1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patiently Waiting To Be Shipped

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 07:59 AM
lil mama
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Patiently Waiting To Be Shipped

First of all, thanks to all who have posted for all of the great information and enthusiasm! I have enjoyed reading the Clubman posts while I have been patiently (ha, ha!) waiting for my new car.

My Mini Clubman S (Dark Silver w/sparkling silver roof and bonnet stripes) made it to the exit port on July 15, 2008. I believe it will be shipped to Charleston, SC. Any sense of how long it will take for it to arrive in the states?

Thanks!

Old 07-21-2008, 11:51 AM
OWG
5th Gear
Originally Posted by lil mama
First of all, thanks to all who have posted for all of the great information and enthusiasm! I have enjoyed reading the Clubman posts while I have been patiently (ha, ha!) waiting for my new car.

My Mini Clubman S (Dark Silver w/sparkling silver roof and bonnet stripes) made it to the exit port on July 15, 2008. I believe it will be shipped to Charleston, SC. Any sense of how long it will take for it to arrive in the states?

Thanks!
Depending on the ships routing 13-15 days. Great write up here.

Welcome to the zoo!

Old 07-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Pretzel Logic
3rd Gear
You can also join our week 29 Support group, if you need any help dealing with MINI anticipation syndrome...

Old 07-21-2008, 04:19 PM
ngweibing
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hang aorund NAM and yr wait will be over very sooon

Old 07-21-2008, 07:46 PM
truK
1st Gear

Thanks!
I'm patiently waiting too. Seen a couple of ships come and go already and no joy on the WW cargo tracking tool. Hope it made the Caribbean Highway (K Line so no tracking available) on Sunday ... otherwise I've got to wait almost another week to catch a ride to Charleston.

Asked my MA to keep me informed and trying to resist the urge to keep calling.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:17 AM
lil mama
1st Gear
I am impressed that you ordered on 07/02 and made it through production on 07/15. I ordered the first week of June and didn't complete production until 07/12! It wasn't too hard to maintain my patience until yesterday when I started searching for ships and made my first nam posting. My kids think I have snapped and I am starting to wonder myself. So, one more query for help...does any body know how to find the booking numbers for the ships leaving Southampton? My VIN number isn't registering on WW website and if I can get the ship's booking number I am able to check the cargo. So far I have been able to confirm that my Clubman is NOT on the Patriot or the Figaro (unless, of course, I am on one of these ships and am just not showing up on the manifest like some other clubman owner's.)

Thanks,

Lilmama, not waiting so patiently any more!

Old 07-22-2008, 07:44 AM
OWG
5th Gear
My VIN number isn't registering on WW website and if I can get the ship's booking number I am able to check the cargo.
Sounds like you are in the K-line void. If so the only help is to hound your MA to do the research in the system to find out which one.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:53 AM
lil mama
1st Gear
Thanks OWG. Hope you are enjoying your ride. Love the color combination!

Old 07-22-2008, 07:13 PM
truK
1st Gear
I did get lucky ... I guess they hadn't sold too many clubmans when I ordered but my MA said the current wait for a clubman is 12-14 weeks. I was quoted 8-10 weeks when I ordered but started to think 6 weeks when it went into production right away. If I don't catch a ship soon, it will be 8 weeks before I get it.

Hope mine made it on the K Line ship this past weekend. If not, I hope its having a beer in the pub rather than sitting on the dock getting seagull poop on the bonnet.