1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Aboard the Caribbean Highway Departed 7/19/08

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008 | 01:00 PM
speeddeacon
|
1st Gear
All Aboard the Caribbean Highway Departed 7/19/08

Just received word that our MCS departed Southampton on Saturday, due in to Charleston on July 31. That's cause to celebrate with friends. Join in if you are aboard . She'll be arriving in Memphis then home to the "other" Oxford, Mississippi.

Old 07-23-2008 | 03:39 PM
mbsbike2002
1st Gear
I am hopeful. Arrived at the port on July 15 - still showing awaiting transport, though. I'm traveling this week, so i haven't bugged my MA about it yet. Has OL updated for you?

B

Old 07-23-2008 | 05:09 PM
tennesseemini
2nd Gear
Missed The Boat

Originally Posted by speeddeacon
Just received word that our MCS departed Southampton on Saturday, due in to Charleston on July 31. That's cause to celebrate with friends. Join in if you are aboard . She'll be arriving in Memphis then home to the "other" Oxford, Mississippi.
Hey, Speedeacon, I guess I missed the Caribbean Highway. I called my MA on the 19, and he said I wasn't on it. I just checked the "K" line schedule. I suppose I'll be on the Southern Highway. It arrives in Southhampton, 7/24-7/25. Arrives in Charleston. 8/7.

Old 07-23-2008 | 05:33 PM
speeddeacon
|
1st Gear
tennesseemini,

I spoke to my MA on Monday (7/21) to see if she was aboard a ship (either WW or K Lines) and he told me she wasn't on a ship yet. He then emailed me back today and said she was actually on the Caribbean Hwy and that it should be in Charleston on 7/31, which I already knew. It appears their info may lag a bit, at least with K Lines. If you spoke to them today, then I would suppose they should know by now. OL still says awaiting transport, but it didn't show Scheduled for Production until two days before the car was complete so I don't place much faith in that.

Who's your MA?

Old 07-23-2008 | 06:44 PM
Astromini4
1st Gear
I am hopeful that my MCSC is on board but Ihave not received any news from my MA. The OL still shows awaiting transport as it has since arriving at the docks on July 14th. Let's hope I learn I am on board soon.

Old 07-23-2008 | 07:46 PM
truK
1st Gear
My MINI OL status just changed to "En Route" and suspect I'm on the Caribbean Highway. Was watching the webcam on that day and caught a glimpse of the ship passing (see attachment).

Hopefully I'll hear from my MA to confirm I'm on the Caribbean Highway and on my way to the docks at Charleston. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Attached Thumbnails All Aboard the Caribbean Highway Departed 7/19/08-solent2.jpg  
Old 07-23-2008 | 09:10 PM
mbsbike2002
1st Gear
Originally Posted by truK
My MINI OL status just changed to "En Route" and suspect I'm on the Caribbean Highway. Was watching the webcam on that day and caught a glimpse of the ship passing (see attachment).

Hopefully I'll hear from my MA to confirm I'm on the Caribbean Highway and on my way to the docks at Charleston. Keeping my fingers crossed.
My OL status just changed to "En Route", too! WooHoo.... Probably a safe assumption that we're on Caribbean Highway.

B

Old 07-23-2008 | 09:14 PM
Astromini4
1st Gear
My status also changed to en route so mine is probably on the Caribbean Hwy also. So glad to know its on the way. Yippeee.

Old 07-23-2008 | 09:51 PM
kiminchrg
2nd Gear
I think i'm on board too... My MA hasn't gotten back to me today. (Monday he said it was still waiting, but told me to check back today) But the OL just moved to "en route".... huzzah!

Old 07-24-2008 | 01:20 AM
tennesseemini
2nd Gear
tennesseemini,

I spoke to my MA on Monday (7/21) to see if she was aboard a ship (either WW or K Lines) and he told me she wasn't on a ship yet. He then emailed me back today and said she was actually on the Caribbean Hwy and that it should be in Charleston on 7/31, which I already knew. It appears their info may lag a bit, at least with K Lines. If you spoke to them today, then I would suppose they should know by now. OL still says awaiting transport, but it didn't show Scheduled for Production until two days before the car was complete so I don't place much faith in that.

Who's your MA?
Speed, It is a bit confusing. I may be getting impatient. When I ordered on 7/5, my MA, Carl projected a delivery date of 8/20. I'll call him again today.

Old 07-24-2008 | 01:26 AM
tennesseemini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by kiminchrg
I think i'm on board too... My MA hasn't gotten back to me today. (Monday he said it was still waiting, but told me to check back today) But the OL just moved to "en route".... huzzah!
Kiminchrg, Hopefully, your on your way to Memphis. I checked OL after reading your post. Mine still says awaiting transport.

