1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello from NY!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008 | 07:16 PM
fitbull
|
1st Gear
Hello from NY!

Just ordered my '08 MCS a couple of days ago...called my MA to see if I can switch to an '09. He supposedly didnt know you could order the 09s yet! So I gotta wait until the manager handling my order is in on Sat.

My baby...

She's Mellow Yellow with black sport stripes, Cold pkg, Prem pkg, DSC, Nav, armrest, yellow colorline, bluetooth/ipod.

I've been driving around in a POS auto sedan for the past year...so I CANNOT WAIT to get my clutch-foot back!

My MA mentioned that there are 3 weeks where they shut down the factory, so I shouldnt expect delivery until September...anyone know anything about that?

Old 07-18-2008 | 05:16 AM
Red Dragoon
6th Gear
Congrats on your order and welcome to NAM, one of the coolest places to hang out. Hope times goes by quickly till your MINI berths.

CROC 411

Old 07-18-2008 | 05:29 AM
Pepe Le Pew
1st Gear
Are you sure you want a 2009? check the configurator now its set up for 2009s. it may cost you more, shows one package on hold till December. I would stick the the 2008 for a cheaper price and same equipment.

Old 07-18-2008 | 08:44 AM
artp
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by fitbull
Just ordered my '08 MCS a couple of days ago...called my MA to see if I can switch to an '09. He supposedly didnt know you could order the 09s yet! So I gotta wait until the manager handling my order is in on Sat.

My baby...

She's Mellow Yellow with black sport stripes, Cold pkg, Prem pkg, DSC, Nav, armrest, yellow colorline, bluetooth/ipod.

I've been driving around in a POS auto sedan for the past year...so I CANNOT WAIT to get my clutch-foot back!

My MA mentioned that there are 3 weeks where they shut down the factory, so I shouldnt expect delivery until September...anyone know anything about that?

From what I understand their is a shutdown period.

I am not sure why you wold want an 09. The only change is standard DSC and a higher price. Unless you feel that you will gain resale value when you go to sell.

Are you in the tristate area? What dealer did you order from? I have noticed a lot of MINIs in NYC but they get scarcer as you head to the outer burbs

Old 07-18-2008 | 08:59 AM
Anthony314
2nd Gear
The Dealers on Long Island are great. I ordered mine from Habberstad. Which dealer did you go to?

Old 07-18-2008 | 09:02 AM
mini_muddeatr
3rd Gear
Love the color choice.........Go STEELERS !!!

Old 07-18-2008 | 09:15 AM
artp
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Anthony314
The Dealers on Long Island are great. I ordered mine from Habberstad. Which dealer did you go to?

I am using MINI of Fairfield County. My MA has been great.

Old 07-19-2008 | 08:28 AM
fitbull
|
1st Gear
08 or 09

I literally ordered the 08 the night before the 09s became available...

I tried configuring the same package, but didnt notice any price difference.

I'll be calling my MA to be sure that

1. it wont change my price at all
2. it wont delay me any more than a couple of weeks

I was interested in the 09 solely for the increase in resale value, but i wont pay more or wait a whole lot longer for the 09.

I used Prestige Mini in Mahwah, NJ. They claim to sell more minis than the other 3 dealers in the area combined...My response: whatever dude

Old 07-19-2008 | 09:16 AM
fitbull
|
1st Gear
08 v 09

Nevermind!

I rebuilt an 09...they eliminated the yellow colorline from the interior and pulled the HiFi stereo out of the pkg...

It'd save me a couple hundred, but if you add those two options in it'd be a few hundred more...

Anyway, I wouldnt be able to change it anyway...my baby is scheduled for production