1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 33 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 07:39 AM
Tank
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My MA sent me a VIN# on Friday. Our info isn't tracked in the Mini USA database so I'll be sitting tight here for the next couple weeks...checking out the CocoMats website for some floormats, and Detailer's Paradise for some new Prima products to keep my new baby clean and shiny.

Old 08-10-2008, 08:26 AM
NSX JR
3rd Gear
My completion date is now 8/13. Unfortunately I don't think I will make it to the port in time to get on the Patriot, but I can still hope! If I miss it, I will either get on a K-line ship or wait two more weeks for the Courage. Which ironically just delivered my mistake car to Charleston yesterday :(

Old 08-10-2008, 11:50 AM
KCinBR
3rd Gear
I called Ask Mini friday and was told that "assembly" will be on tuesday the 12th. Now how do you determine the name of the ship and when it leave/arrives at destination?

Also found my VIN# in the Ol

KC

Old 08-10-2008, 01:59 PM
ebh
2nd Gear
My MA told me my build will be week 33--bumped up from week 34--and I just ordered on Friday 8/8/08. Very happy I could sneak in like this--I had to go out of the area to get this deal, but it will be worth it. Pepper white/silver/silver Clubman S. I'm in LA but will be going to Las Vegas to pick up the car.

Old 08-10-2008, 02:42 PM
NSX JR
3rd Gear
KC you just have to keep trying to input your VIN into the WW auto cargo tracking website. If you are booked on a WW ship then it will show up in that database on or around the same day your car shows up at Southampton.

Besides that, you supposedly can get the info from your MA, but mine claims to be clueless about vessels, etc.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:12 AM
Barley
3rd Gear
Hmm, looks like I will straddle two weeks. A human at Ask MINI said my order was in production (staging) but would be 'mechanically assembled' next week. No completion date. Ordered from Desert Mini last Wednesday.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:36 AM
ebh
2nd Gear
On the owners lounge, my status changed from On Order to Waiting for Production, so I guess it's going to be rolling down the assembly line soon.

Old 08-11-2008, 01:21 PM
KCinBR
3rd Gear
I found out today that my Mini is in paint (code 152) according to my MA (John at Century Mini). But he also said it has a completion date of Aug. 11th which is today, so I must be real close to being a new Dad.

The Ask Mini service has me in body shop, so ask mini is behind , I used the automated service.
Also found out that your MA can tell you when it leaves the port of South hampton and when it will arrive at destination. The dealership has a printout of all cars on order and their status, I'm not sure how often it's updated I would think at least weekly.

If it ships on the WW line then it should be easy to track.....if not, well I'll just have to be patient

I've never bought a car that I could not take home at least by the next day.

Old 08-11-2008, 05:49 PM
HornBlowR
2nd Gear
Just talked to ASKMINI and my lil' guy is in the paint shop and should be completed tomorrow! Me happy.

Old 08-12-2008, 06:40 AM
NSX JR
3rd Gear
If we all hurry to the port we can catch one of the ships this weekend. The WW ship Patriot departs 8/15 and there is a K-line vessel too. The next WW ship that stops in Charleston does not leave until 8/30 which would be a LONG wait.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:18 AM
Barley
3rd Gear
Oog. I need to check out that ship schedule thing. "As Yet Unnamed" will need to go through the Panama Canal and I fear it will not be completed until early next week. (I'm not sure what 'week' I belong in any more...)

Good luck all catching the earliest ship possible. Will hold a good thought for ya.

Edit: if I read the schedule right, the next likely boat for Port Hueneme is the Don Carlos, departing 8/23, arriving 9/18.

Last edited by Barley; 08-12-2008 at 07:43 AM.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:42 AM
NSX JR
3rd Gear
There may be ships going to the west coast more frequently. I've just been watching the ones headed to CHS.

Old 08-12-2008, 12:45 PM
KCinBR
3rd Gear
MY MINI UPDATE: Just called Mini and found out that my Mini has been completed and is headed for the "port of exit".

What are the chances it will get on the next boat to South Carolina?

From here on out I'll just have to phreakin wait

Old 08-12-2008, 01:30 PM
ebh
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Barley

Edit: if I read the schedule right, the next likely boat for Port Hueneme is the Don Carlos, departing 8/23, arriving 9/18.
Yep, that looks like the soonest ship. What's annoying is it is scheduled to take 26 days, while the Carmen, leaving on Aug. 29, takes only 20 days and will arrive at the same time as the Don Carlos! Not fair!

