1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 10:47 PM
allgo
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello

Hi all, do you have to post here to get to first gear? I'm in Eugene Oregon and living the dream! I have a stock (almost) chili red 06 JCW with optional rock chips .I bought it new and passed on the clear bra . many trips up and down I-5 and 20,000 miles have taken it's toll on the soft paint. I always wave and will never quit waving. it is great to be able to tap into the cumulative Mini knowledge of so many Miniacs.
Thanks

Old 07-23-2008, 11:32 PM
OPC
RATTUS Deserticus
Welcome to the NAM. Good to hear from the NW. I just moved to AZ from WA last Dec. and really missing the rain.

I know what you mean about I-5. Bloody road cost me a windshield, a head lamp, a door repair, two fog-lamps, and a side marker light. All in under 5yrs. All on my last car - so you bet I got the clear bra on li'l Piper.

Getting to 1st Gear takes 11posts. 51 gets you into 2nd gear & 151 gets you into 3rd or something. It's all in the FAQ, but don't let it bother you. It doesn't really mean much.

Be sure to stop by the General MINI board & join the CROC.

Cheers!

Old 07-24-2008, 01:02 AM
motionmonk
2nd Gear
Welcome Allgo!
A 'waver' is always good company in my book

For you and OPC, definitely a clear bra is a great investment. I'm in AZ too, and between sandstorms across here and in the Calif desert and random construction truck debris have made me glad I put one on mine the second week...

Old 07-24-2008, 01:21 AM
Red Dragoon
6th Gear
Congrats on your sweet ride. Enjoy the motoring.

CROC 411