You saw may posts to Speedeacon? Cheers to you both.

Old 07-24-2008 | 06:42 AM
lil mama
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Astromini4
My status also changed to en route so mine is probably on the Caribbean Hwy also. So glad to know its on the way. Yippeee.
Congratulations!!! My status hasn't changed on OL but askmini and my dealership confirmed that I am on the Caribbean Hwy too! What a sense of relief to know that McSpeedy is almost halfway home! The question now is "can I relax or will the excitement keep building?!"

Old 07-24-2008 | 10:06 AM
speeddeacon
|
1st Gear
Originally Posted by kiminchrg
AWESOME! My status on OL changed to En Route too so we must be on that ship. Hopefully there will be no weather related issues on the Atlantic for the next 10 days and we should meet our new arrivals the first week in August!!

Old 07-24-2008 | 10:08 AM
speeddeacon
|
1st Gear
Originally Posted by tennesseemini
Kiminchrg, Hopefully, your on your way to Memphis. I checked OL after reading your post. Mine still says awaiting transport.

You saw may posts to Speedeacon? Cheers to you both.
Thanks. Keep checking as my status didn't change until today. Last night it was still listed as awaiting transport. Everyone else aboard the Caribbean Highway changed today too so maybe yours has since you last checked. We're hoping for you too .

Old 07-24-2008 | 06:14 PM
kiminchrg
2nd Gear
yep.. confirmed through tom that Jude is on the carribbean highway..
the schedule says charleston on July 31... but tom told me probably august 2.
guess the storms may have delayed travel a bit.

i can not wait!!!! so excited...

Old 07-25-2008 | 08:09 AM
speeddeacon
|
1st Gear
Conrats! We'll have to let the two of them have a play day at Deals Gap with some other friends some day!

Last edited by speeddeacon; 07-25-2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old 07-25-2008 | 08:37 AM
evil_command_ctr
1st Gear
Status also changed to en route. Let's hope for smooth weather.

Old 07-25-2008 | 02:40 PM
BSUCardinalfan
5th Gear
I'm also on this ship!

Old 07-25-2008 | 05:55 PM
truK
1st Gear
Just got confirmation from my MA that I'm aboard the Caribbean Highway.

Good thing my Clubman didn't find the pub while waiting at the dock.

Old 07-26-2008 | 08:13 PM
mbsbike2002
1st Gear
Hopefully Tropical Storm Genevieve forming in the mid-Atlantic minds her manners and steers well clear of the Caribbean Highway's track and the Charleston area...

Old 07-27-2008 | 05:16 PM
speeddeacon
|
1st Gear
Originally Posted by mbsbike2002
Hopefully Tropical Storm Genevieve forming in the mid-Atlantic minds her manners and steers well clear of the Caribbean Highway's track and the Charleston area...
Isn't Genevieve in the Pacific?

Anyone able to get any tracking info on our boat? I've tried sailww.info, digital seas, etc. and they don't have any information. She should be docking in Baltimore tomorrow then off to Charleston on Tuesday.

Old 07-28-2008 | 01:55 PM
mbsbike2002
1st Gear
It was mid-Atlantic - a quick check of National Hurricane Center shows that it didn't last very long.

B

Old 07-28-2008 | 02:42 PM
tennesseemini
2nd Gear
I'm headed to Charleston

Thanks. Keep checking as my status didn't change until today. Last night it was still listed as awaiting transport. Everyone else aboard the Caribbean Highway changed today too so maybe yours has since you last checked. We're hoping for you too .
Hey, Speeddeacon, I called my MA this morning and he said that my Mini is aboard the Southern Highway, even though OL AND Ask Mini say I'm awaiting transport. Whoopeee!

Old 07-28-2008 | 03:15 PM
speeddeacon
|
1st Gear
Originally Posted by mbsbike2002
It was mid-Atlantic - a quick check of National Hurricane Center shows that it didn't last very long.

B
OK, thanks for the info. Glad it calmed down quick.

Old 07-28-2008 | 03:17 PM
speeddeacon
|
1st Gear
Originally Posted by tennesseemini
Hey, Speeddeacon, I called my MA this morning and he said that my Mini is aboard the Southern Highway, even though OL AND Ask Mini say I'm awaiting transport. Whoopeee!
YEESSSS! Congrats man, now the real anticipation builds!!!

Quick Reply: All Aboard the Caribbean Highway Departed 7/19/08