extras... I had to buy my floormats and even a new "I have one and you don't" T-Shirt. As SuperGreg said... very Scottsdale.

Loving the car so far... with one slight exception. The exhaust system is very loud at certain RPM's. I drove up to Flagstaff, AZ this weekend and at RPM's of about 2700 to 3300 it has an amazingly loud resonant hum inside the vehicle. And since the cruising speed in 6th gear at about 80 MPH sits right at 3000 RPM, my wife and I had to practically yell at each other for a good chunk of the drive. I would assume this is due to the JCW exhaust upgrades. I am going to contact the service department and see if this is normal. I really don't have a good comparison, since I only just barely test drove a non-JCW MCS and my last one was an 03 with the supercharger.

Even with the noise it was a fun drive. I really love this car!

If anybody else has the JCW package... is yours really loud?
Maybe I could trade exhausts with you around the end of August . Where are those pics? Hey, is there a toggle for the power folding mirrors?