I wish I could just grab my Clubman in Oxnard. I live in LA but ordered from Las Vegas since I was able to get a fast turnaround. So my car will be 60 miles or so away from me when it arrives at port, and then I'll have to wait a few days for it to trek a few hundred miles to Vegas, only to fly to Vegas and drive it back again!

Old 08-12-2008, 03:50 PM
HornBlowR
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by NSX JR
If we all hurry to the port we can catch one of the ships this weekend. The WW ship Patriot departs 8/15 and there is a K-line vessel too. The next WW ship that stops in Charleston does not leave until 8/30 which would be a LONG wait.
I have fingers crossed for the Patriot.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:32 AM
NSX JR
3rd Gear
Me too...that way we can track it instead of being on the K-line. My MINI is being finished today

Old 08-13-2008, 08:38 PM
HornBlowR
2nd Gear
I find it very interesting that there aren't more people on this thread. Week 32 has 802 postings. Maybe week 33 is a slow one at the assembly plant being a big vacation time with a lot less cars scheduled to be built.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:27 AM
Barley
3rd Gear
I'm sure it's because week 33'ers are disciplined, patient, and mature. We are smart and have done our homework; we're tracking our builds and are monitoring the shipping lines. Unless there are suprises we are confident that the MINIverse is unfolding in proper order, according to plan.

Nah, I'm not buying it, either.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:23 PM
MiniBoz
2nd Gear
Production Completion

AskMini has my Clubman being completed tomorrow the 15th. I was hoping for an arrival the week after Labor Day, but haven't really looked at the shipping schedules to NY/NJ... Mine will pass by me on the PA Turnpike, then I drive to Pittsburgh to get it!

Old 08-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Barley
3rd Gear
Mine's scheduled for completion on Saturday the 16th. Then it will hang around the docks until the following Saturday (according to the WW departure schedule). Worse, being on the West Coast it will take a Mighty Long Time to make the journey. Even more worser, the time it's likely to arrive, my wife will be out of town so I'll be anchored at home taking care of our four dogs. The day after she gets back, *I* have to leave town for almost a week. It will likely end up just sitting at the dealer for a week or two before I can grab a flight to LV to pick it up! If you're near the dealer you may look at it, but for heaven's sake wipe your drool up before it mars the paint.

Last edited by Barley; 08-14-2008 at 05:43 PM. Reason: I kan tu tipe gud
Old 08-14-2008, 06:50 PM
KCinBR
3rd Gear
Well, according to ASK MINI my MINI has been waiting at the port for the ship to come in since the 13th. The latest WW shipping schedule has the Patriot arriving and departing on the 17th.
Looks like I have a good chance of making the ship.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:07 PM
HornBlowR
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Barley
...so I'll be anchored at home taking care of our four dogs....
You have four dogs? Please, please don't tell my wife. We have two sweet cockapoos and my wife is bugging me for another. I've been able to hold back that insanity so far. But who knows, she may get me liquored up so I'll go along with her crazy scheme. And guess who'll have to stumble down the neighborhood looking like a dog walker!

Shhhhh!

Old 08-15-2008, 02:18 AM
GaryCooper
1st Gear
Finally a reply

Since my MA was on holidays last week, when she returned she posted this reply: Status 160 - Cleared QC and released to distribution.

She told me that we are just waiting for the V5 registration to be completed before sending it to the shipper. I believe she stated the target ship to be the Courage. I'm looking for a mid September pick up at POE Charleston.

Cheers

Old 08-15-2008, 11:19 AM
HornBlowR
2nd Gear
Just talked to ASK MINI and they say that my order is at 193 - Arrived at Port of Exit. It actually arrived at the port on the 13th. So it's waiting for a ship. Nothing comes up on the WW web site and my MA must be on vacation because I'm not hearing from her. Fingers crossed that it gets on a ship soon.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Barley
3rd Gear
Grumble. Mine's in the paint shop according to the live ASK-MINI, and might not finish until early next week. I do not want to miss that boat next Saturday!

Edit - oh wait. Given the Carmen would theoretically arrive at VDC at the same, time, I guess it doesn't really matter after all. It'll be here 18 Sept one way or the other.

Quick Reply: Week 33 Support Group